PDA

View Full Version : No pre-order codes from Gamestop?

tripleb2k
11-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Anybody else go into Gamestop/EB Games to buy their copy today and find out THQ didn't send them the Pre-order codes they promised?
Just want to know if it was my store alone, a regional thing (live in Ontario), or just all around.
I wouldn't call it a fail, but it's a disappointment. Hate not getting what I was promised and paid for :P

killergp123
11-15-2011, 04:57 PM
Anybody else go into Gamestop/EB Games to buy their copy today and find out THQ didn't send them the Pre-order codes they promised?
Just want to know if it was my store alone, a regional thing (live in Ontario), or just all around.
I wouldn't call it a fail, but it's a disappointment. Hate not getting what I was promised and paid for :P
I went to the midnight at a store in Chicago area, and it had the pre-order code printed on the receipt.

Int3rnalF3ar
11-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Yeah, mine was on the receipt.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
11-15-2011, 05:24 PM

I live in Ontario and haven't picked mines up yet. Did they say they will still get it? I'm sure when they get it, you can just bring your receipt back and grab it. Receipt should show you pre-ordered it.

tripleb2k
11-15-2011, 05:24 PM
I went to the midnight at a store in Chicago area, and it had the pre-order code printed on the receipt.

They don't do that here. We usually get it separately on a card or slip (like the ones that come in games for pre-order exclusives).
Guess I'll just have to wait and shoot people out of a cannon later *tear*

tripleb2k
11-15-2011, 05:25 PM
I live in Ontario and haven't picked mines up yet. Did they say they will still get it? I'm sure when they get it, you can just bring your receipt back and grab it. Receipt should show you pre-ordered it.

Later today or tomorrow. I'll just wait and call them tomorrow before heading over. Hopefully it's sorted.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
11-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Later today or tomorrow. I'll just wait and call them tomorrow before heading over. Hopefully it's sorted.

You can always try calling a different location to see if it's all around or just your store. I would be pissed too.

Son of Kyuss
11-15-2011, 06:52 PM
I just picked up my copy (I also live in Ontario, Mississauga to be exact) and Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pack was included inside the case itself.

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
11-15-2011, 06:54 PM
I just picked up my copy (I also live in Ontario, Mississauga to be exact) and Professor Genki's Hyper Ordinary Pack was included inside the case itself.

This is messed up. So some people in Ontario gets it in the case and some gets it loose?
Was you game cover different?

Son of Kyuss
11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
This is messed up. So some people in Ontario gets it in the case and some gets it loose?

I don't know whether it's a retailer specific problem or not. The Gamestop I went to had a sticker for Professor Genki's Pack on the front of every pre-ordered copy while the non pre-order copies they keep on the shelf behind them didn't have anything.

Octarine
11-15-2011, 06:57 PM
I live in Kitchener, Ontario and the same thing happened here. The EB Games manager explained to me that their shipment claimed the code was in the individual game cases, but they were actually just the normal cases. They're just waiting on the codes from the company.

In a related note, EB Games screwed up my pre-order and had me down for a different game, so I may not be getting my pre-order code now. :mad:

enilson
11-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Every retailer said the code was "in box". I ordered from Amazon - and there's no code inside. Looking at the Saints Row forums - looks like many others are in the same boat from many different retailers. THQ needs to fix this. Their customer support # is busy right now - gee, wonder why . . .

tripleb2k
11-15-2011, 10:22 PM
I live in Kitchener, Ontario and the same thing happened here. The EB Games manager explained to me that their shipment claimed the code was in the individual game cases, but they were actually just the normal cases. They're just waiting on the codes from the company.

In a related note, EB Games screwed up my pre-order and had me down for a different game, so I may not be getting my pre-order code now. :mad:

I live in London Ont. Funny because the EB games shipment facility is located in Brampton or Burlington. No reason why someone in Mississauga should get it while others don't. That's just bizarre!!!

