PDA

View Full Version : Chopshop/Hijacking

GSDrag
11-21-2011, 12:38 AM
Is it just me or are the hijacking missions just stupidly hard at one point?

I have to drive across the god damn city for each car and as soon as I get in theres a 5 star gang/cop wanted level slapped on me. I'm just at a point right now where I can't get the cars to the end without it getting blown up or set on fire outside of the damn shop x.x

And even for the STAG VTOL, the minute I get in and take off its already smoking and the siren is going off telling me its almost dead (I tried using the police and mayor favor to get rid of the wanted levels but they just keep coming back slowly).

Anyone find some tips for getting these things done?

Shadow540
11-21-2011, 07:36 AM
After rank 20 I think it is, you can purchase an upgrade for like 20k (under Gang Abilities) to instantly wipe your police notoriety. There's a similar one for clearing your gang notoriety. That's what I've been using for the vehicle thefts and it makes things really simple.

As soon as you hijack the vehicle just bring up your phone and go to "police forgiveness" and it's a smooth ride back to the chopshop.

Aiden 514
11-21-2011, 08:19 AM
After rank 20 I think it is, you can purchase an upgrade for like 20k (under Gang Abilities) to instantly wipe your police notoriety. There's a similar one for clearing your gang notoriety. That's what I've been using for the vehicle thefts and it makes things really simple.

He said he tried that.

(I tried using the police and mayor favor to get rid of the wanted levels but they just keep coming back slowly).

mjc0961
11-21-2011, 08:59 AM
It is indeed unreliable, but it's still the best way for ones that require you to capture one specific vehicle instead of just any roaming around on the street (for those, you can steal one, end the mission, go beef it up at Rim Jobs, and then start again. sometimes the cops won't show up at all, but if they do, at least you have better durability).

Sometimes it cleared my level completely and nothing happened for the rest of the trips. Sometimes it only dropped me to one shield instead of wiping them all, which meant cops on the ground still shot me, but no more attack helicopters or national guard guys with turrets. Sometimes it didn't do jack shit. I found that it seems to work better if you don't use it right away, but try to put a little distance between you and your pursuers first. If it's a helicopter, just hold A and get some altitude before calling. If you call right next to all the guys shooting you, it doesn't seem to do a damn thing.

That was my experience anyway. They are indeed a massive pain in the ass. Good luck.

Tr1ckstr360
11-21-2011, 01:14 PM
Is it just me or are the hijacking missions just stupidly hard at one point?

I have to drive across the god damn city for each car and as soon as I get in theres a 5 star gang/cop wanted level slapped on me. I'm just at a point right now where I can't get the cars to the end without it getting blown up or set on fire outside of the damn shop x.x

And even for the STAG VTOL, the minute I get in and take off its already smoking and the siren is going off telling me its almost dead (I tried using the police and mayor favor to get rid of the wanted levels but they just keep coming back slowly).

Anyone find some tips for getting these things done?

What difficulty are you playing on? Because as I agree they def. get tougher, they are no where near that bad for me. I've done 24 out of the 30, and never had to play any of the missions twice. :(