PDA

View Full Version : Official Bitching Thread

iBuzz7S
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Seeing as though every game gets one, I thought I'd start this. Not going to get a lot of bitching from me, as a I am a fan of the games, but from what I have seen so far, some things have bothered me.

rza_2002
11-10-2011, 02:34 PM
but from what I have seen so far, some things have bothered me.

like?

the storys too short :(

Axel Desade
11-10-2011, 08:31 PM
Well, I might as well get an early start. I dislike that you can't layer your clothing anymore. I also dislike that you can't make your people as skinny or as fat as you could in 2.

True I Skill
11-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Fuck you dude, This game does not need a bitching thread.
Okay maybe it does.
I do not like the new clothes system but i guess they had to change it to keep the game fresh, But i hate how they was bigging up the customization system knowing that it had been made worse.
I am worried the map is going to be a little too small and there will be less missions to do
Also i played the game a little at London expo and the controlls felt a little off, i am sure they switched some buttons around from previous games and idk maybe because i just picked up the controller and went straight into killing people with no tutorial I guess its something that might take a little while to get use to.

And that is just me picking at tiny parts of the game The clothes system was changed to give the game a new feeling, I Do not know how long the game is yet but i am sure it will have hours of mindlessly murdering innocents, and the controls are something i will get use to like on all games.

Maybe we should have a Official Praising thread?

d0ct0rscarecr0w
11-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Maybe we should have a Official Praising thread?
pretty sure that is the definition of nearly every other thread... rather redundant.

I actually don't like the intro very much, the whole star wars thing seems played up and cheesy. I'm hoping most of the plot is like the first two just crazier.

kierons316
11-10-2011, 10:24 PM
The shit about the online pass. A load of Bollox.

Still. The game is gonna rock!!!

DEG23
11-11-2011, 02:17 AM
Why do people keep starting these threads, are all our expectations so high that we already know we are going to be disappointed?

Dangerline
11-11-2011, 12:10 PM
Why do people keep starting these threads, are all our expectations so high that we already know we are going to be disappointed?

I second you on that one, it seems most people are expecting more out of a game, everyone needs to realise that there will probably never be a game where you can do anything you want, like get a house get married oh yeah the sims lol imagine Sims crossed with GTA/Saints/COD/Gears/Skyrim/Fifa/Forza... it'll never happen just be happy with what you get and enjoy this over the top sandbox game, i know i will be and i'm getting my copy new so i don't care about online passes (I used to buy 2nd hand games but now i don't see the point)

ColdSpider72
11-11-2011, 12:38 PM
These threads are created to keep any and all complaints in one place. Bitching is not limited to just opinions on the story or features in the game. It could also be to report things that other people may need a heads up about (horrible gameplay mechanics, game-breaking bugs, etc.) before they purchase the game.

Even though I personally don't foresee having much to complain about, that does not change the fact that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Nobody likes it when people come into threads just for the sake of bashing them for having an opinion (especially if they are taking the step of keeping it in the 'official' thread instead of creating a duplicate). Feel free to disagree and present your own but don't chastise them for having one.

madasahat
11-12-2011, 05:10 AM
The annoying way fallen posts cause a massive obstruction (glitch but annoying!!)

iBuzz7S
11-12-2011, 06:11 AM
The annoying way fallen posts cause a massive obstruction (glitch but annoying!!)
Ha ha ha, agreed. At first I thought it was a glitch, but it seems like it is apart of the game. Quite frustrating when running away during a gunfight and a post stops you.

mjc0961
11-12-2011, 09:48 AM
The only thing to bitch about is that this game isn't out yet. So close though!

Ha ha ha, agreed. At first I thought it was a glitch, but it seems like it is apart of the game. Quite frustrating when running away during a gunfight and a post stops you.

...Are you two playing already?! :uzi:

Dangerline
11-12-2011, 12:11 PM

It happened alot in saints row 1 and 2 so i can see it happening again in 3

iBuzz7S
11-13-2011, 04:04 AM

THQ have sent out quite a few copies to those who pre-ordered through the site. Not saying that is where I got mine, but few peeps on the official forums are happy about the service.

It happened alot in saints row 1 and 2 so i can see it happening again in 3
Oh yeah, things like this occured frequently. With The Third, it hasn't happened an awful lot though.

Another major thing that is frustrating, is the police and how annoying they can get when in a chase.

Also, when a passenger during an activity, the AI's driving is horrendous.

mjc0961
11-14-2011, 07:03 AM
THQ have sent out quite a few copies to those who pre-ordered through the site. Not saying that is where I got mine, but few peeps on the official forums are happy about the service.

:( Now I really wish I'd found out about that offer before the "get the game in time for launch" window on it expired.

ProLez
11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
Ill bitch about me having 100% completed the story line + everything on the map ( activities etc ) but it still shows me as incomplete parts of the map...

Bummer

swellow99
11-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Ill bitch about me having 100% completed the story line + everything on the map ( activities etc ) but it still shows me as incomplete parts of the map...

Bummer
You also found all the collectibles?

ProLez
11-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Yes, unlike saints row 1/2 its not that difficult :)

Simply on the end of the game buy the show collectable bonus on the map and you see it all on the map!

HITMAN 629
11-15-2011, 09:37 PM
This game crashed on me 10 times, I havent even made it out of the intro cutscene: FUCK THIS GAME

headdragon
11-16-2011, 12:01 AM

Bummer

You sure you have completed every thing on the map? i was missing one or two gang activities and had to find them first. One in the middle island, which was on a roof of a building which you have to fly up with your helicopter...

Ich Bin Bruno
11-16-2011, 12:46 AM
Yeah I just bought the season pass thinking that you would get every bit of DLC for the game like the shark gun and stuff like that. Pretty pissed off you don't because it's the main reason why I bought it. I'm stupid for not reading the description of the season pass don't get me wrong but still those things should be included in it other than that the game is pretty fantastic.

