PDA

View Full Version : How do these Dr.Pepper cars work...

osakamitsu
11-18-2011, 05:49 PM
I dont have the game yet but I was thinking about spending some DP Points on the cars... It doesnt seem like you get a voucher for the car but they seem tied to your account. So do they appear in online races only? Or do I just have to sign in online and I will get it for offline play?

For those that dont know they added this game yesterday to the points list on their site. Same with battlefield 3 and the other games they have prizes for...

Treewaller
11-19-2011, 11:16 AM
You'll be able to use them offline as well if you can actually get the site to work. I've been trying periodically since they went up and every time I get the message:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Please verify your selection(s) or try back in a few minutes."

osakamitsu
11-20-2011, 05:43 AM
really wow, I havent had trouble yet. So do I have to login with the game or can I just sign into live. I dont have my gold account anymore and I dont want to renew it at the moment.

Treewaller
11-20-2011, 02:18 PM
I finally got them to work, they unlock when you boot up the game. You won't need gold but you'll need to have your EA account tied to your gamer tag.

The cars are only slightly better versions of the regular in-game cars. Little bit more horsepower, same top speed and acceleration. The Ford GT is one of the best cars in its Tier though so I've been getting quite a bit of use out of that one.