PDA

View Full Version : So how do I get that Lakeside Memory achievement?

JaxTH
11-24-2011, 05:55 AM
It seems almost impossible for me since at the first turn I'm passed up and from there can't catch up at all.

Any tips? I was using Subaru.

EDIT: Got it. Nevermind. But man did I race tooth and nail for that. We were literally next to each other as we crossed the finish line. I used the Skoda in case anyone wanted to know.

Arsenic 17
03-31-2012, 10:29 PM
I dont know how you did it. I cant seem to beat this race. The guy blows by me instantly and I can never catch up to him again. We have the same car but he is way faster. Any tips?

Brian Kay
04-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I dont know how you did it. I cant seem to beat this race. The guy blows by me instantly and I can never catch up to him again. We have the same car but he is way faster. Any tips?

Ya I was thinking after 1 try I'd never get it but I did on my 2nd try with the impreza :woop: .Only tip I have that worked for me is on the 2nd lap if your near the other car is use him to turn (hit him on the hard turns only) and I was able to pass him and then just block him when he is trying to pass you.

grolt
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
This one took me about 7 gos until I finally got it. On most of them the competitor would just burn right past me at the start and stay that way for the rest of it, but I found that sometimes that racer would have trouble by taking turns wide and losing a lot of acceleration. So on the match I beat him I don't think it was a matter of me getting better but just of the computer having a bad run of it. Considering how tight the course is, once you pass the computer they will have a tough time getting past you. I kind of went straight and to get past the computer when it was taking a turn wide on the 2nd lap and then it never got past me after that.

To summarize: It may seem impossible at the start but if you stick with it you'll get a random round where the computer doesn't seem to do so good and you can overtake him and cruise to victory.

Atariboy
06-05-2012, 05:34 AM
I just got lucky, about my 7th or 8th try total with championship mode was just one of those times. The AI kept making mistakes and gave me an easy victory.