PDA

View Full Version : Things you do NOT want in Halo 4

HigherLevel
11-26-2011, 12:13 AM
What are things you don't want 343i to include in Halo 4?
-loadouts
-reticule bloom
-armor abilties
-Forge maps in matchmaking
-ADS
-the flood in campaign
-black and brown color palette

N7 Shadow
11-26-2011, 12:31 AM
Armor lock.

It'd be nice if they don't add any armor abilities, but if they do I'd rather they not include armor lock. :)

I'd like the Flood in campaign though, since they're like the biggest threat to the galaxy. Plus it was funny seeing one of those small flood creatures driving a warthog in Halo 2.

I mak3 big boom
11-26-2011, 12:38 AM
I do not want any armor abilities or at least just cloak and sprint.

I do not want flood

I do not want reticule bloom

I especially do not want armor lock

I don't want stupid luck based mp achievements

DarkReign2021
11-26-2011, 03:58 AM
I do not want:

Levels- I want the campaign to be a seamless adventure told through the eyes of the Chief from beginning to end without a moment missed. Kind of like Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Riddick, etc...

Multiplayer- I know it'll never happen, but I want the multiplayer aspect of the series to completely cut out for the next trilogy in favor of enhanced focus on the Campaign. Like the games I mentioned above. I want a 30-40 hour campaign with a heavy narrative and strong storyline. Screw the multiplayer. Anybody that wants that can go play H3 or Reach.

Most of the Armor Abilities- Jetpack and Spring can stay (they should just be permanent features on the chief, not pick-ups) The rest of the abilities should be eliminated and Camo should be reverted back to a pickup along with overshield.

0lly
11-26-2011, 04:09 AM
alot less multiplayer achievements - make them more campaign based.
why would you not want flood? great aspect of the game.

LickableLemons7
11-26-2011, 08:36 PM
I do not want:

Levels- I want the campaign to be a seamless adventure told through the eyes of the Chief from beginning to end without a moment missed. Kind of like Half-Life 2, Doom 3, Riddick, etc...

Multiplayer- I know it'll never happen, but I want the multiplayer aspect of the series to completely cut out for the next trilogy in favor of enhanced focus on the Campaign. Like the games I mentioned above. I want a 30-40 hour campaign with a heavy narrative and strong storyline. Screw the multiplayer. Anybody that wants that can go play H3 or Reach.

Most of the Armor Abilities- Jetpack and Spring can stay (they should just be permanent features on the chief, not pick-ups) The rest of the abilities should be eliminated and Camo should be reverted back to a pickup along with overshield.

Nice thoughts on the campaign, but I don't think 343i will stray too far from the storyline formula. I think it will still be a "Halo-basic" 9 or 10 mission romp. I could be wrong though. I hope I'm wrong. Any missable achievements would be tough to get without a level select :). 343i will never take out the multiplayer in Halo. It's what makes Halo, Halo.

As for armor abilities, I want them all to stay. Especially if we see Spartan IIIs in the campaign. It wouldn't make sense to me if they were suddenly cut from the game, only if there will be Spartan IIIs. Chief should be able to sprint at least, because he's a Spartan II. "He don't need to pick up no damn armor abilities to sprint or other shit, or Halo 4 won't be dope" - in the wise words of a friend. If there will be some space-battle fancy-schmancy thing, then, and only then, would we be able to use the zero-g boosters on Chief's back. I want to see a return of the power-ups from Halo CE. Chief may not be able to use armor abilities, but he should be able to pick up some power-ups. Enemy-wise, I don't see why people don't want the Flood to return. Are they too scary, or something? I mean, they were pretty stunning in Halo CE, but that oomph just left in Halo 2 after seeing them reappear. And in Halo 3, they were a chore to fight. But, they are also a part of what makes Halo, Halo, and I wouldn't mind if 343i slaps them onto the Halo 4 storyline, even if they are only mentioned by Cortana and the Chief.

As for what I don't want to see, are whiny children in the multiplayer. Something needs to be done about minors playing M-rated games. I recently encountered a child who was singing his head off in an Anniversary game, who stopped shortly after someone else on our team(the minor and I were both on the same team) grabbed the sniper rifle in Battle Canyon. The kid started excessively mouthing off about the other player who grabbed the sniper rifle first, and then the kid started teamkilling EVERYBODY for no reason. He was booted quickly of course, but he ruined the fun in the multiplayer. The only thing I can do about things like that is bad-rep him, but I don't find that to help much.

