PDA

View Full Version : Just recieved it, should I play it?

Spastic Moves
11-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Usually when I pre-order a game online, I recieve it a day early. I feel no pressure in playing it on the day because the UK release is a few days after worldwide release anyways.

But getting this 3 days early before the release date, and with all the hullabaloo surrounding CoD being played early, am I at risk if I play it?

PrinceOfThralls
11-12-2011, 10:55 AM
I wanna know too, because I just got my copy.
Feeld good man, and I wanna play it right now!
Damn who cares anyway, I'll play it offline co-op with my bro and I'll go online later.

surreal_82
11-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Played online coop with a friend last night got half way through the second level and the game just froze on both of us, nothing to do with consoles as menues even pause still worked... was spooky really lol!

Will play more today doubt they will do anything, we havent done anything wrong, the store has

owenstoodstill
11-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Mine is waiting at home for when I get back from work .... Is it safe .. IS IT SAFE !!!!!!!!!!???

Dramacydal
11-12-2011, 01:22 PM
Mine is waiting at home for when I get back from work .... Is it safe .. IS IT SAFE !!!!!!!!!!???

Yeah its ok. I'm online right now looking here for an co op partner

owenstoodstill
11-12-2011, 01:42 PM
A sicky is tempting lol

Dark Splank
11-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Got mine from Tesco last night and already blasted out every achievement except 3. Very good fun!

ajennice
11-12-2011, 03:49 PM
You can always play a legit copy online.. early or not with supposed no issues.BUT remember MS doesn't answer to you. They can ban you for anything and not tell you why, let you appeal your case, or even overturn the ban if you're NOT in the wrong.I always wait till street date to play mine online... but I play offline as soon as I bring them home.

TF003
11-12-2011, 04:01 PM
i've got my copy some minutes ago.
im explorer (forge) the new maps.
tomorrow i'm start the campagn

the action frampton
11-12-2011, 04:09 PM
For mine from shopto this morning which was a nice surprise. Will prob play it this evening after I finish MW3 on vet.

Asbo Hobo
11-12-2011, 07:20 PM
I spoke to an xbox support person about this when i got mine this morning . they said its fine as long as you dont use the redeem codes on the game till monday midnight, as they might not work till the actual release date other then that i played with my friend for ages split screen and had no problems.

and the Call of duty mess was because activition bitched about it.

Zim
11-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Generally speaking it's fine to play games a bit early. Microsoft can't really justify banning people for playing a game they bought legitimately but just happened to get it a few days early. Even Activision came out and said they wouldn't get people banned for playing legitimate copies early. I mean what would the logic be? You supported our company, gave us money but grrr you played the game a little early so you are banned.

You really only have to worry if it's an illegal copy.

Teh Phantomz
11-13-2011, 12:57 AM
I would jump all over that it isn't your fault you got it early so you have no reason to worry.

d0nkeytr0n
11-13-2011, 05:34 AM
got mine Saturday, played it online and redeemed all my pre-order codes with no problems.

ajennice
11-13-2011, 05:24 PM
for anyone who's saying play it early.. no issues.. Just remember if MS hits the ban button on you... It's not getting reversed.

I'll stick offline till it's officially out.

Not trying to talk anyone out of playing, just saying MS will not hear your complaint if you get a wrongful ban on this...

so.. there's always a small risk....real small

Zim
11-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Ajennice there really isn't even a small risk. This site even just wrote a piece on it

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news-2410-Broken-Street-Dates--Are-Bans-The-Answer-.html

Some choice quotes
''Microsoft, for its part, was open with us in regards to its policies. Enforcement of the Xbox Live service is primarily intended to stop piracy and abuse. With players of pre-release games, the company is only interested in bans for those it suspects to be running modded consoles and pirated games.''

''Put simply, if you legitimately buy an Xbox 360 game from a retailer early, there is no precedent to suggest you are in trouble, according to Microsoft.''

So really there is no chance of getting banned for playing a store bought copy of a game early. There has never been a single case of it happening. It's only if there has been modding, hacking etc. Or I guess maybe if the person played online months before release i.e. literally the day after the first batch of the game was produced.

If MS started banning people who legitimately bought the game it would be an utter PR disaster for them. The backlash against Activision when they simply talked about it (note they didn't actually do it at all) was pretty widespread through the gaming community and MS wouldn't want to risk that against themselves.

ajennice
11-14-2011, 04:34 AM
Good article ( serious.. no sarcasm).

Then fire away. My concern was that it was this time a few years ago when MS BOSATED about banning over a million owners (on the release of Mw2 and halo3)... I'm just lookingout for the fellow gamers. I know the 360's aren't cheap and if anything were to ahppen to a FAT owner like me it's WAAAY costly to get a new (slim) and replace my 250GB HDD. I wasn't trying to scare anyone off, just giving a heads up.. Peolpe (including the MS banning) systems can sometimes make mistakes..

If not for it being late nad me having to open tomorrow.. I'd hop on and run some myself.

x SL4YER x
11-14-2011, 08:04 PM
got mine from tesco to day thay have been seling it from friday on wards . what gives ?????

Bunglist
11-14-2011, 10:54 PM
I have enever once in the history oif Xbox heard of anyone ever getting banned for playing a legit copy early. I highly doubt they'll start banning people now.

ajennice
11-15-2011, 06:01 AM
I have enever once in the history oif Xbox heard of anyone ever getting banned for playing a legit copy early. I highly doubt they'll start banning people now.

Well that's beacuse MS never gives out reasons.. All they'll say is you violated the ToS/CoC. Just read the xbox forums under account bans/suspensions.. They'll never give you a concrete reason... and then once they give you a vague reply, they lock your thread so you can't argue it or attempt to prove them wrong..
If law enforcement said they never game tickets for speeding, but instead, told you that you just broke the rules, then you'd never hear of a speeding ticket....
All systems are falible.. I am sure than inthe MILLIONS of 360's out there, somone has gotten caught up in a wrongful ban in one form or another...

Like thge guy who lived in MT GAY.. Banned (account) him for profile content.. Though he provided MS with all the info they wouldn't overturn it for anything.. took news stories and the mayor writing to MS to get it INVESTIGATED, then overturned...