ColdSpider72
11-16-2011, 01:31 AM
:( Now I really wish I'd found out about that offer before the "get the game in time for launch" window on it expired.

Well, I did create the thread that advertised this on Oct.30th. I agree that it is too bad you didn't see that thread sooner because I was kind of baffled that the only people posting their thoughts on it were total trolls that seemed to want to bash the deal just for the sake of being argumentative. It would have been nice to have some level-headed folks in the thread that actually like to get free shit.

mjc0961
11-16-2011, 02:10 AM
Well, I did create the thread that advertised this on Oct.30th. I agree that it is too bad you didn't see that thread sooner because I was kind of baffled that the only people posting their thoughts on it were total trolls that seemed to want to bash the deal just for the sake of being argumentative. It would have been nice to have some level-headed folks in the thread that actually like to get free shit.Yeah, some of those people were downright stupid. Oh well, it's the internet, not much you can do about it.

Anyway, I have something to bitch about now! :mad:

This is what they do to Johnny?! Seriously? He dies in the second mission?! And not even on camera going out in a blaze of glory or something, but over a fucking radio?!

So what do we do to that bastard who killed him? We just drop a giant ball on him and that's it. What?! What happened to burying people alive? What happened to making them run over their girlfriends? What happened to hitting a funeral procession with RPGs? That dude in the first mission was right, the Saints are pussies now.

Oh but of course there's more. Killbane has his men blow up a bridge they're driving on, and then Shaundi is mad at them for that and because of what they did at Gat's funeral? What?! We don't get to see his funeral or even hear what it was they actually did there? COME ON, WHAT IS THIS CRAP?!

I really hope something happens later that makes up for this weak as hell opening. Johnny is an awesome character and he deserves far better than getting killed off-camera. :mad:

rand0mblack6uy
11-16-2011, 07:46 AM
The AI is super freaking dumb (pierce)
The story was really short :/.
But other than that I love the game :)

bighurk1983187
11-16-2011, 08:27 AM
so my created characters is a grone man wearing skinny jeans?? he was'nt in the ln the first 2 games has to be now... just weird i have to dress like the children in my neighborhood? my main thing is it feels like less options for customising. no jelery, the only corn rows have a girly bun, and long hair is only for girls? and why are all the gangster white men or black chicks a little weird. im only 7% done so please tell me there is more to this game! or serious dlc changes cause i dont really see a reason to keep this game

scarface
11-16-2011, 11:41 AM
The first time I tried to hijack a car Dukes of Hazzard style, my character ended up being ejected from the car, and ended up dying. Both random and annoying.

headdragon
11-16-2011, 11:56 AM
The first time I tried to hijack a car Dukes of Hazzard style, my character ended up being ejected from the car, and ended up dying. Both random and annoying.

Happened to me too, more than once. But it's only a minor anyoance in my oppinion, if you health is fully upgraded you won't die because of this, (usually^^')

EvilWays
11-16-2011, 01:28 PM

I had this happen while in co-op. My friend would jack the vehicle and be the driver, and I would try the quick hijack as passenger and all of a sudden it's like I'm taking damage and then I'm needing to be revived a second later. It doesn't happen if I just enter the vehicle normally. Haven't had this happen in single player, or in co-op if I end up quickly jacking a vehicle and being the driver.

stewiedude
11-19-2011, 09:09 PM
I liked it but to me it seemed like a step back in the series.. i was also hoping that gat was still alive in some way...i just hated having to do all the side activities as main story missions, in a way it seemed like they could of kept more from the older saints games, taking over strongholds outside the main story. But the choice thing was a good addition but they left out alot of things that i miss...the customization,pretty much no jewelry ..theres no more food system..i hated having to try to find a place to hide in the middle of wide open street because i cant eat something real quick...no forgive and forget...and the story was way too short.

mjc0961
11-20-2011, 03:01 AM
The AI is super freaking dumb (pierce)

And Zimos, and the whores/contacts... Basically anyone in an activity where they need to get their ass in the car is an idiot who drools on themselves and still gets mommy to wipe their ass after they poo. This is not rocket science AI, get in the damn car and let's go!

k1ll1ng5pr33
11-20-2011, 03:14 AM
Whoever made that zombie mission.. F you! Those zombies were damn annoying -.-;

Mikeyspinkick
11-20-2011, 03:18 AM
Whoever made that zombie mission.. F you! Those zombies were damn annoying -.-;Zombies = Over The Top Action

Oh wait, no, it doesn't, but the zombie mission in this game is actually quite legit.

Dr Popodopolus
11-20-2011, 03:48 AM
Pierce is a fucking retard.

We were stuck on a mission for ages cause that daft idiot kept shooting at the law when we spawned from our checkpoint.

Then when we manage to get a car, he shoots blindly at mid-air and gets downed in about 2 shots.

Screw Pierce and his stupid chess-game!!

EvilWays
11-20-2011, 07:11 AM
Nice to see they brought back glitching through the terrain back. Fell through it one time (fortunately, it spawns you back correctly...after a while of falling), and glitched inside of a rock another.

mjc0961
11-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Nice to see they brought back glitching through the terrain back. Fell through it one time (fortunately, it spawns you back correctly...after a while of falling), and glitched inside of a rock another.I glitched through a bridge once. I got stuck right under it and didn't fall any further. I had to kill myself with grenades. ...Or reload. I can't remember what I did now.

I've also had my cars randomly glitch into the bridges when they raise up and form ramps. Most of the time I just do a nice jump, but sometimes the front of the car gets stuck inside.

JuSt BLaZe
11-20-2011, 04:48 PM
As soon as I walk on the streets and start shooting or I'm in a gang-fight everyone panics and I get overrun by one car after another. Like they all have nitro in their cars. The funny thing is they just come from nowhere. Crazy shit.

mjc0961
11-20-2011, 08:37 PM
It would be nice if hijacking didn't constantly involve going from one side of the map to the other. Yeah, I'm just going to drive this temptress across the entire map with the god damned national guard following me with a bunch of turrets. I'm just going to fly over the entire city in this police helicopter with no weapons while they follow me in attack helicopters. Agh. I am so sick of finding the car, leaving the mission, beefing it up at rimjobs when possible, and then starting it again. And then the kicker is sometimes the cops or gangs still come after you, and sometimes they decide to leave you alone. They could have just made these slightly more reasonable. :(

Warren17
11-20-2011, 10:08 PM
It would be nice if hijacking didn't constantly involve going from one side of the map to the other. Yeah, I'm just going to drive this temptress across the entire map with the god damned national guard following me with a bunch of turrets. I'm just going to fly over the entire city in this police helicopter with no weapons while they follow me in attack helicopters. Agh. I am so sick of finding the car, leaving the mission, beefing it up at rimjobs when possible, and then starting it again. And then the kicker is sometimes the cops or gangs still come after you, and sometimes they decide to leave you alone. They could have just made these slightly more reasonable. :(

Use your phone to erase the cops/gangs.

mjc0961
11-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Use your phone to erase the cops/gangs.As I said in another thread, that only works once for each (twice for cops if you're a Burt Reynolds fan :p). After that, the choices are to wait around for the cooldown or just keep going.

FangtasticBite
11-20-2011, 11:19 PM
I am dissapointed with alot to be honest. Maybe my expectations was just too high after playing Saints Row 2 but ...

First, what I hated most was how Gat was killed. One of those guys killed that one man army? Seriously? To make it worse we didnt even see it happen. And after the only one who seemed to care that much was Shaundi.

Second, the story is short. I think there is around the same number of missions as in SR2 but half of them are really just activities, and some of them are just cut scenes? There just doesnt seem as much to do. Even the map seems smaller.

Third, that game is focused on being crazy/stupid. I prefared it when it was crazy/psyco. Locking Jessica in the truck, Aishas funeral, Cutting off Mr Sunshines head, Shooting Dane Vogel out the window of the ultor building, these were some of my favourite parts of Saints Row 2, but there was nothing like this in the third.

Fourth, I find the controls for awkward, I liked the old ones better, but I cant see a way to customize them.(Please let me know if there is a way tho!)

Fifth, Customization seems more limited than it was before. (Well atleast you can get bright pink now!)

mjc0961
11-20-2011, 11:23 PM
I am dissapointed with alot to be honest. Maybe my expectations was just too high after playing Saints Row 2 but ...

First, what I hated most was how Gat was killed. One of those guys killed that one man army? Seriously? To make it worse we didnt even see it happen. And after the only one who seemed to care that much was Shaundi.

Second, the story is short. I think there is around the same number of missions as in SR2 but half of them are really just activities, and some of them are just cut scenes? There just doesnt seem as much to do. Even the map seems smaller.

Third, that game is focused on being crazy/stupid. I prefared it when it was crazy/psyco. Locking Jessica in the truck, Aishas funeral, Cutting off Mr Sunshines head, Shooting Dane Vogel out the window of the ultor building, these were some of my favourite parts of Saints Row 2, but there was nothing like this in the third.

Fourth, I find the controls for awkward, I liked the old ones better, but I cant see a way to customize them.(Please let me know if there is a way tho!)

Fifth, Customization seems more limited than it was before. (Well atleast you can get bright pink now!)
Agreed on pretty much all counts. To tie into your third, I was really disappointed with the confrontations you have with the Syndicate leaders. Only Killbane was satisfying, and the rest were just weak.

Also, if I see one more random "THE TARGET VEHICLE WAS DESTROYED!" when I haven't even found it yet, I'm going to go ape-shit.

DOA_Rose
11-21-2011, 12:08 AM
Also, if I see one more random "THE TARGET VEHICLE WAS DESTROYED!" when I haven't even found it yet, I'm going to go ape-shit.

I'm getting sick of that too....also, I get that message WHILE I'M DRIVING THE FUCKING TARGET VEHICLE TO THE CHOP SHOP. Seriously, WTF?

Why did they have to fucking ruin the Chop Shop activity? It was fun in SR 1 & 2,but it's total BS in SR3....

The taunt 50 gang members challenge has to be glitched. I must have taunted like 500 gang members but the counter is only at 3...

Not as much customization as in SR2. Not as many vehicles either.

Story is really short.

The outcome of the 2nd mission. Seriously, why do that to one of the best characters ever?

Brain dead AI. Seriously, get in the fucking car.

Music isn't as good as in SR2. I want the tracks from SR2's Mix station....

Psychotic civillians & LEOs. It's really annoying to get run over repeatedly by random people who spawn out of nowhere...and FFS, stop shooting me for streaking & car surfing....

No replay mission option. I want to see the other choice outcomes w/o having to start a new game from scratch....

I realized I miss the graffiti tagging....

mjc0961
11-21-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm getting sick of that too....also, I get that message WHILE I'M DRIVING THE FUCKING TARGET VEHICLE TO THE CHOP SHOP. Seriously, WTF?

Just happened to me with the very last vehicle I needed for the achievement. I got STAG's VTOL, got to the airport, transformed back to hover mode to set it down, and during the transformation, "THE TARGET VEHICLE HAS BEEN DESTROYED" even though it's perfectly fine. :mad:

CLAPSTER
11-21-2011, 12:30 AM

I got used to the controls pretty quick and the story was pretty cool, remember they are going to add some DLC so hopefully they do finish up where SR2 finished.

JeppeBoy
11-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Is there any fucking reason NOT to be able to replay missions? Like really?
What the fuck.

Baihu1983
11-21-2011, 01:13 PM
Johnny Gat
All the content they took OUT from the first 2 games.
Just seems a much smaller game than the last 2.
Wepons all feel like shit.
shaundi's character/voice actor change sucks.

Paka
11-21-2011, 02:53 PM
My biggest bitch would be about the clothing customization, by far. 2 had so many more options, and on many pieces in it you could even choose patterns and designs. In this, they even took out decent pink options on the clothing colors! :mad: At least they left them on the cars so I can still have my Barbiemobiles. :p

Also, my favorite music was taken out. 2 had some neat Celtic tracks that are totally gone it looks like.

The game feels a bit empty compared to 2, and exploring is not as fun. Also feels like more of a chore to me since I'm having to grind right now so I can buff up my character enough to survive (please no YOU SUCK comments, even if I do, this is my opinion here). ;)

It is still a good game, but the difference between this and Skyrim for me is that Skyrim passed all of my expectations and this sadly fell short. This is still worth the money but Skyrim is far more deserving of GOTY.

upindat
11-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I glitched under the map. was falling forever!!! hit the shoot, then died. Weird

dang racoons
11-21-2011, 06:26 PM
Same as everyone else, Gat I mean I have no idea what volition were thinking when they decided his fate but it was a stupid idea that I hope they change for the next game.

And the story was far too short, though I must admit some of the mission were more fun than sr2 there still weren't enough. I also didn't like the ditching of some of the saints during stag missions.

But I'm enjoying the game so far not sure if I prefer it to sr2 so far though.

Baihu1983
11-21-2011, 07:08 PM
See im not happy that so many of the missions simply have you doing an activitie. Hell some simply have you watch a quick cut scene and thats it! No actual mission to go with it.

CLAPSTER
11-21-2011, 07:44 PM
See here's an idea I have for Gat. They could release dlc explaining what happened, at no point in the game do they show his body so they could make it up and be like he survived the whole ordeal on the plane. You go through the cockpit of the plane and I'm pretty sure you don't see gat so yeah they could make it some story where he actually lives, like he jumped out of the plane and was injured horribly and was in a hospital....on an island, wakes up gets to steelport and says what'd I miss? lol....just a thought. :)

Toymachine21282
11-21-2011, 09:12 PM
My biggest bitch would be about the clothing customization, by far. 2 had so many more options, and on many pieces in it you could even choose patterns and designs. In this, they even took out decent pink options on the clothing colors! :mad: At least they left them on the cars so I can still have my Barbiemobiles. :p

Also, my favorite music was taken out. 2 had some neat Celtic tracks that are totally gone it looks like.

The game feels a bit empty compared to 2, and exploring is not as fun. Also feels like more of a chore to me since I'm having to grind right now so I can buff up my character enough to survive (please no YOU SUCK comments, even if I do, this is my opinion here). ;)

It is still a good game, but the difference between this and Skyrim for me is that Skyrim passed all of my expectations and this sadly fell short. This is still worth the money but Skyrim is far more deserving of GOTY.

Still love the game, but going off the limited clothing customization, I miss upgrading the cribs as well. Instead you get the crappy hideouts for each homie and then 3 strongholds that are identical on the inside with no options to upgrade or "pimp" it out.

Paka
11-21-2011, 09:24 PM
I've gotta think with Gat they left that open on purpose. Makes it very easy to bring him back. I wouldn't even be surprised at all if they make getting him back DLC, like another post mentioned.

mjc0961
11-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Still love the game, but going off the limited clothing customization, I miss upgrading the cribs as well. Instead you get the crappy hideouts for each homie and then 3 strongholds that are identical on the inside with no options to upgrade or "pimp" it out.

No you can make them taller, it's teh best thing evar!! Especially the casino when you upgrade to the tallest level but the graphics for it don't load! So then you go to the heliport and you're standing on nothing because the game didn't display the taller building you bought! BEST UPGRADE EVER!

dang racoons
11-21-2011, 09:30 PM
See here's an idea I have for Gat. They could release dlc explaining what happened, at no point in the game do they show his body so they could make it up and be like he survived the whole ordeal on the plane. You go through the cockpit of the plane and I'm pretty sure you don't see gat so yeah they could make it some story where he actually lives, like he jumped out of the plane and was injured horribly and was in a hospital....on an island, wakes up gets to steelport and says what'd I miss? lol....just a thought. :)

I'd like to think it's possible his still alive but I'd imagine your character saw his body as you had a funeral for him, however I'm hoping that the syndicate cloned Gat and then killed the clone displayed that as the body and locked up the real Gat. But I'm probably gunno have to deal with a lame death for a badass character.

happysox
11-21-2011, 09:59 PM
Seeing as though every game gets one, I thought I'd start this. Not going to get a lot of bitching from me, as a I am a fan of the games, but from what I have seen so far, some things have bothered me.

Why would you start a thread about something here if you don't even agree with the subject?

Is it that cool to be a person that starts a thread here that a person should make one that doesn't have an interest in the topic?

Shouldn't a thread owner be interested and want to keep discussions going?

Is there some kind of bonus here for being the first to make a thread that I am missing because this seems to be a re-occurring theme. I'm not a super active guy here in forums but I do print guides out quite frequently. Seeing how little people care about starting threads is seriously making me see why I don't post here much.

Do we have mods here?

RDrules
11-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Why would you start a thread about something here if you don't even agree with the subject?

Is it that cool to be a person that starts a thread here that a person should make one that doesn't have an interest in the topic?

Shouldn't a thread owner be interested and want to keep discussions going?

yet your posting in a thread with absolutely nothing to do with the topic... gotta love a hypocrite

anyway, yeah my main problem here is the length of the game, its a lot shorter than SR2 the map is smaller..or just seems that way, less indoor spaces mainly because of the lack of shops compared t sR2

the districts of the map arent as varied, the story line involving an old character which has been mentioned was just annoying.

great game but all too short and small

MeonOne
11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
the only thing ive bitched about since playing this game is the activities with the pimp hat on them. you have to go and rescue the hos from the gang members.
every time i go to rescue them, and press up on the d pad, they always take forever to get in the car. the hos just sit there and do a little taunt dance to the other gang, which makes them madder and about like 50+ gang members are trying to kill you and take you out of your car. like really, if a ho in real life was getting shot at im sure they wouldn't hesitate to jump into the car and get away. dumb hos!

mjc0961
11-22-2011, 07:39 PM
the only thing ive bitched about since playing this game is the activities with the pimp hat on them. you have to go and rescue the hos from the gang members.
every time i go to rescue them, and press up on the d pad, they always take forever to get in the car. the hos just sit there and do a little taunt dance to the other gang, which makes them madder and about like 50+ gang members are trying to kill you and take you out of your car. like really, if a ho in real life was getting shot at im sure they wouldn't hesitate to jump into the car and get away. dumb hos!
Same shit with trafficking, but it will piss you off even more then because Zimos and Pierce should know better.

