PDA

View Full Version : Anyone working on a guide???

upindat
11-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Suprised no one has wrote a guide for this yet?? Anybody working on one. Looks like some of the cheevos are glitched and confusing. Who going to be the man and step up?:confused:

ColdSpider72
11-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Can you guess who I am pointing my finger at?

upindat
11-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Please do tell??

ColdSpider72
11-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I'll give you a hint: His name rhymes with 'clubbin hat'.

blackbrainCL
11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
is not hard to get all the cheevos. i got 850. if u have a question u can send me a message.

SquareName
11-17-2011, 04:39 PM
So if a game is easy we wont need a guide? I think a guide is really needed since a few achievements have a really vague description.

Jay ITFC
11-17-2011, 04:41 PM
is not hard to get all the cheevos. i got 850. if u have a question u can send me a message.

Any missable?

TransonicPower
11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
We defo need a challenge guide! Like finding all the short cuts and fastest ways to get everything done etc

Spepo
11-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I'd make one if I had the time, which I don't.

blackbrainCL
11-17-2011, 04:50 PM
Any missable?
Maybe if you won all territories is more difficult get all the challenges like kill special gangs or taunt on different gangs.
in special cases u have to play the game again to select the other choice on the history but only on chapter one. the last (act 3) mission u ll can make again after finish the game.

If u buy all stores, dont worry u can steal 15 times (a challenge) your own stores.

Spepo
11-17-2011, 04:52 PM
No missables.
Maybe if you won all territories is more difficult get all the challenges like kill special gangs or taunt on different gangs. but no missable cheevos.
in special cases u have to play the game again to select the other choice on the history but only on chapter one. the last (act 3) mission u ll can make again after finish the game.

If u buy all stores, dont worry u can steal 15 times (a challenge) your own stores.

What about the one's for beating an act one way and then another. You'd need to load an old save file or start a new game to get those.

blackbrainCL
11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
What about the one's for beating an act one way and then another. You'd need to load an old save file or start a new game to get those.

I dont know if u can because an autosave will show after the mission. u can try and tell us. i will play the game again because i won all territories and is very hard taunt gangs (neccesary for get all challenges) and i will make the another choice of act 1.

killergp123
11-17-2011, 05:10 PM
You can manually save when you have the option to make the choices for the end of the act, so that way you only have to replay that mission to get the other achievement.

koopakiller64
11-17-2011, 05:46 PM
I'll step up and make a guide. I'm stuck at college for 3 hours for my break so I'll put something nice together. I don't have all the achivements yet so don't expect a fully completed guide. I'll throw it up sometime at 10-11PM Central time.

killergp123
11-17-2011, 05:58 PM
I'll step up and make a guide. I'm stuck at college for 3 hours for my break so I'll put something nice together. I don't have all the achivements yet so don't expect a fully completed guide. I'll throw it up sometime at 10-11PM Central time.
I was thinking of doing the same thing as I finished Story and all activities already. If you want help on it let me know.

Jay ITFC
11-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I dont know if u can because an autosave will show after the mission. u can try and tell us. i will play the game again because i won all territories and is very hard taunt gangs (neccesary for get all challenges) and i will make the another choice of act 1.

Manual save is the answer. Is it clear where the choice/decision/split is at chapter 1 end?

dakisbac
11-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I'd like to but I'm really busy. I hope to get some quality playing done today though so hopefully it'll be enough to get started.

blackbrainCL
11-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Manual save is the answer. Is it clear where the choice/decision/split is at chapter 1 end?

When yuou have to decide if destroy the building or deactivate the bomb. you have time to choose.

