PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who hasn't played the original game?

iDementedi
11-14-2011, 11:49 PM
At the the time of the original Halo Combat Evolved, I had a PS2, so I never had the chance to play this game. Now that i saw it was coming to the Xbox 360, I am excited to finally get to play it! It seems like everybody else has already played it on the original Xbox though. Am I the only one who hasn't?

Mister Buds
11-14-2011, 11:57 PM
i'm one of the few that hasn't played it. when it first came out i was pretty young and never had an original xbox. looking forward to it though.

Teh Phantomz
11-15-2011, 12:00 AM
You guys are in for a real treat :)

xxJUSTINxx
11-15-2011, 12:14 AM
I played it on the PC which was a hell of a lot better.

The mods for it <3 Flying a Pelican. <3<3

LickableLemons7
11-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Both of you can look forward to some super happy fun times now! I don't think either of you will be disappointed, as long as you don't know how the campaign goes... I nearly pissed myself when I first played. I think I was around 12...or 13? The campaign still feels fresh and a new experience every time I replay it with myself or a mutual hoe.

joshua777777
11-15-2011, 01:07 AM
I can't believe it, I must have been 8 when I played it. Also I can't believe that I completed it on legendary at that age :D

10 years ago :) happy days.

BSG Viper Jock
11-15-2011, 02:08 AM
Best FPS campaign ever in terms of story and gameplay.

tripleb2k
11-15-2011, 02:53 AM
I've never played it so I'm pretty excited to play it, FINALLY.
However, the Library sounds tough so I'm not looking forward to that :P

DEG23
11-15-2011, 03:02 AM
I'm starting to feel old reading all these posts:p

I was in my final years at high school so i didn't have a lot of time for gaming but i always found the time to try and beat the campaign on legendary. Too bad i never finished the library, that one elite skull icon missing from the level select screen annoyed me.

I always vowed that one day i would return and beat the campaign on legendary, and every Halo game since has been my training, bring on the challenge.:Bounce:

Vindicator51
11-15-2011, 03:05 AM
I think i played it when it was shown off in EBgames or something. You're not the only one though, because i haven't played it seriously before.

IceBlox
11-15-2011, 04:02 AM
What?!?!?!?!?!

rekikire
11-15-2011, 04:26 AM
Nope, I haven't played it either, the only halo I've played was ODST and that was only a couple of months ago.

ajennice
11-15-2011, 05:49 AM
Only pisser is that if you've played it and the rest fo the series, the shock factor is completely deflated this time around.. you know what happens and hell you may remember routes to take. I remember bitching out loud on some maps not knowing what to do, where to go, or backtracking. Some of the boards are "wide open linear".. You'll overlook a red door that you can pass thru (most are green lighted), overlook a control panel that opperates something, or just get confused because some of the areas (esp once you get back to the PoA) look the same..

I wen thru on normal forst go throu for the terminals and skulls. Tomorrow, I'm going co-op through on Leg.
I remember it being more fun, but alot of games have come out since then.. Not my fave in the series, but still enjoyable

Spiider
11-15-2011, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately I missed out when it came out on Xbox. (I was a PS2 guy)

He15man
11-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I remember my friends playing it when i was young, never had an Xbox then so i couldn't play it.

Played Halo 2 and beyond, looking forward to this one.

Andreas_loel
11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
At the the time of the original Halo Combat Evolved, I had a PS2, so I never had the chance to play this game. Now that i saw it was coming to the Xbox 360, I am excited to finally get to play it! It seems like everybody else has already played it on the original Xbox though. Am I the only one who hasn't?

I also had a PS2 when Halo CE came out, i still beat it on all difficulties thanks to my friend having the xbox was easily the most amazing game ive played back then. And the reason why i got my own xbox

And you had 10 years should had played it in that time, i still got my copy on my shelf

DemoMCN
11-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Nope, never played the original.
Also had PS2 when it came out, i played some halo (2 i think) when i was in army and couple of guys brought xbox with them from weekend holidays..

