PDA

View Full Version : Honest review :)

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-10-2011, 11:33 AM
I just picked this up tonight & was pleasantly surprised.

it has 7 sports each with 3 game modes. i'll use hockey for example.

you can play as goalie,forward or both. each sport is like this. plus there's a local only tourney with your friends.

this is actually better than KS2. but you have to like games like backbreaker to enjoy this.

you do all the real moves in these games. yes that means stiff arms,jukes & even jumping over players!

each sport is done extreamely well. you are given challenges to do. ie score goals/saves in hockey.

the only 2 things i would have liked to see are; online play & full games. all the sports blew me away. graphics,gameplay & atmosphere. all done to perfection.

this is a must buy, i give it a 8/10. if you dont like backbreaker you wont like this.

but give it a rent for a weekend. i'm sure you'll enjoy this! i've been playing till 4am mnt time ugh.

really well done but mini games still or as long as you can last in the event.

for example baseball is only 3 innings. however golf,basketball,extra. seems you keep going till you fail the event.

hope this helps, feel free to hit me up if you have any questions :)

JLDUNC
11-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Thanks! You're one of the first people that I've been able to get a review from. I'll definitely check it out!

EDIT: So, I picked this up to tonight and I also am pleasantly surprised. I'm a little bit bummed out I don't get to see my avatar going at it, but the games are pretty fun. I'm liking golf, football and basketball the best so far in that order, but the other three are fun as well. You just have to play the games a few times to get your timing down and then things start working really nicely.

The analogy to the Backbreaker game is fair and should help others understand how it differs from KS2. I have KS2 and enjoy it as well, but I can't say this game is better than KS2. They are different games that offer different styles. Both have their pros and cons, both are going to have their supporters and detractors, but both games are fun and should give gamers some fun times with their family and friends.

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
thats a very good point about KS2 being a different type of game. i totally agree with your review.

i was really tired when i put this up. but i felt it needed to be done. thus giving people somewhat of an idea of what to expect.

i'm glad to hear you enjoyed it :) personally i really liked what they did with hockey. the other games are great too.

bottomline lots of variety of sports here. interesting challenges too.

JLDUNC
11-12-2011, 04:36 AM
I'm having the most trouble with baseball. I'm trying to fine tune my pitching, but I'm getting lit up. I haven't gotten hitting down at all yet either. Any suggestions or tips that you've noticed?

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-13-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm having the most trouble with baseball. I'm trying to fine tune my pitching, but I'm getting lit up. I haven't gotten hitting down at all yet either. Any suggestions or tips that you've noticed?

ok pitching first. remember this is like real life. you want to start in the windup stance. then pull back & follow through. guide ball with arms & ducking. you can balk,inside & outside pitch by doing this. the harder the throw the faster it goes.

as for batting its 2 parts. one is the arrow which determines direction of hit.

second is pitching box. this is where contact & power are important. the better the contact & power. the more likly you'll get a homerun.

i wouldnt pay much attention to arrow. i'd go by what you feel is a good pitch to swing at.

remember to hit it at best contact point. now i'd do these seperate at first before doing full game.

so pick one then get as good as you can at it. then do the same for the other event.

now you're ready for full game mode. if you need more help let me know :) i could add you to friends list & walk you through them.

i have pitched no hitters & gotten grandslams. goodluck :)

WKFJonesy
03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
Unlocked many achievements so far? Got this coming on rental tm

bob101910
05-14-2012, 09:14 PM
I've only played baseball so far, but it's not looking good. The main menu is very laggy. The baseball doesn't know when I swing or throw 3 out of 10 times. KS2 baseball is much better. Hope the other games are more fun