PDA

View Full Version : swap meet

dill icioius
11-10-2011, 02:56 AM
i have played the game through on 3 out of the 4 difficulties and yet, i haven't been able to get this achievement. i NEVER run into a native american camp. can anyone offer an idea about what i should or shouldn't do?

dill icioius
12-10-2011, 06:07 PM
i realize that oregon trail is not much of a hot item, but no one has bothered to reply to this in over a month? i gave up on account of boredom. i'll go back at some point and when i earn the achievement, i'll see if i can't shed some light on the issue in case this happens to anyone else. still, if anyone has advice, i'll check back periodically...

Creech
07-31-2012, 04:02 AM
It seems to me they only really show up if you are low on food.

Arsenic 17
11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
not sure, but you usually only get around 5 total per game, with most of those coming in the last half of the trip. It may be related to the food liket he above guy mentioned, but I dont think so. My first playthrough I was always getting them, but had ample food. My second playthrough I was just running through ultra hard, completely ignoring food so that it was empty almost the entire time, and had the same amount of encounters, around 5.

It may be related to having one of the three groups (food/supplies/money) low. Just go through on hard and speed run and only fix your wagon, dont hunt. You should get this by the end of your playthrough. Make sure you are paying attention and always tapping the screen (not too fast or you will hit the button to skip the trading).