PDA

View Full Version : On sale this week. Is it worth it?

DaedHead88
11-22-2011, 07:35 PM
I already own Sega Rally Revo so I'm wondering if this is worth a download. I think revo is fun but I'm never going to beat it because not being able to restart a race is way to frustrating for me. Losing the third race in a championship and having to do all three races over again instead of just being able to restart that third race is not my idea of fun. If this game is more of the same I think I'll pass. Can anyone shed some light on this issue for me?

Squify
11-23-2011, 05:22 AM
I don't think there's an option to restart the races in Championship mode but there really won't be much of a problem winning on either casual or arcade difficulty. There's only three races in a Championship, four if you win. Bought it a couple of hours ago. Seems pretty solid for 400 points.

DaedHead88
11-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Well I bought 6000 MS points yesterday in anticipation of the one day sales on friday and monday, so if I don't use up all my points then, maybe I'll pick this up, since you claim it's easier than Revo despite not being able to restart individual races.

trymemf
11-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Not being able to restart r a race in championships seems kinda nooby of you to have that as an only complaint. Havn't you played midnight club? You could never restart single races there.

DaedHead88
11-23-2011, 07:23 PM
The racing genre is one of my favorite genres so I would hardly consider myself a noob. I have not actually played any of the Midnight Club games although I always wanted too. To be honest Revo is only racing game I ever played that didn't let you restart a race if you messed up. That combined with the fact that the AI never makes a single mistake makes the game needlessly hard in my opinion.

Cooljoe
04-02-2012, 10:21 AM
For five bucks, any arcade game is worth it. Going to 400 gs soon is great, but how bout a drop to an average of 600 msp? Am I right ppl?