Anyway, other than that, 343i can present whatever they want to the drawing board pertaining to the Reclaimer trilogy. I suppose that they want to continue the story of Chief and Cortana, and they'll need as much time as they need to flesh out the storyline for the three new games. As long as they don't piss off a majority of the community by having Chief die in the future of the franchise in media form or something, then I'll be a happy camper. Seeing how 343i did rather well with Anniversary given that it was just a remake with maps added to Reach, I have faith in them.

HigherLevel
11-26-2011, 10:09 PM
Sprint isn't needed if the base player speed is fast like Halo CE and Halo 2.

RBmaster9345
11-26-2011, 10:28 PM
I can get behind all them cept 1. No Forged maps in MM? How would special gametypes have anywhere to play? Or what about some of the masterpieces a few of the forge gods have cranked out? True most arent the best and I kinda wish there were less but there ARE great forged maps out there

LickableLemons7
11-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Sprint isn't needed if the base player speed is fast like Halo CE and Halo 2.

But what if this time around... it isn't?

DarkReign2021
11-28-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm all for Forged map being used in Multiplayer under one condition. Forgeworld needs to have modifiable setting and object textures. I think it should have 9-10 different themes and objects should obviously correspond to what the setting is (for instance, perhaps make the metal room on Forge World resemble the hangar bay from the Truth and Reconciliation.) The issue I have with Forge maps isn't the layout or the design itself. It's that the worlds all have the same boring metalic appearance and the same blue and green backdrops. This recent Halo 1 Remake had an amazing skybox (all of the Halo games do really) so at the very least let us change the view in the world.

I would also like to see a day/night toggle as well as different weathers (sun, rain, snow, etc..) Snow would even play into the texture system by covering everything in white (plus snowprints left in the snow would be fun for certain gametypes)

Vectorman953
11-30-2011, 02:46 PM
What are things you don't want 343i to include in Halo 4?
-loadouts
-reticule bloom
-armor abilties
-Forge maps in matchmaking
-ADS
-the flood in campaign
-black and brown color palette
I think that loadouts/armor abilities were quite stupid in multiplayer, but rather liked using them in the campaign... albeit they were kind of forced (who wouldn't take the jetpack when attacking the spire) but at least the illusion of choice is fun. Although I think going back to the random placements of camo and overshield from CE would be a step in the right direction... maybe a random jetpack could be thrown in if the chief finds an armory

... The issue I have with Forge maps isn't the layout or the design itself. It's that the worlds all have the same boring metalic appearance and the same blue and green backdrops... I would also like to see a day/night toggle as well as different weathers (sun, rain, snow, etc..) Snow wou ld even play into the texture system by covering everything in white (plus snowprints left in the snow would be fun for certain gametypes)

Man, I can not agree more. I often times find myself wishing every wall/bunker/post had 9-10 different 'skins' that I could choose between just to make it look different. I get the whole designing around a theme portion, but every single goddamned piece in the level being silver and blue is boring. Variety is the spice of life!

Although I'm pretty sure the snow effect would be horrendously taxing to add into forge. Rain would be easy, competitively, unless you were expecting realistic puddles. If they were to, say, create a snowy version of headlong (PLEASE?), or a night version of lockout (...wait) that would be used in matchmaking, then that would be easy enough (it would exist as a different 'map', but implementing it into forge would be a whole different animal.

theNomad
12-06-2011, 03:11 PM
DarkReign2021 I love reading your comments and know your a true halo fanatic, but take away our multiplay :eek:

I'm all for Forged map being used in Multiplayer under one condition. Forgeworld needs to have modifiable setting and object textures. I think it should have 9-10 different themes and objects should obviously correspond to what the setting is (for instance, perhaps make the metal room on Forge World resemble the hangar bay from the Truth and Reconciliation.) The issue I have with Forge maps isn't the layout or the design itself. It's that the worlds all have the same boring metalic appearance and the same blue and green backdrops. This recent Halo 1 Remake had an amazing skybox (all of the Halo games do really) so at the very least let us change the view in the world.

Forge [keep same, agree on more wall textures, item themes]
I do agree with you on this, but feel forge maps & alternate game variants deserve at least some kind of playlist. I was on about the idea on both bungie.net and 343's site of maybe making a Halo Labs playlist that highlight's forge made maps and variants. It gives us a chance to sample something else and a break from running the same playlist and maps every day, and would give forgers the chance to have their names and creations up in glory for say a week or fortnight.