JeppeBoy
11-22-2011, 07:49 PM
Is there any fucking reason NOT to be able to replay missions? Like really?
What the fuck.

I'm gonna reply to my own post because I'm so fucking pissed.
Seriously, why the FUCK can't you replay missions? Is there any point to it?

"We're gonna have better graphics, better gameplay and... oh, by the way, you will not be able to replay missions anymore, let's remove that feature"

CLAPSTER
11-22-2011, 07:58 PM
I'd like to think it's possible his still alive but I'd imagine your character saw his body as you had a funeral for him, however I'm hoping that the syndicate cloned Gat and then killed the clone displayed that as the body and locked up the real Gat. But I'm probably gunno have to deal with a lame death for a badass character.
Granted but I doubt they found Gat's body. It makes no sense they never speak on the subject, they never show the body, and finally after you land you start going against the syndicate, not go to the wreckage lol I'm still hoping for some DLC if not I will be very sad face. What I think is that they shot the intercom not Gat....hopefully. ^_^Gat's zombie has no gunshot wounds or anything, just scratches. Carlos's zombie had the gunshot so yeah..just something I noticed..

mjc0961
11-22-2011, 08:40 PM
*snip*
Gat's zombie has no gunshot wounds or anything, just scratches. Carlos's zombie had the gunshot so yeah..just something I noticed..

They were driving a hearse back to Stilwater when the Luchadores blow up that bridge. One would assume that Johnny's body is in the back, otherwise why would they need a hearse?

Yeah, they never show the body or specifically say that they recovered his body, which sucks. But they never showed Lin's body either, and I'm pretty sure she's still dead.

Warren17
11-22-2011, 10:44 PM
They were driving a hearse back to Stilwater when the Luchadores blow up that bridge. One would assume that Johnny's body is in the back, otherwise why would they need a hearse?

Yeah, they never show the body or specifically say that they recovered his body, which sucks. But they never showed Lin's body either, and I'm pretty sure she's still dead.

It was kinda obvious Lin died. I'm still not even sure if Gat is dead. I still can't see them killing Gat off like the way they did.

mjc0961
11-23-2011, 12:05 AM
I don't want Gat to be dead either. But it's pretty obvious that they killed him off. Loren tells you he's dead. Viola tells you he's dead. Kia tells you he's dead. The Saints clearly recovered some kind of body. As shitty as how they killed him was, Gat is gone. Honestly, I'd love to be wrong here, or love for Volition to pull out some crazy thing from their ass to bring him back, but just looking at the game, it's pretty obvious. :(

Eric89
11-23-2011, 06:35 AM
The only thing that really bums me out is that this game is short, and I was able to get almost all of the achievements within a week of the game's release.

EvilWays
11-23-2011, 12:19 PM
This game is not fun. It doesn't have the fun factor that the other two games had, and it's as if they spent so much time trying to be "out there" with how crazy some parts of the game are that they left out much of what made the other games fun and carry it over. It's too watered down and doesn't have much substance to it. The Deckers were annoying as fuck and the game could have done without them (Tron ripoff poorly done). I'm not asking it to be GTA, just fun and enjoyable.

I can't believe i cancelled my pre-order for AC:R for this (financial issue caused me to have to cancel one pre-order, and I kept this one, unfortunately). I'm at the point where I'm debating even keeping the game after I get my 1k gamerscore in it...it all depends on what Volition offers in DLC (and I'm not impressed with what they already have out so far).

Axel Desade
11-23-2011, 09:25 PM
OK, after getting 1k on this game I have made my definitive list for things that are shitty about this game.

1. Activities (Quantity)- Don't get me wrong for the most part they were all enjoyable (with the exception of trafficking because Zimos and Pierce are seriously fucking stupid and take FOREVER to get into the car. This can be bitch point number 2, the mind numbingly stupid AI) but seriously, only 6 levels per type of activity, with the best ones from 2 removed? (Crowd Control, Fight Club, Septic Avenger, Demo Derby, Fuzz). I don't get the Volition logic.
Saints Row: 3 places for each activity with 8 levels each, for a total of 24 levels per activity.
Saints Row 2: 2 places with 6 levels each for a total of 12 levels per activity. What it lacks in amount compared to 1, it makes up for in actual enjoyability.
Saints Row 3: 6 places with only 1 level. Only 6 levels per activity. Insurance Fraud and the Genki activity are the only ones that even come close to how fun 2's activities were. And by this logic SR4 should only have 3 levels per activity.

3. Getting your self/vehicles stuck inside objects- Yesterday alone I had my Kaneda's front tire clip inside a ramp as I tried doing a jump, and my guy got stuck inside a wall when he bailed from a vehicle. Also got stuck inside a store because when I pressed Y to open the store's door he jumped through the door and onto a motorcycle that was inside, and couldn't get off.

4. Less of everything (compared to SR2)- Less activities, less missions, less vehicles, less weapons, less clothing options, less fun. Plus about 10 or so of the already small amount of missions are just doing activities.

That's all I can think of for now.

dang racoons
11-23-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't want Gat to be dead either. But it's pretty obvious that they killed him off. Loren tells you he's dead. Viola tells you he's dead. Kia tells you he's dead. The Saints clearly recovered some kind of body. As shitty as how they killed him was, Gat is gone. Honestly, I'd love to be wrong here, or love for Volition to pull out some crazy thing from their ass to bring him back, but just looking at the game, it's pretty obvious. :(
The thing that annoys me the most is that your character shows no anger at all to the situation, I mean what the fuck they had been friends for years and your character is cool as a cat about it he reacted strongly to Carlos why not this person. Then Shaundi is the one who's pissed over the situation, volition fucked this shit up sadly.

