PDA

View Full Version : Gamebreaking Glitch Warning

Xavier0080
11-21-2011, 08:37 PM
If you're like me and love to explore the city in its entirety as soon as possible watch out for this glitch. I explored the city and rebuilt it 100%, while also using my assassin recruits sparingly, and occasionally seeing them level up.

Well, there is a main quest where you will learn the Mediterranean Defense metagame, and if you do not have an Assassin that is EXACTLY level 11, you cannot complete the memory. You cannot abort the memory. You are screwed.

Anyone else experienced this?

Edit: I spent all day leveling up my level 8 assassin to level 11. Problem is, he is programmed to NOT hit level 11. He is sitting at 3900/3800 XP to 11. Seriously Ubisoft? Buggiest AC ever.

Necrophage33
11-21-2011, 08:42 PM
If you're like me and love to explore the city in its entirety as soon as possible watch out for this glitch. I explored the city and rebuilt it 100%, while also using my assassin recruits sparingly, and occasionally seeing them level up.

Well, there is a main quest where you will learn the Mediterranean Defense metagame, and if you do not have an Assassin that is EXACTLY level 11, you cannot complete the memory. You cannot abort the memory. You are screwed.

Anyone else experienced this?

Wait you filled all your recruit slots and did everything before that memory!? That's in memory 2!

I thought the game automatically gave you an assassin at level 11. Did you level that assassin up too? Is that what's screwing you? Cause I didn't even know I had any recruits until that mission started and it let me assign her to a den.

I would say "at least it's not far into the game at all" but if you've already renovated the city to 100% then that really sucks. I didn't even know you had access to everywhere that early.

Xavier0080
11-21-2011, 09:28 PM
I could recruit one assassin, bringing my total to 2. I'm in memory 3 (early in). My level 11 assassin leveled up to level 12, which makes this game completely unplayable.

On a related note, does anyone else think this is the most unpolished Creed game so far? I am constantly seeing people pop in, had a woman leaning at 45degree angle in the street, and now a gamebreaking bug? I expect this stuff in Skyrim, not AC.

zarda1
11-21-2011, 09:35 PM
i had this same thing happen to me. i got stuck because i only had one assassin so when i went to 100% sync on that memory i couldn't call the other assassin. so i explored to see if maybe there was something i could do to fix that. i ended up using my assassin without really knowing what i was doing and why would i not, if i wasn't supposed to why am i able to. he ranked up (how the hell would i know any of this) and when i finally said f(orget) this and did the memory then went during the second half of the SAME memory and did mediterrean defense he was a 12 and you can't go forward or exit so i had to turn the game off and delete it after 8 hours of play. !!!!!!!!!!!DO EVERY MEMORY UP TO SEQUENCE 4 BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOK AT ANYTHING ELSE!!!!!!

M4EOzzy
11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Here's something that might work for you. Once you've retaken a city in the Mediterranean map, you can assign an assassin to it. He'll leave your team and a new spot will open up and you can recruit a new assassin. So Try that to open a new slot for that mission.

Or... Send an assassin on a mission he has no chance to completing and maybe he'll die.

Xavier0080
11-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Here's something that might work for you. Once you've retaken a city in the Mediterranean map, you can assign an assassin to it. He'll leave your team and a new spot will open up and you can recruit a new assassin. So Try that to open a new slot for that mission.

Or... Send an assassin on a mission he has no chance to completing and maybe he'll die.

You dont seem to understand. I can't complete the memory because I cant send any assassin on any mission. It tells me to select a level 11 assassin from my list of an 8 and a 12. I cant back out, I cant select a level 11 assassin. I am currently trying to level up my 8 to an 11 to progress the game, but i dont think you can recruit assassins from within a memory, so this wouldnt work for everyone.

Edit: Well, my strategy would work except that its very boring to level up a recruit just getting him into fights and apparently his health doesn't regenerate after them. Does anyone know how to make your recruits regen their health?

tietjen1st
11-22-2011, 12:44 AM
i thought it came back natrually

SpinelesS
11-22-2011, 03:25 AM
Like the op, I love to explore first and do the main story later so I am a little worried.

I just completed sequence 3 memory 3 (guild contracts) where I sent a level 11 assassin on a quest. Is it now safe to take over the city?

M4EOzzy
11-22-2011, 03:45 AM
Hmmmm, what if you got in a really big fight, tons of guys, and called in one of your assassins to see if he'd get killed? Wonder if you could kill him yourself?

Crims0nPenguin
11-22-2011, 04:04 AM
Happened to me too, I WAS PISSED!!! I couldn't even do anything to fix it... i recruited all assassins yet there was only a lvl 12 assassin and nothing else...

Xavier0080
11-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Like the op, I love to explore first and do the main story later so I am a little worried.

I just completed sequence 3 memory 3 (guild contracts) where I sent a level 11 assassin on a quest. Is it now safe to take over the city?

Should be, thats the exact quest I'm glitched on.

