PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty

Ganondorf6667
11-13-2011, 01:43 AM
Just played the campaign on Legendary for a good 2 hours there. What the good almighty fuck is up with the dofficulty?! Some parts are completely impossible to do. I'm on a bit now on th level Halo where, you have to save about 7 Marines, the amount of enemies that come at you at once is just insane! Can anyone offer any tips on how to make it a little bit easier? I want to get the achievement for doing it on Legendary!

CouchOrnament
11-13-2011, 01:51 AM
Just played the campaign on Legendary for a good 2 hours there. What the good almighty fuck is up with the dofficulty?! Some parts are completely impossible to do. I'm on a bit now on th level Halo where, you have to save about 7 Marines, the amount of enemies that come at you at once is just insane! Can anyone offer any tips on how to make it a little bit easier? I want to get the achievement for doing it on Legendary!

Halo:CE on Legendary was actually something to brag about. Halo 2 got easier and so on. There isn't much you can do really.. Take out the Elites with the most armour first. They are the leaders, Grunts and Jackals will get disorganised and make your life a little easier. Welcome to real Legendary settings. :D

Dz06lt
11-13-2011, 02:05 AM
play in co-op

Zim
11-13-2011, 03:26 AM
Well generally the best thing to do is get a plasma pistol and a normal pistol. Pistol is still a single headshot on grunts and a charged plasma still takes out elite shields leaving them vulernable to a single shot.

Or the sniper rifle when available is ridiculously powerful due to how much ammo it can carry and a non-expanding reticule.

Twood015
11-13-2011, 03:30 AM
I hope its a challenge! I remember days when I would get so frustrated with games id break my controller... because the difficukty is so hard. Seems like games now days are too easy.

SuperSkyline89
11-13-2011, 03:35 AM
I hope its a challenge! I remember days when I would get so frustrated with games id break my controller... because the difficukty is so hard. Seems like games now days are too easy.

Or, since you're now older and smarter you're just better than you were back then.

I remember playing GTA III when it first came out on Xbox and I had to try several times to beat the Bomb Da Base mission, now I can do it and every mission in every Grand Theft Auto in my sleep.

Halo 3 was the first time I ever played Halo on anything higher than easy. It was the first time they had achievements so I finally had a reason to try. Having never tried before I found it very hard at first, but now I can handle Heroic like it's nothing special and Legendary is just about strategy.

lifeexpectancy
11-13-2011, 06:10 AM
Yeah CE Legendary isn't really hard at all if you use plasma pistol overcharge + pistol to take out elites. But good luck to you all the same. ;)

Nevander
11-13-2011, 09:02 AM
Easy (and cheap) solution:

Get Bandana skull.
Play in co-op.
Whore plasma pistol, rockets, and magnum.
Done.

Lol.

I will probably use this, not because I don't appreciate the challenge, but because I just want Legendary done and over with. I may try it legit sometime after.

lifeexpectancy
11-13-2011, 11:50 AM
Seriously you don't even need more than PP + Magnum. I just ran through Pillar of Autumn on legedary spamming plasma pistol on grunts and using PP EMP + magnum headshot to take down elites. Didn't take a single bar of health dmg; just backed off to regen shields when needed. Didn't pick up any health packs or overshields. Didn't die. If I'm not mistaken that's like 4 or 5 of the CEA achievements right there. CE isn't nearly as hard as people remember it being, and definately no more difficult than Halo 3/Reach.

Morgan Everett
11-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Legendary on Halo is easy. Since gameplay in Anniversary is unchanged, it's also easy here.

Ganondorf6667
11-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Legendary on Halo is easy. Since gameplay in Anniversary is unchanged, it's also easy here.

It isn't really, in some parts you just don't stand a chance. I tried for at least an hour last night at one bit, just couldn't do it. You need some real good tactics to beat it. Some of the amount of enemies at once is just insane. Legendary, you bastard.