PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide and Road Map

Pages : 1 [2] 3

NataSS Inc
11-26-2011, 01:28 AM
Just found the second word in the Animal Allegiance shout.

Word is Allegiance

Location is Angarvunde. Due west of Heartwood Mill that is in the Rifton territory. And watch for traps in this one.

Blur360
11-26-2011, 02:12 AM
for the final theives guild mission you need to trade in your armor for the set or you cant beat it...

can anyone confirm if you need the whole set or just one piece? because i sold the top

You need atleast one piece

I mak3 big boom
11-26-2011, 04:02 AM
Please read this and it to the guide

At morthal you will find a little boy and girl . The girl will ask you to play tag or hide and seek. Play tag and tag and when you are it keep pressing y on the boy. Every time you tag him it counts as a miscellaneous objective. He keeps tagging you back so you'll get to 50 in no time. I found them on the bridge in the middle of the day.

You can literally get the achievement in 3 minutes with this little trick

Ray5555
11-26-2011, 09:57 AM
It took me 83 hours to get 1000/1000. I was at 81.5 hours doing the story. The story only took me 1.5 hours to finish(I had done the first 6 story missions and accidently did the elder scroll mission while getting all of the daedra artifacts)

credible
11-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Legendary walkthrough, much appreciated. Had to do some hours of grinding in Oblivion, hope it doesn't feel like that much of a chore in Skyrim.

vulkean
11-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Legendary walkthrough, much appreciated. Had to do some hours of grinding in Oblivion, hope it doesn't feel like that much of a chore in Skyrim.

What grinding? They were all story-based achievements. Didn't have to go out of your way to do any of them did you?

Erydan
11-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Make a Save bevore an test it.
so save, get the Oghma Infinium, use it and afterwards continue to get the remaining artifacts, just to discover it did not work and the effort of hours is in vain? great tip...

anyone else who can say if it's ok to use the Oghma Infinium and getting the other artifacts afterwards for the achievement - or do I have to wait till the achievement pops to use it safely?

Webb
11-26-2011, 04:04 PM
You can use the Oghma Infinium straight away and it still counts towards the achievement, so long as you've had it in your possession, you're okay.

Method
11-26-2011, 04:21 PM
Webb,
I haven't finished the whole questline but apparently if you sell off your thieves guild armor you will not be able to get the One with the Shadows achievement. I'm not 100% sure if you need all pieces or just one though. Might want to add this as a missable achievement and put this advice in to save people some frustration.

Erydan
11-26-2011, 06:34 PM
You can use the Oghma Infinium straight away and it still counts towards the achievement, so long as you've had it in your possession, you're okay.

great! thanks a lot!

Ray5555
11-26-2011, 08:24 PM
Webb,
I haven't finished the whole questline but apparently if you sell off your thieves guild armor you will not be able to get the One with the Shadows achievement. I'm not 100% sure if you need all pieces or just one though. Might want to add this as a missable achievement and put this advice in to save people some frustration.

You only need one piece to get upgraded. that is what I did. I can confirm that.

Smug Fanboy
11-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks for this. I will be using this guide when I get the game.

Darktower
11-27-2011, 04:20 AM
I have 15 of the 16 Daedric artifacts..Missed the Mehrunes' Razor..But no cheevo..Anyone else miss one and still get the achievement?

McGoogles
11-27-2011, 06:52 AM
I have 15 of the 16 Daedric artifacts..Missed the Mehrunes' Razor..But no cheevo..Anyone else miss one and still get the achievement?

I didn't do 'The Only Cure' quest or pick up Volendrug after completing the quest with the orcs and still got the achievement.

I'm presuming you got both the Savior's Hide and Ring of Hirscine artifacts?

Darktower
11-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I didn't do 'The Only Cure' quest or pick up Volendrug after completing the quest with the orcs and still got the achievement.

I'm presuming you got both the Savior's Hide and Ring of Hirscine artifacts?

No I just got the ring..But isn't there 16 artifacts in total without grabbing both the hide and the ring?... So I figured we all had 1 to spare..Or am I missing something

Ap3 Juice
11-27-2011, 05:16 PM
You only need one piece to get upgraded. that is what I did. I can confirm that.

One piece for the master guild armor upgrade, or for the first upgrade you get in the beginning of the thieves guild questline?

lclockworkl
11-27-2011, 05:24 PM
Took me about 60 hours to get 1000/1000 great guide

Tricolorbob
11-27-2011, 05:33 PM
Thanks so much :) , guide helped me alot .

PNutFace
11-27-2011, 05:41 PM
NOTE: yippy smalz offered this handy tip: "...it's possible to get both Daedric artifacts in the quest "Ill met by moonlight." You agree to help kill the hunters and then afterwards talk to Sigmund then kill him and skin him and you get the hide. Leave the cave and you get the ring."

Copied off the USWIKI page or wot. His name is Sinding! And, importantly, you Must talk to him after killing the hunters. Then kill and skin him to get Hirscine to appear as a human. Then, and only then, when you leave the cave, your will see him again as the Elk in order to get the ring as well. It doesn't work if you just kill Sinding after slaying the hunters without talking to him. (The ultimate betrayal of trust, I guess). Also, pick up the body loot, once you leave the cave, the bodies are not there on return (as this is a deadric mission).

PNutFace
11-27-2011, 06:13 PM
An exploit on ' A Daedras Best Friend' - Barbas is an unkillable tank and can be a third follower. Start the quest and get the axe, but then dont finish it and go do whatever you wish. Barbas will follow and is immune to magic and even dragon bites! He won't store items, but your other follower wil act as a baggage handler. Like most NPCs, trigger the fight, duck down and he will charge in and massacre everything. Makes it almost too easy, but when you do decide to give him back for the Mask Of Clavicus Vile, the Daedric Prince comments you 'wasted an opportunity'. Barbas is incredibly annoying however and will edge you off cliffs etc.

McGoogles
11-27-2011, 09:17 PM
No I just got the ring..But isn't there 16 artifacts in total without grabbing both the hide and the ring?... So I figured we all had 1 to spare..Or am I missing something

There's a total of 16 if you count both the hide and ring artifacts.

A ZombieTwinkie
11-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Great Guide, Webb.

Now, if anyone is having troubles finding the ingredients for the Spellbreaker, or just doesn't want to spend the time searching. I've found a few easy places to get them.

The Deathbell Flower, and Vampire Dust can be found in the Arch Mage's room in the College by the Alchemy table. As for the Flawless Ruby, I think the Madesi in Riften might have a few (I already had a few on hand when I started the quest). And the Silver Ingot is easy enough to find. Though I just went to Warmaidens in Whiterun, bought Silver Ore, then went to the smelter outside and made the Ingot.

Took like, 5 minutes to get all of them.

DonJamma
11-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Can't wait to get my hands on this game :D

A Ret Paladin
11-28-2011, 12:19 AM
Just so you know, this by no means takes 100 hours+ for 100%. I got it in about 86 and if I just straight went for them probably like 70ish.

Stevey Boy2006
11-28-2011, 10:58 AM
Brilliant guide:drunk

Darktower
11-28-2011, 03:10 PM
There's a total of 16 if you count both the hide and ring artifacts.

FML..guess i will hope that theres some in one of the dlc's :uzi:

discostu1337
11-28-2011, 04:22 PM
Just so you know, this by no means takes 100 hours+ for 100%. I got it in about 86 and if I just straight went for them probably like 70ish.

Yeah, I'm sitting at 55 hours and just have the last of the Thieves Guild to finish up for the 1000/1000. I'd say 60 hours with some exploring and messing around.

ProxsimityVirus
11-28-2011, 10:20 PM
i cant seem to fast travel from one hold to the next after attacking some one for the bounty achievement. no matter how far i run from the area, i get cant fast travel while being pursued messages

Lo5e
11-28-2011, 10:58 PM
took me 85 hours to get the 1000 gamerscore and thats with me falling asleep playing on numerous occasions

Shadowiii
11-29-2011, 07:50 AM
Man, that thieves guild thing is a bummer. I kept doing them just for fun, thinking it had no ending/point, but now that it DOES have a point I'm kind of miffed. Talk about massively artificially boosting game time, geez.

Also, it's worth mentioning you only need the first word of a Dragon Shout (and don't even have to unlock it) for the achievements. I wished I'd realized that AFTER hunting down the multiple words for the rest of them...could have saved myself a good 5-6 hours. Just get the first word, and you get loads of 'em on the main quests.

Also for the Deadric quest involving a werewolf (the god of the hunt one), if you do, in fact, cheat the game and get two artifacts (the ring and the savior's hide) those count as TWO daedric artifacts, so you can cheat and not get all of them. I never got the shield, for example, but I did get the achievement.

Lastly, pickpocketing is a balls fast way to get to 100 skill as nearly every named character has a gem, ring, and coin on them which gives loads of experience. Or you can do one better: find the trainers, pay them once for a level, pickpocket the gold back, repeat. You get two skills boosted for (essentially) free.

Energizee956
11-29-2011, 08:35 AM
Just thought I'd let you guys now, it is possible to miss the Daedric Item Volendrug. Earlier in the game I was exploring and came across a camp of orcs. I had no idea that they were peaceful to begin with so I slaughtered them. Long story short, I think I killed Atub on accident. This is odd that he is killable; most quest-givers are invincible. Just a heads up Webb

Seppälä
11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
How is Oblivion Walker missable?
During main quest or in one of those quest?

I've read the adescritpion but I don't get it.

Bulletman
11-29-2011, 09:59 PM
How is Oblivion Walker missable?
During main quest or in one of those quest?

I've read the adescritpion but I don't get it.

Read this thread:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=346014

DopeySO
11-30-2011, 06:43 AM
This needs to be corrected. After doing almost 60 of these stupid little side quests, I finally did a google search and found out you only need to do 5-6 quests for each city. That means you only need to do 20-24 of these mini quests, not counting the main quests for each city.

Hopefully this will save others time because I wasted a good amount of hours doing this, thinking the method explained in the quote was the way to do it.

Yea its exactly 5 quests for each of the 4 cities.

On my first character I did it the random way, just completing the quests as Delvin and Vex gave them to me. Ended up doing around 60 quests and taking about 8 hours.

On my second character I just kept quitting jobs until I got the 5 for each city I needed. Ended up doing exactly 20 quests and took about 2 hours. So yes its a pretty huge time saver and a great tip.

yippy smalz
11-30-2011, 07:07 AM
NOTE: yippy smalz offered this handy tip: "...it's possible to get both Daedric artifacts in the quest "Ill met by moonlight." You agree to help kill the hunters and then afterwards talk to Sigmund then kill him and skin him and you get the hide. Leave the cave and you get the ring."

Copied off the USWIKI page or wot. His name is Sinding! And, importantly, you Must talk to him after killing the hunters. Then kill and skin him to get Hirscine to appear as a human. Then, and only then, when you leave the cave, your will see him again as the Elk in order to get the ring as well. It doesn't work if you just kill Sinding after slaying the hunters without talking to him. (The ultimate betrayal of trust, I guess). Also, pick up the body loot, once you leave the cave, the bodies are not there on return (as this is a deadric mission).

In my post I said I read that fact off the elder scrolls wiki, I just missed typed his name at first when passing the info. This on page 6. Also after killing all the hunters i was forced into conversation with him

Lebowski
11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the guide Webb, I totally thought my Thieves Guild one had glitched until I read that you have to grind through all those boring samey side quests.
How can some of you rush an Elder Scrolls at 60-70hours? Surely you get no time to truely enjoy it? I'm on 102hours but only have 730G (: These games are way too engaging to rush for me

Vandiloo
11-30-2011, 01:26 PM
Great guide. I've been enjoying the game so much I haven't even checked out the achievments until now!

