PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Co-Op Laggy?

P33P1NG TOM
11-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Is anyone else experiencing some hectic lag? I've been playing with a mate who lives in the same region and we both have been getting pretty bad lag. I've read some other articles written by people who have the same problem, but I'm curious to see if anyone is having the problem?

D412k Kn16h7
11-26-2011, 04:03 PM
Yep. Had that too. seems to happen when outside in a snowy region, or spraying multiple flood spores with the AR. Although I think there was a tiny delay in all my actions, I soon got used to it after a few levels.

eXoTiC Zebes0
11-26-2011, 06:10 PM
The "other player" (The one who is not hosting) laggs all the time when you play. It's really bad :(
Me and my friend mostly takes turns who is going to host :woop:

ASH4L
11-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Yep. Ran into this problem this morning on me and my bud's Legendary run. Started getting laggy outside in snowy area's and where the tiny flood spores were. It sucked ass.

Lucent Beam
11-27-2011, 12:02 AM
I've been playing with a friend for the past three days without a problem and today both of us are so laggy that it's unplayable.
Anything special about today that would break the game so badly?

EnterTheFray
11-27-2011, 12:24 AM
Im Australian, when i try to play with other people over the world its unbearable

Ganondorf6667
11-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Only works best if you play with someone from your same region. This makes it very hard to find partners for Achievement runs.

Robobeast76
11-27-2011, 10:12 PM
campaign has always been like this. It's not like MM

Xx Overkill VR
11-28-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, non host has input delay and framerate lag.

Try to system link or split screen when possible.

master_shake_350
11-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Im Australian, when i try to play with other people over the world its unbearable

I live in the UAE and I have to play with people in the UK because no one plays Halo here : (

The lag is unbelievable and the other player bitches he has lag? as host. How do you think we feel on the other end?

It was like this in Halo 3 even when we were all in the same region.

count23
12-01-2011, 12:25 AM
System link is laggy too. Even on the same network! I've had no net at home for the last 3 weeks and i system linked wtih my bro to co op legendary the campaign. We were getting lag on whichever player was the "member" and even bad enough to get "connection lost, 15 seconds to abort" messages too! (And this is on a high grade network too, with good gear and good cables).

I R BFOG
12-01-2011, 02:37 AM

Yeah Im in Melbourne trying to play with a friend in Brisbane and terrible unplayable lag for the non host

Middleton92
12-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I play online with my friend who lives down the street. whoever doesnt host. usually lags out before the end of the level.

surreal_82
12-01-2011, 03:22 PM
rage quit 10 times playing this now as got to the ends of levels on our Legendary run and it lags out, this is making the game almost unplayable... good job 343... you better not do this 2 Halo 4

Robobeast76
12-02-2011, 05:40 AM
I did a local MP split screen with a dummy controller for some of the achievements.

ApocalypticJoker
12-03-2011, 12:56 AM
the game worked fine until we hit "Assault on the Control Room"....
i died about fifteen minutes in and i couldn't move or shoot when i respawned but my partner swore up and down that i was fine. same thing happened halfway through the level...

Unalive3
12-04-2011, 12:29 AM
I predicted this game would have some serious lag and framerate drops because of how they created it. I don't have the game yet but I know its true that you can switch over to the old engine by pressing the BACK button. If in co-op you can do that as well there are 4 game engines running at any given time. Hell yeah there's going to be some framerate issues.
There were some 10 years ago and even today if you chose to play Combat Evolved on the 360. Multiply that by 2 if your playing single or 4 if your playing co-op for Anniversary.

SplashFalcon
12-05-2011, 05:03 PM
It was horrible. I played co-op with a friend over xbox live and lives in my town. Frustrating.

Then we both installed the full game on both of our hard drives and it helped some. We played 1 level. Got the co-op achievements at least. Thankfully we don't have to play the whole game for those achievements. Looking forward to trying it again soon.

riczone
12-06-2011, 11:25 AM
So Im not the only one it seems.

Drazii
12-06-2011, 09:15 PM
Yes, a lot. Especially during loading points. Also, gaining achievements causes the game to freeze for a couple of seconds for me. Just finished the campaign on Legy so I got 4 cheevos at once (Last level complete and finishing the game normal/heroic/legendary). It froze the game so hard that my co-op buddy got kicked. So the last level didn't count for him...

