PDA

View Full Version : Changes from Continuum Shift

OnionKnight14
11-27-2011, 04:17 AM
i made this thread so everyone can know the differences between the previous version because they think Relius is the only knew thing about it -____-
Relius Clover
Enhanced Legion Mode
Unlimited Mars mode (where you fight 10 unlimited characters in succesion)
Abyss Mode (a type of survival mode where you fight to the finish)
New distortion drives for unlimited characters
New story mode scenarios for the DLC characters and Relius
Calamity Trigger Scenarios

VIDEO OF NEW DISTORTION DRIVES
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEFHv-Vk-dM

If i missed something or if there is something you want to add please do :)

WREQUIEM
11-28-2011, 08:03 PM
I like all of those new moves. Still not sure if get

Plym
11-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Aaargh, I'm so in two minds about whether to get this or not.
I really wish I hadn't bought Continuum Shift and the DLC... It would be a no brainer for me then.

Are there any character buffs/nerfs?

OnionKnight14
11-29-2011, 02:12 AM
Aaargh, I'm so in two minds about whether to get this or not.
I really wish I hadn't bought Continuum Shift and the DLC... It would be a no brainer for me then.

Are there any character buffs/nerfs?

idk, i wish Arcsys had a change log for this type of stuff, or maybe they do and i just never heard about it. i did find this however, it may prove to be useful

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12315-BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-Extend-loketest-8-25-UNHELPFUL-POST-TEMPBAN

as soon as i can get an official change log or a more complete one i will post a new thread about it

bustedwolf
11-29-2011, 11:40 AM
idk, i wish Arcsys had a change log for this type of stuff, or maybe they do and i just never heard about it. i did find this however, it may prove to be useful

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?12315-BlazBlue-Continuum-Shift-Extend-loketest-8-25-UNHELPFUL-POST-TEMPBAN

as soon as i can get an official change log or a more complete one i will post a new thread about it

Dustloop is about as official as you'll get. All the changes they have listed are from the most recent loc-tests.

WREQUIEM
11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Dustloop is about as official as you'll get. All the changes they have listed are from the most recent loc-tests.

YEP thats a nice link. thats what pro gamers look for(not all) balances and what not.

OnionKnight14
12-01-2011, 10:44 PM

thats good to know

TheMetalFonzy
12-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Well, if anyone is interested in some changes done to Tao, here's a vid some guy made. Pretty interesting, especially with the changes to her 6C.

BBCS:EX Taokaka Combo Tutorial - YouTube

Also, off the top of my head, Tsubaki can do her mugen mid-air now and Ragna's Carnage Scissors is anti-projectile now.

WREQUIEM
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
This isn't going to happen but I'd love it if EX added some new levels and songs something umvc3 has done. Extend is probably finished already though. still wondering if this is a buy or not. Probably will get it just because it has 'blazblue' in it.

OnionKnight14
12-03-2011, 11:23 PM
This isn't going to happen but I'd love it if EX added some new levels and songs something umvc3 has done. Extend is probably finished already though. still wondering if this is a buy or not. Probably will get it just because it has 'blazblue' in it.

there are new songs and levels

WREQUIEM
12-03-2011, 11:40 PM
there are new songs and levels

Whelp guess that means I'm buying. I have seen these new songs, not levels though.

bleachboy35
12-05-2011, 03:23 AM
I have to say but I thought lambda's was cool

Nei Debrusc
12-16-2011, 07:45 AM
I want to buy this, but I still need to finish CS. Ashamed to say it, but I put the game down after failing online and haven't picked it up except a quick game of Legion mode. But the added storylines for the new characters is a big plus for me.

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if the preexisting characters' storylines are being updated or changed in anyway?

"I'm all see-through and crap!" -best line in a fighting game EVER

WREQUIEM
12-17-2011, 01:53 AM
I want to buy this, but I still need to finish CS. Ashamed to say it, but I put the game down after failing online and haven't picked it up except a quick game of Legion mode. But the added storylines for the new characters is a big plus for me.

Forgive my ignorance, but does anyone know if the preexisting characters' storylines are being updated or changed in anyway?