Armor Abilities [ambivalent towards them, stay or go I'll still play]
As for armor abilities I've never really minded them, they was game changing I agree but for me they didn't break it, as I see it if company's don't try new things then hows anything going to change or progress.

I think sprint should really be standard, so many times while playing CEA campaign I wanted to run like trying to get the speed reader cheevo. Sometimes I might throw cloak but agree they should really be like overshields and pickup's ability's. I'm really enjoying the anniversary maps going back to overshields and cloaking pickups. I suck with jetpacks and feel they should be reserved for specific maps like say grabbing the core in invasion. Everyone seems to have forgot Hologram but does make me laugh the odd rare occasion I try beating one down, even though I know if I'd have looked that little bit harder I'd have noticed it had no game tag over it. Armor locks kinda the pain one I think its proven players that spam it are the ones with the least kills because its usually one of two outcomes the opposition waits and kills you or is killed by someone else while waiting, but I'd not mind it returning for the simple joys at watching all the great game fails when its pulled in-front of a ghost or two, I would nerf its cooldown though or make it a one use per life item or shock horror have it as an unlock at a later rank so newbs aren't spamming it every confrontation.

Enemy
Flood I'm not sure about maybe one campaign level max, wasn't so bad with 2 because you could hop in a ghost and drive through most of them but I honestly hated Library (CE/CEA) & Cortana (3) but it'd be fun to have flood firefights, or maybe a flood infection variant where the players becomes infected and either super fast with permanent sprint or harder to kill like having an overshield would suit a biggish map like Headlong.

I don't totally want to see the end of the covenant, especially grunts not being able to kill those little alien bastard's (did I kill your cute ickle buddy) just wouldn't be right. Fully expect new enemy Precursor or Forerunner made robots/technology are highly likely. Though without some major time travel I don't see how we'll ever face either race face to face and if either are really enemy to humans.

Rankings & Credit System [good idea needs modifying]
I love the idea of cR and being able to unlock new armor, voices and effects. Even it being the system that ranks you. Newer variants would be killed off in a flash if you went back to the performance only ranked system you had in 3. You could do fantastic in 3 team slayers then play Infection and rolled new zombie all 3 games and King of the hill would turn everyone into Lee Harvey Oswald. Nobody would play these modes if it lost you rank.

But I would like a drastic change to the way cR is dished out, so many great objective game styles are killed by players just not wanting to get involved. Basically it kills the objective if you get as much cR for losing & not even moving, as you did for winning and contributing, we all have bad games me its usually more than most but it still shocks me this can be the games I've gained most cR.

It should somehow be partially affected by winning be it an objective or slayer [1000 cR win 0 cR loss (maybe 2000 cR for b2b due to lasting twice as long)]. And partially by your kill ratio, a team slayer needs 50 kills to win, so thats 12.5 kills per player if each did their average share. The 10-15 kill area would grant 1000 cR 16+ kills 1500 cR -10 kills 500 cR 0 kills -1000 cR [those afker's should pay].

I'm all for bonus days and playlists for promotional reasons but the slot machine bonus should be stripped out, its a pvp war based game not the damned lottery. Any bonus award should be earned, via first strikes, streaks or objectives done (scoring in griffball or cap'n the flag, finish a firefight to the end) I don't know say 500 cR per award.

Final things I don't wanna see.
Not too much diversion from the original trilogy, I've a lot of faith that 343i can pull this off and fully expect them to put their stamp on the series, but if they have grand plans to totally reboot Halo they should do it with a spinoff like their own ODST. I also don't want 4,5,6 to be our Star Wars 2nd trilogy, it's gotta still feel epic and legendary and needs to be tough not some glossy friendly fps for kids, if they want that let them have it set to easy.

Master Chiefs face, if Bungie did their trilogy without feeling the need to reveal his handsome rugged good looks, I don't feel its 343's right to remove the mystery.

Cortana becoming the enemy, with the hints at her losing her marbles I don't want her and chief somehow fighting. Like her reprogramming a base's robotic tech to kill him, or becoming some kind of hybrid flood/AI form end of level boss. (can imagine all the youtube guide videos, how do you kill her shes not taking hits, well shes an hologram so you need to hit the water patches on the floor with your shocknades when shes moving from terminal to terminal).

DarkReign2021
12-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Not too much diversion from the original trilogy, I've a lot of faith that 343i can pull this off and fully expect them to put their stamp on the series, but if they have grand plans to totally reboot Halo they should do it with a spinoff like their own ODST. I also don't want 4,5,6 to be our Star Wars 2nd trilogy, it's gotta still feel epic and legendary and needs to be tough not some glossy friendly fps for kids, if they want that let them have it set to easy.

That depends on WHERE the diversion occurs. It's still the same universe and it's still focusing on the primary elements of the series, but it's supposed to focus on a greater issue that has lingered in the background of the original trilogy for some time. The entire Forerunner trilogy is supposed to be focused on three longtime elements of the series: The Flood, the Halo Array, and the bond between the Chief and Cortana. Other elements of the series like the Covenant races may still come into play (Glasslands is establishing long term roles of the races after the fall of the Covenant alliance, so they're not just going to disappear I would imagine. They're presence in the series, however, is going to be drastically altered from what we're used to. We will probably find them all fighting with each other and we may even find specific parties in each race willing to work together with us.)

Cortana becoming the enemy, with the hints at her losing her marbles I don't want her and chief somehow fighting. Like her reprogramming a base's robotic tech to kill him, or becoming some kind of hybrid flood/AI form end of level boss. (can imagine all the youtube guide videos, how do you kill her shes not taking hits, well shes an hologram so you need to hit the water patches on the floor with your shocknades when shes moving from terminal to terminal).

I don't think 343 is stupid enough to do anything like giving Cortana a physical manifestation. They're also supposed to be working on the bond between the two characters, so while it very possible John will come to a point where he feels neutralizing Cortana is the best choice (or possibly even Cortana feeling the need to eliminate John), I don't think either of them will let that happen to one another. As far as Rampancy goes, that doesn't necessarily imply that they become homicidal killers or anything. As we read in Contact: Harvest, a wide range of possibilities can come about, some so subtle nobody realizes they're even rampant yet.

kyboy
06-01-2012, 03:51 AM
DarkReign2021 I love reading your comments and know your a true halo fanatic, but take away our multiplay :eek:

Forge [keep same, agree on more wall textures, item themes]
I do agree with you on this, but feel forge maps & alternate game variants deserve at least some kind of playlist. I was on about the idea on both bungie.net and 343's site of maybe making a Halo Labs playlist that highlight's forge made maps and variants. It gives us a chance to sample something else and a break from running the same playlist and maps every day, and would give forgers the chance to have their names and creations up in glory for say a week or fortnight.

Armor Abilities [ambivalent towards them, stay or go I'll still play]
As for armor abilities I've never really minded them, they was game changing I agree but for me they didn't break it, as I see it if company's don't try new things then hows anything going to change or progress.

I think sprint should really be standard, so many times while playing CEA campaign I wanted to run like trying to get the speed reader cheevo. Sometimes I might throw cloak but agree they should really be like overshields and pickup's ability's. I'm really enjoying the anniversary maps going back to overshields and cloaking pickups. I suck with jetpacks and feel they should be reserved for specific maps like say grabbing the core in invasion. Everyone seems to have forgot Hologram but does make me laugh the odd rare occasion I try beating one down, even though I know if I'd have looked that little bit harder I'd have noticed it had no game tag over it. Armor locks kinda the pain one I think its proven players that spam it are the ones with the least kills because its usually one of two outcomes the opposition waits and kills you or is killed by someone else while waiting, but I'd not mind it returning for the simple joys at watching all the great game fails when its pulled in-front of a ghost or two, I would nerf its cooldown though or make it a one use per life item or shock horror have it as an unlock at a later rank so newbs aren't spamming it every confrontation.

Enemy
Flood I'm not sure about maybe one campaign level max, wasn't so bad with 2 because you could hop in a ghost and drive through most of them but I honestly hated Library (CE/CEA) & Cortana (3) but it'd be fun to have flood firefights, or maybe a flood infection variant where the players becomes infected and either super fast with permanent sprint or harder to kill like having an overshield would suit a biggish map like Headlong.

I don't totally want to see the end of the covenant, especially grunts not being able to kill those little alien bastard's (did I kill your cute ickle buddy) just wouldn't be right. Fully expect new enemy Precursor or Forerunner made robots/technology are highly likely. Though without some major time travel I don't see how we'll ever face either race face to face and if either are really enemy to humans.

