PDA

View Full Version : Emu Destruction Challenge Tip

ScottPilgrim
11-16-2011, 04:33 PM
If you're wondering how to complete the Emu destruction challenge without always having to keep an eye out for those silly little cars, here are a couple easy ways to handle it.

1.) Wait for a survival call that says mascots are attacking the Let's Pretend (FYI, wait to do all of your survival calls until you've leveled up your character to invincibility from everything). Mascots show up in scooters, golf carts, and Emus. Since you'll probably have infinite grenades at this point, just keep chucking them at every Emu that comes your way.

2.) One of the vehicle challenges asks you to hunt down an Emu. Head to the neighborhood where the Emus will come along and instead of stealing it, just keep destroying them. It takes longer than option 1, but it's more reliable since option 1 is called in at random.

I beat the game last week (I was sent a review copy) and so I've figured out a bunch of stuff so feel free to ask me for any tips on how to accomplish certain challenges (although most of them are easy to figure out on your own).

k1ll1ng5pr33
11-16-2011, 05:42 PM
Or, collect one, get it to your garage, infinite emu's!

headdragon
11-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Is there a way to get the taunt challenge after you took over the whole city?

siderinc
11-17-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm not sure don't think so cause they are no more, with some of the assassination mission you have a small change but it's better to get an early safe and do it, that's what I did when I noticed there where no more enemy's

ProLez
11-17-2011, 12:37 AM

You just made his whole tip useless haha, some things are so obvious that people dont see it.

But nice finds anyway both of you.

spxyu02
11-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Is there a way to get the taunt challenge after you took over the whole city?

Even after taking over the whole city, there are still plenty of gang members walking around on the street, and you'll always have survival missions to do them on as well. You could probably also replay Snatch challenges and the like where you can get out of your vehicle and flick-off some bad guys :-)

I'm just having trouble getting them to register. I'll walk up to a group of 2-3 opposing gang members on the street, do my throat-slit taunt, but often I get no response. I suck. Sorry for going off topic.

Aiden 514
11-18-2011, 10:59 AM

I'm lost can you explain?

headdragon
11-18-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm lost can you explain?

When you have a car collected in your Cribgarage, and it gets destroyed you can just get another one from the garage --> Infinite respawning cars.

@spxyu0: yeah, not half an hour after I posted I ran past some gang members XD. But thanks anyway^^. Snatch should be worth a try

Shotgun Diplomacy
11-18-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm just having trouble getting them to register. I'll walk up to a group of 2-3 opposing gang members on the street, do my throat-slit taunt, but often I get no response. I suck. Sorry for going off topic.

Same here, does someone knows how to do this properly?

k1ll1ng5pr33
11-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Same here, does someone knows how to do this properly?

Do they respond when you taunt them?

Shotgun Diplomacy
11-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Do they respond when you taunt them?

Well, they mostly are already trying to attack me, because I took over the entire map, so there are no more gangmember enemies that just wander around...

k1ll1ng5pr33
11-18-2011, 06:35 PM
Well, they mostly are already trying to attack me, because I took over the entire map, so there are no more gangmember enemies that just wander around...

They can't be attacking you for it to count. They need to mind their own business before you taunt them. (Replay Snatch missions and search for the 3 gang members guarding 2 ho's. They won't attack unless you do. Or taunt ofcourse :p)

mjc0961
11-18-2011, 06:40 PM
I'm just having trouble getting them to register. I'll walk up to a group of 2-3 opposing gang members on the street, do my throat-slit taunt, but often I get no response. I suck. Sorry for going off topic.It's not just you, this game is glitched out the ass.

They can't be attacking you for it to count. They need to mind their own business before you taunt them. (Replay Snatch missions and search for the 3 gang members guarding 2 ho's. They won't attack unless you do. Or taunt ofcourse :p)Nope. It fails to register all the time when they aren't attacking you, and I have had it count when they are attacking me. It's just fucking buggy and doesn't register like it should.

raptor_256
11-19-2011, 06:30 AM
even at 100% completion there are still SAINTS GANG MEMBERS walking around. doesnt say for it to be enemy gangs.

might try the stored garage tip. still need like 35 of the things

mjc0961
11-19-2011, 07:04 AM
even at 100% completion there are still SAINTS GANG MEMBERS walking around. doesnt say for it to be enemy gangs.

might try the stored garage tip. still need like 35 of the things

Taunting Saints doesn't work for the challenge Pierce gives you. I don't know if it works for the Love/Hate Relationship achievement, but it does not work for the challenge. I just taunted a bunch of Saints, and they all turned to look at me and responded negatively back to me, but the counter in the challenge list did not go up.

spxyu02
11-19-2011, 09:21 AM
Taunting Saints doesn't work for the challenge Pierce gives you. I don't know if it works for the Love/Hate Relationship achievement, but it does not work for the challenge. I just taunted a bunch of Saints, and they all turned to look at me and responded negatively back to me, but the counter in the challenge list did not go up.

Confirmed.

I'm at 100% and only have 4 challenges left, 1 of which is Taunting which is indeed tricky since there are not many enemies left. I have 3 not-great-but-better-than-nothing solutions:

1. Join a co-op game! If you join a co-op game where the host is not very far in the story, there are more gang members than you can shake a stick at. The ideal situation would be to coordinate with your teammate to get him to go into store he owns when you get a Wanted level so you can quickly move from one pocket of gang members to another and piss them off all over again. When you join a co-op game just make sure to load your most recent main-campaign save, and then if you need to go back to single player, just save before you quit co-op and load that save in single player. All stats and such carry over.

2. Massage the remaining enemies from a survival. If you get a gang survival, beat it and then try to lure baddies with you, at a high Wanted level, to a shop you own. This way you can get a bunch of them chasing you outside, pop-in, lose your Wanted level, then taunt one, run back inside, rinse and repeat. I've run into two issues with this one: A) Sometimes I have over eager back-up that comes without my request and thins the gang's numbers. B) Some taunts fail to register. I have most closely linked it to having just taunted that gang member. I will taunt the first time, it will register and he/she will react. However the second time, if performed on the same gang member, the taunt will cause them to attack, but no taunt will register.

3. Find a random grouping of 2-3 gang members, bookmark that spot on the map, and revisit occasionally to see if they respawn. I found a group of the red/black gang (I'm horrible w/ the names) on the third or fourth horizontal street from the bottom of the far right island. I was able to taunt, run to a store, and repeat a couple times. However they sometimes wouldn't be there, especially if I got called away to a survival, or if the cops got rowdy and they all got killed in the crossfire.

Best off-topic post EVER!