"I'm all see-through and crap!" -best line in a fighting game EVER
They didn't say so it's a maybe.

"Story Mode has been revamped, adding additional scenes and dialogue"

Nei Debrusc
12-17-2011, 04:45 AM
They didn't say so it's a maybe.

"Story Mode has been revamped, adding additional scenes and dialogue"
Thanks for that. From the sounds of it, they're going to add additional routes and expand on existing scenes, probably giving the DLC characters a bigger role in other stories. I have no problem with this.

TheMetalFonzy
12-23-2011, 02:53 AM
Well, someone just uploaded all of the character challenges. Good God are there a lot of challenges now. I think there are a total of 15 for each character now.

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Hazama - YouTube

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Tsubaki - YouTube

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Lambda-11 - YouTube

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Bang - YouTube

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Hakumen - YouTube

I'll post these for now. I don't feel like overloading this page with videos lol.

Pegasus Tenma
12-23-2011, 11:15 PM
well, someone just uploaded all of the character challenges. Good god are there a lot of challenges now. I think there are a total of 15 for each character now.

blazblue:continuum shift extend challenges - hazama - youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cygd9p5_wm)

blazblue:continuum shift extend challenges - tsubaki - youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzhw-jzovzu)

blazblue:continuum shift extend challenges - lambda-11 - youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnbzwr_xxcm)

blazblue:continuum shift extend challenges - bang - youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnqokqma-de)

blazblue:continuum shift extend challenges - hakumen - youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfgjpsm45bw)

i'll post these for now. I don't feel like overloading this page with videos lol.
y u no put ragna?

Jakez123
12-24-2011, 01:15 AM
From the mission vids ( i was watching Tager) It did not split up the first few missions into 2 different combo's but instead all you had to do was do 1 combo to proceed to the next trial

TheMetalFonzy
12-24-2011, 07:31 AM
y u no put ragna?

Here you go Peggy.

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Ragna - YouTube

From the mission vids ( i was watching Tager) It did not split up the first few missions into 2 different combo's but instead all you had to do was do 1 combo to proceed to the next trial

Like I said, I did not make the videos. You can message the guy or something since he does have a youtube channel.

Pegasus Tenma
12-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Here you go Peggy.

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Ragna - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxPEceLvXQ)

Like I said, I did not make the videos. You can message the guy or something since he does have a youtube channel.
Damn I like the last combo hehe. Don't worry Fonzy I will be doing it to you a lot ;)

Jakez123
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Here you go Peggy.

BlazBlue:Continuum Shift Extend Challenges - Ragna - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAxPEceLvXQ)

Sorry i think i didn't explain what i meant clearly, you know in Blazblue CS, let's take Jin for example, lets say you try mission 1, you'll do the combo and then you'll have to do a second combo, and finally after doing this second combo you can then go to missions 2. This 2 "combo" rule for missions usually lasted up until the characters 5th mission and after that mission 6-10 only required you to preform 1 combo.

In extend it seems like this is not the case as tager did the 4th mission only doing 1 combo and went immediately to mission 5.

If this still makes no sense then disregard it lol.

Dark Sayer
12-29-2011, 12:52 PM
^This post makes sense. If the achievement is for 100 missions, and there are more missions in total, plus less challenges per mission in the lower levels, overall the trials should be more difficult to give the achievement some recognition.

But as you can see in these videos, that's not really the case. This game should be easier than its prequel.

Jakez123
12-29-2011, 09:55 PM
^This post makes sense. If the achievement is for 100 missions, and there are more missions in total, plus less challenges per mission in the lower levels, overall the trials should be more difficult to give the achievement some recognition.

But as you can see in these videos, that's not really the case. This game should be easier than its prequel.

Exactly, most offline achievements will be easy, spamming tager or jin for them hard cheevos like abyss and/or score attack.

The only real "WTF" achievement is the PSR of 200 one which may be challenging (or not?)

OnionKnight14
12-30-2011, 01:32 AM
Exactly, most offline achievements will be easy, spamming tager or jin for them hard cheevos like abyss and/or score attack.

