PDA

View Full Version : Need major help with the German HQ.

Sweet666Kraven
08-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I have been stuck on this part for exactly two months now. It is damn impossible, I have gone every route and I always get gunned down. I've made it into the back of the house twice but always got nailed when I got in there. Does anyone know an easy way to do this or what is the best way to go about it? I'm very frustrated.

--Thanks.

bxbomber
08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
I have been stuck on this part for exactly two months now. It is damn impossible, I have gone every route and I always get gunned down. I've made it into the back of the house twice but always got nailed when I got in there. Does anyone know an easy way to do this or what is the best way to go about it? I'm very frustrated.

--Thanks.
Are you talking about D-Day, when you begin going building to building?

Zef
08-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I found this to be one of the harder missions in the game, it can be a hugely different struggle depending on which weapons you can find and where you attack from. If you have a decent rifle or long range weapon then find a window in one of the houses you have already cleared and take out as many enemies as you can before charging, this should give you a good enough opportunity to make it there without taking damage.

Once you are there take out a machinegun and slowly make your way into the house, at this point no more enemies should respawn so you just need to clear the house once and you are done. Make sure that some supporting troops are with you and take it very slowly going into every room before moving on. Use grenades carefully, they are a good way to lower the health of any enemies before you face them.

It will take a few tries but keep at it, it really is down to patience.

Rocket
08-03-2007, 01:13 PM

--Thanks.

This was the hardest level for me as well. What finally worked for me was this...Clear out the front of the HQ as much as you can, but don't go around back. Stay in front, and go to the House that is on the Left. Kill everyone on the first floor before you even enter the house. Then, go into the house and move to the left so that you have a clear view of the whole stairway. And kill each enemy you see at the top. There will still be 2-3 enemies up stairs, but just run out the back at this point. If you lob a frag up into the window from the back you will kill 2 of them. Then, run back through the house and out the front door, the 3rd guy if there is one, may come down the stairs while you are making your way to the front door, if he does, kill him. You will hit a checkpoint once the last one in that house is killed. This will help out extremely.

Now, go back around to the shack in front of the HQ. Begin taking out enemies. Once you clear a wave, make your way around to the back of the house, and begin taking out the enemies there. Make your way to the stone fence and get low. At this point there should only be 1-2 enemies still outside around the house. Your squad will take care of them, and now you don't have to worry about being killed from the other house either.

Now, go to the door on the left side of the HQ and go in fire a few rounds and run back out backwards, making sure you can see door way still as at least 2 enemies will come to the door. Kill them quickly and run back in the house and back out once more. 2 more enemies should come, kill them, and then throw a grenade into the house. You should still have plenty because you will have only needed to use the one on the other house. If you don't hear any germans scream about the grenade, then you have cleared the 1st floor. If you do hear germans, go inside the house keeping an eye on your right and front. Kill each enemy you see, there should only be one left at this point though.

Upstairs is going to be difficult. What I did was threw a grenade upstairs to the left, don't go up, just throw it up there. This will take out the gunner at the window, there is only 1. Now you have to worry about the 2-3 in the rooms on the right. If you run up the stairs and peek in the room, and quickly run backwards facing the room and looking up the stairs, one of them will come out, but be aware he has a machine gun and if you don't kill him first, your done. If you kill him, then run back up the stairs past the doorway and turn around and face the stairs. You will be covered by the wall, but will have a semi-view of the doorway and whats in the two rooms. Get out a grenade and lob it in there. This will either kill the last enemy in there or force him out so that you can shoot him dead.

And thats that, the last of the germans dead and you have secured the HQ. Hope it helps.

Mr Arrow
08-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh man you don't know how long I've been stuck here......ugh!

I never thought to post about this, figuring I just kinda sucked! I've made it into the house about 4-5 times and upstairs once but this is where they keep the uber Nazis and it never ended well. Now, I can't seem to even be able to get into the damn house. I think I'm frustrated and just rushing.

I am very reluctant to leave an area once it is cleared because it will re-spawn nazis if you cross that imaginary boundary!

Thanks for the tips - I'll give them ago this weekend.

fatces
08-03-2007, 02:56 PM
hardest part in the game IMO, what i did was going trough the right side and kill the enemies outside (betwenn the hedges with a riffle), then when tere arent many enemies go to the front of the house and throw a smoke grenade, enter the house and throw a grenade to the stairs and thes oldiers will start to come to the first floor, so just finish them with a machinegun, it worked for me. hope it helps

Mr Arrow
08-05-2007, 01:02 AM
I FINALLY DID IT!

Huge props to Rocket x360a for tipping off the additional checkpoint in the house adjacent to the HQ. Once I hit that checkpoint the rest of the level was much more manageable.

I have been stuck here for 1 year and 5 months, playing only every now and then, but I can finally move on and finish this game.

THANK YOU and thanks to x360a for the BEST achievement site!

Sweet666Kraven
08-08-2007, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys!

I haven't gotten around to trying it out but I definately will tonight. I hope it works. Thanks.

Sweet666Kraven
08-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Thanks Guys! I tried today and I beat it after only like 3 turns. I'm so incredibly stoked. Thankyou so much this helped a hell of alot.

oneshotbilly
09-11-2007, 07:24 PM
thanks buddy, I needed help there :woop:

Turbo
09-23-2007, 12:25 AM
I had major problems at this part. But I finally got it. It was alot easier when you used smoke gernades to cover your run to the house and once you get inside toss your frag gernades off the walls upstairs. You can use all your nades b/c it's the last checkpoint.

JoEy0808
12-21-2007, 06:20 PM
are yall talking about on the battle of caens that last german HQ

Mr Arrow
12-21-2007, 06:22 PM

Not sure I remember it was THREE MONTHS AGO --- people have moved on.

JoEy0808
12-21-2007, 07:06 PM
doesnt mean people STILL DONT PLAY IT!!!! TARD!!!

Mr Arrow
12-21-2007, 07:20 PM
i understand that people still play it but this is what you wrote...

You're not asking for help, you're spamming and old post with a strange question.

How does this make me a TARD?

Spybreak4u
12-24-2007, 06:31 PM
Thanks for the tip on the checkpoint. I just finished it today! I ran out of frag grenades early so I also used smoke grenades when clearing the 2nd floor.

aceylone777
01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I realize I'm bumping an old thread. Ok. But I absolutely have to thank you guys for the help on taking out the HQ before everything else...it helped me do this in about 5 tries...:woop::woop:

Amen to this site!

nullname
06-07-2008, 12:55 PM
Here's my advice, to hopefully save a controller, premature graying, or heart problems:

For this mission, I've seen walkthroughs where it'll tell you that you can do the buildings in any order. For whatever reason, I couldn't get past checkpoint A (the town hall). I got frustrated, so I skipped it and moved onto B, and then the rest in succession. I too had trouble with the HQ, but with Rocket's above advice, finally got it.

Then came the horrible realization - I didn't get a checkpoint after finishing checkpoint E. My last checkpoint was right before I entered the HQ. So, I tried numerous times to finish off E again, then hoof it back to A. The thing is, the squad did not follow, they stayed behind at E. After about ten times of clearing the HQ, then heading back to town hall, just to die - I gave up and restarted the level.

So, I think you can do them in any order, just so that checkpoint E is the last one you do.

Nevander
06-13-2008, 10:29 PM
Well I need help with the other German HQ, the one on Caen. What's the best way to do this one? I got to the house once, but then like five bastards came up behind me and kamikazi melee'd me to death.