PDA

View Full Version : So how is it?

Benny34
11-18-2011, 08:19 PM
ill be getting it on my bday which is a month away, ill know ill love this game as i loved sr2.
so is it the best SR , better than sr2?

SketchPanic
11-18-2011, 08:27 PM
ill be getting it on my bday which is a month away, ill know ill love this game as i loved sr2.
so is it the best SR , better than sr2?

Better in some ways and worse in others. Only partway through Act II and I really enjoy it so far. Maybe it's because I'm a big fan of over-the-top action (within reason of course), but I enjoy SRIII slightly more than SRII.

Taegost
11-18-2011, 08:57 PM
SR3 has kept me laughing almost constantly... Especially in Whored Mode :)

Xspel
11-18-2011, 09:27 PM
if you really love sr2 you may or may not like SR:TT. I havent finished the game yet so i cant be certain but so far the story missions kinda suck. It seems that for the most part, the missions have you doing activities like snatch,trail blaze, mayhem, insurance fraud as part of the story. IE: you have to do mayhem in the story line b/c you are destroying a gang's neighborhood....Really? That was an extra activity in sr2 now its incorporated into the story line (lazy in my book).

There is a huge lack of customization. Less options for vehicles. Big miss in my book as well but i love the novelty of putting spinners and hydraulics on everything from the bear to golf carts. It was that freedom to do whatever you wanted that i feel made saints row special.

There is no more jewelry store either. It just seems like the they hyped this game up to be everything saints row was and better yet a lot of true fans who loved the series feel that SR:TT is lacking in what the previous versions offered.

Like i said i havent finished the game yet but these are just my observations.

I know you have seen the commercials where there's a quote that says "Saints row out GTAs GTA" well i feel like they tried to Out saint rows saints row but failed.

Hopefully DLC will add some needed punch to the game. If not there is always SR4 since it was already announced...

rarby85
11-18-2011, 10:00 PM
i'm loving at the moment...very entertaining.

Dr Popodopolus
11-18-2011, 10:44 PM
Some of the missions have had me laughing uncontrollably, in fact, most of them have.

It's amazing and I've been playing almost non-stop since this morning with my co-op partner.

We've had:

4/5 freezes, about 3 glitched missions, and one glitched achievement so far,
that aside, it's all good!