View Full Version : This game sucks.....

JC Elite
08-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Does anyone else here think this game blows? Granted, I have never been a big fan of the Tony Hawk games. But, even if am not a fan of certain game genre, I can still tell that a game is of good quality. This is not one of those games.

Between the TERRIBLE visuals and horrific story mode, I could only muster 165 pts. before I quit. It's obvious Neversoft put zero effort in porting this over to the 360. The classic mode is still kind of fun, but it sucks that you unlock all the areas in the game (for online play and free play) through the lame story mode. What I thought was an easy 900 pts. turned into only 165. Very disappointing.

JC Elite
08-04-2007, 10:22 PM
If I give that game a shot, it won't be for awhile. I gotta somehow get this nasty taste of THAW out of my mouth first. PGR3 here I come.....:)

Xx Overkill VR
08-11-2007, 06:15 PM
this game is nothing like thaw... that game was pretty bad... this game on the other hand has amazing graphics and is ALOT more realistic than thaw where in that game you can go 150ft of a quarterpipe... some people may not like this game because of how realistic it is but the graphics and story a very good... way better than all the previous tony hawk games.

08-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Wasn't it a port though? You have to remember that the Tony Hawk's games are on more than one platform, so the developers have to make sure that the game works on each one and if they put silky smooth graphics in the game then the last gen console will struggle to keep up.

I don't think the game is that good though, fortunately Neversoft turned away from the 'comedic' parts of the franchise for the following game and it improved a little. But the new games don't hold anything to the first two or three.

08-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Guess I need to stay away from this one.

Vampire x360a
08-11-2007, 08:26 PM
nah its not to bad, ive defo played worse

08-11-2007, 08:27 PM
This game sucks even more when i went for the 1000/1000... got it! But the GAPs were terribly annoying.

08-12-2007, 12:11 PM
This game was a port, came out on the 360 a month or so after the inital release of the game, I bought it on Xbox and then again for my 360. All in all I've completed the story mode at least 5 times, I can now go from start to end in 2 and half hours (I timed myself lol). I also bothered to get every gap, but I don't regret it as I found the game amusing.

JC Elite
08-12-2007, 09:02 PM
I just started playing it again because it drives me nuts that I only have 200 pts. from it so far and I really want to finish the game. