PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Lag?

Cloudart
11-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Is anyone else having lag issues with the multiplayer? Both the versus and the co-op will stutter every couple seconds. Sure hope there is a way to fix this issue but I'm not sure if I'm the only one.

Karashion Judas-Ka
11-15-2011, 05:48 AM
Is anyone else having lag issues with the multiplayer? Both the versus and the co-op will stutter every couple seconds. Sure hope there is a way to fix this issue but I'm not sure if I'm the only one.
I am havving the same issue myself so you are not alone.

Mastrius
12-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried multiple things such as cache clearing and whatnot but I have yet to find a fix. My friend who played on my xbox with my copy with his profile ISN'T having these issues. So I honestly have no clue what the deal is or how to fix it. Too bad this doesn't seem widespread because sadly it would appear we're out of luck on this. Sucks.

pgrooveparry
12-08-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm having the exact same issue. I've tried multiple things such as cache clearing and whatnot but I have yet to find a fix. My friend who played on my xbox with my copy with his profile ISN'T having these issues. So I honestly have no clue what the deal is or how to fix it. Too bad this doesn't seem widespread because sadly it would appear we're out of luck on this. Sucks.

I feel your pain.

Here is how to fix it:

Delete your profile (or move it to a flash drive as back up), then recover your gamertag.

I had the exact same problem. Recovering completely fixed it and it hasn't stuttered ever since.

MC Kazoo
12-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Day one, the few people I played with right after release it was a little laggy. Besides that, smooth sailing. All over too. US, Japan, Brazil too I think. No issues. A patch just dropped not too long ago. Have you checked since then?

MC Kazoo
12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
Double Post

pgrooveparry
12-09-2011, 12:40 AM
There are other people with this same problem.

I had a long discussion with a few others here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632696-metal-gear-solid-hd-collection/61143303

Our theory is that the stutter effect is triggered by an achievement. Similar to how El Shaddai had the same problem. I know a patch was recently released, but I can't seem to find any information on what its purpose was.

Even before the patch was released, many of us with the problem have confirmed that recovering your gamertag will fix the problem.

WarMachineBR
12-09-2011, 12:47 AM
I'm from Brazil, and I play with ppl from USA, Chile and Canada (examples), and there's no lag at all!

My connection is 15 mbit/s.

BTW My gt is War X Machida !

Mastrius
12-09-2011, 03:48 AM
I feel your pain.

Here is how to fix it:

Delete your profile (or move it to a flash drive as back up), then recover your gamertag.

I had the exact same problem. Recovering completely fixed it and it hasn't stuttered ever since.

Oh that's awesome. Thanks a ton man. It was really troubling me because...it's just such a damn fun game and I want to play this online so bad. Heh. But thank you. Really. I bow to your sir.

pgrooveparry
12-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Oh that's awesome. Thanks a ton man. It was really troubling me because...it's just such a damn fun game and I want to play this online so bad. Heh. But thank you. Really. I bow to your sir.

No problem :drunk
Now go and stop that nuke !

Ryab the Pirate
12-13-2011, 12:14 AM
oh my GOSH i just came in here to find out if i was the only person gettttin the laaaaag trying to play peace walker online you guys are awesome thank you for the solution

snip3rwolf1337
12-13-2011, 12:21 AM
im ok no lag soo far

TECHNOxTRUCKER
12-15-2011, 06:34 PM
I feel your pain.

Here is how to fix it:

All im doing is deleting my profile because i dont have a flash drive. but what will happen to my save games?

pgrooveparry
12-15-2011, 07:56 PM
All im doing is deleting my profile because i dont have a flash drive. but what will happen to my save games?

Your save file is seperate from your profile. There is no need to touch your save file. All you should be doing is deleting your gamertag and recovering it.

LFClegend97
02-20-2012, 11:04 PM
If you do not want to risk losing your profile just put it on your pen drive then play while your profile is on the pen drive it is still a bit laggy but it is the safe option it lags a bit but you can still have fun on it

Solid Gally
03-01-2012, 01:55 AM

I invested a LOT of time in MGS4 Online (MGO).

The entire multiplayer ran on Konami's own servers and was in fact the laggiest game in the history of man. Seriously, those who haven't played it would be absolutely stunned to see it in action. It's of no surprise that the servers for MGO are being closed down this summer either.

The point being that 'Metal Gear' and 'Multiplayer' is always a disaster. Konami and Kojima Productions seem to have virtually no idea whatsoever when it comes to running a multiplayer game online. Peace Walker co-op and Versus modes are just as laggy as Metal Gear Online was.

For example every time I co-op I am prevented from getting an S-Rank because my character keeps saying "I knew you had it in you" (a 'special' co-ops comm), despite the fact that I am not making him say it.

The chances are that it's not your connection's fault; it's simply Konami's.
My advice regarding a 'fix' for the lag in Peace Walker would be; don't hold your breath.

Many MGO players waited for over 3 years to see the lag get 'fixed' whilst Konami simply ignored them.