Spent all day training that level 8 to 11, only to have him not be able to hit 11 apparently. His exp is over what it requires but he won't level up. Guess I'm starting over. Bye bye 20 hours of progress.

zarda1
11-22-2011, 04:59 AM
you can't use mediterrean defense and you can't recruit yet so you are screwed. you have a second rcecruit but he died on me after the second use.

if you pass seuqence 3 and can now recruit assassin's you're safe to finish everything else but make sure you do 3 successful den defenses, in addition to the memory where you learn how to do it, before locking them.

AliasDJA
11-22-2011, 10:19 AM
You shouldnt be so greedy to finish - its the LAST story, in the series and if you had done the sequences in order as originally planned, you would'nt have glitched. Download complete 15/10/11

2girls1up
11-22-2011, 11:03 AM
You shouldnt be so greedy to finish - its the LAST story, in the series and if you had done the sequences in order as originally planned, you would'nt have glitched. Download complete 15/10/11

Go to the Skyrim forum if you want to peddle that kind of fanboyism. Blaming a game-breaking bug on the player... just more proof that the consumer is what's wrong with the game industry.

The real sting for the OP here is that the Mediterranean Defense crap is probably the worst side activity in a sandbox game, ever. It wouldn't even work as an iPhone game. And by shoehorning it into the main storyline, they introduce a game breaking scripting oversight. It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Necrophage33
11-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Wait I'm trying to understand where exactly in the game this glitch happens... it's where you send a recruit on a mission in the Mediterranean Defense game, correct? I forget what mine was called, but my recruit is on that mission for an "unknown amount of time." I believe the mission is called "A Little Prince" or something like that. The game walked me through sending a level 11 assassin on this mission. Since I've done that, am I safe? I see people saying about playing through to Sequence 4 to be safe, but I'm definitely still in Sequence 3. My story mission is to go talk to the Romanis on the very west side of the map. Anyone know if I'm safe, or if I should just start over now?

It sounds like if I get anther assassin to rank 11 before entering that mission I should be safe, right?

Asphyx1ateD
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Saw a guy I killed in a mission remain there after it for like 10 mins, standing up just there lol. Also seen lots of floating items in cut-scenes, it is very buggy.

Xavier0080
11-22-2011, 05:37 PM

I'm greedy to finish so I put off doing the main storyline? Do you think things through before you type them?

Wait I'm trying to understand where exactly in the game this glitch happens... it's where you send a recruit on a mission in the Mediterranean Defense game, correct? I forget what mine was called, but my recruit is on that mission for an "unknown amount of time." I believe the mission is called "A Little Prince" or something like that. The game walked me through sending a level 11 assassin on this mission. Since I've done that, am I safe? I see people saying about playing through to Sequence 4 to be safe, but I'm definitely still in Sequence 3. My story mission is to go talk to the Romanis on the very west side of the map. Anyone know if I'm safe, or if I should just start over now?

It sounds like if I get anther assassin to rank 11 before entering that mission I should be safe, rightYes, that is the mission I'm stuck on (others have reported this too on Ubisoft's forums), but no, another assassin won't cut it because it won't let that assassin hit level 11. My initial assassin is 13 now, and my second one is sitting at 3900 out of the 3800 he needed to get to 11.

Darkdodoboy
11-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Of course, this game is fantastic, the cities the missions etc, but like you said, it's full of bugs and glitches, ik have 5 lvl 10 assassins who cannot reach higher while they have like 15000 xp, i keep coming across glitches and bugs every now and then, which is too much imo. This is 2011 Ubisoft, Rayman's first game had less glitches goddamnit.
To answer your Q, i have no idea i'm sorry, just glad to hear i'm not the only one.

Sparda
11-22-2011, 06:43 PM
Of course, this game is fantastic, the cities the missions etc, but like you said, it's full of bugs and glitches, ik have 5 lvl 10 assassins who cannot reach higher while they have like 15000 xp, i keep coming across glitches and bugs every now and then, which is too much imo. This is 2011 Ubisoft, Rayman's first game had less glitches goddamnit.
To answer your Q, i have no idea i'm sorry, just glad to hear i'm not the only one.

Well that's because only 7 Assassins can get 10 Master Assassin. Maybe that's because you get Master Assassin Missions by assigning a Den Leader. Maybe because there are only 7 dens. Oh no wait that's obvious because the game tells you that only den leaders can get further training through missions. So it isn't a glitch.

As for this glitch it's pretty god damn stupid. That's bad coding to the core. I mean it takes a lot of summonings to even do that... and I don't think I used that many summonings to level anyone up that much during the entire game. But they shouldn't punish you for having a 12.

Darkdodoboy
11-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Well that's because only 7 Assassins can get 10 Master Assassin. Maybe that's because you get Master Assassin Missions by assigning a Den Leader. Maybe because there are only 7 dens. Oh no wait that's obvious because the game tells you that only den leaders can get further training through missions. So it isn't a glitch.

As for this glitch it's pretty god damn stupid. That's bad coding to the core. I mean it takes a lot of summonings to even do that... and I don't think I used that many summonings to level anyone up that much during the entire game. But they shouldn't punish you for having a 12.

Hmm good point, you don't need to be so cynical though

Gidet
11-23-2011, 06:11 AM
So just to make sure...
Once you finish sequence 3:memory 3 we're safe to continue on ward with no problem? Or did I misinterpret something?