Amekage Demon
12-07-2011, 01:47 AM
ok i expirence some lag but thats usualy my connection but i find that going to the original graphics makes it less laggy

JONBLEACH
12-08-2011, 11:40 PM
simply put halo sucks when it comes to ONLINE CO-OP, all their previous games (bungie) were laggy as poop, the online is fine but like wtf

ajennice
12-10-2011, 01:26 AM
I wish it were just LAGGY.... I've tried speed reader 4 times whit a friend ( both US and not but 40 miles apart) each time about 2 minutes into it (at least) he's will freeze, and then we get a disconnect message...
Both running 30MB/5MB speeds...

I R BFOG
12-10-2011, 01:55 AM
I wish it were just LAGGY.... I've tried speed reader 4 times whit a friend ( both US and not but 40 miles apart) each time about 2 minutes into it (at least) he's will freeze, and then we get a disconnect message...
Both running 30MB/5MB speeds...

The Library was 100% totally unplayable in coop for me and had to do all of those cheevos solo. Any level with lots of flood left me trying to control what felt like an intoxicated spartan - the lack of control reminded me of trying to walk drunk in GTAIV lol

ajennice
12-10-2011, 03:13 AM
The Library was 100% totally unplayable in coop for me and had to do all of those cheevos solo. Any level with lots of flood left me trying to control what felt like an intoxicated spartan - the lack of control reminded me of trying to walk drunk in GTAIV lol

Most times, my bud's guy would just start walking out of control. Circles, zig zigs, etc. i'd ask him what the hell he was doing and he'd say on his screen he's standing perfectly still and can't control his guy.....What pissed me off the most was about the 3rd time we tried, we were about 2 minutes to the end with PLENTY of time....And boom....laggy then disconnect...

Nevander
12-10-2011, 06:35 AM
My co-op partner had no problems, but then again both our connections are rather good. His is better than mine but mine is still good enough to host. He had no lag, neither did I. He never lagged out, or anything like that.

ajennice
12-10-2011, 09:39 AM
You'd figure 30 meg downa nd 5 meg up would be MORE than enough.... Wired, no router....reset modems before trying... everything to get a tight signal....Screw it.. don't want to play the library any more anyhow....

Alphaqsilly
12-12-2011, 02:04 AM
ok i expirence some lag but thats usualy my connection but i find that going to the original graphics makes it less laggy

Has anyone else tried this?

I R BFOG
12-12-2011, 02:31 PM
Has anyone else tried this?

made no difference for me.

SpKXmasSpirit
12-15-2011, 04:52 AM
my cousin lives about 20min from me and has excellent internet, yet when he hosted a game I could do little more besides navigate the level with extreme difficulty far behind him while he played and defeated the level almost singlehandedly.. I might have had 3 kills all game

Virgin
12-15-2011, 06:23 PM
my cousin lives about 20min from me and has excellent internet, yet when he hosted a game I could do little more besides navigate the level with extreme difficulty far behind him while he played and defeated the level almost singlehandedly.. I might have had 3 kills all game

That's the tactic me and my co-op partner are having to use, it's so laggy for the non-host they have no choice but to stay back for the host to spawn on.

This game is up there with The Darkness for the most laggy multiplayer/coop i've ever played, fuck 343.

Unalive3
12-17-2011, 04:32 AM
Definitely not an internet issue. Sadly, I wish it was.
Its a game engine issue. This game is running both old and improved engines at once. Way too much stuff in game (perfect example is library). Single player had a few issues just imagine multiplying that by 4 for 2-player coop.

Momenkiller
12-17-2011, 04:34 AM
Its the games framerates, since it is runnign 2 engines it is terrible

lornesbored
12-18-2011, 12:29 AM
hows the lag doing? is it manageable yet? I wanna get this game freaking done in co-op!

I R BFOG
12-18-2011, 01:58 AM
hows the lag doing? is it manageable yet? I wanna get this game freaking done in co-op!

The person with the lag stays back so the person without it can spawn on them when they die. That was the only solution for me lol. I do not think there will ever be a fix for it, just how it is I'm afraid :(

lornesbored
12-18-2011, 02:11 AM
that sucks, well I already beat the campaign on legendary solo but I just want it to say that I've done both, will have to do it splitscreen I suppose.

I'm pretty shocked they didn't catch this in testing, but I'm almost positive it is due to the fact that they were all doing a LAN test of the features over LIVE instead of doing it across the country or state.

