PDA

View Full Version : A real review at 123kinect.com

ThatGuyTy
11-13-2011, 04:34 PM
I was really looking forward to this game and have been trying to find some gameplay videos for a while. Some video has finally shown up (other than the trailer) and a review at 123kinect.com

Pretty disappointing as they gave it a 3 out of 10.

http://123kinect.com/review/self-defense-training-camp/

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-13-2011, 11:52 PM
I was really looking forward to this game and have been trying to find some gameplay videos for a while. Some video has finally shown up (other than the trailer) and a review at 123kinect.com

Pretty disappointing as they gave it a 3 out of 10.

http://123kinect.com/review/self-defense-training-camp/

this is why you dont go by paid reviewers. they have to do 40 plus games in a month.

also i perfer reviews by actual gamers. they play them for hrs & then post.

most reviewers are anti kinect too. including this site. i'm sticking with my review & i know alot of people get back to me.

they like my reviews as i'm a gamer too.

bottomline play it to see if you like it or not. otherwise you could be missing out on a great game.

if your not sure then rent it. so far i like all my kinect titles. fun to play & stay in shape too

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-14-2011, 01:23 AM
ok i've just read this whole review. man is it ever off! please read my review & copy/paste it to 123kinect site.

this guy is way off base & here are some examples.

lmao you want to hurt them, thats the point! its the only way to get away.

punching & kicking to groin is just as effective on women as it is on men. anyone know of the clitorous?

also review has no mention of the holds used in the game. also states no real life situations. so i'll cover these in one blow.

wrist holds, grab from behind, grab from front, extra. hmmmm all seem real to me. because they are!

the menu works great,people all ages & sizes can learn this, the vast amount of vids covers important things like making a proper fist.theres no delay.all moves are broken down then done fluidly in 1 motion. tells you how to apply it to real life situation.

locking everything makes sense. you cant do a level 10 reflex without passing your 1st class.

this reviewer didnt put the effort,time,watching vids,extra to learn how to do this properly.

but hey dont believe me. i'm only a 2nd degree blackbelt in karate. this reviewer knows more because he reviews video games for a living.

had to laugh when he mentioned fruit ninja teaches you better than this game.

bottomline dont pay attention to this review. think of the source. it also came across as anouther " i dont want to get off the couch " reviews. read mine then read this one. go rent it & post your review. thanks for your time & please ignore this reviewer!

FunkSoulStrange
11-14-2011, 03:19 AM
Panic, what is the clitorous???? never heard of it!

As for the game, I think its pretty good, not as glowing a review as Panic but its enjoyable. I'm gonna play some more and see how I like it. Also the achievements pop pretty fast and easy!

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-14-2011, 04:11 AM
ya i'm using the wii so my spelling & such may be off lol.

my point is simple. if you click the link & read this review. you'll get the wrong impression of this game. its ment to teach self defense not martial arts!

hey funk how the heck are you?

so you have this? if so what do you honestly think?

i dont get why this would get this low of a score. the reviewer totally didnt get the idea of this lol.

FunkSoulStrange
11-14-2011, 04:20 AM
I need to play some more. We got a midnight opening tomorrow so I wont get to play again still Tuesday but I'll try to get some serious time in before I return it.

Edit: I played some more, tried most of the game modes and I'm thinking about picking it up. Its not perfect and could benefit from some better detection but still enjoyable.

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-14-2011, 10:33 PM
i'm getting winter stars tomorrow :)

FunkSoulStrange
11-15-2011, 06:44 AM
You got me on Winter Sports.. I have not heard of it and I'm pretty sure it doesn't come out tomorrow.

PANIC ATTACK 10
11-18-2011, 09:53 PM
You got me on Winter Sports.. I have not heard of it and I'm pretty sure it doesn't come out tomorrow.

winter stars not sports ;) but ebgames still doesnt have it. i might have to goto toys R us lol.