Elctrchead
11-30-2011, 05:13 PM
I found Sam to start the Daedric quest in Ivarsted. But I didn't start looking for him til I was lvl 54. I had already started a different playthru by then & found him in Whtierun. The Wiki says he will appear in the inn nearest to you when you hit lvl 14.

COBOLisCOOL
11-30-2011, 08:31 PM
Easier "one with the shadows" achievement

To get one of the four larger quests, you need to do a number of smaller ones in the same city. So, when you get a small quest in an undesirable city (like Riften) go back to the quest provider and tell them you don't want to do the quest. You will then be able to ask for a new quest that is hopefully in the needed city.

Elite Assassin
11-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Great guide. Can't wait to get my hands on this one. This should come in handy!

Explodius
12-01-2011, 01:34 AM
War Hero is also missable.

shadowr4ven
12-01-2011, 02:50 AM
FYI, my log says I found 14 standing stones. And I know I got the achievement and then found the Lover's Stone. I don't know if this is a glitch or what.

FLO
12-01-2011, 03:56 AM
true achievements has posted an incredible guide for skill books for those of you stuck with only a few to go and too much area to explore.

Start from the beginning, I just had 5 left to go and it helped me get them faster than I thought.

http://www.trueachievements.com/a157066/reader-achievement.htm

Lo5e
12-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the guide Webb, I totally thought my Thieves Guild one had glitched until I read that you have to grind through all those boring samey side quests.
How can some of you rush an Elder Scrolls at 60-70hours? Surely you get no time to truely enjoy it? I'm on 102hours but only have 730G (: These games are way too engaging to rush for me

Ofc i enjoyed it i still finished all the main questlines and more to boot started playing goldeneye now which sucks terribly btw

PrinceofDeath86
12-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Yea its exactly 5 quests for each of the 4 cities.

On my first character I did it the random way, just completing the quests as Delvin and Vex gave them to me. Ended up doing around 60 quests and taking about 8 hours.

On my second character I just kept quitting jobs until I got the 5 for each city I needed. Ended up doing exactly 20 quests and took about 2 hours. So yes its a pretty huge time saver and a great tip.
I wish i would have found this earlier, i've already done like 30 of these stupid little side quests. Now that i know this i'll be avoiding alot of headache to finish up the Thieves Guild for my 1000G

shadowr4ven
12-01-2011, 09:25 PM
FYI, a dungeon counts as cleared when you have alerted all creatures inside of it. You don't have to loot anything. I just got my 50th dungeon achieve in Pinemoon Cave - once all the vampires were attacking me it popped.

JelDeRebel
12-01-2011, 09:27 PM
bah, Stupid Oghma Infinium

I went into the cave after collecting the blood samples. Had Septimus open the Dwemer box thing, Septimus was killed. I didn't take the book yet and left the cave o.O
Now i can't get in the box anymore :(

Bum Commando
12-02-2011, 01:45 AM
excellent guide. thank you!

Grummy
12-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Question RE: Boethiah's Calling quest (for the Ebony Mail artifcat).

Once you are tasked with killing her champion to get the artifcat, the quest says to slay everyone at knifepoint ridge stealthily. Do you actually have to do that or can you still get the armour by just charging in and giving everybody a slapping? My Nord fighter isn't exactly famed for being sneaky.

Along those lines, do you even actually need to complete that quest for it to count, or can you just kill the champion and keep the artifact, never actually returning to Boethiah?

TombRaiser
12-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Question RE: Boethiah's Calling quest (for the Ebony Mail artifcat).

Once you are tasked with killing her champion to get the artifcat, the quest says to slay everyone at knifepoint ridge stealthily. Do you actually have to do that or can you still get the armour by just charging in and giving everybody a slapping? My Nord fighter isn't exactly famed for being sneaky.

Along those lines, do you even actually need to complete that quest for it to count, or can you just kill the champion and keep the artifact, never actually returning to Boethiah?
I went in there sneaking, but got discovered after about the 3rd guy I killed stealthy. Long story short, you don't have to sneak your way through.

Grummy
12-02-2011, 08:13 AM
Groovy, cheers.

Colby
12-02-2011, 08:56 AM
The skeleton key does count for the daedric artifacts achievement. the only daedric quest i didnt do was azuras star.

Kirbster117
12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Just finished my last Daedric Quest and 100%. Cheers for the guide Webb!

sighon
12-03-2011, 12:06 AM
Not sure if anyone else posted or noticed while pick pocketing you can place an item from your inventory into theres each item counts towards the achievement i picked 2 peoples pockets and it counted for all 50 times

Ray5555
12-03-2011, 05:32 AM
One piece for the master guild armor upgrade, or for the first upgrade you get in the beginning of the thieves guild questline?

The first upgrade you get for your original thieves armor. You only need 1 piece.

droelghynn
12-03-2011, 09:59 AM
i finished the game last night, 202 hours of gaming 950G

Just want to say that some achievements are glitched, Master Criminal (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59316-Master-Criminal.html) doesn't work on non-english speaking version of the game (i try with 2 characters), Glory of the Dead (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59292-Glory-of-the-Dead.html)can be glitched if you already did penombris before you are asked to in the quest (which was my case). For Oblivion Walker i'm not sure, but i did everything (i have the guide, so i checked to be sure) and had no achievement.

I finally had the Glory of the Dead (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59292-Glory-of-the-Dead.html) with a second character but the game has a lot of glitch (and is awesome anyway :) )

rbanke
12-04-2011, 12:26 AM
I posted this on the ps3 site, but figured someone here might also find it useful as the guides are mostly the same:

"Last night I printed out the list of Oblivion Walker quests thinking it would be good to keep next to me while I played to check if I was near one of the quests. However, its too much information to quickly check when you go near a town or see an npc or whatever. So I've used your guide along with the Skyrim wiki to make a small printable spreadsheet. It shows the location, level requirement, quest giver, item, quest name, and some small notes about each quest. Since I have not actually done any of these quests yet, I can't say how accurate it is, but since I followed your guide and the Wiki, I'm guessing its good.

Some notes:
-The Skull of Corruption has conflicting in on lvl requirement (this guide says 14, wiki says none)
-I've listed 5 as missable in the notes because I've seen conflicting info in this guide on which 4 are actually missable.

If you select the grid and print it landscape it should only take up one sheet of paper. Let me know if you find this useful, or anything i should add/change/remove from it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcIAB56UoDsdFQ1YU5rVzN0TkJNOVlPaWVUZVZxd Xc#gid=0
"

Rage1776
12-04-2011, 04:48 PM
1000/1000 thanks for the guide

The Daedric relic quests took forever.

Foxxy kyle
12-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I dont actually have to use every stone do I? Just discover them?

Falchion17
12-05-2011, 06:25 AM
I can't believe so many people have 1000'd this game already! Anyways just started but thanks for the guide :)

shockerizgod
12-05-2011, 04:35 PM
do you have to find each stone or use each one??

NataSS Inc
12-05-2011, 05:01 PM
do you have to find each stone or use each one??

Just find it. I used the warrior stone right from the start and the achievement unlocked for me just locating the others.

niko da bos
12-05-2011, 07:03 PM
lol im looking at this list, and i have like a good number of these things done. yet i only remember popping 1 or 2 achievements, and that was like the day of getting the game.

i havent progressed too far in the story, but have gotton to lvl 30 and learned all three words of a shout ect.. its just kind of dumbfounding why i havent unlocked any :confused:

EDIT : i just realized that i was annoyed with all the people signing online and such (notifications), so i went to my settings and turned them off. the notifications have been disabled since i started this game, ahaha whooooops.

Armoxial
12-05-2011, 08:31 PM
Thanks for this guide!

deiXide
12-05-2011, 10:54 PM
Thanks! I just have a few left for 1000. The daedric quests were some of the best in the game. Well worth doing the achievements.

Foxxy kyle
12-05-2011, 11:39 PM
If your far in the thieves guild can you answer this for me? Thanks :woop:

Do you guys know if you can get the skeleton key back after returning it to its rightful spot or once i put it back its stuck there forever.

CelticWarriorDB
12-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Foxxy Kyle, no, once you give it up, you can never get it back.

I have some questions, it might be dumb, but it's bugging me. I've learned so many 'words of power' yet I still don't have the Words of Power achievement. I'm looking at my shouts, and I have a few that have all three words. Right now, I just learned the third word for the 'Marked for Death' shout, yet I still don't have this achievement. Am I doing something wrong, or am I reading it wrong?

Also, I have 22 dragon souls, yet almost every one of my shouts is telling me I need Dragon Souls.....................okay? I have 22 of them, WTH?

One more, what counts for the 'Thu'um Master' achievement? Do I just have to learn one word of a shout, or do I have to learn all three of them?

Noob in the Sky
12-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Foxxy Kyle, no, once you give it up, you can never get it back.

I have some questions, it might be dumb, but it's bugging me. I've learned so many 'words of power' yet I still don't have the Words of Power achievement. I'm looking at my shouts, and I have a few that have all three words. Right now, I just learned the third word for the 'Marked for Death' shout, yet I still don't have this achievement. Am I doing something wrong, or am I reading it wrong?

Also, I have 22 dragon souls, yet almost every one of my shouts is telling me I need Dragon Souls.....................okay? I have 22 of them, WTH?

One more, what counts for the 'Thu'um Master' achievement? Do I just have to learn one word of a shout, or do I have to learn all three of them?

You must make sure to actually 'buy' all three words in a shout with your collected dragon souls after learning them off a word wall (so that all will be displayed in white, not grey), which was why it didn't pop up for me at first; had no idea at that point what the dragon souls were actually for and hadn't noticed the option in the shouts menu. When I realized that, I simply unlocked Unrelenting Force in full, which you can do easily during 'The Way of the Voice'. I expect Thu'um Master to be a one word minimum per shout.

Squirrels
12-07-2011, 05:22 PM
^Correct, you need one word of each shout for Thu'um Master and must unlock them buy spending your dragon souls,simply go over the shout and press 'X' and confirm the unlock.
I also got the 1000G for this fantastic game, thanks for the guide Webb.

trashmanofdeath
12-08-2011, 01:51 AM
There are three ways that I know of to get a skill to level 100. The first way is go to the greybeards. When you get there, sneak behind a greybeard and punch him, it increases yer sneaking and the greybeards wont attack u.(You can also use weapons, but i prefer normal punches, then they wont die). The second way is to go to Riften. When u get there, go to a place called the "Black-Brior Meadery." When u get there, talk to the bartender and click the click the second option (Can't remember at the moment what the otion says) after that, click the option that says "(Persuade) No, tell me the truth," and if it's successful, then yer speech goes up, but there is a glitch that Bethesda hasn't patched yet where you repeat that speech process over and over again. The last one is Smithing Skill. What you do is go to a black smith and buy all the iron ingot, iron ore, and leather strips they have, once you do that, use the forge and make a bunch of iron daggers. This one is kind of time consuming and requires money, but an easy way to get a skill up to level 100.

defaultdotxbe
12-08-2011, 01:58 AM
There are three ways that I know of to get a skill to level 100. The first way is go to the greybeards. When you get there, sneak behind a greybeard and punch him, it increases yer sneaking and the greybeards wont attack u.(You can also use weapons, but i prefer normal punches, then they wont die).
i dont think the greybeards die anyway, i tried lol

and you dont need to atatck them to level sneaking, just keep moving, theres several places you can do this, like when an enemy is in the next room and unlikely to find you just rubber band the controller and walk against a wall

The last one is Smithing Skill. What you do is go to a black smith and buy all the iron ingot, iron ore, and leather strips they have, once you do that, use the forge and make a bunch of iron daggers. This one is kind of time consuming and requires money, but an easy way to get a skill up to level 100.
if money is a problem just go hunting, bears and saber cat pelts give 4 leather each (all pelts and hides give leather, but those give the most) then each leather gives 4 leather strips, then you can make leather bracers. no need for any money

then you can enchant the bracers to boost enchanting, and sell them to a merchant to speech and get gold

Efase
12-08-2011, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the guide! Just read through all of it, and I will sure use it later.

