PDA

View Full Version : DLC Question: Time Saver Pack

Dirty130
11-16-2011, 10:30 PM
I just wanted to know if you purchase the Time Saver Pack DLC will it effect achievements in any way? :confused:

Klint Beastw00d
11-17-2011, 04:35 AM
No it won't. Why would they make a DLC pack that would hinder achievement progression? If you're thinking about buying it don't. It's more fun to work towards unlocking the cars. Use your MS points on something better.

Dirty130
11-17-2011, 09:36 AM
Can someone confirm, who has actually bought the DLC, that achievements unlock, please.

Edit: I'm going to buy it now anyway and see.

Edit 2: Yupp, story, challenge event and autolog achievements unlock.

SatNiteEduardo
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Do you mean they unlock when you buy the dlc or that they still unlock when you fulfill the requirements.

Also the main achievements that it might glitch would be the get 15 objectives and unlock all playlists.

Dirty130
11-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Once the DLC is purchased it makes no difference to achievements unlocking at all.

However.. You will beat the crap out of people online that are driving a VW Golf Polo or something of equal slow speeds when you're driving a high powered Lambo or Zonda. Cheap, yet I like it!

Klint Beastw00d
11-18-2011, 09:52 PM
Once the DLC is purchased it makes no difference to achievements unlocking at all.

However.. You will beat the crap out of people online that are driving a VW Golf Polo or something of equal slow speeds when you're driving a high powered Lambo or Zonda. Cheap, yet I like it!

Impossible. There is a such thing as tiers. A VW Golf obviously isn't the same tier as a Lamborghini or Zonda.

Dirty130
11-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Impossible. There is a such thing as tiers. A VW Golf obviously isn't the same tier as a Lamborghini or Zonda.

Open Race allows all tiers, Bro.

red_hammer
11-19-2011, 12:58 PM
There also extremly tuned versions of a Golf or sth...
I unlocked two 220 mph taxis with online markers.

But it's quite stupid that so many cars need to be unlocked online...

SatNiteEduardo
11-20-2011, 11:54 PM
I think this dlc is an absolute disgrace.

Given the history of recent NFS games online I decided to go online on day 1.

I found that I did not have nitrous or drafting unlocked in my first races which is a very poor design decision and then when I levelled up a bit I saw people using cars that I did not have even at the same level.

So I struggled a bit. But in the end I got all online cheevos legit and now enjoy unlocking the rest of the cars.

I decided to go to the marketplace to read the description of the dlc and EA even describe it as basically a pathetic way to unlock cars to race with online and prove you are not good enough without them.

Thsi game needs something to make it replayable and fighting friends in autolog and doing online objectives is really all there is to keep it going.

Wicelow
11-21-2011, 05:49 PM
No it won't. Why would they make a DLC pack that would hinder achievement progression?
I'm not saying that this kind of DLCs are a good thing, because they're soooo very not, but buying a "cheat pack" (preventing you from getting achievements of course) is kinda like a new thing.
Dead Rising 2 : Off the Record and Saints Row The Third both recently got that kind of garbage, for example.

For The Run, the DLC is just something to unlock every car right away, even if it takes all the fun and challenge from the game that's not a cheat (like "infinite nitrous" or "kill opponent with 1 hit") so there should be no problem with cheevos.

Treewaller
11-21-2011, 05:59 PM
I have a different question for anyone who got the Time Saver Pack: Does it also unlock all of the bonus wheel cars that normally don't even show up in the cars list until you win them?

So far I've won two taxis and a police cruiser, and I'm wondering how many more random cars there are out there.

SatNiteEduardo
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm not saying that this kind of DLCs are a good thing, because they're soooo very not, but buying a "cheat pack" (preventing you from getting achievements of course) is kinda like a new thing.
Dead Rising 2 : Off the Record and Saints Row The Third both recently got that kind of garbage, for example.

For The Run, the DLC is just something to unlock every car right away, even if it takes all the fun and challenge from the game that's not a cheat (like "infinite nitrous" or "kill opponent with 1 hit") so there should be no problem with cheevos.

In theory it should not affect achievements but games have glitches and bugs occasionally. The achievements I would want confirmation on are the unlock all playlists because the dlc does that.

It all depends what trigger the achievement is looking for. If it looks for 15 online objectives then it will work and I would assume it will but you never know given how many games have bugs these days.