Rankings & Credit System [good idea needs modifying]
I love the idea of cR and being able to unlock new armor, voices and effects. Even it being the system that ranks you. Newer variants would be killed off in a flash if you went back to the performance only ranked system you had in 3. You could do fantastic in 3 team slayers then play Infection and rolled new zombie all 3 games and King of the hill would turn everyone into Lee Harvey Oswald. Nobody would play these modes if it lost you rank.

But I would like a drastic change to the way cR is dished out, so many great objective game styles are killed by players just not wanting to get involved. Basically it kills the objective if you get as much cR for losing & not even moving, as you did for winning and contributing, we all have bad games me its usually more than most but it still shocks me this can be the games I've gained most cR.

It should somehow be partially affected by winning be it an objective or slayer [1000 cR win 0 cR loss (maybe 2000 cR for b2b due to lasting twice as long)]. And partially by your kill ratio, a team slayer needs 50 kills to win, so thats 12.5 kills per player if each did their average share. The 10-15 kill area would grant 1000 cR 16+ kills 1500 cR -10 kills 500 cR 0 kills -1000 cR [those afker's should pay].

I'm all for bonus days and playlists for promotional reasons but the slot machine bonus should be stripped out, its a pvp war based game not the damned lottery. Any bonus award should be earned, via first strikes, streaks or objectives done (scoring in griffball or cap'n the flag, finish a firefight to the end) I don't know say 500 cR per award.

Final things I don't wanna see.

Master Chiefs face, if Bungie did their trilogy without feeling the need to reveal his handsome rugged good looks, I don't feel its 343's right to remove the mystery.

could not agree more with you on the cR awards..

WeapDog
06-03-2012, 05:40 AM
If they want to remove armour lock they should bloody remove invis as well (maybe holo too), i hate invis with a passion, it is cheap as fuck, and i cannot fathom how they can remove AL and keep it, seeing as they are as cheap as each other.

AMATHUS21
06-03-2012, 08:40 AM
I dont mind armour abilities, but I fucking hate bloom on dmr and pistol. Luckily from that first gameplay dev trailer its seems they have tacken it out (well at least on the BR).

Nutmeg
06-03-2012, 06:57 PM
I don't want perks, weapon upgrades, and any advantages that depend on your level. I'll tolerate only equal starts. If any of these features make it to the final game, I'll only rent it for campaign.

Vectorman953
06-03-2012, 07:17 PM
I don't want perks, weapon upgrades, and any advantages that depend on your level. I'll tolerate only equal starts. If any of these features make it to the final game, I'll only rent it for campaign.

Well then I've got bad news for you...
in the description Waypoint/343 came out with for the LE;
"Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then"

Nutmeg
06-03-2012, 07:25 PM
"Everyone will have access to select Specializations, but those that purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition will receive the ability to unlock six Specializations early, available at launch on Xbox LIVE. You can use them, one at a time, to achieve higher ranks in your Spartan career. In addition to gaining access to new ranks, Specializations unlock new customization options. We’ll be releasing more information about Specializations at E3, so expect additional details about this particular feature then"
It doesn't explain anything. We don't know what these "ranks" and "customization options" are. So I'm waiting for E3. And if Halo isn't arena shooter anymore, well, 343 won't get my 60 bucks.

kyboy
06-03-2012, 07:32 PM

that would be me! :woop: i pre ordered the LE
but speaking of LE, gamestop up'ed the price on pre ordering LE games to $25usd instead of the $10

DarkReign2021
06-03-2012, 11:02 PM
I've got a new one for my list. I already ranted about it in the other topic, but figured I would bring it up here.

No stupid skin's/camo designs for your armor that will likely all end up being $2-$5 DLC pieces and muddy up the Add-On section of the marketplace even worse than it already is.

Oh, and DLC Emblems and armor as well. I would imagine if they're going to charge us for skins, they'll probably try to charge us for more shapes for emblem designs and possibly even armor components since they alter gameplay and actually have some kind of use now. People with money will always have the advantage just like in any F2P game on the PC.

kyboy
06-04-2012, 12:22 AM
I've got a new one for my list. I already ranted about it in the other topic, but figured I would bring it up here.

No stupid skin's/camo designs for your armor that will likely all end up being $2-$5 DLC pieces and muddy up the Add-On section of the marketplace even worse than it already is.