CMCX360
11-15-2011, 07:51 PM
I have played and beat the campaign of EVERY Halo game except this one. Can't wait to finally give it a go and complete the Halo story.

DTwirler
11-15-2011, 10:18 PM
I never played it either. Only Halo game I haven't played. Until today, that is. ;)

prezskroob
11-15-2011, 10:25 PM
I'm glad that all of you who never played it because you had PS2 at the time have finally seen the light and come to the XBOX. However, everyone who is saying that they were 8, 9, 10 years old when the game first came out are making me feel old; I was 20 when it came out.

iamtfc
11-15-2011, 11:45 PM
I only played the first level back in the day. I wasn't too impressed.

I've played and finished all other Halo games, though. So, I've been looking forward to this.

natsuye
11-16-2011, 12:00 AM
I was in Game Animation school when the original Halo came out. I remember half the school booking the projector screen rooms so they can play Halo on a big screen.

I actually hated Halo back then, but ended up starting getting interested about it when 3 came out. So now I'm giving it a try :)

bblcreator8790
11-16-2011, 12:48 AM
Wow, it's hard to believe so many here haven't played this before. I have played this - I was in 9th grade when it came out, awesome game.

DStyles
11-16-2011, 12:57 AM
as an OG XBox head I am happy to see a 10th anniversary edition.

I still have the OG version along with Halo 2.

Motorexskygtr32
11-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Guys, dont be a shocker that people never play Halo back in xbox days. You have to remember that a lot of people back then had PS2 so having an xbox was in minority.

A lot of my friends and people who I knew back then had PS2 in 2001 when I was 19. I didnt realized when you guys said, I was too young back then when Halo came out....that made me feel like OLD, lol.

Personally, I only knew a guy who had an xbox and Halo 1 and 2 games unfortunately. I really didn't had a chance to play Xbox, let say that I'm a PS1-PS2 guy.

Now, I finally have a chance to play Halo:CE!

CouchOrnament
11-16-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm starting to feel old reading all these posts:p

I was in my final years at high school so i didn't have a lot of time for gaming but i always found the time to try and beat the campaign on legendary. Too bad i never finished the library, that one elite skull icon missing from the level select screen annoyed me.

I always vowed that one day i would return and beat the campaign on legendary, and every Halo game since has been my training, bring on the challenge.:Bounce:

I know what you mean. I was 22 when Halo first came out. Reading about some of these guys who were 8 when it came out makes me feel ancient. 10 years really goes by too fast when you get older.

Back then, Library took me at least 5 hours to beat on legendary. (the rest was hard but not anger inducing) We may not have had achievements then, but hell, did I feel like I could take on the world after that.

When you beat it on Legendary now, you are going to be doing something your 10 year younger self couldn't do. Chaulk one up to the old men.

Dz06lt
11-16-2011, 02:07 AM
I never played it either

xxfatty addyxx
11-16-2011, 03:49 AM
Unless u were 5 when the original came out, i don't see how you couldn't play this game. It brought good fps to consoles accelerated the xbox market.

ZedChuva
11-16-2011, 06:26 AM

Nope. Honestly, never even heard of Halo until I got a 360 (PS/PS2 guy), and the urging of a bunch of Halo fanboys. "Dude, get a 360 for Halo 3 alone... totally worth it!" I balked, then caved and picked up a 360 (for Modern Warfare), grabbed Halo 3 and thought, "WTF is all the fuss about? This game is boring as shit." I was then yelled at by all the fanboys about how, "You've gotta play the first 2 to get into it." Sorry, if that's the case, then it's a shitty game.

Halo 3 bored me. ODST I enjoyed more. Reach sucked balls. If Halo CE isn't at least good, I'm punching every Halo fanboy in the face. I've been told over and over it's the best of the series... we'll see.