MikeydCT
11-15-2011, 11:15 PM
did anyone pre order from Toys r us? I dont see a pre order code anywhere

Mr Wafu
11-15-2011, 11:32 PM
I'm in Australia and the guy at EBgames thought it was in the box (it wasn't), going to go back and ask for it today. A friend working at Game says theirs is separate.

headdragon
11-15-2011, 11:50 PM
Mine was in Box. My Box had a Professor Genki sticker on it...

Joel78
11-16-2011, 12:23 AM
I'm in Australia and the guy at EBgames thought it was in the box (it wasn't), going to go back and ask for it today. A friend working at Game says theirs is separate.

Yeah I ordered online from EB and it wasn't there, have sent them a message but with their customer support I don't expect to hear back for a few weeks.

JKSullivan
11-16-2011, 12:56 AM
I didn't get one with my Amazon pre-order, but a quick live chat with one of their support people fixed it - they just gave me the code over the chat, and I've confirmed it works.

FeJ
11-16-2011, 02:41 AM
I seen a Professor Genki dlc code go for $46 on ebay today, another couple went for $30+. What the F are people thinking?

o I Dj King I O
11-16-2011, 04:39 AM
Same here, I figured it'd be in the case. It wasn't, gotta go to EB Tomorrow and try to obtain it, I want my Human Firing Truck!

Ultim874
11-16-2011, 06:15 AM
For the online-Pass it is inside the case
For the Prof. Genki it is on the finalize receipt
{for those went to Eb/Game stop}

I would of miss Prof. Genki code if I did look for the gamestop survey thing

P.S. Screw:uzi: Best Buy for only one to give out the posters at the midnite release I was fifth in line at game stop and the the second one to pick up the saints. so crew them!!

Kelorin
11-16-2011, 06:44 AM
For me it was Best Buy in Kanata, ON. No pre-order codes on separate cards. No stickers on the case...

kdrcraig
11-16-2011, 01:23 PM
For me it was Best Buy in Kanata, ON. No pre-order codes on separate cards. No stickers on the case...

Yeah I pre-ordered from a Best Buy in Pennsylvania and didn't get the Genki pre-order codes. Gonna send them an email.

UnholyShinigami
11-16-2011, 01:57 PM
I did not pre-order because i thinked the Genki DLC was not worth it.. But when i went to GameStop to pick up SR3 it looked like all the SR3 games they got had the Genki DLC because all games i could see had a Genki sticker on it.. And they had like 3 rows with this game...

The Genki DLC came on a DLC card inside the game-case and the Online Pass is on the backside of the manual..

Delirium1138
11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
I live in London Ont. Funny because the EB games shipment facility is located in Brampton or Burlington. No reason why someone in Mississauga should get it while others don't. That's just bizarre!!!

I'm also from London Ont. And I did not receive any code with my game. I'm going to see if they have the codes in a few days.

DarkCrown
11-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I didn't get my code , I pickup my game in a Ebgame in Quebec.

They said they didn't have the code , I called them back today and they still don't have it.

They order it and shall have them in 2-3 days. gggrrr

tripleb2k
11-16-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm also from London Ont. And I did not receive any code with my game. I'm going to see if they have the codes in a few days.

I bought my from Victoria Plaza (Commissioners and Wellingtion) and they have them in stock now. So whichever store you bought it from, try that.

Well it's seems to be a very random situation. It's very very strange! THQ did a pretty bad job with this.

Illicit
11-16-2011, 07:30 PM
I didn't get one with my Amazon pre-order, but a quick live chat with one of their support people fixed it - they just gave me the code over the chat, and I've confirmed it works.

Same here. Took about 2 mins. gotta love Amazon.
I'm glad I didn't just say screw it and start the game because that Mollusk Launcher is awesome.

Mikeyspinkick
11-16-2011, 07:32 PM
I work for Gamestop and I can tell you, every copy I sold had it on the receipt.

It may just be a Canada thing, who knows?

tripleb2k
11-16-2011, 08:29 PM
I work for Gamestop and I can tell you, every copy I sold had it on the receipt.

It may just be a Canada thing, who knows?

EB Games was bought out by Gamestop a few years ago. EB Games Canada still does things differently, this must be one of them because most times, we get them separately. Having it printed on the receipt would be a better process.

