PDA

View Full Version : Radio Stations

SpinelesS
11-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Is there any way to listen to radio stations outside of a car?

I want some music playing while I go all two-gun on everyone

ColdSpider72
11-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Sure and here's how:

- Stand up

- Walk to nearest music source (stereo, MP3 player, internet radio, X360 HDD)

- Hit power 'on' switch (for last music option listed, hit guide button and select 'music library')

- Rock on!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, the character now has a MP3 player on him so you can play tunes from that.

rattrap007
11-16-2011, 12:57 AM
no way to listen to them outside this time that I know of.

ColdSpider72
11-16-2011, 01:20 AM
no way to listen to them outside this time that I know of.

You must have missed the bold print at the bottom of my post above you.

SpinelesS
11-16-2011, 01:48 AM
Do you get the mp3 player after a few missions or something? (I complete all the extra stuff, and then work on the main missions)

mjc0961
11-16-2011, 02:25 AM
The phone has a "music" app, which seems to imply you can play music from it, but it just lets you disable radio stations you don't want and make a custom list of songs like you could in the last two games. If there's a way to play songs from it on foot, I can't find it. :(

Oh well, thankfully this is Xbox 360, so you can always play music from your HDD or streamed off a computer if you want.

ColdSpider72
11-16-2011, 03:41 AM
I got that info from one of the reviews I was reading. I'll edit this post with the link if I remember which site it was.

EDIT: well of course I can't find the info anywhere now. I don't remember how I stumbled upon it before....I may have found a link to some random review on another site. I know the reviewer specifically mentioned playing music while outside the vehicle. If I'm mistaken or the reviewer was just guessing, then I apologize.

SpinelesS
11-16-2011, 07:24 AM
I really don't see why its not a possibility. I wouldn't even mind having to go into my phone menu to change stations, hell I would even wear a stupid set of headphones. :)

rand0mblack6uy
11-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Sure and here's how:

- Stand up

- Walk to nearest music source (stereo, MP3 player, internet radio, X360 HDD)

- Hit power 'on' switch (for last music option listed, hit guide button and select 'music library')

- Rock on!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Seriously though, the character now has a MP3 player on him so you can play tunes from that.

I am liking that idea haha

radioactivez0r
11-16-2011, 03:54 PM
I was wandering around last night across the street from the first crib, and the weirdest thing happened. I could hear a guy (I guess a DJ?) talking about how lame I was playing a video game and then music started. If I walked too far in one direction, it cut off immediately. I looked around but couldn't find an actual source...it was odd.

ColdSpider72
11-17-2011, 01:07 AM
Did you check the crib to see if the TV was on?

SpinelesS
11-17-2011, 04:10 AM
I was wandering around last night across the street from the first crib, and the weirdest thing happened. I could hear a guy (I guess a DJ?) talking about how lame I was playing a video game and then music started. If I walked too far in one direction, it cut off immediately. I looked around but couldn't find an actual source...it was odd.

I have had that occur a couple times as well. I think its a vehicle clipped into the floor and your hearing its radio or something like that. That or there are speakers somewhere that I couldn't see.

ColdSpider72
11-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I found the review that mentions playing MP3s on the phone:

http://gamerant.com/saints-row-3-reviews-johnj-116167/

Here is an excerpt:

"..Volition has included a handy cell phone for the main character – it’s not a Niko Bellic styled T-9, but rather a ‘touch screen’ interface with apps for buying Improvements, calling homies, starting missions, checking the map and playing MP3′s"

Obviously not a well known site so they may be talking out of their ass.

DMpimp13
11-17-2011, 01:10 PM
You were able to in the first Saints. I don't know why they took it out