Oh, and DLC Emblems and armor as well. I would imagine if they're going to charge us for skins, they'll probably try to charge us for more shapes for emblem designs and possibly even armor components since they alter gameplay and actually have some kind of use now. People with money will always have the advantage just like in any F2P game on the PC.

i actually like the idea of skins. lets people customize their armor and guns the way they want them to look. plus itll prolly be a big money maker for em.

UryuIshida72
06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
No armor lock and I'll be happy. Pretty sure the Flood is gone completely, we did activate a Halo back in 3.

Chaz Of Sparta
06-06-2012, 02:59 PM
"I don't want stupid luck based mp achievements"

Agreed.

kyboy
06-06-2012, 04:07 PM

Agreed.

agreed!....

DarkReign2021
06-07-2012, 01:32 AM
No armor lock and I'll be happy. Pretty sure the Flood is gone completely, we did activate a Halo back in 3.

I can promise you activation of the Halo didn't kill the Flood. Remember what Cortana said in Halo: CE. Halo doesn't kill the Flood. It kills their food. And seeing as how it was activated outside of the effective range of the Milky Way Galaxy, it's food is still very much intact. Plus I can guarantee the Gravemind wasn't stupid enough to send every flood spore it possessed to Earth and the Ark Portal.

There's still more flood. A lot more and they will be coming. The entire existence of Halo's and the Ark is because of the flood. They are the key most important element in the Halo series. They aren't going anywhere. They won't be in Halo 4 because they're likely regrouping and forming a new Gravemind, but they'll most certainly be back in Halo 5.

DEG23
06-07-2012, 02:54 AM
^^^I don't know much about the halo universe outside of the games but i thought all flood escaped to the ark because it was outside of the rings range. Then at one point Spark said they were hundreds of thousands of light years away from our galaxy, then the ark was destroyed preventing them using the portal back to Earth. So it would be fair to say that (in theory) it would be a long time before we see the flood again if they didn't die from starvation. Of course i don't know the Chief's current location.

tl:dr Please, no more flood

TransonicPower
06-07-2012, 08:48 AM
I do not want:

I really doubt we will get 30-40 hours long campaign lol I would be fine with over 10 hours with a lot of action and some stealthier parts like the sniper missions we usually get..
And armor abilities, please no armor lock. It slows down the fights for no reason, and after using the lock you usually get killed anyways when more enemies get to the area. For example I use armor lock after my shields go down, sit there with lock for a couple of seconds and see three enemies and I know I can't win them all so why even try..

DarkReign2021
06-07-2012, 12:21 PM
^^^I don't know much about the halo universe outside of the games but i thought all flood escaped to the ark because it was outside of the rings range. Then at one point Spark said they were hundreds of thousands of light years away from our galaxy, then the ark was destroyed preventing them using the portal back to Earth. So it would be fair to say that (in theory) it would be a long time before we see the flood again if they didn't die from starvation. Of course i don't know the Chief's current location.

tl:dr Please, no more flood

It's never been stated anywhere that all flood spores escaped to the Ark or not, but you have to assume that they didn't. The flood is too widespread to gather in one place. There isn't even a guarantee that the Ark was entirely destroyed. The Halo itself was, so the Gravemind is probably dead, but the Flood can create another one.

The issue is there's a lot we don't know about the Halo universe, particularly regarding the flood. For instance, there were originally 12 Halo rings, but only 7 survived an attack on the forerunner homeworld. Those 7 were put in place and fired, but there's no guarantee it encompassed the entire galaxy. The flood is also an entity born beyond our Galaxy. It has consumed entire races and destroyed entire galaxies of life and only the Flood parasite was left after that. It's also an entity that is manipulated and used by another ancient race called the Precursors, who created the Forerunner, Humanity, and probably all of the other races in the game. When the Forerunner fought back against their creators, some fled the Galaxy. The Flood, which they intentionally use to consume races they wish to "test", is likely their means of revenge for being destroyed by the Forerunner. So as long as these precursors are alive, there will be Flood.

Like I said before, the Flood are the single most important element to the Halo series. When you look beyond the petty Human-Covenant war in the first games, you see there's a lot more going on behind the scenes.

DEG23
06-07-2012, 11:42 PM
All good, like i said i don't really know a lot about the halo universe and it has been years since i played Halo 3. I mis-interpreted Spark because it just sounded like the only place the flood were safe was the ark. Then during the ending when Cortana said the flood and halo were finished.