I R BFOG
12-18-2011, 02:42 AM
that sucks, well I already beat the campaign on legendary solo but I just want it to say that I've done both, will have to do it splitscreen I suppose.

I'm pretty shocked they didn't catch this in testing, but I'm almost positive it is due to the fact that they were all doing a LAN test of the features over LIVE instead of doing it across the country or state.

Yep couldn't agree more. I'm extremely grateful to have this game in HD none the less. Maybe they could release a patch to turn off the in game switching from classic to hd in the main menu. I'd rather have no frame rate/lag and actually be able to play it coop than to have immense lag in a beautiful environment. I spose that was the main selling point so it'll never happen. Meh still the best remake I've seen ;)

xxNIGHTWINGxxx
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
The lag issues are horrid and make co-op unplayable.

Venomized
12-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Can anyone answer either of these two questions:

When will they fix the problem?

And why the fuck are they so damn slow to fix the problem, let alone release the game with the problem...should have been obvious from the start

Moltisanti
12-25-2011, 06:20 PM
Feel like ive been ripped off, i was gunna buy it either way because its halo but to make a co-op campaign unplayable just pisses me off

Moltisanti
12-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Can anyone answer either of these two questions:

When will they fix the problem?

And why the fuck are they so damn slow to fix the problem, let alone release the game with the problem...should have been obvious from the start

Bungie only pay attention to the most popular game which SHOULD be anniversary as its christmas and all, i bet a lot of people like myself have just got it but Reach still has more players and they are gunna try and keep the servers etc smooth on there, its just like call of duty makers, they only care about the latest game, they dont care if the others get modded etc because it isnt necessarily affecting them, im hoping for a patch or something because its literally unplayable and not fair, especially with co-op achievements

Ayx
12-25-2011, 07:26 PM
I picked this game up for my Sister on Christmas for the Reach MP (Thinking it'd be like ODST with H3, worse idea ever.)

So I decided to do the Campaign to 1000g this game on Co-Op online since it seemed more fun and less frustrating. Boy was I wrong. Me and my partner took a whole hour beating the first mission because the lag was just so unbearable. Really disappointed in this purchase, if it doesn't fix soon I'll just make my sister play with me in Split Screen.

Spargo CXVII
12-27-2011, 01:35 AM
Wtf 343!!!! coop online just sucks!!!!

bblcreator8790
12-31-2011, 01:36 AM
I also seem to be getting issues where the second player's game will freeze (playing over LIVE) when both of us die at the same time and have to reload a checkpoint on Legendary. Online co-op with this game sucks.

xxNIGHTWINGxxx
01-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Bungie only pay attention to the most popular game which SHOULD be anniversary as its christmas and all, i bet a lot of people like myself have just got it but Reach still has more players and they are gunna try and keep the servers etc smooth on there, its just like call of duty makers, they only care about the latest game, they dont care if the others get modded etc because it isnt necessarily affecting them, im hoping for a patch or something because its literally unplayable and not fair, especially with co-op achievements

Bungie really did have anything to do with this release. It was all 343 industries.

I'm find myself amazed that they haven't put out a fix for this yet. There is quite a ruckus about it going on in the xbox.com forums. You'd think that it would gain a response from 343 as to when they are going to fix this issue.

AdHominem
01-03-2012, 02:45 AM
oh my god, and i thought im the only one ! THANKS GUYS!

you know whats funny:

Coop:

Gears of War 2+3 = Super Lag free !
Halo 3/ODST/Anni. = Lag like hell

Online MP:

Gears of War 2(+3) = Lag like hell (3 not so much)
Halo 3/Reach/Anni. = Super Lag free !

;);)

D Doublya 03
01-04-2012, 04:42 AM
Still having serious lag issues. Every time both of us die it freezes.

Pointblank25
01-30-2012, 11:51 PM
Can confirm that the guest is indeed quite laggy. Host is, apparently, unaffected.

SiKiTtOyA
03-17-2012, 08:47 AM
There is no lag on N routers. My friend and i tried this a couple of months ago and the lag was horrible. He had a G (WRT54GL) router and I have N (E4200). So anyways he finally bought a new N router (E4200v2) and we tested it. There was NO co-op lag what so ever.

So maybe there is an issue with some G routers? His connection for a lot of other games was totally fine too and we played co op all the time but halo was the only one that lagged. So maybe if you have lag and have the $$ you should invest.