Mr Sloptastic
12-08-2011, 03:55 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UP3b3z8=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59305-Sideways.html)
Sideways (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59305-Sideways.html) - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Complete 10 side quests

What is a side-quest? Well, that’s a trickier question that it sounds… a side quest in Skyrim is a quest that is big enough that it’s not classed as a “Miscellaneous Objective,” a quest that isn’t a questline quest (i.e. main quest, guild quest and the civil war quests) or one of the many Daedric quests. It’s tougher than it sounds in all honesty and tricky to work out. Out of 86 quests (at last check), only 12 of those were side missions. As long as it doesn’t fall under the three points above though and is fairly substantial (they’re not short missions!), then it should register as a side-mission.

Things like the quest for the trader in Riverwood that sends you to Bleak Falls Barrow to retrieve the golden claw are side missions, visiting somewhere because someone told you to are not.
(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59319-Skill-Master.html)

A good way to tell whether a quest is a side quest and not a quest for one of the side storylines or a daedric quest is to look at the top of your quest screen where the name is, depending on what category the quest falls into it has different markings on either side of the quest name.

shadowr4ven
12-09-2011, 08:33 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UPyi3mM=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59298-One-with-the-Shadows.html)
One with the Shadows - (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59298-One-with-the-Shadows.html)30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory

In order to get this achievement you have to do enough side missions (and then a main mission for each of the 4 major cities) for the Thieves Guild, namely Delvin and Vex, so you can restore the Thieves Guild to its former glory. It’s basically a matter of doing a set of mundane jobs throughout the cities of Skyrim until the guild catches someone’s eye there, then doing the main mission in that city. There’s a lot of tooing and froing to be done here, so don’t say you haven’t been warned – remember as well, pick two missions up at a time (one from each Delvin and Vex) and then drop them off two at a time.

By my reckoning, you have to do around 40 smaller quests overall (well, that’s how many I did), as well as 4 bigger quests in the 4 major cities (not Riften) – these 4 missions will be given to you while you do the smaller quests at various intervals. It’s 350 gold a mission to start with, 400 later on and they are quick and relatively easy (except the Bedlam stuff), but yes, it’s boring as sin!

The types of mission are:

Delvin:
The Numbers Job – forge a specific ledger.
The Fishing Job – pickpocket a specific item.
The Bedlam Job – steal 500 gold of goods from one city.

Vex:
The Burglary Job – steal a specific something from someone’s house.
The Shill Job – plant a specific stolen object in someone’s house.
The Sweep Job – steal a series of specific valuable items from someone’s house.
The Heist Job – steal from a shop.

Then you’ll have to do the following quests in each city:

- Imitation Amnesty – Whiterun.
- Silver Lining - Markarth.
- Windhelm – Summerset Shadows
- The Dainty Sload – Solitude

Then finally:

- Under New Management – Speak to Brynjolf to start this bad boy when you have done the other 4 main quests.

Yeah, it’s a pain in the ass in truth and super boring – talk about cheaply artificially extending the length of the guild – but it has to be done… it helps towards the 100,000 gold achievement anyway, plus a few of the other more sinister achievements.

This needs to be listed as MISSABLE. If you sell all your Thieves Guild armor, this achievement is impossible.

BananasWithGuns
12-10-2011, 02:17 AM
Awesome guide man, thanks.

Ray5555
12-10-2011, 04:27 AM
This needs to be listed as MISSABLE. If you sell all your Thieves Guild armor, this achievement is impossible.

Well not really since if you leveled up your pickpocketing, there is a skill that allows you to steal equipped items, weapons, and armors. So you can steal a piece of thieves armor from a recruit.

shadowr4ven
12-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Well not really since if you leveled up your pickpocketing, there is a skill that allows you to steal equipped items, weapons, and armors. So you can steal a piece of thieves armor from a recruit.

are you sure? Because I've killed them and the armor is not lootable.

Banshee3
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
thanks for the guide! It'll come in handy for finishing up stuff when I'm done messin around.

THUGGEDOUT
12-10-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the guide, just 1k'd it.

Drunken Deity
12-10-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I ran into a horrible bug today. Do NOT sell the Thieves Guild armor or else you won't be able to get the last achievement associated with that quest line. I've sunk 90+ hours into this game only to be so discouraged I'm not picking it up again until they fix this issue.

trashmanofdeath
12-10-2011, 07:57 PM
i dont think the greybeards die anyway, i tried lol

and you dont need to atatck them to level sneaking, just keep moving, theres several places you can do this, like when an enemy is in the next room and unlikely to find you just rubber band the controller and walk against a wall

if money is a problem just go hunting, bears and saber cat pelts give 4 leather each (all pelts and hides give leather, but those give the most) then each leather gives 4 leather strips, then you can make leather bracers. no need for any money

then you can enchant the bracers to boost enchanting, and sell them to a merchant to speech and get gold

Its better to attack than to just walk because u get more exp.

xXRorazonXx
12-10-2011, 08:40 PM
Very helpful guide. :)

ChromiumDragon
12-10-2011, 10:52 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UPkANZo=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59297-Darkness-Returns.html)
Darkness Returns (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59297-Darkness-Returns.html) - 10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Complete "Darkness Returns"

For the second Thieves Guild achievement, you’ll have to partake in a few thieves guild jobs first. The following are missions required for this achievement:

- Loud and Clear – A nice little heist job of sorts.
- Dampened Spirits – Someone wants you to do some of their dirty work.
- Speaking With Silence – Head into the dark depths of the Snow Veil Sanctum.
- Hard Answers – Head to Winterhold and beyond.
- Darkness Returns – The less said, the better, just complete this quest.
- The Pursuit – Head back to the thieves guild and begin this new quest.
- Trinity Restored – Take a trip to get something of great power.
- Blindsighted – Travel somewhere and get something important.
- Darkness Returns – Finish it, once and for all.

I would consider listing this as a glitched achievement.

Under certain circumstances, you cannot legitimately enter the Pilgrim's Path at all, relying on a glitch in the wall to get you into the dungeon. And once you're in, there is no way out other than completing the quest.

The end of the quest also has its own issues. After Nocturnal gives you her little speech, you need to talk to Karliah. The problem is that when you try, she gives you no dialogue options, and gets stuck saying nothing more than "Yes, fellow nightingale?". The mission cannot continue, and you're left trapped in the dungeon.

Waiting, spamming the A button, reloading, turning the xbox off and on, clearing the cache, etc. all do not help. You're trapped in the dungeon, and reloading from a previous save from before you entered the dungeon is your only option, and the quest remains uncompletable.

And if you don't have a previous save from before you even entered the dungeon, starting a new game is your only option. I had to start from a previous save from a day before. Argh. 10 hours of work, gone.

Some people have gotten this, others get stuck at "yes, fellow nightingale?" It's glitched, and IMO should be listed accordingly.

shadowr4ven
12-10-2011, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I ran into a horrible bug today. Do NOT sell the Thieves Guild armor or else you won't be able to get the last achievement associated with that quest line. I've sunk 90+ hours into this game only to be so discouraged I'm not picking it up again until they fix this issue.

yup, look a couple posts up.

shadowr4ven
12-10-2011, 11:32 PM
I would consider listing this as a glitched achievement.

Under certain circumstances, you cannot legitimately enter the Pilgrim's Path at all, relying on a glitch in the wall to get you into the dungeon. And once you're in, there is no way out other than completing the quest.

The end of the quest also has its own issues. After Nocturnal gives you her little speech, you need to talk to Karliah. The problem is that when you try, she gives you no dialogue options, and gets stuck saying nothing more than "Yes, fellow nightingale?". The mission cannot continue, and you're left trapped in the dungeon.

Waiting, spamming the A button, reloading, turning the xbox off and on, clearing the cache, etc. all do not help. You're trapped in the dungeon, and reloading from a previous save from before you entered the dungeon is your only option, and the quest remains uncompletable.

And if you don't have a previous save from before you even entered the dungeon, starting a new game is your only option. I had to start from a previous save from a day before. Argh. 10 hours of work, gone.

Some people have gotten this, others get stuck at "yes, fellow nightingale?" It's glitched, and IMO should be listed accordingly.

well known glitches, unfortunately, but they didn't happen to me.

This is why I save every 10 minutes, and keep about 20 saves. Always a good idea.

ChromiumDragon
12-11-2011, 01:57 AM
well known glitches, unfortunately, but they didn't happen to me.

just because they didn't happen to you doesn't mean they won't happen to others. It's like "Blood on the ice" -- a very commonly glitched side quest that worked perfectly for me. The difference between the two, though, is that (a) this one is tied to an achievement, and (b) can render your game unplayable if you're not careful.

Achievement hunters are more likely to try going through this quest through any means necessary to try to get the achievement without having to play through a second time, and IMO the achievement should be listed as glitched so they can get fair warning.

This is why I save every 10 minutes, and keep about 20 saves. Always a good idea.

Yep. I usually do. I'm on save #210 or something like that. Today, though, I went full retard and didn't save like I was supposed to, and paid for it.

Ray5555
12-11-2011, 03:43 AM
are you sure? Because I've killed them and the armor is not lootable.

you should be able to steal it if you leveled your pickpocketing skill high enough, and used a perk to steal equipped items.

darthroker29
12-11-2011, 07:26 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UPyi3mM=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59298-One-with-the-Shadows.html)
One with the Shadows - (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59298-One-with-the-Shadows.html)30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory

Idk if this has been mention before, but the way I did it was I counted missions in a city and it was 5 before I got the big one. So to make sure you get a city that u need, save before you talk to vex and delvin and if you dont get the city you wanted just reload and try again. Remember, Riften DOES NOT count. It took me no time to get the cheevo this way. Hope this helps!:)

King Master Hot
12-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Many thanks for the guide Webb, it's been ultra helpful! 1000g soon enough!

djspencee
12-11-2011, 08:02 PM
The Thieves Guild missions are so repetitive, but I'm almost done with them so no big deal.

collin232
12-11-2011, 11:31 PM
I reeeeeeeally wish that I read this earlier because I refused to help Eola in the Understone Keep so now I can't get one of the daedric artifacts and that achievement is lost to my current character forever. :( That is if there is only 15 artifacts to find which then yes I screwed myself.

Ray5555
12-12-2011, 03:27 AM
I reeeeeeeally wish that I read this earlier because I refused to help Eola in the Understone Keep so now I can't get one of the daedric artifacts and that achievement is lost to my current character forever. :( That is if there is only 15 artifacts to find which then yes I screwed myself.

No it just means you have to side with sniddling and kill the hunters. Leave and get the ring uncursed. Then go back and skin sniddling. That will make up for your missed daedra artifact.

cpv008
12-12-2011, 06:57 AM
I have a question about the Oblivion Walker Achievement. I'm going for the Oblivion Walker achievement as it's the last achievement I need for the game. And today I thought I finished all of the quests and had received all the artifacts, but my quest log said I had only completed 14 quests. So I looked through all of my quests in the journal and apparently the House of Horrors quest with Molag Bal did not register, but I know I completed it. I remember beating the priest with the mace and actually getting the mace myself. So I went to Markarth to go into the Abandoned House but I could not open it because apparently I don't have the key for it. So I was wondering if there was any way to fix this or do I have to do all the quests again on a new character? This is extremely frustrating.

