PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Think EXTREME is Possible...

BlitzingWrath
11-20-2011, 08:29 PM
With a perfect line, and the fastest car available, I can't even touch the opponents on the "Battle" on Stage 2. I tried moving on to Stage 3, and the second race supposedly has 8 Racers, but even with a perfect run I can only pass 7, AND I DON'T EVEN SEE THE 8th racer!

With the terrible rubberbanding, and harsh timelimits, I don't think Extreme is possible. (Some Challenges also aren't completeable at gold standard, see some other threads on this) Thoughts?

Moskito2508
11-20-2011, 10:24 PM
It really depends on the car you use. I used on the first race the BMW M3 till I could reach a gas station and changed my car to the Lotus Elise which you can optain during online play. This car has fast cornering but unfortunately the high sped is not the biggest one. I am now at stage four with that car.

Milosuperspesh
11-20-2011, 11:38 PM
on normal i used the chevy camaro ZL 1 till the tricky cop chase in vegas then swapped out for a nissan gt r v spec that lasted till i met yuri and then had to choose super cars tier 5

that led me to the pagani heura thingy that was fast but the rural roads showed it's lack of steeringat speed, then i changed it for the maclaren mp that was a lot better especialy going early in to corners (off the actual road)

dunno if that changes with difficulty...

SatNiteEduardo
11-20-2011, 11:49 PM
All challenges are doable. I only have 2 left. I have the long porsche one to repeat in the second to last group and "Drive Harder" in the final group.

You would be amazed that those that seem impossible when you first try are doable when you work out how.

Those where you have to go flat out on the highways dodging traffic look near impossible when you first try but most of those I have got down to platinum times simply because a friend and I have had an autolog battle. With those the key is to always stay on the tarmac up the guts and stay off the walls and use nitro to stay at top speed in top gear as much as possible.

Using shortcuts will boost your nitrous quicker.

SatNiteEduardo
11-21-2011, 11:59 AM
All challenges complete to gold level and quite a few platinum.

Not looking forward to extreme mainly because you only get 1 rewind.

Treewaller
11-21-2011, 04:33 PM
There's a rumor going around that if you change the difficulty to Extreme through the options menu in the last 10 seconds of the game (when WIN THE RUN! is displayed) it'll pop.

I dunno if you have to start from scratch for that or if level select works.

Petturi
11-21-2011, 09:49 PM
There's a rumor going around that if you change the difficulty to Extreme through the options menu in the last 10 seconds of the game (when WIN THE RUN! is displayed) it'll pop.

I dunno if you have to start from scratch for that or if level select works.

Play the game through with any difficult you want to unlock the extreme difficult. Select last stage and play any difficult until you get to the last race (it will say Win The Run in the beginning). Change the difficult to extreme and it will restart from the last race. Now you just have to finish the race and you will unlock Win At Winning.

red_hammer
11-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I'll try to do it legitimately!
Finished the first 3 stages - no problem so far.
Just don't give up - happens very often that 1 or 2 oponents are far ahead, but they always slow down in the end to give you a chance.
Those time attacks are pretty nasty, that's true... 2 secs left is common. *sigh*

Anyway... since only 1 reset forces you to drive almost perfectly it's not that hard to beat stage 1-3 imho... (was 20 secs faster in stage 2 and nearly 40 secs in stage 3 than in my first attempt on hard...)

Just completed Stage 6 on Extreme and I can confirm:

Races against oponents = np cause they are scripted - save some nitrous for the end and take your chance when your oponents slow down

Time-Attacks = really, really challenging - just encountered South Dakota 240, most difficult race I had to drive till now... You don't need to perform perfectly... noooo you have to perform godlike! No mistake at all, not one or you'll be out of time 2 secs before the finish on the last straight! :((

Races with Police = Ridiculous! Got slammed of a cliff multiple times, divebombed into a corner and several other jokes... Just use Trial and Error till you found out how you have to drive, finish it and never come back ;)

Oh and another hint... get the Gallardo in Vegas - I used the Porsche till now and it makes things quite a bit more complicated when it comes to top speed.

SatNiteEduardo
11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah I have found races ok so far but the timed events are a nightmare. Struggling with the timed event in stage 2 because of 1 friggin corner lol. If I nail that corner then I can move on.

You go through a tunnel just after the first checkpoint and veer left and usually have a car to dodge. Lining up the next tight right hander is a nightmare.

Also I had a little look at the final level on extreme and if people think its cake then think again. All I can say is learn how to outrun trains lol

Vytenis
11-22-2011, 11:09 PM
Play the game through with any difficult you want to unlock the extreme difficult. Select last stage and play any difficult until you get to the last race (it will say Win The Run in the beginning). Change the difficult to extreme and it will restart from the last race. Now you just have to finish the race and you will unlock Win At Winning.

is this method confirmed?

BlitzingWrath
11-23-2011, 12:16 AM
I can 100% CONFIRM this works, I just did it! Thank you so much!