Whatever, I got mine now after bringing my receipt to the store. Guess they were emailed enough codes for the pre-order. They just cut it out from the paper and taped it to my receipt. Very high tech lol

vVISLAYERIVv
11-17-2011, 12:17 AM
same thing for Australian EB games. I even rang up and the girl gave me a 12 digit code... I was thinking to my self that aren't all codes 25 digit. alas the code didn't work. I want my genki's

Twigleaf
11-17-2011, 02:06 AM
I know everyone has rehashed it over and over, but you "should" have gotten some form of pre-order bonus code. It is not inside the game, and like everyone has said, they either give it to you as a card at the store, or its printed on a receipt. Even though EBGames in Canada may be lagging with the names, the standard Operandi, SOP, should still be the same.... code on receipt if purchased in store. If you have the reciept, and its not there, I am sure they will give you a code. The stores generally are good at doing that if you can prove you didn't get it. That said, if you ever buy online through the Gamestop website (or EBG), you may only get the codes emailed to you 75% of the time if lucky. They use the phrase " While supplies last " as a Last Supper request almost even if you call them up complaining. Online customers tend to get screwed a LOT from Gamestop in my opinion. Its as if they are lazy on getting the codes out via email. I can't count how many times I have had to complain over the phone about getting a pre-order code from Gamestop. 90% of the time, I will eventually get it, but I have to spend a couple hours on the phone, then wait 2 to 5 days for a supervisor to approve it. I know its not an email issue either, because about 75% of the time, I do get the emails with the pre-order codes. But 1 in 4 games missing a preorder is pretty bad. I know this may sound like a rant, but its mainly to warn people about Gamestop and their online sales practices. Buying from a store is almost fullproof if you check receipt before you leave, and get a refund easily. Online is a different ball of wax.

I GOWDIABLO I
11-17-2011, 04:36 AM
i went to gamestops midnight release and i got my genki code inside my case also....got the second dlc code with my LE guide also...so i have all of my codes =)

RUSH514
11-17-2011, 08:44 AM
Im in canada...and the code wasent in the box or on the receipt either

Shinty
11-17-2011, 11:42 AM
May I ask what was the preorder code suppose to be?
I've gotten mine from Gamestop and I didn't get anything on my receipt, but I did get a code in the box but with what people are saying I don't know what the "pre order" code is and what code I should've gotten with the game itself.

Downsize
11-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Preordered my copy at Best Buy. Got the double pack for 10 bucks and my Super Genki DLC e-mailed and printed on receipt.

ColdSpider72
11-17-2011, 03:18 PM
May I ask what was the preorder code suppose to be?
I've gotten mine from Gamestop and I didn't get anything on my receipt, but I did get a code in the box but with what people are saying I don't know what the "pre order" code is and what code I should've gotten with the game itself.

All of the advertising/videos/stories/previews/threads on this site, in the Gamestop store and elsewhere and you don't even know what the preorder content is? And didn't ask them in the store when you picked it up?

Sorry, but....wow.

It is DLC that relates to the Professor Genki character in the game. You get an outfit, octupus gun and a truck that can launch people across the screen. There should be a sticker on your copy of the game that advertises it.

Shinty
11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
All of the advertising/videos/stories/previews/threads on this site, in the Gamestop store and elsewhere and you don't even know what the preorder content is? And didn't ask them in the store when you picked it up?

Sorry, but....wow.

It is DLC that relates to the Professor Genki character in the game. You get an outfit, octupus gun and a truck that can launch people across the screen. There should be a sticker on your copy of the game that advertises it.

If that's what it is... all of that is actually printed on my box for SRIII.
It's not a sticker.
So I guess I did get it.

Spepo
11-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I got the genki stuff from just buying the game.

Venom01
11-25-2011, 06:09 PM
I got my copy at the ebgames on southdown rd. In Mississauga (Ontario Canada) and the guy behind the counter said right away he didn't have the codes and to try back later. Well they still don't have them as of today and have no clue of what's going on with them.