PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
08-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread!

voorhees1979
12-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Five Star General 100 Beat the game on the Hard difficulty setting. Seems to have a bug in it. I finished this game in 3 hours ish on hard, its very very easy, and the game is pretty bad. Anyway I got all achieves for easy/hard as you get the easy achieves for playing on hard. But I never got the "Beat The Game On The Hard Difficulty Setting 100g" I watched all the end credits etc. But still never got it.

run ita charlie
12-03-2007, 02:41 AM
can you get the multiplayer achievements by boosting with JUST one person? or is it one of those shit achievements where you need atleast 6 people in your game?

voorhees1979
12-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Sorry cant answer that havent played it on live, I just went for the offline achieves, still gutted that 100g didnt unlock.

thecrazyguy
12-03-2007, 01:55 PM
wow, surprised to see so many online achievements. Was really hoping they would stick to single player, if so I was considering buying this, but maybe just a rent now.

And depending on how this game sells( I don't expect it to sell very well at all) a lot of these online achievements could be really tough to get since there probably wont be all that many people online playing it.

voorhees1979
12-03-2007, 02:12 PM
Due to it only taking around 3 hours to complete on hard, a rental is all its worth. But im still unsure why this complete the game on hard achievement isnt unlocking.

CriscoDisco878
12-04-2007, 04:54 AM
it unlocked for me on hard and yes it takes 3,4, or if you suck at it 5 hours. maybe did you turn it off and maybe change the difficulty? idk just something to think about

ReneG
12-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Anybody know if you can grab the multiplayer ach. in a multiplayer match against a 2. controller on the same xbox?

LeMansFahrer
12-05-2007, 10:54 PM
It happened to me as well, I played the whole game a second time on Hard without stopping or saving, then the achievement unlocks. I think you have to play the game from start to finish in one go without saving or turning the XBOX off.

LeMansFahrer
12-05-2007, 10:56 PM
can you get the multiplayer achievements by boosting with JUST one person? or is it one of those shit achievements where you need atleast 6 people in your game?
I played all my online achievements with only one person, excepting the one ranked match.

WntrWolf
12-05-2007, 10:59 PM
I just picked up the game before looking at the achievements thinking they would be like the first one and holy crap the multiplayer achievements are a HUGE part of the points list.

They look like they will be some hard ones to get too.

xxEquilibriumxx
12-05-2007, 11:14 PM
I am getting it sent to me via gamefly hit me up if you want to boost.

voorhees1979
12-07-2007, 12:10 PM
Ah that might explain it. I didnt do it all in one go. I turned the game of twice after completing 2 missions. Got a bit bored and needed a rest. Tad bit harsh you have to do the full 3 hours without turning the console off. Not sure I can stick another play through :) Thanks for the advise, it would explain why I never got it.

outlawplayer2
12-08-2007, 02:42 PM
It happened to me as well, I played the whole game a second time on Hard without stopping or saving, then the achievement unlocks. I think you have to play the game from start to finish in one go without saving or turning the XBOX off.

I guess I will have to go threw this game again and get my 100 points its hella easy i was wondering why it didnt unlock but i did shut down the xbox a few times lets hope this way works as two people have stated the same thing. sux that it has so many online achievments

jkbd33
12-09-2007, 05:51 AM
Well that was an easy 2 hours and 15 mins. I got this game Friday morning from gamefly. Beat it tonight in one straight shoot when I finally got a chance. But I'm sad to see so many online achievements especially when I can't find but one online match in two days.

buck wyyld
12-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Compared to Civil War, these achievements really do suck. Playing 100 games online? Are these developers so deluded as to think that at any point any one person will actually earn those points in earnest fashion? The only people to do this will be those boosting whores like us, so why not 20 games, like in EA sports titles? The Civil War game was fun to plow through so quickly, knife in hand, but I'm already hating this beast. After The Darkness, which is of course a wonderful single player game, I just don't know about boosting 100 games.

So, just to confirm--the multiplayer points can be done with a dupe account or second controller and noone else via a server?

