PDA

View Full Version : Steelport or Stillwater ?

IVIR BLOBBY
11-21-2011, 08:55 AM
Which City did you like best ?

Jut wondering as everyone I've spoken to has said that Steelport is rubbish compared to Stillwater, Stillwater had an underground mall, secret ultor base and a much better airport with more stuff. I like Steelport but it feels more sparse compared to Stillwater

I love SR3 though, the story is short but fun & i love the activities, wish there was more mayhem & professor genki but thats just being picky

mjc0961
11-21-2011, 09:04 AM
SR2 Stilwater is king. They were able to take the map from the first game and add areas to it and improve it in other ways. Steelport is more like Stilwater from SR1: okay, but with room for improvement. SR2 gave Stilwater a chance to be built upon and it was really great after that.

I'm not sure I want to see Steelport again, though. On the one hand, there's no good reason for the Saints to have to take it over again like they had to retake Stilwater in SR2. But on the other, maybe the time they'll save only having to tweak an existing city instead of building a new one from scratch can go towards making a longer game. My mind is still boggled by how they padded the story by turning activity intros into missions and yet the story was still too short.

IVIR BLOBBY
11-21-2011, 09:23 AM
SR2 Stilwater is king. They were able to take the map from the first game and add areas to it and improve it in other ways. Steelport is more like Stilwater from SR1: okay, but with room for improvement. SR2 gave Stilwater a chance to be built upon and it was really great after that.

I'm not sure I want to see Steelport again, though. On the one hand, there's no good reason for the Saints to have to take it over again like they had to retake Stilwater in SR2. But on the other, maybe the time they'll save only having to tweak an existing city instead of building a new one from scratch can go towards making a longer game. My mind is still boggled by how they padded the story by turning activity intros into missions and yet the story was still too short.

The story was abysmally short with only 30 actual missions or so & the choice system i think was put in there to pad out the game even more so to get another playrhough out of it.

I hope they don't return to steelport or if they do or even if they have a new city Please include lots of underground bases/ malls, have random buildings we can go in. freeroaming feels a bit pointless in SR3 once you complete everything. sure the VTOL is great but theirs nothing to explore again once your done. which sucks

ttsutaoka
11-21-2011, 11:15 AM
If Saints Row, or any open world sandbox game for that matter, could have every building explorable, countless hours would be spent exploring. It would be heaven for many gamers. I would love to have something like that. Only in my dreams...

FlipSwitch
11-21-2011, 02:08 PM
If Bethesda can make a world like Skyrim, I think sandbox games should be getting off their asses to replicate that... Imagine a world the size of Skyrim for Saints Row. That would be heaven.

JuSt BLaZe
11-21-2011, 02:21 PM
SR2 Stilwater is king.

This!

10chars

upindat
11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I need to go back and play more of SR2. Really loving this game. Played SR2 just a bit and traded it away. This game is the shit !!

mjc0961
11-21-2011, 04:53 PM
If Saints Row, or any open world sandbox game for that matter, could have every building explorable, countless hours would be spent exploring. It would be heaven for many gamers. I would love to have something like that. Only in my dreams...I think I would get sick of copy pasted interiors with nothing special inside any of them after a few buildings and let the whole concept fuck off. People say they want to be able to go inside every building all the time, but be reasonable for a moment. How much effort do you expect them to put into making all these interiors? They have an entire game to build, they can't spend a ton of time on making an interior for every single building, most of which many players will never see. Thus you aren't going to have a lot of unique areas, just a bunch of copy/pasted rooms with nothing in them. This will result in disappointment, so it's better for them to not bother at all and only make an interior for a building when it needs one, thus allowing them to make it special.

dakisbac
11-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Stillwater for sure. Not only is Steelport a lot smaller but driving around I experienced a lot of deja vu - it seems like pieces of Stillwater and Liberty City (GTAIV) have been rearranged to make Steelport.

When I first saw the size of the map, many months before release, I was half expecting to be able to go back to Stillwater since Steelport is so small. I hope for the next game we'll have a new location AND be able to revisit Stillwater and Steelport.

Baihu1983
11-21-2011, 07:10 PM
Tie. Neither are great. Would like a 3rd city for the next game.

Le Vampyr
11-21-2011, 07:44 PM
SR2 Stillwater!

There are many buildings I see in Steelport that I think "wow, I would like to explore the interior", but you can't, which is a shame. It's funny how you can go in some buildings while doing a mission, but then there's no way of going back inside outside of that mission - like Safeword for example (I mean the BDSM areas, not the crib); and speaking of cribs, other than the Saints HQ, all the strongholds look the exact same in the crib area, just plain lazyness.

CLAPSTER
11-21-2011, 08:34 PM
There should have been a both option, I voted Stilwater because it was fun as hell, but I kinda like Steelport. Small, but very cool I'm enjoying it. :]