PDA

View Full Version : Sales?

FPS GLIMMER
11-19-2011, 05:04 AM
You think this game will sell well? I dont see many people playing it where I live or my friends list, and yes I know that you cant judge sales basically on that, but I feel that the game wont sell as much as people thought it will. I hope it does to they remake halo 2 but I think it came out at the worst possible time.

Thoughts?

SpongebobRoundpants
11-19-2011, 05:15 AM
They should completely remake Reach!

FOXmasler
11-19-2011, 05:29 AM
I think it will sell better over the Long term like most halo games do. COD tends to have huge openings but then dies down in sales. In fact halo 3 is still the best selling game of all time on the 360.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_360_video_games

Right now people wallets are hurting after Arkham City, Battlefield, MW3,Gears 3 and Skyrim(I only bought two of the 5 and i had a tough time coming up with 40$), and in all fairness it is a remake of a 10 year old game and might not be as important to gamers as new experiences. I think It will sell well in the long run, especially when we get closer to Halo 4 and people are getting excited about Halo again.

A halo 2 remake might have to wait awhile though, and in all honesty Halo 2 doesnt look that bad by todays standards to me.....

ajennice
11-19-2011, 07:18 AM
I think xobx online will not show a good number. CEA doesn't have (FULL)MP, so you will rarely see anyone playing it online unless its campaign.
You can play the CEA maps from reach, so 99% of all online will read as REACH...

Teh Phantomz
11-19-2011, 10:06 AM

Why? It is a very recent game I believe Halo 2 and above should get priority and also ODST is a must before Reach.

Veedrock
11-19-2011, 10:30 AM
COD tends to have huge openings but then dies down in sales.

No it doesn't, the Call of Duty franchise is one of the most constant sellers EVER. Black Ops was constantly in the top 10 US sales charts (top 20 worldwide) up to 9 months after it was released, and those figures were usually console specific, it wasn't even combining both PS3 and X360 sales!

Even after that period, sales didn't really slow down; the game fell out of the top 10/20 because other big ticket titles were coming out which sold more.

Why? It is a very recent game I believe Halo 2 and above should get priority and also ODST is a must before Reach.

He was joking about the remake, but in order to make a valid point. If franchises keep going in circles and remaking their titles, eventually we circle back around. He's saying that if Halo 2 gets a remake, it's only a matter of time before Reach gets a remake. Eventually we just need to say STOP.

ajennice
11-19-2011, 10:31 AM
ODST??? U can't polish a turd!

Halo 2.. maybe...

The next MS console will be unveiled in 2012.. 343/MS prolly will not invest too much into remakes.

The spark's story tells of 7 HALOs. I'd be more interested inthe Mcheif's journey to destroy those rings AND discover the true creaters....

I would also like a 2 disk game. 1 disk of Mchief's playthrough, and 1 of the covi. Kinda like how the original Half life, blue shift, and Opposing Forces was set up. Sames story, same timeline, different character and their own pint of views during the events.

FOXmasler
11-19-2011, 11:02 AM
No it doesn't, the Call of Duty franchise is one of the most constant sellers EVER. Black Ops was constantly in the top 10 US sales charts (top 20 worldwide) up to 9 months after it was released, and those figures were usually console specific, it wasn't even combining both PS3 and X360 sales!

Even after that period, sales didn't really slow down; the game fell out of the top 10/20 because other big ticket titles were coming out which sold more.

I only meant relatively among the major sellers, and I guess it is useless to speculate how many copies Halo 3 would have sold if it were made on all platforms, but Black ops is second on the list in all time 360 sales by a good 2.5 million copies. I'm not trying to slam Cod, in fact I play Cod a lot more than Halo. All I'm saying is Halo tends to have a more steady line and COD always has a giagantic opening(then of course continues to sell well, but does decline) Still since this isnt a new halo game I expect it will sell decently, but wont even scratch the numbers all the huge games will pull in this year.

It will be interesting to see if Black Ops or MW3 can overtake halo 3 in sales, it is impressive that BO is that close while only being out a year compared to 4 years for halo 3.

Teh Phantomz
11-19-2011, 01:01 PM
He was joking about the remake, but in order to make a valid point. If franchises keep going in circles and remaking their titles, eventually we circle back around. He's saying that if Halo 2 gets a remake, it's only a matter of time before Reach gets a remake. Eventually we just need to say STOP.

Sigh, yes I was clearly joking I just ignored the sarcasm in his comment, nice one genius. But I agree with your comment. They should make a Halo 2 remake on the next gen but that's it. Each next generation console gets a Halo remake :p

Restricted-Access
11-19-2011, 02:09 PM

What the hell is your problem? This is NOT the forum for Halo Reach! Delete your post and do it in the proper forum!!! :mad:

TF003
11-19-2011, 03:36 PM
ODST??? U can't polish a turd!

Halo 2.. maybe...

The next MS console will be unveiled in 2012.. 343/MS prolly will not invest too much into remakes.

The spark's story tells of 7 HALOs. I'd be more interested inthe Mcheif's journey to destroy those rings AND discover the true creaters....

I would also like a 2 disk game. 1 disk of Mchief's playthrough, and 1 of the covi. Kinda like how the original Half life, blue shift, and Opposing Forces was set up. Sames story, same timeline, different character and their own pint of views during the events.

this should be a good idea. 1 master chief timeline and 1 abiter timeline both on separate disks. hope they make not a total remake, just one with new weapons (from reach)