CaptFrost
11-16-2011, 11:49 AM
I played it on the PC which was a hell of a lot better.

The mods for it <3 Flying a Pelican. <3<3
Ditto. I have probably around a thousand hours on Halo: CE, but I have actually NEVER played the Xbox version. Not even for 1 second. It's always been either the Mac version or the PC version.

I will say playing it on the 360 is pretty different with the much lower resolution and framerate, even in classic mode. :p

That and I can't fight or drive half as well with thumbsticks, but I expected that... thumbsticks can never compete with a mouse.

CaptFrost
11-16-2011, 11:52 AM
Nope. Honestly, never even heard of Halo until I got a 360 (PS/PS2 guy), and the urging of a bunch of Halo fanboys. "Dude, get a 360 for Halo 3 alone... totally worth it!" I balked, then caved and picked up a 360 (for Modern Warfare), grabbed Halo 3 and thought, "WTF is all the fuss about? This game is boring as shit." I was then yelled at by all the fanboys about how, "You've gotta play the first 2 to get into it." Sorry, if that's the case, then it's a shitty game.

Halo 3 bored me. ODST I enjoyed more. Reach sucked balls. If Halo CE isn't at least good, I'm punching every Halo fanboy in the face. I've been told over and over it's the best of the series... we'll see.
I hated Halo 2, was ambivalent toward Halo 3, generally liked ODST, and while I like Reach's campaign, I have a love/hate relationship with the MP... I would probably like it a huge degree more if you spawned with the AR and pistol in all gametypes and not the DMR, and Armor Abilities didn't exist.

With that said, IMO Halo: CE stomps all its sequels right down into the dust, both in the campaign and the multiplayer.

Walecs360
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
This is tecnically my first Halo game. One friend of mine gave me Halo 3 last summer, but my Xbox 360 broke the disc two days later. One month ago a friend of mine gave me his Halo: Reach copy, but it wasn't a gift, just a loan. Today I bought this, that is my first real Halo game.

kyboy
11-16-2011, 07:52 PM
ive never played any halo until halo reach... an im glad my friend convinced me to try it... its alot of fun, ill be pickin this up sometime this month..

Opiate42
11-16-2011, 07:56 PM
You guys are in for a real treat :)

Beyond.

I was 22 when I first played Halo CE.

It was an epiphany.

TerrorfirmerIE
11-16-2011, 08:15 PM
It's a shame if you never played before, because revisiting it in HD is one of the most awesomely nostalgic feelings I've ever had. Switching the engine is simply amazing, I'm constantly comparing and surprised at how dated it looks, though what else could you expect from a 10 year old console game. I was the only person when I was younger that owned an Xbox, but everyone without exception loved Halo, both co-op and multiplayer, all most are now die hard Halo fans themselves. Man, the amount of times we'd be up until 6am playing split screen Blood Gulch.

DayV3d
11-16-2011, 08:50 PM
I remember playing HaloCE...CE? on the pc for the first time, as it was announced for the pc at first. after that, i went to a friend, we played coop, and the next thing i remember was 8 player system link MAYHEM on blood gulch and that icy lake map with tanks... the game just felt right with a controler, and i was sold.

Oh, and since i read "Am i the only one..."
its just a joke, but as soon as i read that line i remembered this one here:)
http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/74/74779.jpg
yeah, funny australians and their offensive humor :confused:

MixMaker1
11-16-2011, 10:24 PM
I LOVE the Anniversary playlists for Reach. Makes Reach the BEST MP game with the new (well.. old) maps and the tweaked gameplay. DMR is outperformed by the amazing Halo 1-esque pistol and the maps are amazing; even WITH armor abilities on the maps alternate version for accommodating AA's.

dotCody
11-17-2011, 12:16 AM
Nope, I also owned a PS2 when Halo came out so I never had a chance to play it either.

ll Dem3nted ll
11-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Regardless of age this is still one of the best experiences I have had all year.