PDA

View Full Version : So far it has my GOTY vote!

Tyger7
11-17-2011, 01:51 PM
I never like talking about Game of the Year because so many games are awesome in their own way. This last month+ alone has brought some seriously great stuff. All of them I have been very impressed with. I got Assassins Creed Revelations, Halo Combat Evolved, Skyrim, MW3, and Saints Row the Third all in about a week or so apart. I was playing Batman AC and Gears 3 before that. So before I went to bed the other night, I decided hey, I'm going to throw in Saints real quick, create my player, and go to bed.

I turned the game on and laughed. "Whored" mode was on menu screen. This was funny as I have been playing Gears which has Horde mode.

I do not want to spoil the opening sequence for anyone. It stands out as one of the best experiences within the first 10 minutes I have had in a game. Specifically falling from the plane part. Extremely slick on the action footage. Brutal in your face kind of action. Maybe I'll do a video for people sometime that don't plan on playing.

Grifter Reborn
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Dunno if I'd go that far (as of yet) but I only had short amount of time to play last night for the first time. Definitely an A+ for opening sequence and the character creation is definitely detailed to a RIDICULOUS degree. I hope to have more time to play this weekend. ;) (and yes, some of that time will be used to finish my Batman AC theory thread)

BTW (and maybe off-topic) Tyger are you doing the guide for this game?

ColdSpider72
11-17-2011, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I thought it was odd that a member of the guide staff would create a thread to praise the game and not mention if a guide is in the works or not. Get crackin', Tyger ;)

And where is the review??

Downsize
11-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Saints Row The Third is insanely good. So fucking fun.

blackbrainCL
11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
is a very addictive game, better than sr1 and sr2. i played 27 hours and i need steal all the cars and complete some challenges for get 100% yet

SquareName
11-17-2011, 04:41 PM
Since Skyrim was released this year too, i have to give it my GOTY vote, but SR3 is really close.

Tyger7
11-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Dunno if I'd go that far (as of yet) but I only had short amount of time to play last night for the first time. Definitely an A+ for opening sequence and the character creation is definitely detailed to a RIDICULOUS degree. I hope to have more time to play this weekend. ;) (and yes, some of that time will be used to finish my Batman AC theory thread)

BTW (and maybe off-topic) Tyger are you doing the guide for this game?

Yeah, I thought it was odd that a member of the guide staff would create a thread to praise the game and not mention if a guide is in the works or not. Get crackin', Tyger ;)

And where is the review??

Well looks like there are 2 already in the making and I'm currently working on Assassin's Creed Revelations (actually close to being done). The game seems pretty straight forward and there is no multiplayer achievements. Saints Row 2 took me forever to get 1000 because of multiplayer. What's really nice is the collectibles being so easy. I'm enjoying games that give you the whereabouts of the collectibles on your map. I hate collectibles.

Grifter Reborn
11-18-2011, 02:41 PM
Well looks like there are 2 already in the making and I'm currently working on Assassin's Creed Revelations (actually close to being done). The game seems pretty straight forward and there is no multiplayer achievements. Saints Row 2 took me forever to get 1000 because of multiplayer. What's really nice is the collectibles being so easy. I'm enjoying games that give you the whereabouts of the collectibles on your map. I hate collectibles.

I'm kinda surprised that you hate collectibles since you've made so many guides for them! ;) Honestly, they're a love/hate relationship for me. I love them if they add elements to the story, help you explore great environments, or if they are collectected easily through a "normal" playthrough. Otherwise, I hate 'em because it's simply feels tedious & frustrating. In any case, I'm glad a couple of guides are up and I'll probably be using your ACR guide this thanksgiving as I'll have some time set aside to "enter the animus." :)