PS sorry for the lack of spoiler tags was in a rush so tried to make post as spoiler free as possible.

mjc0961
11-23-2011, 11:25 PM
The thing that annoys me the most is that your character shows no anger at all to the situation, I mean what the fuck they had been friends for years and your character is cool as a cat about it he reacted strongly to Carlos why not this person. Then Shaundi is the one who's pissed over the situation, volition fucked this shit up sadly.

PS sorry for the lack of spoiler tags was in a rush so tried to make post as spoiler free as possible.

Yeah, I agree with that. The "revenge" for it wasn't as satisfying as the revenge situations in SR2 either.

Kinky Mong
11-24-2011, 12:55 PM
The vehicle thefts are beyone frustrating and make me want to snap my controller in half. How the fuck am I meant to get the swat van back to the chop shop when I have the whole STAG army throwing everything at me as soon as I get in it, and I can't use any weapons to retaliate while driving the shitty thing?!:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::mad::mad::mad:

ColdSpider72
11-24-2011, 01:20 PM
The vehicle thefts are beyone frustrating and make me want to snap my controller in half. How the fuck am I meant to get the swat van back to the chop shop when I have the whole STAG army throwing everything at me as soon as I get in it, and I can't use any weapons to retaliate while driving the shitty thing?!:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi::mad::mad::mad:

Did you unlock and buy the ability to wipe the police notoriety away? If so, use it.

JuSt BLaZe
11-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Trail Blazer challenge on hard. This one really fucked me up. Got it eventually.

Dark Pyro
11-24-2011, 05:40 PM
the huge lack of guns special weapons are fine but everything else seems empty also where the hells the katana gone

and the police snipers are overpowered 2 shot destroyed a peteliner seriously 2 shots
violation didnt really add anything to it yes new activity and some small things but it seems smaller than saints row 1
but i still like the game and will gladly play it on co-op but solo it feels empty

oh and the music somehow got worse sort of theres less than there was in saints row 2 and that was limited at best well my selection was anyway

Warren17
11-24-2011, 06:33 PM
One thing I will complain about is the lack of challenge. I 1k this in less than a week. In the other Saints Rows there was a challenge. This one came way to easy.

dang racoons
11-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with that. The "revenge" for it wasn't as satisfying as the revenge situations in SR2 either.
On a kind of related note is it me or were all the gang leader confrontations kinda of lame, I mean Killbanes was more what I expected but Lorens and Millers were both dissapointing.

mjc0961
11-25-2011, 08:32 PM
One thing I will complain about is the lack of challenge. I 1k this in less than a week. In the other Saints Rows there was a challenge. This one came way to easy.Yeah, they went too far with making it easier. I would have at least liked an achievement for stunt jumps and barnstorms. Although a lot of it being easier also has to do with no more insane online achievements, and the game being shorter in general.

On a kind of related note is it me or were all the gang leader confrontations kinda of lame, I mean Killbanes was more what I expected but Lorens and Millers were both dissapointing.Agreed 100%. The scene on the plane with Loren was cooler, but that's all you get. Then you have the fight with Miller and that's all you get with him as well. Killbane was much better, especially if you make the choice related to him near the end of the game.

dang racoons
11-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah, they went too far with making it easier. I would have at least liked an achievement for stunt jumps and barnstorms. Although a lot of it being easier also has to do with no more insane online achievements, and the game being shorter in general.

Agreed 100%. The scene on the plane with Loren was cooler, but that's all you get. Then you have the fight with Miller and that's all you get with him as well. Killbane was much better, especially if you make the choice related to him near the end of the game.
Ye I expected more from Miller then afterwards I was just left thinking what the hell just happened and is it me or did Killbane seem rather...weak I guess considering his reputation.

d0ct0rscarecr0w
11-26-2011, 01:31 AM
so far my big complaint is...

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
Gat's and fillipe (whatever the hell his name is) death were far to meh, I didn't even know either one was dead until the characters started talking about it later. They really should have put a lot more Narm into their deaths, made it really cheesy not just Oh by the way they are dead.

Axel Desade
11-26-2011, 01:39 AM
Since we're complaining about character deaths, Kiki Dewynter getting her neck snapped by Killbane out of nowhere was pretty high on my "Are you fucking kidding me, that's how they die?" list for this game. SR2 was millions of times better with getting revenge. You make a guy run over his own girlfriend, you bury a man alive. Honestly only the General didn't have that great a death, but Mr.Sunshine made up for that by having one of the best deaths in the game. Now you have this pos game where only one revenge is even slightly satisfying, and where one of the gang leaders doesn't even die.

ColdSpider72
11-26-2011, 03:37 AM
Well, just as I was 8 challenges shy of completing them all, all of my challenge stats have frozen. It happened while I was streaking; I was about 60 seconds shy of finishing it when I went to check and noticed it stopped progressing. So I tried some other challenges (distance, carjacking, mascots) and not a single one is progressing. I reloaded the manual save, reloaded the auto-save, dashboarded and restarted the game and nada. I even tried on an older save and it's frozen there too.

This officially sucks.

BTW, no I have never used a single cheat or played co-op with anyone. This is the first time anything has glitched on me at all. All of my achieves up till now have unlocked just fine (sitting at 950).

UPDATE: After loading the same save about 10 times and finally giving up and continuing on, everything suddenly started counting again about 20 minutes later. Nobody at Volition has even aknowledged any of these glitches yet.

JuSt BLaZe
11-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Fuck the GLITCHED STORY ACHIEVEMENTS which are not unlocking, that's all I have to say...

Warren17
11-26-2011, 04:34 AM
Fuck the GLITCHED STORY ACHIEVEMENTS which are not unlocking, that's all I have to say...

