PDA

View Full Version : MGS 5 Announced!!! - Dont know if all platforms yet

konvict1
11-18-2011, 05:44 PM
this news made my day, hopefully they include it on xbox
heres some articles

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/11/17/metal-gear-solid-5-confirmed.aspx

http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20111118/metal-gear-solid-5-all-you-need-to-know/

ColdSpider72
11-18-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm not sure why he would bother going through the trouble of porting the old games to the 360 if he wasn't also planning on providing future titles for it as well.

REDEMPTIONDENIED
11-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm not sure why he would bother going through the trouble of porting the old games to the 360 if he wasn't also planning on providing future titles for it as well.
And putting MGS: Rising on 360 too.

The Bum-Mobile
11-19-2011, 06:47 AM
I agree, the evidence that Kojima wants to go multi-platform is obvious. Though if it was to be PS3 only for some reason, I thing I'd have to bite for a PS3. As of right now, MGS4 is the only Metal Gear game I haven't played, and I'm gonna have to eventually.

BosmaniaK
11-19-2011, 07:09 PM
in an interview he mentioned the Fox Engine, with which they can create games faster and easier, for multiple platforms.
and yes, he also said that in the future he/KP/Konami will release across all platforms and so MGS5 will most likely be on X360 (or next gen) too

Kaiyo
11-20-2011, 06:40 AM
Holy crap, I never expected a MGS 5. I expected Rising to come then they port MGS 4 to the Xbox 360 or the new Xbox and add trophies to the PS3 version.....

jedi420j
11-20-2011, 07:15 AM
Possibly a timed exclusive for the PS3 and then after a few months on the 360?? Either way it's amazing to be able to play this series on the xbox!!

blee717
11-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Already can't wait. BRING IT ON!

Daniel55645
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
its actually MGS5 and it's not talking about rising? SWEET!!!. he said 4 was going to be the last one though but im happy. MGS is the best game ever

HellspawnRei
11-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Since MGS is selling he will continue making games till he dies...

BosmaniaK
11-20-2011, 11:05 PM
its actually MGS5 and it's not talking about rising? SWEET!!!. he said 4 was going to be the last one though but im happy. MGS is the best game ever

he also said 3 was his last. wouldn't be surpised if he said MGS2 and MGS1 were his last back in the day.

He also didn't work on Peace Walker...for a (short) while... :)

Since MGS is selling he will continue making games till he dies...

I don't think money is the main reason he makes games. if it was, he would make the games more accessable, but he still makes MGS the way HE wants it, and not what the majority of gamers want.
You can see he puts his heart and everything he has into the games, I don't think he'll make a new MGS when he doesn't have inspiration.

HellspawnRei
11-20-2011, 11:23 PM
he also said 3 was his last. wouldn't be surpised if he said MGS2 and MGS1 were his last back in the day.

He also didn't work on Peace Walker...for a (short) while... :)

I don't think money is the main reason he makes games. if it was, he would make the games more accessable, but he still makes MGS the way HE wants it, and not what the majority of gamers want.
You can see he puts his heart and everything he has into the games, I don't think he'll make a new MGS when he doesn't have inspiration.

Nope, everything he does is for money.He stated that 4 was the last from him.And that he would leave MGS series.If you played all the MG games you would see theres a downfall.
Money makes the world go round my friend...

BosmaniaK
11-21-2011, 12:02 PM
Nope, everything he does is for money.He stated that 4 was the last from him.And that he would leave MGS series.If you played all the MG games you would see theres a downfall.
Money makes the world go round my friend...

Downfall?

MGS - classic
MGS2 - worst MGS
MGS 3 - classic
MGS4 - great

there's no downfall, Only MGS2 was dissapointing.

anyway, what the hell are we talking about? we haven't seen anything from MGS5 yet. we'll only know it's good when we play it in 1-2 years.

Echilion
11-21-2011, 09:54 PM
Kojima said:

"I think we'll probably have to make it at some point, but what that will be, we have no idea."

linus614
11-24-2011, 11:33 PM

He said 4 was going to be the last one HE had anything to do with.

linus614
11-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Downfall?

MGS - classic
MGS2 - worst MGS
MGS 3 - classic
MGS4 - great

there's no downfall, Only MGS2 was dissapointing.

anyway, what the hell are we talking about? we haven't seen anything from MGS5 yet. we'll only know it's good when we play it in 1-2 years.
How was MGS2 the worst one? If anything it opened up a whole new story arc. If you say because of Raiden prepare for a swift kick in the dick my friend.

blee717
11-24-2011, 11:59 PM
How was MGS2 the worst one? If anything it opened up a whole new story arc. If you say because of Raiden prepare for a swift kick in the dick my friend.

I think this was mostly the case of all the complaints. "Oh no we only got to play as Snake in the prologue so this game automatically sucks." It's like saying Crysis 2 sucks because you play as Alcatraz and not Nomad. Changing the protagonist doesn't make a great game suck.

BosmaniaK
11-26-2011, 08:10 AM

it's not (just) because of Raiden. the whole setting and characters just appeal the least to me in comparison to other MGS