PDA

View Full Version : Just 1k'd Halo and I gotta say...

a7x4lyf3
11-17-2011, 02:05 AM
I enjoyed every minute of this, reminded me of when I was kid back in the day enjoying this game with my local buddies, brought back so much memories and none of them bad. From here we can only hope the Halo franchise will still remain the game we all love even in 343's hands, I have faith in them I believe they'll go far. Heres to 343 Industries, I'm sure we all appreciate you keeping our beloved title alive.

ajaxus
11-17-2011, 04:03 AM
i am also enjoying this game again. besides it being the best HD remake thus far this entire generation, Halo: CE is still a hell of a game and it is easy to see how it put the original Xbox on the spot ten years ago. i just hope they give Halo 2 the same "anniversary" treatment they have given Halo 1, as i recall the campaign in that particular game to be plagued by pop-in, though great nonetheless.

Buzz VII
11-17-2011, 05:07 AM
This game brings back so many great memories. Can't wait to finish it in HD!

Twitch010110
11-17-2011, 07:14 AM
When I put this game in the drive I and played it for the first time in many many years I was happily surprised that it was still second nature to me. I couldn't believe how much I remember of the missions. I love this game so much, I just wish they included ALL of the classic maps, heres hoping they come out as DLC.

DarkReign2021
11-17-2011, 07:35 AM
My only major gripe with the remade campaign is that since the new graphics were just an overlay for pre-existing surfaces, the new dimensions didn't actually exist within the confines of the game. For instance, when driving the tank there are now headlights on the front treads that clip everything. I can walk through them because they're not actually there. Likewise in reverse, when flying the banshee I will make a tight turn around a canyon wall, but get stuck because they scaled the original wall back and made a portion of it invisible. Hard to navigate when you can't tell what does or does not exist within the games physical coding.

Even than, it's minor nitpicking for the most part. It looks beautiful, it still plays beautifully and that's really all that matters. I was and am happy with how this remake came out and I think more games should follow suit.

(To be honest, I think Saber Team needs to drop videogame development and just become a contract developer that comes in and does HD remakes like they did with Halo. This seems to be their calling.

DamagedWill
11-17-2011, 12:05 PM
I agree. I was twelve when Halo came out, but I didn't get an Xbox until I was thirteen but I probably spent a year on that thing with my buddies. Blood Gulch has so many hours of my childhood.

Also, I wouldn't worry about Halo now that 343 is in charge. A good portion of 343 is made up of Bungie employees who didn't want to work with Activision.