PDA

View Full Version : the main character

demonizer_andy
11-16-2011, 10:55 AM
ok everyone seems to think its the oldish guy, i dont think its vercetti but i could be wrong but that doesnt fit the GTA logic, i also dont think this is the main guy, niko and GTA4 didnt go down too well with fans, wether it be he was foreign, wether it was he did come across as a older figure, and wether the game just stripped all fun from GTA it didnt work too well, now this guy looks like he is in his mid to late 50's so i think this would put alot of people off and also wouldnt fit the GTA universe, someone that old doing stunts on a bike n running around vaulting over fences running from the cops, sure the guy would keel over with a heart attack after a short burst of sprinting lol, unless of course they are going down the even more serious route and rebranding GTA as a more realistic feel from now on, which isnt great if im honest in my eyes...

personally from things iv read i think the main guy is gonna be the latino american guy with the shaved head we see briefly, this was said early on that the main lead would be a young latin american male so would be more fitting to the gang style etc, maybe you end up working for the older guy, or maybe its somebody we aint seen yet i dunno, but my moneys on the latino, whats your thoughts...

InsaneKane87
11-16-2011, 11:11 AM
Oldish guy ? Are you talking about the one who looks like the guy from Dead Rising ? The side shot of him atleast reminds me of him.

Well we all know there will be gangs, earlier this year it was said R* hired alot of people to play gang members etc. I thought at first a black guy like CJ, but I certainly cant see it being a white guy. Who knows tho it could be two people we play as, as the rumor was we might play as multiple people. I don't see Tommy or CJ returning seeing as those games were based in 70's 80's ?

demonizer_andy
11-16-2011, 11:13 AM
tommy was 80s and cj was 90s the guy who played cj has been voice cast, i dont think multiple people would fit really, unless you can do a mass effect style character customization so you are whoever by name but you can change skin colour etc would be completely different n not too difficult

Metalligav
11-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I'd love to see Samuel L. Jackson back as Tenpenny, but this time as the chief of police or the mayor and still just as corrupt.

bblcreator8790
11-17-2011, 12:22 AM
It's highly unlikely that any older characters from the GTA III games (III, VC, SA) or GTA IV will return in GTA V. Rockstar stated that GTA IV was set in a different timeline/universe from GTA III, which was why no previous characters made a return and Liberty City was completely different from GTA III, so it's likely the same will apply for GTA V. I honestly believe the similarities between the characters in the trailer and GTA III/IV characters were nothing more than easter eggs to get fans talking.

demonizer_andy
11-17-2011, 09:34 AM
It's highly unlikely that any older characters from the GTA III games (III, VC, SA) or GTA IV will return in GTA V. Rockstar stated that GTA IV was set in a different timeline/universe from GTA III, which was why no previous characters made a return and Liberty City was completely different from GTA III, so it's likely the same will apply for GTA V. I honestly believe the similarities between the characters in the trailer and GTA III/IV characters were nothing more than easter eggs to get fans talking.

claude appeared in san andreas and im sure i remember 8ball being in GTA4

and let us not forget lazlow lol

MediumMelanin
11-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, same here, I think it'll be the darker skinned person who we will take over...but then again, it also says that there's more than one playable character!

Frasr
11-17-2011, 04:58 PM
fake?

http://www.gufuyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/1321500689239-600x450.jpg

Barad
11-18-2011, 12:03 AM
fake?

http://www.gufuyourself.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/1321500689239-600x450.jpg

WOW where the hell did you get that from? the minimap looks real but not sure :L

bblcreator8790
11-18-2011, 12:34 AM
claude appeared in san andreas and im sure i remember 8ball being in GTA4

and let us not forget lazlow lol

All of the GTA III era games (III, VC, and SA) were set in the same universe, much like GTA IV, Lost and the Damned, and Ballad of Gay Tony, so that's why they showed up there - 8ball was not in GTA IV as far as I can remember, and there's nothing about it on the GTA Wiki. Lazlow is true though, but I guess they don't count radio show characters.

demonizer_andy
11-18-2011, 09:32 AM
im sure 8ball was, his garage/bomb shop deffo was in there, the picture is from a link i posted in another topic, its been proved to be fake its a GTA4 mod