Klint Beastw00d
11-23-2011, 03:38 AM

So you still have to finish the last race on extreme which I'd imagine would be difficult right?

SonikkuHedgehog
11-23-2011, 05:14 AM
The last race on Extreme isn't really that hard, considering most of the "race" is just making sure to keep with with Marcus. The only annoying parts is outrunning one of the trains, but as long as you have full boost you'll get past it.

The other part is where you have to make sure to dodge all the shipping containers, but as as long as you get to the end of that part, you'll automatically be neck and neck with Marcus in the last stretch. Once again if you save up your boost you'll pwn his ass, then presto, Achievement Unlocked.

red_hammer
11-23-2011, 10:14 AM
New Jersey guys!

Took me 34 tries to avoid the freaking helicoptre with the police car in Chicago, the Battle to Cleveland was tough too, but I somehow managed to do the second helicoptre sequence in just 2 tries. :woop:
State Forest is no problem with the Porsche. (And I like technical tracks).
Sawmill Drive (Time-Attack) is exceptional easy, maybe because of Police chasing you - had 6 secs left although it was one shitty try. :mad:

I'll update when I finish Marcus...

Things get pretty easy in the end...
As Sonikku already posted above me... just drive, save your nitrous for the trains and the last straight and you'll be fine.

At least I can now call me first who "won at winning" legitimately here at x360a :D

So well... thread title proofed as "WRONG" :)

Klint Beastw00d
11-23-2011, 06:05 PM
The method works and wow the last race on extreme is not that hard.

gunhero
11-23-2011, 07:38 PM
On the last level on extreme, what car do you use?
The second subway train always manages catch up to me.

DarkMellow
11-23-2011, 08:40 PM
which car did u all complete it with, the pagani doesnt seem effect on the train tracks as im always getting hit

Klint Beastw00d
11-23-2011, 08:42 PM
I used the cop car I unlocked online but if you have like a Huayra or an Aventador you should be fine. You should be fine no matter what car you use because you should have a full bar of nitrous. You don't need to use because you don't even need to pass him and you pick up a lot on the part where you are driving through oncoming traffic.

DarkMellow
11-23-2011, 08:52 PM
the Huayra is the pagani, i dont have any dlc as im renting so the lambo is out of the question.

even tho i had full nitro still caught me just before the dip to the left to avoid it was only doing 115-120mph

Klint Beastw00d
11-23-2011, 09:16 PM
the Huayra is the pagani, i dont have any dlc as im renting so the lambo is out of the question.

even tho i had full nitro still caught me just before the dip to the left to avoid it was only doing 115-120mph

I was talking to gunhero. I hadn't even seen your post when I made mine so you must've posted your post like a second before me. I don't have any DLC either and saying Pagani isn't very specific as their is also a Zonda. 115 to 120 clearly won't cut it. Try to get up to 130. It's not that hard honestly.

DarkMellow
11-23-2011, 09:52 PM
eventually did it, used the porshe 918 RSR still took me the amount of time from my last post to get it though lol

gunhero
11-24-2011, 09:29 AM
I have been trying to do it with the super fast mercedes AMG (or whatever its called) but I just cant do it. If I go to fast the car clings to the walls losing speed, and if I go to slow avoiding the walls the train hits me.

Im gonna try the Porsche as someone suggested. When would you recommend starting using the nitro? Should I already have it pressed down while passing the first train or should I save it for the second one? and if so, at what spot should i activate it.
The part is driving me nuts :(

DarkMellow
11-24-2011, 09:56 AM
I have been trying to do it with the super fast mercedes AMG (or whatever its called) but I just cant do it. If I go to fast the car clings to the walls losing speed, and if I go to slow avoiding the walls the train hits me.

Im gonna try the Porsche as someone suggested. When would you recommend starting using the nitro? Should I already have it pressed down while passing the first train or should I save it for the second one? and if so, at what spot should i activate it.
The part is driving me nuts :(

the way i did it was keep the full nitro for when the train is behind u, when u turn the first corner before hitting the trains make sure ur going 130+ mph, then go to the 2nd dip on the right just before the train hit u on coming and before the right turn, go around this corner then use ur nitro.

hopefully by the time u run out u should have another half to use to get u into the dip left before the train hits then keep to the left and go onto the brown gravel.. when in the tunnels as u dont need nitro here go onto the left hill bit and wait till the 2nd train has past.. once out the tunnel head immediate left onto the road again and try to stay within 6.30 seconds of marcus while going through the containers.

again u dont need any nitro, once ur neck and neck with him just use ur boost to get into the final tunnel before him and watch the scene unfold for a 2nd time

red_hammer
11-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Only use a little bit of your boost when you switch to the right side rails 'cause of that slow corner - would be wasted otherwise - when you're past the apex use your boost to get to the point where you have to switch sides again and this should be it...

gunhero
11-24-2011, 05:53 PM
Thanks! The subway part was really easy with the porsche with its sick acceleration and easy handling.