Save, dashboard, reload SR3, load game. They should pop up.

thm241
11-27-2011, 01:35 AM
This does contain some SPOILERS Don't read if you don't want to read spoilers

The last mission with you being on the moon was really retarded, especially the part with killbane. The deckers specialists who can teleport or whatever are really annoying, and finally how did your character not know that the mayor was Burt Reynolds? I mean even though they weren't there long you would think they your character would know who it was. aLthough I do like Reynolds character especially when you first meet him.

EDIT: Also the whole zombie thing, that was terrible. I wouldn't of minded if they would have done it differently but have them there for just one mission? It's stupid how they just put it in there just to have it invlove zombies and make you play another mission, or atleast it seems that is why they did it.

EvilWays
11-28-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm hoping to have a Black Magic Intensity Shuttle either January or February, and assuming I still have this piece of shit game (and assuming their DLC continues on the path of sucking) and that I have time (in college right now), I intend to do a rant video (can't find too many positives to do a proper review) and tear this game a proper one. I still can't fathom how any reviewer (including Webb) could give this garbage anything higher than 50%. Did they not completely play this? It's awful and I wish I would have canceled this pre-order instead of AC:R (I also wish I could change the score I gave it on the game's page here, as I put my score in sometime after starting SR3 rather than when I finished it).

Axel, I would add uninspiring story. Unlike the other two, I really didn't care what was happening. It's worse than a JJ Abrahms movie.

stefanos2k10
12-06-2011, 12:43 PM
achievements not popping when they should had to re do deckers end mission and the genki one dint pop for me either so annoying >_>

JakJakAttacks
12-06-2011, 01:37 PM
After 100% this game today, here is my bitch list:

1. Enemies can shoot at you from entirely too far away. Seriously, you can't even see them and they're a mile away but can still hit you. Most of the time it's not a problem, but every once in a while it causes a headache.

2. They need to put those bridges down at the end of the game. They go up near the end and NEVER come back down. This becomes a big problem, especially if you have some car thefts to finish off.

3. Gangs disappearing completely after island takeovers. It makes sense, but the fact that you need them for certain challenges/assassinations makes things difficult.

4. Entirely too many abilities. I NEVER found myself calling on homies because they usually did more harm than good.

5. The assassination/car theft menu needs to be sorted by island or something, so you don't drive all over the place. Not to mention you should be able to take a stolen car to the NEAREST chop shop, not the one the game wants you to go to.

6. Some of the challenges aren't challenges. They're an exercises in frustration. (car surfing for 600 seconds, 150 human shields, 50 hostages)

7. AI on some missions are completely stupid. Especially on those damn trafficking activities. I can't tell you how much time I've wasted because the contacts wouldn't just get in the damn car.

8. Want to call a helicopter in? Well that's fine, but getting the guy to land it for you to take is an entirely other issue...

9. The Y button does ENTIRELY way too many things. I'm in the safehouse, trying to open a door but access the menu. Or I'm trying to tackle someone and jump into a car. Etc.

10. I hate the fact that Gat died right in the beginning. And it wasn't even significant. Like it didn't even matter. You don't even get to see him die. It's pathetic.

Those are the things that drove me a little bit crazy. But overall, very fun game. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

JuSt BLaZe
12-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Save, dashboard, reload SR3, load game. They should pop up.

Nope, tried all that, had to play the entire story again...at least for TITANIC EFFORT.

kierons316
12-06-2011, 03:10 PM
I hate when you join someones game to get 'Cheats activated'

Why the hell do they do that???? The game is so easy.

Should be an option to skip games thats got cheats turned on

NakedShaver
12-06-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree with most everything everyone has said.

I feel ripped off. I really miss spraying down the rich with poo and all the other crazy side activities. They took too much out and didn't add enough in to SR3. It's way too short - main story and side quests. Which makes me think...

Will the DLC be able to add in new activities? Is that why they left some out, so that we have to pay for them? I haven't heard jack about any forthcoming DLC and I bought the season pass. For what!? I guess that's my biggest gripe. What the hell did I buy the season pass for; not to mention the collector's edition of this game.

Anyone figure out how to use the headset that came with the box set on an iPhone? That just stirred another bitch... Why include a custom headset that does NOT work with Xbox live? Seriously!? WTF!

rabblerouser
12-06-2011, 07:51 PM
It was the best in the series to me. Crazy story, took out things I hated like crowd control, etc. It was a bit short, I got all the achievements in like 2 days but my main complaint is just releasing the dlc so slowly. I think the last mission pack comes out a year from now?!

NakedShaver
12-06-2011, 08:49 PM
It was the best in the series to me. Crazy story, took out things I hated like crowd control, etc. It was a bit short, I got all the achievements in like 2 days but my main complaint is just releasing the dlc so slowly. I think the last mission pack comes out a year from now?!

To answer your question and to edit a small bit of my own post... I found this

Comment #10 by PluralAces
Tuesday, December 06, 2011 @ 08:27:48 AM
(0)   
@#9 The Season Pass covers three mission packs...

Genkibowl 7 (January 2012)
Clones (Spring 2012)
Gangstas in Space (Winter 2012)

Those should be free if you bought the Season Pass

NakedShaver
12-06-2011, 09:03 PM
I used to like Saints Row games... then I took an arrow to the knee

NOT intended to be funny. Intended to be sarcastic and show my frustration with this game. Bring back the poo spraying!

Axel Desade
12-06-2011, 09:34 PM

Arrow to the knee jokes used to be funny, then i- Wait no they've never been funny.

ThitherBoot
12-06-2011, 10:40 PM
needs story based DLC

JakJakAttacks
12-07-2011, 03:33 AM
Hahahaha.... ha... ha...
Oh wait. Haven't I read that joke EVERYWHERE?

purpleinsect
12-07-2011, 09:29 AM
That I was so stupid to sell it in the believe that I would have plenty time to finish it before someone buys it. I was wrong. It was bought the next day :P Idiot

iBuzz7S
04-04-2012, 02:06 AM
Well after everything, I can safely say that I am disappointed with how the game turned out.

