PDA

View Full Version : robbery achievement

PhilpotMusic
04-16-2006, 07:28 PM
Does anyone have any ideas how to get this achievement (besides luck)? I've been through 5 games trying to do this, any ideas would help alot. thanks!

PhilpotMusic

DJHUNTERD
04-16-2006, 07:33 PM
If you look in the other threads for this game people have posted how to get this achy. I don't know how well they work though since my copy has not arrived yet.:(

PhilpotMusic
04-16-2006, 09:56 PM
I've also been working on the theif achievement. and i've stolen over 5 bases. i've done everything right as far as i know and i'm still not getting the achievement. has anyone else had this problem?

CrazyCougar
04-16-2006, 10:04 PM
I got it on my first attempt at it. Stole 5 bases using 4 different guys. As soon as the 5th base was stolen the game unlocked the achievement. Be sure that its a clean steal and not a defensive indifference (meaning that the opponent wont try to pick off the guy as its meaningless). Also be sure its not on a passed ball or error as it wont be recorded as a steal either.

PhilpotMusic
04-17-2006, 04:10 AM
alright man. thanks alot i'll try it again. i think i know what i was doing wrong now. thanks again

PhilpotMusic

ocfp
04-17-2006, 05:16 AM
Does anyone have any ideas how to get this achievement (besides luck)? I've been through 5 games trying to do this, any ideas would help alot. thanks!

PhilpotMusic

the way i did this is play as the twins in Minni since it has the short walls.played against the Yanks and keeped throwing fast balls down the middle. in the 3rd inning Matsui blasted one and good old Hunter leaped up. u have to press the RS up when u are against the wall.

ba11a818
04-17-2006, 05:45 AM
HAHA, Thanks man, just robbed a homer w/ Tori vs. Yanks after reading this, it took me 1 whole inning! Sheffield got robbed, great tip man! now I gotta get those 20 runs.

Steve519
04-19-2006, 03:08 AM
the way i did this is play as the twins in Minni since it has the short walls.played against the Yanks and keeped throwing fast balls down the middle. in the 3rd inning Matsui blasted one and good old Hunter leaped up. u have to press the RS up when u are against the wall.
thanks for the help, that works great

ocfp
04-20-2006, 07:33 AM
Glad to help

HellzManik
04-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah Thanks!!!

This tip helped me out ALOT..

However,
I'm having issues with the "Theif" achievement. The one where you have to steal 5 bases.... I acctually stole 19 bases in one game and 5 of them were stolen with 1 player. So why did I not receive the achievement??
(I posted a thread about this but I figured I'd bring it up here since I was typing anyway)

Anyways,
THANKS AGAIN.

ocfp
04-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Yeah Thanks!!!

However,
I'm having issues with the "Theif" achievement. The one where you have to steal 5 bases.... I acctually stole 19 bases in one game and 5 of them were stolen with 1 player. So why did I not receive the achievement??
(I posted a thread about this but I figured I'd bring it up here since I was typing anyway)

Anyways,

THANKS AGAIN.

glitch and that sux. i got this one right away

Yankeez
04-20-2006, 08:00 PM
Yeah Thanks!!!

However,

Anyways,
THANKS AGAIN.

how the hell do you steal 19 bases in 1 game without messing with the sliders

HellzManik
04-20-2006, 08:19 PM
Its easy..

You manually adjust the players INDIVIDUAL stats through Roster Management.

You basically adjust the team your going to use so that they are basically PERFECT at EVERYTHING..
Then you manually adjust the team your going to play against to make them HORRIBLE at EVERYTHING..

Its that easy.

It does not affect the PRO settings either.

tank
05-08-2006, 02:18 AM
Playing the Twins VS NY in Minnisota worked great. I edited my fielders to be maxed out and my pitcher with max stamina so he could keep throwing fast balls.

agentexx
05-08-2006, 03:40 PM
This wall climb achievement is really on my last nerve. Is this easier to do with the cheats?

RoutineX
05-09-2006, 07:04 PM
He wont be doing that any more. The user is permbanned and IP is noted and traced. If this keeps going on, he will be filed for harassment.

snafegeeza
05-09-2006, 07:21 PM
good work routine that guys an asshole. I would liked to have ripped him to pieces first.

Maka
05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
That would've been fun ;)

Halo 3!!!!1! ahhh! "Girl Scream"

Really nice theme, good trailer but the pics get a meh...

Pigpen Piggers
07-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Dumb luck and gin in my case. . .

temp0r
07-10-2006, 12:23 AM
it took me 8 homeruns and 7 innings before hunter snagged one for me .. didn't know you had to jump AT the red arrow.

thanks for the tips !

x RedEmPtioN xX
07-16-2006, 10:11 PM
HAHA, Thanks man, just robbed a homer w/ Tori vs. Yanks after reading this, it took me 1 whole inning! Sheffield got robbed, great tip man! now I gotta get those 20 runs. yea the same thing happend to me sheffield go robbed in the first inning. this works great

PerpetualHeaven
07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
Don't go to the Minny Twins. That's a terrible place to do it because there is the wall in the middle I think or the right and you can't jump it or homers can't be hit there. That gets really annoying as they consisently hit it there for me.
My tips is this:
-Be Detriot Tigers and max out their back field
-Pick a team and max out their batters completely

That should do it real good because some players are too slow and you won't be able to get there in time if it's a steep hit. You'll get it in no time if you can't get it now.

CxF Pr0v0k3d
09-07-2006, 12:45 AM
i must be retarted.. its now 41 - 0 the yanks are beating me, and i cant snag homeruns.. ITS THE SECOND INNING.. theyve hit about 30 homeruns without me snagging any!

any more tips for the handicapped..

EDIT: I got the achv.. i was clicking RS instead of pushing it up..it was 113-0 in the 4th when got robbed damon :D

Graham31004
06-23-2007, 02:25 AM
That was great. I don't think I've ever seen a game go over 100 runs lol. Glad you got your Achievement though. Grats

x Gs x Sgt Mac
11-09-2007, 02:37 AM
i got in it in third innign 122-1 just keeped letting them get the base if they hit a ground ball

zdarko43
01-17-2008, 04:18 AM
when am i supposed to time pressing up with the r-stick? he always seems to want to dive off to the side and entirely miss it.

yanks2008
01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
I got this on my first game while trying 2 get this acheivement. Play as any regular MLB team and play against the Cooperstown Legends. Just throw fastballs down the middle of the plate and let them blast the ball. If the shadow of ball has a little red arrow in it you need to run to it and if you can catch it will give u the option and it will have a message saying to click up on the RS button. I did it with Matsui. The guide for this also says to do it in PNC Park (Pirates) dont know y but I got it.

100%~
Halo 3
MLB 2K6
NHL 2K7 (950)

Almost There~
NBA 2K7 (985/1000)