Of course at the time halo 4 was probably was nothing more than an idea. I guess what i'm trying to say is if the flood do make an appearance i hope there is a decent explanation, not just, 'some survived from the last trilogy' or 'we simply found more flood'

DarkReign2021
06-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Guess we'll see what happens. Anything goes at the moment. I do know that 343 already had Halo 4 in the works at the time of Halo 3's development. The terminals in the game were actually created by key members of 343's writing team to extend the universe and introduce players to the Forerunner. This game has been in the works for an insane amount of time compared to the rest of the games in the series.

Elit3 m0nkey
06-12-2012, 05:16 PM
Not to psyched that Loadouts and Armour Abilities are back, they were a nice attempt, but there were big balance issues and I'm not even sure they have been fixed yet. And now that you can customize them, it's going to get even worse (look at both CoD and BF, they both suffer from this problem).

I'll play the multiplayer a bit, but I'm going to wait until there is a Classic Playlist before putting any significant time in.

The Elite Elite
06-14-2012, 01:40 PM
I do know that 343 already had Halo 4 in the works at the time of Halo 3's development. The terminals in the game were actually created by key members of 343's writing team to extend the universe and introduce players to the Forerunner. This game has been in the works for an insane amount of time compared to the rest of the games in the series.

Where did you hear this? This is the first time I've heard that Halo 4 was already being developed before Halo 3 even came out.

LickableLemons7
06-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Where did you hear this? This is the first time I've heard that Halo 4 was already being developed before Halo 3 even came out.

I'd find a link or something if I was on my computer, but I'm having the same old technical difficulties with my Windows Phone, so I can't show you. I'm pretty sure 343i released a ViDoc soon after the announcement trailer from E3 2011. If you can't find that, try digging around in the Halo wiki and look for sources.

The Elite Elite
06-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I looked on Halopedian and found a link to a video from a few days before this year's E3 were Josh Holmes said they've been working on Halo 4 for three years now. That would place it during ODST's and Reach's development period, not Halo 3's.

ZingZitang
06-14-2012, 06:54 PM
I looked on Halopedian and found a link to a video from a few days before this year's E3 were Josh Holmes said they've been working on Halo 4 for three years now. That would place it during ODST's and Reach's development period, not Halo 3's.

Halo 4 was definitely in the planning stages during Halo 3's development, however actual development of Halo 4 by 343 might not have started until 2008.

Its all about being a Word Ninja, the leads and producers of these games are expert Word Ninjas.

Barad
06-14-2012, 10:41 PM

Agreed.

I ask of no more.

The Elite Elite
06-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Halo 4 was definitely in the planning stages during Halo 3's development, however actual development of Halo 4 by 343 might not have started until 2008.

Its all about being a Word Ninja, the leads and producers of these games are expert Word Ninjas.

Well, if that is indeed the case, then good. Should be a pretty high quality game if they've had four to five years to work on it.

Nevander
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM
I do not want a quit ban system or achievement boost ban system. I can understand boosting credits or EXP, but their system needs to be improved.

Nor do I want any armor abilities or assassinations from behind. I also don't care for a credit cap/EXP cap.

GIitch
06-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Halo: Reach's colors.

LickableLemons7
06-16-2012, 06:52 PM
After watching some multiplayer matches on Haven and Adrift, two new things caught my attention: hit markers, and a grenade detonation range indicator.

I'd rather they remove the indicator, it takes away the surprise of having a grenade flung at you and not being able to see where it's landed in certain situations. As for the hit marker, I just find it unneeded. I don't need something like that telling me I managed to hit someone.

The Elite Elite
06-16-2012, 07:31 PM
I very much agree about the grenade indicator. I'd rather not have that. It wouldn't be so bad if we could cook off the grenade before throwing it like in COD, but even then I'd still rather not have it in. If you didn't see where that grenade landed then you shouldn't have the game telling you whether or not you're in its radius.

Hitman H94
06-17-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah I agree the hit markers and the grenade indication shouldn't be in, ruin the surprise of it all.

As for hit markers they just aren't needed at all in the game.

As for loadouts I ain't too sure about just yet, I know they aren't going to make power weapons available so it might not be too bad.

The weapon drops I am not gonna like I think but are there still gonna be weapons on the map?

DarnedCargo
06-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Stupid kids!

