PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why achievements won't unlock

SpongebobRoundpants
11-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I know why the achievements won't unlock. If your in your game and you get disconnected from Xbox Live then the achievements don't seem to unlock from now on. You must go to main menu and load up the game again and they will pop up when you are in the loading screen. However the mission achievements won't pop up. The only solution to that is I found is to save before each mission you do and redo them.
I'm not sure if anything else is causing these to not unlock. A mission achievement did not pop for me when I was disconnected from live. After I went back to main menu, connected to live, and loaded up a save before mission and redid it the achievement unlocked.

Metabolic XBA
11-19-2011, 09:20 PM
I don't think that's really the problem I think the game is just a little broken when it comes to achievement tracking. I played last night, was connected the whole time earned the first few achievements fine but then found the 'Ow my nut's' achievement won't pop no matter how many nut shots and testicular assaults I do on the gang members. Pity really, a big part of enjoying a game for me is the achievements.

ColdSpider72
11-19-2011, 09:22 PM
Yes, we know why it is happening. It's covered in every thread about this (Including the glitch thread that you started). The problem is that the developer has yet to officially acknowledge it and give an ETA for a patch.

Easter Bunny 00
11-19-2011, 10:41 PM
Yeah, i have to agree with Roundpants, i got disconnected right after the first act, forgot to reconnect, and i finished the whole game disconnected and didnt get a single achievement. Dont get me wrong, the games great, and its worth the second playthrough, but it just sucks not getting the proof that you did it the first time. But yeah, it seems disconnecting completely voids any achievement you got offline. Reconnecting and rebooting seem to be the only way to get the achievements. Hell, i reconnected, and got the 30 hour achievement at 31:27, so being disconnected also screws with totals. I have 50/50 compliments, 45/50 taunts, and im only at 24/50 for love/hate relationship. :/

vithzeral
11-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I deliberately have been playing not connected to XBL from the start to avoid any issue and all achievements have popped. So the problem is not being disconnected itself, but being disconnected mid-mission.