Disasterpiece83
12-12-2011, 01:20 PM
1000G in 109 hours, what a blast! Still about ten quests in my quest log and 6 dragon priest masks to collect, plus levelling up to the level cap!

shadowr4ven
12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
you should be able to steal it if you leveled your pickpocketing skill high enough, and used a perk to steal equipped items.

I've yet to have anyone confirm this. I ended up getting 1000GS though, just not by doing that.

shadowr4ven
12-12-2011, 03:50 PM
just because they didn't happen to you doesn't mean they won't happen to others.

I never said they wouldn't. I wasn't discounting it. They definitely do happen to others, I was just commenting that I was lucky.

shadowr4ven
12-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Idk if this has been mention before, but the way I did it was I counted missions in a city and it was 5 before I got the big one. So to make sure you get a city that u need, save before you talk to vex and delvin and if you dont get the city you wanted just reload and try again. Remember, Riften DOES NOT count. It took me no time to get the cheevo this way. Hope this helps!:)

you don't need to save. Just talk again and say you want to quit that job. then get a new one until it's the right place.

RED DEAD LE6END
12-13-2011, 06:50 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UPrLwgk=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59319-Skill-Master.html)
Skill Master (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59319-Skill-Master.html) - 40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Get a skill to 100

this chivo is the easy one just simply find some red dots in front of you anywhere in the game now find cover but do not lose sight of the red dots whether you actually can see any enemy is not important as long as you have at least 1 red dot in front of you above your head now find your cover and hit left stick to enter sneak mode once you see hidden this means sneak mode is now active and your sneak level is already rising just have patients all you need is 1 red dot in the distance while being actively and succesfully hidden in sneak mode i got the hundred after 6 hours of pure patients this on my 3rd day of playing skyrim lol and after having got 100 sneak asap this makes the whole game pratically open up for you no more problems with dragons mages creatures from now on as i can sneak anywhere anytime also invest in sneak perks if you like to sneak attack is cool bonuses

shadowr4ven
12-13-2011, 03:47 PM
this chivo is the easy one just simply find some red dots in front of you anywhere in the game now find cover but do not lose sight of the red dots whether you actually can see any enemy is not important as long as you have at least 1 red dot in front of you above your head now find your cover and hit left stick to enter sneak mode once you see hidden this means sneak mode is now active and your sneak level is already rising just have patients all you need is 1 red dot in the distance while being actively and succesfully hidden in sneak mode i got the hundred after 6 hours of pure patients this on my 3rd day of playing skyrim lol and after having got 100 sneak asap this makes the whole game pratically open up for you no more problems with dragons mages creatures from now on as i can sneak anywhere anytime also invest in sneak perks if you like to sneak attack is cool bonuses

I disagree. I constantly get dropped on by Dragons even while I'm sneak rolling at 100 sneak with nightingale armor. And you can usually get the first arrow on dudes in caves but if they're powerful mages you usually won't take them out with one shot. It doesn't make the game a cake walk, though it does help.

Remember that once you're hidden, sneak stops gaining I think. So, if you're high enough sneak to get hidden fast, they will stop being red dots very quickly and sneak will stop gaining.

a loz3r
12-13-2011, 06:04 PM
the guide writer screwed me over i put this game on hold for a month and he hasn't fixed the problem in the thieves, i say wasted me hours now just because he didnt feel like stating you need to keep your Armour i say he should ban from writing guides because of the 100s of hours of game play members have wasted due to his incompetence

Matt36
12-13-2011, 06:07 PM
the guide writer screwed me over i put this game on hold for a month and he hasn't fixed the problem in the thieves, i say wasted me hours now just because he didnt feel like stating you need to keep your Armour i say he should ban from writing guides because of the 100s of hours of game play members have wasted due to his incompetence

LOL bit extreme isn't it?

I'm in the same boat but its not the writers fault.

NataSS Inc
12-13-2011, 09:21 PM
Awesome guide! 1000/1000

NukeDukem
12-13-2011, 09:28 PM
dunno if its been mentioned, but war hero seems to be missable too. if the stormcloaks have markarth after the peace treaty, then you side with them against the legion, you dont go to fort sungard, or whichever one of the two it is you are meant to.

Seraph Metatron
12-13-2011, 09:41 PM
Webb, I don't know if you still read this thread, but I think there may be a second achievement. I cannot confirm this yet, but I think "War Hero" could be missable. I am doing the civil war questline after finishing the main story quest (and thus "Season Unending"). I am on the side of the Empire and gave the Empire Riften during negotiations. I have read on some other forums that it can cause the fort to already be in the possession of the Empire and thus unobtainable as an achievement.

For the Stormcloaks I heard it was Markarth. I don't know if anyone can confirm this or not. In the next day or so I can probably let you know for sure, but anyone else care to weigh in on it?

Searched the forum first and didn't find anything conclusive.

NukeDukem
12-13-2011, 09:56 PM
yeah its definitely missable, i didnt get it. reloaded an older save to side with the empire though, should get it now

GDragon3
12-14-2011, 02:05 AM
This damn Oblivion Walker achievement is really starting to aggravate me. I thought I had messed up the first time, so I went and did them ALL over again and it still didn't unlock.
I know I did everything right cause I have all of the artifacts. Does anyone know if this is going to be fixed in a patch soon? Cause I'm not redoing this all over again.

Kraderic
12-14-2011, 03:39 AM

yeah, but he also didn't tell you to sell the armor either, you nimrod. besides, how worse off are you? just start a new damn character and aim only to finish the thieves guild to get the achievement, then return to your previous save. problem fucking solved.

shockerizgod
12-14-2011, 02:52 PM
can you refuse thieves guilds mini quests at the end to get to the big city quests??

a loz3r
12-14-2011, 03:45 PM
yeah, but he also didn't tell you to sell the armor either, you nimrod. besides, how worse off are you? just start a new damn character and aim only to finish the thieves guild to get the achievement, then return to your previous save. problem fucking solved.

its still missiable besides i have no svaes from before i sold the armor and how was i suppose to now i wanted to get the 100,000 gold achievement, im only really concerned is how no one told me this. it sold still be labeled as misable

funky305
12-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Hey everybody, i'm struggling to get the master criminal achievement lol, it's the only one left and it's getting on my nerves :s Do i need to get a bounty of 1000 exactly in each of the 9 holds ?
Because i have much more in each hold and i didn't get the achievement.. One of my friend told me that it's a glitched achievement and you cannot get it if you don't owe the english game.. Sounds f**ked up to me ^^

Seraph Metatron
12-14-2011, 06:58 PM
So I was able to get the War Hero achievement after all. But I think it was because I exchanged Markarth for Riften. So instead of attacking Fort Greenwall as the Empire, I attacked Fort Sungard instead. So I still believe this might be missable from what I have read, but apparently I still was able to get it.

NukeDukem
12-14-2011, 07:07 PM
also thought id add, playing tag with the kids in whiterun is a great way to hammer out a load of misc objectives without doing any quests, if youre after the fastest 1k possible

Matt36
12-15-2011, 02:49 PM
also thought id add, playing tag with the kids in whiterun is a great way to hammer out a load of misc objectives without doing any quests, if youre after the fastest 1k possible

How so? 1k bounty you mean?

shadowr4ven
12-15-2011, 04:58 PM
How so? 1k bounty you mean?

probably talking about the 50 miscs achievement, which help to get 1K gamerscore.

I don't want to think of what he'd be doing with those kids to get 1K bounty..... lol

Matt36
12-15-2011, 05:39 PM
I'd rather not ask what he was doing in order to get a 1k bounty for playing with children...

LouisvileBurnin
12-16-2011, 08:23 AM
Should mention "One with the Shadows" as a missable achievement. If you sell the Thieves Guild armor before you let Tanilla upgrade it she will be locked in that dialogue (to upgrade it) and will never give you the Guild Master's armor to complete the achievement. If you've sold it to her you CAN NEVER GET IT BACK. EXTREMELY frustrating.

Matt36
12-16-2011, 10:18 AM
Should mention "One with the Shadows" as a missable achievement. If you sell the Thieves Guild armor before you let Tanilla upgrade it she will be locked in that dialogue (to upgrade it) and will never give you the Guild Master's armor to complete the achievement. If you've sold it to her you CAN NEVER GET IT BACK. EXTREMELY frustrating.

You're a bit behind on this one ;)

Seraph Metatron
12-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I'm curious if the roadmap is going to continue to be updated. There have been a number of posts suggesting missable achievements.

amywelshcastle
12-16-2011, 01:41 PM
So I was able to get the War Hero achievement after all. But I think it was because I exchanged Markarth for Riften. So instead of attacking Fort Greenwall as the Empire, I attacked Fort Sungard instead. So I still believe this might be missable from what I have read, but apparently I still was able to get it.

I'm almost certain it's not missable because it's story quest related, and no matter what you do you will either have to attack Greenwall or Sungard.

I've heard that it's glitched for some people, but so have a tonne of other quests. That doesn't really count.

Matt36
12-16-2011, 03:58 PM
Rumours that you don't actually need the Thieves armour to complete the Quest line now...worth trying for those who fucked up :)

phil4094
12-16-2011, 05:52 PM
nice job, very handy thanks

Ray5555
12-16-2011, 11:07 PM
I've yet to have anyone confirm this. I ended up getting 1000GS though, just not by doing that.

I did it. as soon as I got the Azura Star the achievement unlocked. I still had the quest for the daedra artifact in windhelm left to do. I think the weapon is called the Wabberjocky(SP?) or something like that.

I got a 1000 in 83 hours back on 11/25/2011 would have done it sooner but thanksgiving got in the way.

defaultdotxbe
12-16-2011, 11:31 PM
Hey everybody, i'm struggling to get the master criminal achievement lol, it's the only one left and it's getting on my nerves :s Do i need to get a bounty of 1000 exactly in each of the 9 holds ?
Because i have much more in each hold and i didn't get the achievement.. One of my friend told me that it's a glitched achievement and you cannot get it if you don't owe the english game.. Sounds f**ked up to me ^^
yeah, non-english is glitched

FWIW it has to be at least 1000, not exactly 1000

Guizon Maltrov
12-17-2011, 02:45 AM
Thats very bad...i did what Clavicus wanted and got a Daedric artifact
but the game doesnt count , because suppose to be an "hidden Masque" thats the true D-Artifact ?!?!?!?
How the fuck was i suppose to know without goin to the Web and spoil all the fun in the game???

Thats a deception...

Axel 360
12-17-2011, 03:13 AM
To get the Oghma Infinium you do not need to have even start the main quest, and that should be change in the guide if I may say.

I just got it and all I did was go talk to Septimus and do the Transcribing the Mundane all the way with a character that hasn´t talk to the Jarl of Witherun about dragons and therefor there are no dragons in this playtrough.

pineapplejunkey
12-17-2011, 11:19 AM
I've clocked in about 120 hours and the only achievement im missing is Oblivion walker (Due to me kill Barbas).

Troy Foley
12-17-2011, 06:06 PM
The "side missions" achievement is a pain

Troy Foley
12-17-2011, 06:20 PM
Also any tips for the 100000 gold achievement?

COLENBLOKER
12-18-2011, 05:07 AM
Just wanted to say that I finally got my 1000/1000 thanks to this guide! I tried not to use it for most of the achievements. The Oblivion Walker one I had to though just to make sure I didn't miss any artifacts. Thanks again! Now to move on to some other games, like Skyward Sword and Saints Row 3.