Elit3 m0nkey
06-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Yeah I agree the hit markers and the grenade indication shouldn't be in, ruin the surprise of it all.

As for hit markers they just aren't needed at all in the game.

As for loadouts I ain't too sure about just yet, I know they aren't going to make power weapons available so it might not be too bad.

The weapon drops I am not gonna like I think but are there still gonna be weapons on the map?

I agree with Hit markers and grenade markers, they aren't needed in Halo, if ain't broke, don't fix it.

As for weapons on maps, those are gone, that's what the weapon drops are for. And I don't like it either, they are moving Halo away from the arena style multiplayer, which is disappointing since that genre is kind of dead.

HTownBoi
06-18-2012, 03:41 AM
armor lock and forge

VendableMetal
06-18-2012, 03:58 AM
Here are the things I WANT:

The old Halo 3 master chief armor
Forge Mode
A long campaign
Trueskill ranked matches or something similar
lots of armor customizations

xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
06-19-2012, 07:14 AM
I want flood but I don't want too much flood! No armorlock, a mode sorta like beast mode from gears of war 3, NO CALL OF DUTY IN MY HALO, bloom is dumb, trueskill playlists again(made halo exiting), reduce melee lunge, quitting and boosting bans removed, more focus on campaign(a man can dream), no map specific achievements, credit system that makes sense, a "join game in session type matchmaking, bigger variety of weapons, duel wielding, explain what the hell happened to June from reach?, Marcus fenix, campaign upgrades rather than multiplayer ones. A GREAT GAME!!

Drewdude1023
06-21-2012, 05:37 AM
I want searchable custom games on top of matchmaking

UncommonNL
06-22-2012, 07:10 PM
I want my old Mark of shame emblem from Halo 2 (can't remember if it was also in 3)
Also why are so many of you opposed to the flood....basically they are the corner stone of the halo universe. Without them you wouldn't need any halo's. The forerunners would all still be alive, and we wouldn't be playing the game as we know it today.
I for one love battleing the flood, no matter how annoying to kill they are, or how persistent they are. Because thats how they were made and intended.

Ty-Rex
06-22-2012, 07:53 PM
Also why are so many of you opposed to the flood
I think a lot of people have PTSD from The Library in Halo and Cortana in Halo 3. Both levels were pretty bad and more than likely left everyone hating the flood since they were the only enemies in those levels.

Most of the flood levels in Halo 2, besides Quarantine Zone, were nothing special too now that I think about it.

Man, the flood suck.

BritishVenom TM
06-25-2012, 05:49 AM
You all seem to have missed out the 'killstreaks', or ordnance drops as i think they are being called now. What with custom loadouts, 'perks' (support/tactical packages, armour abilities) and now killstreaks halo 4 is looking more and more like a CoD clone. I wonder if they're gonna announce some kind of Elite/Subscription/Season Pass scheme to milk every last penny out of us gullible fans :( oh well, ill still buy the game cos im a fool for halo.

P.S Pre-order DLC can suck a dick, excuse my french ;)

CHIRUNO99
06-25-2012, 07:41 AM
- Bugs
- Glitches
- Unplayable Sections
- A cobra in the Limited Edition box
- Stuff falling through the floor
- Spanish dialogue only
- The DVD for Barbie Horse Adventures
- Invalid codes for digital content
- A satchel containing an unidentifiable sticky liquid
- A broken CD
- A USB stick containing questionable material and a virus which relays information straight to the police
- The controls to be originally set up to support a steering wheel only

Is that too much to ask?

Vectorman953
06-28-2012, 04:19 AM
I'd like to not play with thirteen year olds.

I'm not saying they can't play,
I just don't want to be in games with their sqeels and afk-ing and side conversations (being a loudmouth to teammates and bashing skills is fine, but when its a mom yelling to do chores that's a bit much). 343 should pull a rockstar/max payne, and much like cheaters, lump all the underaged kids into their own hoppers.
And now that I think about it, that seems like something a pedophile would want.
Well, I tried. (hahah)

Rannoch
06-30-2012, 08:48 PM
I do not want master chief to show his face, hah.

The Produca
07-11-2012, 04:16 AM
Things I don't want
I can't think of anything lol. I guess I wouldn't want some more bullsh*t power weapons in mp.

Firefly2
11-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Dont really hate anything but i really want SWAT

Gackt
11-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Wallhack and kill cams...ohhhhh damn it, too late.