Game can be 100% completed in under 15 hours
No replay value (multiple saves can help you unlock achievements)
Add-ons were there to make money and not add value to the game
Difficulty? No such thing. Even at its hardest, the game is a breeze
Can't downgrade your upgrades, which makes the game a simple walk in the park
Clothing and tattoo options are extremely limited
The first character that dies, everything is still unknown

Don't think I am done yet.

InterceptorX
04-07-2012, 02:17 PM
This game should be an embarrassment for all involved in releasing it even if it had come out five years ago. Cars and enemies spawn out of thin air 15 feet in front of you constantly. The controls are glitchy as hell and things just don't do what they're supposed to do. Had this been an indy developed game done on the cheap, it would be some sort of accomplishment, but to be the third in a series with a large budget is disgraceful.

I really like the fun feel they are trying to convey over the boring-ass route GTA 4 took, but the execution is terrible and frankly just lazy.

Aidexx
04-15-2012, 08:46 AM
I've never played any Saints Row games, but I don't like GTA series either. I'll probably like the crazy humor of SR3 better than the seriousness of GTA4. Yet still...I'm waiting for the price to come down just a little bit...

JuSt BLaZe
05-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Well after everything, I can safely say that I am disappointed with how the game turned out.

[LIST]
Game can be 100% completed in under 15 hours

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1547/UPzgQ0U=.jpg (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/saints-row-3/achievement/59144-Third-and-30.html) Third and 30 - 40 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png
Spend over 30 hours in Steelport. :rolleyes:

iBuzz7S
05-09-2012, 06:41 AM
<snip>
OMG YOU ARE SUCH A N00B!!!!! /sarcasm

Well played. :)

Okay, the game can be beat in under 15 hours. BUT, if you wanted to 100% the game (beat + unlock all achievements), it will take you 30 hours.

Better? :p

JuSt BLaZe
05-09-2012, 06:43 AM
OMG YOU ARE SUCH A N00B!!!!! /sarcasm

Well played. :)

Okay, the game can be beat in under 15 hours. BUT, if you wanted to 100% the game (beat + unlock all achievements), it will take you 30 hours.

Better? :p

:D That post/quote made my day. Yeah better, thanks! :biglaugh :) ;)

JACK LAYT0N
07-03-2012, 03:07 AM
For me, the only down side is that I managed to get all the achievements 1300/1300 in about 46 hours ... Not enough things to do !!!

MentalHypnotica
07-16-2012, 04:10 AM
The one thing that annoyed me more than anything was both the size of the map, and the soundtrack, I loved Saints row 2's soundtrack because it was so varied, but SR3 just has unrecognized, sort of obscure music, and it was very limited. The map was probably only half the size of SR2. Hopefully SR4 will fix that :)

bighurk1983187
10-20-2012, 10:48 PM
OK, after getting 1k on this game I have made my definitive list for things that are shitty about this game.

1. Activities (Quantity)- Don't get me wrong for the most part they were all enjoyable (with the exception of trafficking because Zimos and Pierce are seriously fucking stupid and take FOREVER to get into the car. This can be bitch point number 2, the mind numbingly stupid AI) but seriously, only 6 levels per type of activity, with the best ones from 2 removed? (Crowd Control, Fight Club, Septic Avenger, Demo Derby, Fuzz). I don't get the Volition logic.
Saints Row: 3 places for each activity with 8 levels each, for a total of 24 levels per activity.
Saints Row 2: 2 places with 6 levels each for a total of 12 levels per activity. What it lacks in amount compared to 1, it makes up for in actual enjoyability.
Saints Row 3: 6 places with only 1 level. Only 6 levels per activity. Insurance Fraud and the Genki activity are the only ones that even come close to how fun 2's activities were. And by this logic SR4 should only have 3 levels per activity.

3. Getting your self/vehicles stuck inside objects- Yesterday alone I had my Kaneda's front tire clip inside a ramp as I tried doing a jump, and my guy got stuck inside a wall when he bailed from a vehicle. Also got stuck inside a store because when I pressed Y to open the store's door he jumped through the door and onto a motorcycle that was inside, and couldn't get off.

4. Less of everything (compared to SR2)- Less activities, less missions, less vehicles, less weapons, less clothing options, less fun. Plus about 10 or so of the already small amount of missions are just doing activities.

That's all I can think of for now.
AGREED!! also no online multiplayer, was kinda left with a usless disk after i got 100% on the game.

ColdCokeCan
12-07-2012, 02:39 AM
I thought that this game was fun but not as good as the second one.
It also annoyed me that you can get upgraded so much that bullets don't hurt you.

cjdavies
12-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Just started but mine so far:
- 1 star notorirty for Police and they shoot at me.
- A rival gang member shoots me, I run, the Police see me and they start coming after me.
- No Forgive and Forget.
- Changed control for driving, as I just I just finished Saints Row 2 takes time getting used too.

Doctor Gordon
02-06-2013, 11:59 PM
this video
Saints Row 2 vs Saints Row 3: A SR4 Wish List - YouTube

cjdavies
02-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Not the game itself, but doing a hitman target Barry, I need a Helicopter, I look at Youtube guides how to get one and 5 videos and nothing they are automatically in one :mad:

FFS, this Scrubber vehicle theft, gets stuck to wall too easy and can't move, this is the third time now!!!!!!

Again not the game, if you are going to do a guide on Youtube for Vehicle Theft, at least show the map pin pointing it's location e.g. Oppressor.

adski
03-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Compared to the others, it is kinda weak in compare. Story wasn't as strong as the others and the characters weren't up to par either, actually they made shandi fucking annoying but yet she cared more than your character when #SPOILER# Gat got killed (Off screen by the way). So yeah, a disapointment but yet the gameplay still made it fun to play and humour was still humourus and the bounce mechanic was back too... so can't complain too much ;).

I'm not shallow, I just like TITS!