Kirbster117
12-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Also any tips for the 100000 gold achievement?

Try raising alchemy or enchanting. These can raise large sums of money very quickly from little starting money.

NyCEE
12-18-2011, 12:06 PM
Done! Finally!
132 hours, 131 quests, 242 days ingame, 1100 saves...
NEver spent so much time on a single game! (and i got the game day one!)

kushlash23
12-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Love this guide, thank you!

shockerizgod
12-19-2011, 01:55 AM
how long do these little quests go on till you can finish the thieves guild..

TombRaiser
12-19-2011, 02:25 AM
how long do these little quests go on till you can finish the thieves guild..
You have to finish 5 of those little quests in 4 Holds (Whiterun, Windhelm, Markarth, and Solitude) ...then you'll be given 1 special quest to complete for each hold. After you've done that, then you can move forward with the Thieves Guild.

shockerizgod
12-19-2011, 04:11 AM
You have to finish 5 of those little quests in 4 Holds (Whiterun, Windhelm, Markarth, and Solitude) ...then you'll be given 1 special quest to complete for each hold. After you've done that, then you can move forward with the Thieves Guild.

deff not true. as mine didnt do that. done more then 5 in each

Kraderic
12-19-2011, 04:32 AM
deff not true. as mine didnt do that. done more then 5 in each

No, it's very much true. Perhaps you've done 10 quests in Whiterun, Solitude and Markath, but have only done 3 in Windhelm? You do know you can quit a quest and get a new one in a different city, right? I suggest you go try that now. While you're at it, tally up how many quests you do in each city.

ps: You don't need to do any quest in Riften because the Thieves Guild already has a prominent presence in Riften. Only the other four major cities count.

shockerizgod
12-19-2011, 05:40 AM
i did like 10 in the last one i need and still nothing

Valkyrie258
12-19-2011, 05:18 PM
I've clocked in about 120 hours and the only achievement im missing is Oblivion walker (Due to me kill Barbas).

Don't worry, you can still get the achievement even though you killed Barbas, you can get two Artifacts in the Hircine Quest, "Ill Met By Moonlight", after you get the quest to kill the werewolf, team up with him to kill the hunters instead, and then once you've killed all of them, turn on the werewolf and kill, then skin him, and you'll get his pelt, Hircine will then give you a piece of light armor, which counts as one artifact. Then when you leave the grotto you're in, Hircine will appear and give you a ring, which counts as another artifact. If you screwed up and didn't get an artifact from 2 or more Daedric quests, then you have no choice but to start a new game

parsnip89
12-20-2011, 10:30 PM
just wanted to say thanks for the guide got my 1000/1000 and this was a massive help!

SolarFury
12-21-2011, 12:28 AM
Just wondering, how accurate is this guide concerning the missable artifacts for the Oblivion Walker achievement?

I've been going by it so far (and it has been of great help), and I've got one left to do. I have however heard that the Ring of Hircine is missable, but it isn't listed here?

Anyway, thanks for the guide. Been a huge help when needed. :D

gumppy12
12-21-2011, 01:26 AM
Missable!! Masque of Clavicus Vile – The first time you enter Falkreath (after you become a level 10) through the front gate the guard will mention something about the blacksmith’s dog going missing. Speak to him and then go after the dog. When you meet the dog you’ll initiate the “A Daedra’s Best Friend” quest and head off to Haemar’s Shame at the south of the large mountain with High Hrothgar on it – east of Helgen – note: you have to follow the dog but he has terrible path finding, so you could just meet him there.

does anybody know where to find the dog or how to advance this quest? or even if there is a way to advance it? the guy Lod who is supposes to give me the quest in falkreath was killed by a dragon and i cant seem to go any further. any help would be appreciated.

Lukeweizer
12-21-2011, 01:28 AM
For "One with the Shadows", do I have to have finished the Thieves Guild main quest line?

Foxxy kyle
12-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Missable!! Skull of Corruption – If you head to the Windpeak Inn in Dawnstar you’ll see a bit of a situation arise with locals speaking t Erandur regarding some night terrors they’ve been having. Speak to Erandur and start the “Waking Nightmare” quest.

Typo in the bolded part. Not a big deal, but probably should be fixed before published.

EDIT: Volendrug – (apparently have to be at least a level 9 to start this quest) West of Riften (slightly south too) you’ll find an Orc camp called Largashblur. The camp itself will be being attacked by a giant, once it’s dead speak to Atub in the robes who will start the quest, "The Cursed Tribe." Be careful not to hit the Orcs and anger them. You’ll have to go and fetch troll fat (there’s trolls nearby) and a Daedra heart (which could be tricky… you get it from a Daedra, not necessarily a prince, but a spirit; there are some Daedra inside the Shrine of Mehrunes’ Dagon if you’ve not already been in there). If not, you’ll have to buy one – we found one inside the Hall of Counternance/Attainment at the College of Winterhold. Enthir was selling them. Get the ingredients, head back, complete the short quest and kabblamo, Volendrug is yours. Yamarz will take you to Followstone Cave if you’re interested and want to meet him there (it’s northeast of Riften). No messing this one up. Yes, you’ll be fighting a giant or two too! Once you put the weapon on the shrine at the end, don’t forget to pick it up off the top of where the skull once was!

Also it is Largashbur not Largashblur.

Fully Avenged
12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Just a note worth adding in for the 100k achievement, if you're looking for an NPC who you can sell ALL your stuff to without having to wait 48 hours to get their money back, try investing 500 gold into Lucan Valerius (The shop owner in Riverwood who asks you to retrieve his Golden Claw for him).

This does require 70 Speech (Speech can be boosted to 100 very, very easily using this method:

SKYRIM - ( 100 ) Max Speech Glitch - Skill Master Trophy / Achievement Guide - YouTube

^ Also very useful for the Skill Master achievement.

Once you've invested 500 gold in Lucan, he will then have 10,000 gold everytime to barter with. This makes selling all your expensive dungeon loot very easy, and combined with the Master Trader perk (100 Speech) gives him 11,000-12,000 gold to offer everytime.

Just thought it was worth noting, as it makes the 100k Achievement significantly easier.

SamanthaJV
12-23-2011, 05:12 PM
Finally I found a couple of skill books, got the Reader achievement, and now I have all the achievements.
Couldn't of done it without this guide, thanks.

CuddlyREDRUM
12-24-2011, 07:16 AM
What is up with the Ebony Mail in the Daedric Quest storyline. Where is it, I killed everyone?

Sorry, hit a glitch and reloaded.

DucknahEireann
12-25-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks alot for this great guide Webb. I was considering buying the guide to help me with those Daedric artifacts but theres no need now. Getting stuck into this tonight.

i will smite u
12-25-2011, 04:25 PM
For thuum master can we learn 1 word of 20 dif shouts or do you have to learn all 3 words of a shout for 20 shouts? I know it said 20 shouts not words on the guide but I wasn't sure if that meant you couldnt learn 3 words of 7 shouts (thus getting you to 21 overall words)

amywelshcastle
12-25-2011, 06:04 PM
^ 1 word of every shout, yeah. So you've learnt how to use every shout, but not necessarily mastered it.

duwin2008
12-27-2011, 06:32 PM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UP3b3z8=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59305-Sideways.html)
Sideways (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59305-Sideways.html) - 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Complete 10 side quests

What is a side-quest? Well, that’s a trickier question that it sounds… a side quest in Skyrim is a quest that is big enough that it’s not classed as a “Miscellaneous Objective,” a quest that isn’t a questline quest (i.e. main quest, guild quest and the civil war quests) or one of the many Daedric quests. It’s tougher than it sounds in all honesty and tricky to work out. Out of 86 quests (at last check), only 12 of those were side missions. As long as it doesn’t fall under the three points above though and is fairly substantial (they’re not short missions!), then it should register as a side-mission.

Things like the quest for the trader in Riverwood that sends you to Bleak Falls Barrow to retrieve the golden claw are side missions, visiting somewhere because someone told you to are not.

can u give me the side quest list? kinda confuse which one is side quest which one isnt

LickableLemons7
12-27-2011, 11:01 PM
In the Civil War questline, I managed to not get the "War Hero" achievement, yet I received the "Hero of Skyrim" achievement after taking over Solitude. I was pro-Stormcloaks, you may want to point this out as a potential missable achievement.
I also agree with the post by duwin2008 above, asking for a list of these "side quests." I've only managed to do 3 so far.

dirtybolle
12-28-2011, 08:13 AM
when does the forum achievement guide get merged with the main site achievement page?

xIx FrUiTy xlx
12-28-2011, 05:14 PM
Elemental Fury #1 (Air) - Can be found at Dragontooth Crater, which is in between Solitude and Markarth in the northwest of Skyrim. The large mountain range there.

Throw Voice #1, #2 & #3 (Voice, Fool, Far) - Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is. The dragon shout is there… I got all three here, not sure whether that was a glitch. It was guarded by a powerful Daedra though called Krosis. Struggled at level 24.

Disarm #1 (Weapon) – At the top of the mountain, south of Morthal, you’ll find Eldersblood Peak where a dragon and a drgaon shout is.

Disarm #2 (Hand) – When doing the thieves guild mission, “Speaking With Silence,” you’ll head to Snow Veil Sanctum. In the second area Mercer will mention something about being a perfect ambush area. It’s in that room.

Slow Time #1 (Time) – Found during the Mage’s Guild mission, “The Staff of Magnus,” after you fight the Draugr Deathlord by his throne in the final level of the Labyrinthian. As far as I’m aware, you can gain access to this place without doing this mission as you get an artefact to open the door.

Slow Time #2 (Sand) – Northeast of Whiterun, just into the snowy area on the map, you’ll find Korvanjund. In the crypt you’ll find the shout in the area at the bottom. Will come here on the second Imperial/Stormcloak mission.

Clear Skies #1, #2 & #3 (Sky, Spring, Summer) – In the mission, “Throat of the World,” Arngeir will give you all three words for this shout when you get to High Hrothgar.

Dragonrend #1 (Mortal), #2 (Infinite) & #3 (Temporary)– Learnt during the main quest, “Alduin’s Bane.”

Storm Call #1 (Storm) – High Gate Ruins – East of Solitude is a huge structure and set of ruins. Head inside and down to the last chamber (Vokun’s Throne Room). After defeating Volkun, the word of power is in the room behind the one you’re in.

Storm Call #2 (Wrath) - Found in the main quest, “The World-Eater’s Eyrie,” at the Skuldafn Temple level.

Call Dragon #1 (Snow), #2 (Hunter), #3 Wing – Received in the quest, “The Fallen.”

Call of Valor #1 (Hero), #2 (Champion) & #3 (Legend) – Received for completing the main quest, “Dragonslayer.”

There are more of course, but there are enough here to grab the achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UP2uxW0=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59310-Blessed.html)
Blessed - (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59310-Blessed.html)10 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Select a Standing Stone blessing

See “Standing Stones” for how to net this achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/908/UPxOPf4=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59311-Standing-Stones.html)
Standing Stones (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/elder-scrolls-v/achievement/59311-Standing-Stones.html) - 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Find 13 Standing Stones

There are 13 “standing stones” in all, which allows your character to carry one blessing with them until they overwrite it at another stone. Simply walk up to them, activate them and they the effects of it will work for you.

Before I delve into the locations, it’s worth noting that I hadn’t visited all 13 when I got the achievement, so I assume it counted every time I revisted them. Regardless, the locations of the 13 are as follows:

- The Thief Stone – Stealth skills learnt 20% faster
- The Mage Stone – Magic skills learnt 20% faster
- The Warrior Stone – Combat skills learnt 20% faster

Southwest of Riverwood, below a place called Anise’s Cabin. Shouldn’t miss them as you leave Helgen.