LeMansFahrer
12-18-2007, 01:27 AM
I do not know if it works with a second controller, i boosted it with a friend on a second xbox. Hosting 100 games can be done under 2 hours, just play CTF, set flaglimit to one. Game ends in about 1 minute. Read " Easy Online Achievements " for map etc.

david288
12-18-2007, 07:33 AM
whats the best way 2 get

To The Victor Go The Spoils
Be the most skillful player in a Ranked Match.

billy14
12-23-2007, 04:02 AM
yea the online achievs dont bother me anymore because myu friend left his box on and i boosted all night but the problem is that my game freezes in campaign so i cant get fivestargeneral however i became number 1 in team elim for player matches in one night :) but the only online im missing i the ranked match one i cant find a singl soul so if u guys wanna boost hit me up acid x attack

Scotian Bred
12-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Damn glitchy achievement .. but the other History Channel game had the same problems with glitchy achievements so i didn't really expect anything less .. LOL .. at least the campaign is really easy and can be knocked out in a few hours .. i even tried just replaying the final Iwo Jima level but that didn't work ethier .. looks like i am going through this game again .. *sigh*

I3laze A 50
12-27-2007, 10:23 AM
It only took me 1hr 27mins to beat the game on hard mode. this game is one of the easiest games ive ever played. the online achievements take a couple of hours when boosting with 2 other people.

xRogue 5x
12-27-2007, 10:30 AM
I too was shocked to see the online achieves on this one. If I was a developer and I was making a crap game. I would make the achievements as easy as possible to the sales/rentals of my game would go up do to the whores getting it. Avatar for example has probably seen much better sales/rents due to the ease of achieving.

Hawkins21
01-10-2008, 04:28 AM
if any one wants to boost drop a line.

SPRAYandPREYcom
02-03-2008, 11:27 AM
if you want a quick 460 achievement points and dont want a lot of fuss n tuss but still want some kinda cool graphics for a history shooter this game is the ticket. Its simple to beat on hard difficulty, will only take about 2-3 hours and will give some no puzzle, no turning the pipe valve to unlock the door forcing you to backtrack the entire level gaming... :uzi:im not going to bother with the online points cuz no one seems to be on line at night plus dont want to stress over little achievments but a very good one night rental game..

doggschim
02-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Just picked up, anyone want to boost let me know
GT = Bonehead1967

doggschim
02-14-2008, 02:07 PM
Not sure if anyone still plays this, but i was wondering if anyone had any issues unlocking the sniper achievement? I have been keeping track and I am well over 100 headshots with the Type97 and no achieve. Do I have to use the M1903 as well to get this unlocked?
Thanks

doggschim
02-15-2008, 02:58 PM
NVM, got it

LX PROTOCOL V2
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
I have a question. Do you have to get all your kills in death matches for the online achievements or could you just do CTF (w/ Unlimited time limit) and get all your kills that way (plust the flag acheivements).

I have achieved most of my achievements naturally, since of the overwhelming small amount of people who own this game and/or are willing to boost. I was wonder the CTF thing because that would allow you to keep killing each other while not having to start a new match (thought the starting of the new match does raising your hosting count).

Anyways, thanks to all the players who have played with me.

Pixie Ninja
07-21-2008, 04:39 PM
I have a question. Do you have to get all your kills in death matches for the online achievements or could you just do CTF (w/ Unlimited time limit) and get all your kills that way (plust the flag acheivements).
Going off the descriptions of the achievements, they do specify any multiplayer mode, so it should be possible I suppose? I would've thought breaking it up into more games would make things easier for any potential boosting partners, so that you could keep better track of things if you do so, and to cater for bathroom/snack breaks.

Plus, it'd contribute towards your 'Leadership' and 'On The Front Lines' achievements too.

XxChiCubs32xX
08-08-2008, 08:32 PM
Overall i think this game was not that good and the single player achievements were very easy

Davz3 16
03-13-2009, 06:19 PM
any1 wana boost the online achievements with me ??

please add me

Davz 316

thanks

MajorBerga
03-14-2009, 10:35 AM
I'll boost these with you...anytime.

Sent me a XBL message

GT:Major Berga

Hook up and get these done ! ! !