PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question RE:- Animus Island

jack3auer
11-16-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi

I got the game yesterday and played some of the awesome multiplayer, i loved it in brotherhood and this seems just as fun.

I started the SP and got to the bit where you tail the templars, after that i decided i had done enough for the night and went to the menu. I noticed a "Return to Animus Island" option. What is that for? presumably i walk around as desmond, is this neccessary like in brotherhood where you had to get out of the animus, to get that one achievement or do the "desmond sequences" occur as natural progression of the story and i dont ever need to go "return to animus island" any clues?

rekikire
11-16-2011, 08:54 AM
The desmond sequences do not occur as a natural progression of the story, they unlock when you collect a certain number of collectibles.

FSparacino4
11-16-2011, 09:00 AM
As you obtain the animus fragment collectibles you will open up the "Desmond Sequences" located at the top of the hill on Animus Island. The first one requires 5 fragments to gain access.

jack3auer
11-16-2011, 09:57 AM
oh ok thanks, so the "return to animus island" option is for when i have enough fragments and feel like doing them. thats fine thanks for your help everyone.

whats the general consensus then, better than brotherhood? i thought brotherhood was the best one yet and as each game has improved on the last, hopefully this one does too?

SiyusNL
11-16-2011, 11:32 AM
This game is alot of fun yet there is not much difference from Brotherhood, just some extra gadgets.

Returning to the island and playing Desmond's Sequences unlocks an achievement for each Sequence you play, dont know if you want them but they are soo lame.. :p

mcintoish
11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
i take it you can do these after you have finished the main story or can you not return to the island?

rekikire
11-16-2011, 12:50 PM
You can do everything after you finish the main story if you want.

mcintoish
11-16-2011, 01:01 PM
cool. thank you

FSparacino4
11-16-2011, 02:45 PM
oh ok thanks, so the "return to animus island" option is for when i have enough fragments and feel like doing them. thats fine thanks for your help everyone.

whats the general consensus then, better than brotherhood? i thought brotherhood was the best one yet and as each game has improved on the last, hopefully this one does too?

While this game doesn't add much, I feel that you can't get too much of a good thing. The new Den Defense mini-game, bomb crafting, Desmond sequencea and the improved Templar Tower system are enough to make the game feel fresh. Plus the story in AC is always superb!