- The Ritual Stone – Once a day can reanimate nearby corpses to fight for them.

East of Whiterun slightly south of the river, between Whiterun and Valtheim Towers.

- The Atronach Stone – Larger pool of Magika and absorb spell damage, but recover it more slowly.

The best way to describe this is between Riften and Windhelm, in the marshland. It’s closer to Windhelm than Riften and just the otherside of the mountain range in between the two. It’s near the Eldergleam Sanctuary and the Darkwater Crossing (by the river) to the east of the two.

- The Shadow Stone – Once a day players can become invisible for an extended period.
South of Riften, in the small mountain in the middle before the big mountain range to the south.

- The Steed Stone – Can carry more and don’t suffer a movement penalty from armour.
On the tip of the highest mountain to the mountain, northwest of Solitude.

- The Lady Stone – Regenerate health and stamina more quickly.
In the lake to the west of Riverwood is a small island where you’ll find this stone.

- The Apprentice Stone – recover magicka more quickly, but are more susceptible to magika damage.
Just south of Solitude, on an island in the small water marshland, you’ll find this stone.

- The Tower Stone – Automatically open Expert or lower locks.
Smack bang in the middle of Winterhold and Dawnstar, up on a mountain.

- The Lover Stone – All skills improve faster.
Directly east of Markarth, about one fifth of the way to Solitude.

- The Lord Stone – More resistant to magika and physical damage.
Southwest of Dawnstar in the mountain range, on the northern peak.

- The Serpent Stone - Use a ranged paralyzing poison on an opponent once a day.
Directly east of Winterhold and north of Windhelm. In the sea on a floating iceberg of sorts.
There is in fact a glitch with this achievement. I visited the Warrior/Thief/Mage stones atleast about 4 times and it gave me this achievement

Jack101
12-28-2011, 06:59 PM
How are some of the daedric artefacts missable? Just wondering as I'm doing the 'missable' missions first.

Btw sweet guide !

jamie1000013
12-29-2011, 02:00 AM
Another quick way to power level is to keep making Iron daggers because you only need 1 iron ingot and 1 leather strip to make them. A good location to do this is in Whiterun's blacksmith because the lady there sells iron ingots, iron ore, leather and leatherstrips. There is a smelter nearby and a tanning rack as well.

Another easy way to level up is to keep all of your soul gems and then enchant weapons and apparel with them. Also picking up items that have magical effects even if you don't need them is a good idea because you can disenchant them and learn the enchantment and gain exp. There is a enchantment bench in the Arch mage's room in the mage guild.

Pickpocketing levels up very fast when you get past level 50. I went to pubs, shops, Jarl's longhouse's, and guilds (especially the thieves guild) to pickpocket. Save before pickpocketing and the more expensive the item the faster you level. Even at level 90 you can pickpocket a ring or necklace worth 500 and level up.

Also I have heard if you go up to the main Greybeard guy (his name begins with an A) he will keep giving you quests which unlock shouts. Which will make the 20 shouts achievement very east to get.

Question: Do I have to have all the Daedric artifacts in my inventory at the same time or is it that I only need to have had it in my inventory at one point?

amywelshcastle
12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
^ You just need to have had them. Not certain if you can sell them, but storing them in your house is fine.

How are some of the daedric artefacts missable? Just wondering as I'm doing the 'missable' missions first.

Btw sweet guide !

You can read the explanations here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=348121).

I have no idea why the thread isn't stickied, it's so helpful.

anarchyadrenaline
12-30-2011, 01:55 AM
awsome guide

Matt36
12-30-2011, 02:54 AM
There is in fact a glitch with this achievement. I visited the Warrior/Thief/Mage stones atleast about 4 times and it gave me this achievement

So you're saying you visited 3 different shines, 4 times (equalling 12 shrine visits) and got this achievement...?

DoosMakhina
12-30-2011, 12:55 PM
Great guide, even if i did only use it to check it for Oblivion Walker after checking your roadmap for missable achievements.

WildWhiteNoise
12-30-2011, 01:33 PM
That's a well detailed guide, Webb! Nice work. I've already spent 100+ hours in the game and was wondering how much longer I need for the 1000G. Well, it look like an other couple of 100s will do. :)

jamie1000013
12-30-2011, 09:24 PM
This part here is wrong:

Ebony Blade – In order to start this quest you need to be a level 20 and have completed the main “Dragon Rising” quest. Also, if you choose the Stormcloaks in the civil war storyline, it doesn’t matter, you just have to help the new Jarl. To start this one, ask the bartender in the Bannered Mare in Whiterum about rumours, then go see the Jarl and activate “The Whispering Door” quest.

If you have replaced the old Jarl of Whiterun by siding with the Stormcloaks you have go to the basement of the blue palace which is near solitude. Jarl Balgruuf the Greater is in there. You can't start the quest with the new Jarl.

Also:

Savior’s Hide (or the Ring of Hirscine) – In Falkreath at the Falkreath Barracks (east of town), downstairs in the Falkreath jail you’ll find a chap called Sinding who will give you his cursed ring and thus starts the quest, “Ill Met by Moonlight.” Whatever happens in the quest depends on which Daedric artefact you get.
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Again, like the rest, you must choose to kill or risk not getting the reward.

His name is Sinding not Sigmund, although Sigmund sounds more like a name :-P. Also it has been patched but you can still do it this way:

Enter the cave and agree to hunt with Sinding. After you kill everyone talk to him and then leave the cave. Talk to Hircine and you get to keep the ring and then head back in the cave and kill Sinding and then skin him. Hircine will appear and talk to you again, he will turn Sinding's hide into Savior's Hide. Which means you get both Daedric artifacts meaning one less Daedric quest to complete or extra leg room in case you mess one up.

xIx FrUiTy xlx
12-30-2011, 10:13 PM
So you're saying you visited 3 different shines, 4 times (equalling 12 shrine visits) and got this achievement...?

well yea, the shrines are different, but the location is the same. the warrior, mage, and thief shrine are in the beginning of the game and all located at the same area. although yes technically since i went there it is 12 shrine visits, some reason the achievement still popped up on my fourth or so visit

Pine Reaper
12-30-2011, 11:59 PM
Just got my 1k today \o/ so thanks for the guide. Just to clear a couple of things up

For "Standing Stones" I had only found 4 or 5 stones by the time I got the cheeve, but the same will count over and over. I think you need to leave a day or so between visits for it to count more than once. I fast travelled to the ones I knew. Did a couple of quests, and did the rounds again. The cheeve popped during that circuit. I didn't even find the serpent stone until this afternoon :)

"Thu'um Master" I have "Discovered" 20 shouts. But I only have words unlocked in 7 of them. The cheeve popped when I got the very last one after defeating Alduin.
So you only need to have them learnt from the Word Wall, and not unlocked for use from dragon Souls

Ironically I do have exactly 20 words unlocked..but that is a coincidence

waxc3
12-31-2011, 06:50 AM
Dampened Spirits quest can be glitched and this can cause one to not get the second thieves guild achievement.

Matt36
01-01-2012, 04:15 PM
Wanted - 10
Escape from jail

I simply went to Solitude, pickpocketed someone, got caught and submitted, saying take me to jail. When in jail, in the back corner of the room you can activate some loose rubble and it’ll create a hole that’ll allow you to escape ridiculously easily. Probably the easiest 10Gs in the game!

Worth mentioning, people should make a save when they arrive at solitude, before they pickpocket. Once they escape prison, instead of retrieving their items, simply reload the save and still have the achievement. Simples.

Also, I visited the same 3 shrines a few times and got the achievement for visiting 13 total, like others have said. Thanks.

BiG I Johnny
01-01-2012, 04:33 PM
The "Under New Management" achievement is not obtainable if you sell your thieves guild armor, which you get after the first quest! In the end you need an upgraded thieves guild armor from Tonilia, but she won't give it to you. It doesn't work with an armor from chests in the guild, she want the same which you got from her.

It should be noted as missable or glitched until it gets patched (maybe).

Also the master criminal is not obtainable for all other language versions than english. It's glitched and doesn't unlock.

Matt36
01-01-2012, 04:55 PM
The thieves guild problem is very well documented already.

Ryan191991
01-03-2012, 05:45 AM
I think the way the 13 standing stones works is they have to be on your map to count towards the achievement. As in if someone mentions it, or you read about it in a book it will appear in the top left as "map updated", and the blacked out icon will appear on your map. I think this is how it works rather than revisits. (I had visited one of them twice, yet only got the achievement when all 13 were on my map, and two were blacked out)

Also for oblivion walker probably worth mentioning that if you do get both artifacts in "Ill Met by Moonlight" then you only need to do 13 more quests.

Ryan191991
01-03-2012, 05:51 AM
Question: Do I have to have all the Daedric artifacts in my inventory at the same time or is it that I only need to have had it in my inventory at one point?

Just have them in your inventory at one point. I havent sold any though, if someone else could confirm that you can sell them and still get the achievement.

Matt36
01-03-2012, 06:05 AM
I think the way the 13 standing stones works is they have to be on your map to count towards the achievement. As in if someone mentions it, or you read about it in a book it will appear in the top left as "map updated", and the blacked out icon will appear on your map. I think this is how it works rather than revisits. (I had visited one of them twice, yet only got the achievement when all 13 were on my map, and two were blacked out)

Also for oblivion walker probably worth mentioning that if you do get both artifacts in "Ill Met by Moonlight" then you only need to do 13 more quests.

You can have only 2 or 3 stones on your map, but if you visit them a total of 13 times, you get the achievement. It's already been confirmed further up the page, by myself and others.

Steelar
01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Very possible to get 1000g around 90 hours, as i did 87

Matt36
01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
76 and I'm only a half dozen off 1000. A lot of that time I've had the game on and I left it without pausing though.

Doomchaser96
01-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Great guide. I had this page opened on my laptop sitting next to me the whole time I was playing. :)

Matt36
01-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks to this guide, I've 40/50 achievements with a total of 740/1000Gs. Aiming for 970 in one playthrough (Thieves guild messed up my straight 1000Gs) but then again, pickpocketing is a pain and not sure I can be arsed. So what I have left to do, achievement wise is;

- 2 more shouts
- 9 more skill books
- 45 more pickpockets
- 10 more daedric artifacts
- 5 more dungeons
- 2 more side quests
- The Dark Brotherhood storyline

and then I will move on to the next game! Don't have the energy or desire to playthrough it all again to get the final thieves guild achievement I'll be missing.

LaneyOfDeath
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
Dunno if this will work since updates (my friend doesn't have Xbox live) but we found weird glitch. If u run a horse into water till it starts swimming, get off it, then get straight back on the horse travels at normal running speed (when u run obviously)

Matt36
01-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Dunno if this will work since updates (my friend doesn't have Xbox live) but we found weird glitch. If u run a horse into water till it starts swimming, get off it, then get straight back on the horse travels at normal running speed (when u run obviously)

You want to be posting that here, mate.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=347552

xGeegx
01-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Took me about 100 hours just taking my time. I had to restart a new save though because i sold some of the daedric weapons and the thieves guild questline glitched on THE. LAST. MISSION. So I spent another 35 hours getting all of the Daedric Weapons and completing the Thieve's Guild questline AGAIN.

bdghablig500
01-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Smithing and Speech were easiest skills for me to become level 100

Matt36
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I did. Used the Riverwood trader to get the 50 pickpockets. He kicked off a couple times, but didnt take long!