IVIR BLOBBY
11-17-2011, 06:43 PM
I wanted too do the guide for SR3 since i've loved the past 2 games but i live in the UK & your Americans have had it a while. If one gets set up i'll help by uploading/ posting any video guides i happen to find or help

killergp123
11-17-2011, 06:47 PM
I wanted too do the guide for SR3 since i've loved the past 2 games but i live in the UK & your Americans have had it a while. If one gets set up i'll help by uploading/ posting any video guides i happen to find or help
I started work on it out of boredom, and am almost done with the roadmap portion, then just need to hammer out each achievement description/tips to getting it.

littlejay
11-17-2011, 07:36 PM
i will when im further through the game and no one else is doing one. if one goes up i might not. but i wont make a guide until i get most of the achievements myself. problem is i work :p

killergp123
11-17-2011, 07:49 PM
i will when im further through the game and no one else is doing one. if one goes up i might not. but i wont make a guide until i get most of the achievements myself. problem is i work :p
I was going to do the same, but figured whatever I will work on it now. I also have work Monday-Friday, so wouldn't be surprised if someone finishes one before mine.

EDIT: Done with Road Map portion, and done with 13/50 achievements including all the formatting. Expect my guide to be up by the end of the day.

upindat
11-17-2011, 09:03 PM

Off subject, but what the hell is up with your avatar??? you got a dog collar on or what?? too funny. sorry had to ask

TransonicPower
11-17-2011, 09:52 PM
we also need a challenge guide! Especially short cuts.. I have randomly found 30/50 and have played like 7hours so I still have a lot to do so maybe I'll get it with luck..?

TransonicPower
11-17-2011, 09:57 PM
Dude I have no idea how you mixed saints row 3 with Gears of War 3 lmao

But I will be playing that dlc, so have a go on the guide :D
Edit: oh I see, ur just spammer.. GTFO

koopakiller64
11-17-2011, 10:31 PM
we also need a challenge guide! Especially short cuts.. I have randomly found 30/50 and have played like 7hours so I still have a lot to do so maybe I'll get it with luck..?

Do shortcuts count as part of the challenges? I never went through the list yet.

I have a guide going right now and its coming together. I need to run through the game and check some gameplay mechanics for the achievements. I'm just not sure if you guys want me to put up a WIP guide for feedback or wait until my guide is almost perfect.

TransonicPower
11-17-2011, 10:34 PM
Yes, there is one challenge where you have to find 50 shortcuts. Also what I think definitely needs a guide is the basejumping or whatever it is called.. There is some other difficult-ish challenges where a lot of ppl (me included) could use some tips

koopakiller64
11-17-2011, 10:39 PM
Yes, there is one challenge where you have to find 50 shortcuts. Also what I think definitely needs a guide is the basejumping or whatever it is called.. There is some other difficult-ish challenges where a lot of ppl (me included) could use some tips

Basejumping is the challenge where you have to land in a circle why parachuting right? If so, go to the helipad at Saints HQ, jump off the right side and open your parachute. A prompt should appear that says push Y to activate the basejumping challenge. The circle will always appear right in front of the HQ as long as you jump off the right hand side of the helipad so all you have to do is a 180 degree turn and gently glide yourself into the circle.

TransonicPower
11-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks :) that's exactly why we need a guide for the challenges, tips like that could be used for it. I also noticed that you have your wip guide ready to be launched, post it already so other users can give u some tips and advice to help you with the guide.

koopakiller64
11-17-2011, 10:48 PM
Thanks :) that's exactly why we need a guide for the challenges, tips like that could be used for it. I also noticed that you have your wip guide ready to be launched, post it already so other users can give u some tips and advice to help you with the guide.

Just let me test something.
EDIT: Awesome, I got rid of all the hyperlinks and now I have to replace all the tiles. Give me a bit.

Sayonara1733
11-18-2011, 02:08 AM
Does anyone know if the You're My Hero (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/saints-row-3/achievement/59132-You-#39;re-My-Hero-.html) achievement challenges transfer between games or do you have to do everything on one?

Mikeyspinkick
11-18-2011, 03:08 AM
Does anyone know if the You're My Hero (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/saints-row-3/achievement/59132-You-#39;re-My-Hero-.html) achievement challenges transfer between games or do you have to do everything on one?From what I'm seeing, it's a one-game thing. I'll give you a more definitive answer when I start a 2nd run.

Sayonara1733
11-18-2011, 06:49 AM
From what I'm seeing, it's a one-game thing. I'll give you a more definitive answer when I start a 2nd run.

Keep me posted. I'd appreciate it.
Cause I won't be starting a second game until I finish all the side quests and missions the first time.