The only real "WTF" achievement is the PSR of 200 one which may be challenging (or not?)

im going to have to be on ranked match and play a perfect Makoto/Lambda/Platinum/Valkenhayne in order to get to 50 PSR on CS idk how im going to get 200 PSR -________-

kennyubasterd00
01-09-2012, 02:49 AM
Anyone hear anything about the story? Is it just going to be CS with CT scenerios, is there going to be extra stuff added to CS, or a completely different story?

KongQuest
01-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Anyone hear anything about the story? Is it just going to be CS with CT scenerios, is there going to be extra stuff added to CS, or a completely different story?
Story Mode:
-you have a summarized CT story (Key Parts featuring Ragna, Jin, Noel, CT ending)
-Everything CS had. (All character stories, True End, TIPS from CS, exactly as they were in CS)
-New scenarios for the 4 new characters
-EX1 (Military Academy) and EX2 (Sector Seven) These are brief episodes that don't include any fights or story branch choices. They're still needed for 100% gallery though

Also...
Purchaseable Extra Content in Gallery:
-Each Character's Unlimited version
-Each Character's 12 Additional Colors
-Additional system voices (Taokaka A+B, Jin A+B, Carl A+B)

(purchased with P$, not real money. lol)

Jakez123
01-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Story Mode:
-you have a summarized CT story (Key Parts featuring Ragna, Jin, Noel, CT ending)
-Everything CS had. (All character stories, True End, TIPS from CS, exactly as they were in CS)
-New scenarios for the 4 new characters
-EX1 (Military Academy) and EX2 (Sector Seven) These are brief episodes that don't include any fights or story branch choices. They're still needed for 100% gallery though

Also...
Purchaseable Extra Content in Gallery:
-Each Character's Unlimited version
-Each Character's 12 Additional Colors
-Additional system voices (Taokaka A+B, Jin A+B, Carl A+B)

I take it system voices are when you travel around the menu the character which you select to do the voice is the one announcing the menu screens and the one that says "rebel 1" and so forth?

sera07
01-09-2012, 06:39 PM
remind me nobody buy character voice for the previous game (even 80pts)

TheMetalFonzy
01-11-2012, 05:32 PM
remind me nobody buy character voice for the previous game (even 80pts)

Gah! The new voice for the game isn't very good either. Am I the only one who actually liked the default announcer voice for BBCS?

WREQUIEM
01-11-2012, 10:47 PM
Gah! The new voice for the game isn't very good either. Am I the only one who actually liked the default announcer voice for BBCS?

I liked it. Nothing was wrong with it.

sera07
01-13-2012, 09:38 AM

I only wander why have to pay it since it already on disc
and where is Kana? Nakamura? Sugita? They are the main CV after all ...[I give credit to Sawashiro and Saito]

OnionKnight14
01-13-2012, 04:24 PM
I only wander why have to pay it since it already on disc
and where is Kana? Nakamura? Sugita? They are the main CV after all ...[I give credit to Sawashiro and Saito]

i heard that you can purchase in the "in game shop"

Albel Nox
02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Calamity Trigger Scenarios

Wait, does this mean that Extend has all of the story scenarios from Both Calamity Trigger and Continuum Shift on the same disk? o_o

sera07
02-10-2012, 01:15 PM
sorry, nope. they just remaking the first game =.=

Pakhair
04-26-2012, 02:48 AM
And no body mentioned but Abyss is sweet and addictive. Every fighting game should have it.

And a question for Clover players, Did Relius Clover (Whose a stupid edition) killed Carl Clover?

In my opinion Relius is tons better then Carl, his damage output is good and he can take more damage, his nox noctores moves are better and has bigger barrier gauge.

But still Carl players will know better

Pakhair
05-16-2012, 04:42 PM
I take it back what I said above, Relius is a freak, Carl is still hard to pick and his damage output is terrible but leave that for now.

I'll mention that the first post is wrong and there ain't any legion mode in this game + Bang's voice actor is different, which is not cool I loved Bang :(. Anyways that's all I found