PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Championship

PrinceLink
04-16-2006, 04:42 PM
When I completed the Gold Championship with my RUF Supercar, I never thought I would achieve the Platinum Championship. I had just passed some of the Gold challenges with countless tries. And not being to good with the F50, I thought it was impossible.

It took me a little while to figure out, that for each car class, the objective time or points needed to obtain the medal changes. For example if you pick class E, the time is greatly increased.

For an easier approach to achieving this, pick the Ferrari 355 (E class). It is an easy car to handle, so the races are easier. Plus being the best car in it's class the other racers can't race anything better. If you have a good clean race, 95% of the time you will pass the level.

P.S. The Online Professional achievement is now working.

UraMallas
04-16-2006, 06:52 PM
That's a cool little trick. Thanks man. Now if only I was any good at the game.

stankit
04-16-2006, 09:10 PM
although this works, the cone challenges are still crazy on platinum

Minty
04-16-2006, 09:11 PM
yeah cones are a bitch no matter what

best car for doing it overall is the ford gt

skuff
04-16-2006, 11:21 PM
i think i did the whole game in the ultima and the f50, cone challenges were one of the easiest things for me, mainly because it seemed like you have alot of time to spare compared to pgr2

some of them fast laps were bitch's though

PrinceLink
04-17-2006, 01:54 AM
To do the cone challenges, pick the RUF Supercar (if you have it). Make sure you miss no cones, and after each cone, tap the a button so you do a slide. Once you get the ammount of points needed, drive to the finish, so you dont run out of time.

ONEROSSY
02-05-2009, 02:13 PM
i can do all the platinum events no prob except cones!! grrr!!! i just cant seem to do the easier ones never mind the harder later ones, any tips please?
i cant seem to get the balance between getting enuf Kud, nt hittin d odd cone, n finishing in time, got 900g off it n its d last 1 i need help me please!!!!!

The End
03-07-2009, 01:01 AM
wow. this is a fantastic tip! thank you very much

BadBlues 69
03-16-2009, 12:26 PM
to me,best car for the cones is mclarren.it's fast,and good drifter.best what you can do is drive through every gate fast,without hitting them,or the wall,and do kudos moves only on the corners.the thing is, if you are fast enough,you wont losse your multiplier combo,witch at the end give you score you want.if you fail in half way, just start it over again,coz is no point to continue.highest multi is the key.if you cannot reach the gate,do some drift,then through the gate.you have only 2-3 seconds between each gates,before your multi goes down.just keep your multiplier growing, and you'll be fine.i found that very easy now,after hours thinking it's immposible to reach reqiered score.good luck.

jade123
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
I am also struggling to complete plantnium... i got all the cones done from what i know of and i am about 7 cups away from the achivement.. i am on the breakneck world racing cup.... Which car has the best overall pass rate for timeed races

Hysteria89
03-25-2009, 12:08 PM
For the timed runs, download the RUF RK Spyder (I think its called that). Its free. This car is really good for doing almost all events except cone challenges (which you've already done). It helped me get platinum the other day. :)

Ellerkerm36
03-25-2009, 01:23 PM
That car is too slow I might add.

Hysteria89
03-25-2009, 01:57 PM
What the spyder? Granted it is slow in street races compared to the other cars, but it has much better grip and can go round corners with ease. I used it on the breackneck world tour trophy runs. I tried other cars, but always ended up being about 5 seconds behind the time limit. ;)

Ellerkerm36
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
Maybe I'm using the wrong car for those other events.

hoggys2much
04-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Princelink er I hate to tell you this but you are completey fucked up in the head and take your stupid idea with you! People DO NOT LISTEN to this moron! It doesn't matter what class you pick it is still the same for some events! I have just been trying some of the later events and one Drift Challenge I did was the EXACT SAME no matter what class of car! It was get 480Kudos and that was with any class of car! I ended up doing it with my Mclaren F1LM as the 355 was crap! Now get all your facts right before posting anything! But this is what I should expect from anyone who has played Link!

Poida
04-09-2009, 10:53 PM
yeah cones are a bitch no matter what

best car for doing it overall is the ford gt
That does the job I agree. But I dont think Ill be able to get Platinum lol looks too damn hard.

master_shake_350
04-15-2009, 12:38 PM
Awesome I have to try this with the E Class car. Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: This helps so much!

WebChimp UK
06-19-2009, 10:01 PM
You guys got any tips for Nordschleife (Nurburing) timed runs/hot laps, i've tried in the RUf Spyder but fall short, and the 355 is no better....

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

WebChimp UK

Var 18
06-21-2009, 11:44 PM
You guys got any tips for Nordschleife (Nurburing) timed runs/hot laps, i've tried in the RUf Spyder but fall short, and the 355 is no better....

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

WebChimp UK

Hopefully this can help a bit:

youtube.com/watch?v=oqiHQVLi9Nw

Other than that, all I suggest is persistence. The car you drive shouldn't have a huge impact on the outcome of the race. Of course, make it easier on yourself and chose the best.

Good Luck

~Var

WebChimp UK
06-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks alot for the reply, i've now got all of the platinums :D I must say that the RUF Spyder 3.8 is the best for timed Runs, even on the Nurburgring, the grip means you have to slow down less, and gets you around the corners alot faster!

WebChimp UK

Jonvier666
07-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm so bad at the game. I'm stuck on some silver. :(

Var 18
07-14-2009, 09:54 PM
Shoot me a PM Joniver, I'll see if I can help you out.

SWAGGART
08-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up, i think ill give this a go now GAME ON!