Keys are the best. They have no use once you clear the dungeon, so if he kicks off and you cant get your items back, its no big loss!

xpto2004
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
to get the achivement Thu, um Master u need to learn ALL THE 20 DIFERENT SHOUTS:
ANIMAL ALLEGIANCE
AURA WHISPER
BECOME ETHEREAL
CALL DRAGON
CALL OF VALOR
CLEAR SKIES
DISARM
DISMAYING SHOUT
DRAGONREND
ELEMENTAL FURY
FIRE BREATH
FROST BREATH
ICE FORM
KYNE'S PEACE
MARKED FOR DEATH
SLOW TIME
STORM CALL
THROW VOICE
UNRELENTING FORCE
WHIRLWIND SPRINT

when you find tht 20th the achivement unloks

Matt36
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for a list, anyone got a list of locations to go along with it?

WildWhiteNoise
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
The locations are described at the beginning of this thread but here they are again:

Unrelenting Force #1 (Force) - "Bleak Falls Barrow" – West of Riverwood in the mountains – get sent there on the first real main story mission from Whiterun (north of Riverdale) or for “The Golden Claw” mission from Lucan in Riverwood.

Unrelenting Force #2 (Balance) – Given to you by Arngeir in the main quest “The Way of the Voice” when you get to High Hrothgar.

Unrelenting Force #3 (Down) – Given to you by Arngeir after you take back the horn to him in the main quest, “Horn of Jurgen Windcaller.”

Whirlwind Sprint #1 (Whirlwind) – Given to you by Borri in the quest “The Way of the Voice” when you get to High Hrothgar, after you get Unrelenting Force #2.

Whirlwind Sprint #2 (Fury) – Volskygge – High in the mountains in the corner of the map of Skyrim, west of Solitude, sits an ancient temple with a dragon shout being guarded by a powerful demon. It’s not actually at where “Volskygge” is on the map, but northwest, up the closest mountain.

Become Etheral (Fade) #1 – After “The Way of the Voice” quest, Arngeir will send you to Ustengrav Depths to retrieve the Horn of Jurgen Windcaller. When you reach the main cavern room, instead of heading onto the objective, head down the outside and to the bottom. Where the waterfall is with the green trees you’ll see the plinth with the word of power on it.

Become Etheral (Spirit) #2 – In between Markarth and Falkreath is a huge settlement with waterfalls and large stone structures. Get to the top, fight the Hagravens and in their little den, at the end of the Bard’s Leap Summit point (where you’re stood over the waterfall), you’ll find this dragon shout.

Ice Form #1 (Ice) – This shout can be found in Mount Anthor, the middle mountain in the range to the northwest of Windhelm, which is home to a big scary dragon. You can get this location from Arngeir at High Hrothgar when talking about dragon shout locations.

Ice Form #2 (Flesh) - Found in the mission “Under Saarthal” for the Circle of Mages, at the end after you’ve discovered the artefact in the Saarthal dungeon, on your way out. It’s southwest of Winterhold.

Kyne’s Peace #1 (Kyne)– Letter delivered to you after fighting your first dragon and reporting back to the Yarl. Location: “Rannveig’s Fast” – Dragon (ice) protecting the entrance with ghost adventurers and ice skeletons around. Use any fire spell when on the ground. Defeated it at a level 7, but it’s a slow fight to the finish. Then head in after for the Shout.

Kyne’s Peace #2 (Peace) – Shroud Hearth Barrow (depths). Located in Ivarstead will be a quest from the inn keeper, Wilheim. After heading into the Barrow to take care of a troublesome spirit, players will get a Sapphire Dragon Claw from Wilheim as a reward and they can now gain access to the previously locked door inside the Barrow. Head inside and follow the path through to the end where you’ll find your second Kyne’s Peace word.

Kyne’s Peace #3 (Trust) - Ragnavald Temple – North of Markarth im the mountains is a ruins called Ragnavald with a temple inside. When inside, don’t be fooled by how close the objective is, you need to head left and right into the canal and the crypts to get the keys to access the dragon shout area. Oh, and defeat the Daedric, Otar the Mod.

Aura Whisper #1 (Life) - Northwind Summit – After receiving a letter from a “friend” regarding a source of power in the mountains between Windhelm and Riften, round the corner from Shor’s Stone, you’ll fight a dragon.

Animal Allegiance #1 (Animal)- First, head to Helgen, go south-west, through Bonechill Passage and then the Dragon Shout is the other end, protected by a dragon. Watch out for the Snowy Saber Cat inside Bonchill, he’s fast, aggressive and strong as hell.

Fire Breath #1 (Fire) – Dustman’s Cairn mission, but only after you’ve done/doing the Proving Honor quest from The Companions as it opens up a new area of this dungeon.

Fire Breath #2 (Inferno) (and Sun?) – Learnt during the main mission, “Throat of the World.”

Marked for Death #1 (Kill) – Autumnwatch Tower - South of Ivarstad (and further south more of the Rift Imperial Camp) you’ll find a couple of towers in the mountains. There’s also a dragon here, but it’s at the top of the farthest tower to the south.

Marked for Death #2 (Leech) – Inside the “Forsaken Cave,” which is slightly southwest of Wintehold, at the base and south side of the mountains that surround it. North of that small lake on the map. Curamil, a tough-ass-bastard Draugr guards it.

Marked for Death #3 (Suffer) - Inside the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary – See the “With Friends Like These…” achievement for info on how to get access.

Frost Breath #1 (Frost) - Brownstrewn Crest – Directly south of Windhelm in the middle of the swampland up on the top of a big large hill. Guarded by a dragon.

Frost Breath #2 - Can be found at the Skyborn Altar, guarded by a dragon. It's at the south-western end of the large mountain due east of Morthal. The one with Dagon's shrine on it. It's on a line due south-east of Dawnstar.

Frost Breath #3 (Freeze) - Folgunthur – Deep in the depths of this dungeon is a powerful Draugr and a dragon shout. It can be found southeast of Solitude. Not too far away, on the way to Morthal.

Dismay #1 (Fear) – Can be found at Lost Tongue Overlook after killing the dragon you get from a bounty letter from Wilhelm in Ivarstead’s Inn.

Dismay #2 (Run) - At the top of Dead Crone Rock (west of Markarth) is a dragon shout. Right at the top... through all the keeps that surround it - you have to go here on the mission "Mehrunes Dagon."

WildWhiteNoise
01-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Elemental Fury #1 (Air) - Can be found at Dragontooth Crater, which is in between Solitude and Markarth in the northwest of Skyrim. The large mountain range there.

Throw Voice #1, #2 & #3 (Voice, Fool, Far) - Directly west of Windhelm is a dragon hangout on the top of the big mountain nearest it. The second peak, furthest away, that is. The dragon shout is there… I got all three here, not sure whether that was a glitch. It was guarded by a powerful Daedra though called Krosis. Struggled at level 24.

Disarm #1 (Weapon) – At the top of the mountain, south of Morthal, you’ll find Eldersblood Peak where a dragon and a drgaon shout is.

Disarm #2 (Hand) – When doing the thieves guild mission, “Speaking With Silence,” you’ll head to Snow Veil Sanctum. In the second area Mercer will mention something about being a perfect ambush area. It’s in that room.

Slow Time #1 (Time) – Found during the Mage’s Guild mission, “The Staff of Magnus,” after you fight the Draugr Deathlord by his throne in the final level of the Labyrinthian. As far as I’m aware, you can gain access to this place without doing this mission as you get an artefact to open the door.

Slow Time #2 (Sand) – Northeast of Whiterun, just into the snowy area on the map, you’ll find Korvanjund. In the crypt you’ll find the shout in the area at the bottom. Will come here on the second Imperial/Stormcloak mission.

Clear Skies #1, #2 & #3 (Sky, Spring, Summer) – In the mission, “Throat of the World,” Arngeir will give you all three words for this shout when you get to High Hrothgar.

Dragonrend #1 (Mortal), #2 (Infinite) & #3 (Temporary)– Learnt during the main quest, “Alduin’s Bane.”

Storm Call #1 (Storm) – High Gate Ruins – East of Solitude is a huge structure and set of ruins. Head inside and down to the last chamber (Vokun’s Throne Room). After defeating Volkun, the word of power is in the room behind the one you’re in.

Storm Call #2 (Wrath) - Found in the main quest, “The World-Eater’s Eyrie,” at the Skuldafn Temple level.

Call Dragon #1 (Snow), #2 (Hunter), #3 Wing – Received in the quest, “The Fallen.”

Call of Valor #1 (Hero), #2 (Champion) & #3 (Legend) – Received for completing the main quest, “Dragonslayer.”

There are more of course, but there are enough here to grab the achievement.

Credit goes to Webb

Matt36
01-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Well done. Could have linked to page 1 or even just stated that.

I'm on 19/20 shouts learned. 8 shouts unlocked. 5 shouts mastered.

Just need to find "Animal Allegiance" for the achievement :)

EDIT - I'm all done! Well, as much as I can do in one playthrough outside the daedric quests.

Will probs do the Daedric stuff then leave the last thieves guild achievement till later in the year.

I'm happy, best game on 360 and a pleasure to play. Thank you for the guide and to every one on the forums :)

SolarFury
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Currently going for the Oblivion Walker achievement following this guide, and I was just wondering - do I have to be a werewolf to do the 'I'll Met By Moonlight' daedric quest, or does it matter if I'm cured?

WildWhiteNoise
01-09-2012, 10:01 PM
No, you don't have to, but you'll get a ring during the quest which will transform you into a werewolf randomly.

SolarFury
01-10-2012, 07:24 AM
Cheers for the reply.

WildWhiteNoise
01-10-2012, 04:57 PM
Finally 1000G! Oh yeahh! :D:D

T4TTEDUP
01-10-2012, 09:41 PM
For anyone doing this Achievment this may help all quest in User comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KBR5U4f5eM

Trinity3Sixty
01-10-2012, 10:14 PM
For One With the Shadows, I only did 14 small jobs before I had done all four of the quests to bring the guild to it's former glory, not 40. Maybe I was just lucky to get them in the right places.

FangtasticBite
01-12-2012, 11:54 PM
For One With the Shadows, I only did 14 small jobs before I had done all four of the quests to bring the guild to it's former glory, not 40. Maybe I was just lucky to get them in the right places.

14? You need to do 5 jobs in each Hold for that Hold's special job to activate. There are 4 Holds to go to. Thats a minimum of 20 small jobs & 4 special jobs.

Snoop QC
01-14-2012, 04:18 AM
Anyone knows how to increase conjuration and alchemy fast?

oooo yeah
01-14-2012, 06:11 PM
Anyone knows how to increase conjuration and alchemy fast?

Using the search function always works for me.:p

Here you go. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=344536)

theytookourjobz
01-15-2012, 02:34 PM
First 1000/1000. 71 hours. w00t!

H4rdc0reXpwn
01-15-2012, 02:58 PM
An easy way to get the " Hero of the people " achievement is to play tag with children( you must ask them).

foreverflash
01-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Hi Webb (and everyone else)!

Thank you for taking time to make this great guide Webb! I have questions regarding the "Oblivion walker" achievement. Are the quests which award a daedra artifact part of the total list of "side" quests in the game? How is it possible to "miss" an artifact as long as you save before each side quest? I was just a bit confused about this and if you or someone else could elaborate on how these artifacts can be missed I would be grateful. I haven't actually started playing the game yet so I don't know and am trying to be prepared...

FangtasticBite
01-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Hi Webb (and everyone else)!

Thank you for taking time to make this great guide Webb! I have questions regarding the "Oblivion walker" achievement. Are the quests which award a daedra artifact part of the total list of "side" quests in the game? How is it possible to "miss" an artifact as long as you save before each side quest? I was just a bit confused about this and if you or someone else could elaborate on how these artifacts can be missed I would be grateful. I haven't actually started playing the game yet so I don't know and am trying to be prepared...

Daedric quests are not side quests. You can miss some items because some of the quests have more than one ending.

foreverflash
01-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Daedric quests are not side quests. You can miss some items because some of the quests have more than one ending.So when you complete a Daedric quest, it won't count toward the achievement for side quests right? That sucks. Well thanks for the explanation.

StyledBear
01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
having just completed the game to 1000g, i can confirm that it takes a amn long time. little over 100 hours for me...

my last 3 to get were the skill books, shouts and daedric items

shockerizgod
01-17-2012, 12:50 AM
best way to get skill books?? i need like 17 more.

Snoop QC
01-17-2012, 12:53 AM
So when you complete a Daedric quest, it won't count toward the achievement for side quests right? That sucks. Well thanks for the explanation.

If you have a lot of misc objectives in your journal complete them, because many will open a side quest.

Graivul
01-18-2012, 10:21 PM
1000/1000 thanks to a great guide, thanks!

Snoop QC
01-19-2012, 07:04 AM
best way to get skill books?? i need like 17 more.

Search for Skyrim Skill Books Locations in google!

1000/1000 me too! Thanks for this guide!

HugTheBear
01-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Great guide... Thank you!

a loz3r
01-20-2012, 07:49 PM
i believe i read that they patched the thieves guild Armour thing making it possible to beat

Dougfresh22
01-21-2012, 12:55 AM
Great Guide! Got the full 1000 in only two weeks.

VerifyedRasta
01-21-2012, 12:58 AM
1000/1000 here =D The achievements were definitely not that bad imo, not even as time consuming as most say. It's just that you get so caught up in this vast world, you forget you're going for achievement x most times.
Thanks for the great guide!

GR4Y F0X II
01-21-2012, 08:21 AM
This is a great guide and all, but I have stumbled upon a few errors in the locations of certain Shouts. Ice Form #1 and Ice Form #2 locations are mixed up (Locations wise). Frost Breath #1 and Frost Breath #3 are also mixed up (Locations wise) and the Shout, Aura Whisper #1 (Life) is not at Northwind Summit. It is located in Volunruud while on the quest "The Silence Has Been Broken" apart of the Dark Brotherhood questline.

quocviet0908
01-21-2012, 11:16 AM
1000/1000GS, ~209h ingame. Thanks for the great guide.

PrototypeX31
01-21-2012, 04:00 PM
thanks for a great guide, finished it in about 90 hours even with some sightseeing/adverturing. i hated the skill book achievment i had that left with only 30 books. if you need some more help try here http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Skill_Book_(Skyrim)
helped me alot just go though the list it takes a while and can be frustrating but its quicker than just finding it normally

VerifyedRasta
01-21-2012, 05:21 PM
The skill book cheevo definitely had me the most frustrated because there's no easy way out with it and the DUPLICATE books REALLY pissed me off!
There's also no proper guide for the skill books. If I had recording hardware, I'd definitely make a nice video guide to help people out as I would have loved if someone did the same.

Stene96
01-22-2012, 11:27 AM
I somehow missed the elder knowledge achievement :S

TombRaiser
01-22-2012, 05:10 PM
I somehow missed the elder knowledge achievement :S
Did you forget the Elder Scroll? Or maybe you forgot to take the Ruined Lexicon back before you left?

Galen GG
01-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Thanks, great guide for an awesome game! Took me 96 hours to fully 1000 this game

v RuiT
01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the help, I've got 2 more achievements to go

aussiegamer
01-23-2012, 06:51 AM
Have they patched the Thieves Armor thing? I don't want to turn the quest in and not get the achievement unless I know they've fixed it.

VerifyedRasta
01-23-2012, 07:34 AM
Have they patched the Thieves Armor thing? I don't want to turn the quest in and not get the achievement unless I know they've fixed it.
No patch has come out as yet, so I'm guessing no.

R3V3NGE34
01-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Thanks So Much!!

toughermrdeano
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
im new to skyrim havnt played any of the other eleder scrolls game need a bit of help on the magic side of it etc etc do you have any tips ? sorry if this is in the wrong section im new here

VerifyedRasta
01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
im new to skyrim havnt played any of the other eleder scrolls game need a bit of help on the magic side of it etc etc do you have any tips ? sorry if this is in the wrong section im new here
Maybe you could post in the FAQs? Not sure. Ummm... by magic side, what sort of help do you really need? Could you elaborate? It's pretty straight forward.

Snoop QC
01-24-2012, 05:55 PM

I say try to experiment all skills, magic, stealth and combat to see what are your preferences. You become what you play.

blackbrainCL
01-26-2012, 01:13 AM
what happen if i sell a daedric artifact? by mistake obviously, I will lose the achievement?

VerifyedRasta
01-26-2012, 01:18 AM
what happen if i sell a daedric artifact? by mistake obviously, I will lost the achievement?
I'd keep them until after I got the achievement, to be safe, but I lost some Daedric artifacts over the course of my playthrough and still managed to get the achievement. So selling them should be fine. (Notice I bolded should. Do so at your own risk)

blackbrainCL
01-26-2012, 01:24 AM
I'd keep them until after I got the achievement, to be safe, but I lost some Daedric artifacts over the course of my playthrough and still managed to get the achievement. So selling them should be fine. (Notice I bolded should. Do so at your own risk)

Many thanks! You bring me hope

oooo yeah
01-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Why would you sell a daedric artifact? They're rare and make cool house decorations. Not to mention great to use!! If you need money there are far better ways of going about it.

VerifyedRasta
01-26-2012, 02:40 PM
Why would you sell a daedric artifact? They're rare and make cool house decorations. Not to mention great to use!! If you need money there are far better ways of going about it.
Some people want fast cash. Especially early on in their adventure. You can't blame them, the item value is tempting.

blackbrainCL
01-26-2012, 11:20 PM

was a mistake, but i got the cheevo anyway

robpears
01-27-2012, 04:06 AM
Just got the full 1,000 on Skyrim and it took me 83 hours 53 minutes and 51 seconds!

obsessedfoxxie
01-27-2012, 05:34 PM
awsome guide shame im like 70 hours in and hit a glitch with no earier save so gotta start from scratch well and truely gutted
:(:(:(:(:(:(

gravydeath
01-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the Civil War achievements are missable if you proceed with the main storyline up to a certain point without doing them.

I'm going to load up a separate save and blitz them before continuing with the storyline.

VerifyedRasta
01-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the Civil War achievements are missable if you proceed with the main storyline up to a certain point without doing them.

I'm going to load up a separate save and blitz them before continuing with the storyline.
If you're talking about up until the Peace Treaty, you're right.
However, this can be remedied simply by completing the main questline. Once finished, you can get more quests from either the stormcloaks or the imperials.
No need to start a new game.

gravydeath
01-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if this board had spoiler tags.

I haven't touched the Civil War at all, can I join a faction and do the missions from start to finish afterwards? If so, then I'll just finish the main quest.

VerifyedRasta
01-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I haven't touched the Civil War at all, can I join a faction and do the missions from start to finish afterwards? If so, then I'll just finish the main quest.
I'm 99% sure you can, but I'd hate to give out false information. Someone might be able to confirm.

finalkaos
01-29-2012, 08:54 PM
just got my 1k final time was 084.49.52, well under the 100hr estimate, would be alot quicker if i wasn't such a loot whore... still fantastic game :)

VerifyedRasta
01-29-2012, 09:46 PM
just got my 1k final time was 084.49.52, well under the 100hr estimate, would be alot quicker if i wasn't such a loot whore... still fantastic game :)
1k in 84hrs? I salute you.

iTz x Ch4o5
02-01-2012, 02:23 AM
So just a question, why is the OBLIVION WALKER achievement missable?

VerifyedRasta
02-01-2012, 02:25 AM
So just a question, why is the OBLIVION WALKER achievement missable?
Because some Daedric artifacts are missable.

HugTheBear
02-01-2012, 03:05 AM
I used this guide and ran into an issue with the thieves guild. When doing the main mission to return the skeleton key if you talk to the ghost and he opens the "pilgram's path" for you, then you leave, the path will close and not open again. I did this without knowing, so I could keep the skeleton key for other quests. I returned later and couldn't get in (making it impossible to get the final thieves guild achievement). I used this video to get around it----

DirtyRodz | Skyrim Darkness Returns Pilgrim's Path Bug Work-Around Tutorial w/Commentary - YouTube

It works perfectly and I got the achievement. Thought maybe this could/should be added to the guide as a *note.

Again, as I posted before, great guide. Just wanted to throw this out there for people that run into the issue I had.

RedFux
02-02-2012, 04:39 PM
thanks for the guide!

ViperDonz
02-03-2012, 10:39 AM
The 16th daedric artefact is the skeleton key u get for the thieves guild, u can't keep it though if u wanna finish their quest line, good guide though, will recommend

VerifyedRasta
02-03-2012, 03:02 PM
The skeleton key is not considered a Daedric artifact

ViperDonz
02-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Apparently it is according to the official game guide

Harry Rasing
02-05-2012, 10:06 AM
I wish I could complete this game in 10 hours or less... What a boredom!! Stupid idea to put this game into my Xbox, because I knew I hate RPG's!

But the trailers looked nice, so I tought I could handle this... :rolleyes:

Kreten
02-05-2012, 10:22 AM
Savior’s Hide (or the Ring of Hirscine)

you can actually get both of these

When asked to choose to kill or let Sinding live let him live
after killing all the hunters and talking with Sinding kill him and skin him
upon doing this the spirit will appear take the ring and give you hide
when you exit the cave the Deer spirit will appear and give you the blessing

Axel 360
02-05-2012, 04:59 PM
Apparently it is according to the official game guide

It IS a Daedric Artifact, but does not COUNT toward the achievement for collecting them. I think that´s what VerifiedRasta mean to say, that IN GAME the Skeleton Key is not a Daedric Artifact since the game itself does not recognize it as one.

VerifyedRasta
02-05-2012, 05:51 PM
It IS a Daedric Artifact, but does not COUNT toward the achievement for collecting them. I think that´s what VerifiedRasta mean to say, that IN GAME the Skeleton Key is not a Daedric Artifact since the game itself does not recognize it as one.
This.

Also:
I wish I could complete this game in 10 hours or less... What a boredom!! Stupid idea to put this game into my Xbox, because I knew I hate RPG's!

But the trailers looked nice, so I tought I could handle this... :rolleyes:
Really can't tell if serious...

xtye
02-06-2012, 06:03 AM
You did more than 40 for the thieves guild. I've done almost 50 and still no 4th quest.

EDIT: Wow, right after I post this...there it is...>_<

Ferus
02-06-2012, 06:26 PM
I just picked this game up. Thanks for your guidance... :locked

CienPR
02-06-2012, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the guide, just finished 1k this morning. I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but in order to restore the Thieves Guild to its former glory you must first complete five jobs in the four biggest cities (Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm and Solitude); these could be any jobs assigned by Vex or Delven, and then do the special jobs for each city. So you must do a minimum of 20 side quests.

Also, if you have already begun the Thieves Guild main quest you must complete it in order to begin the Under New Management quest.

x Virus0fLife x
02-06-2012, 08:07 PM
I can't find my Thieves Guild Armour anywhere! My Hood, Boots and Gloves are all in my house in Solitude but i can't find the actual armour. Will i need this to beat thieves guild?

No point me starting all the side quests after beating the thieves guilds main story if im unable to get the achievement. Iv already got my 100k Gold long ago and im at Level 47 with plenty of other missions and dungeons left.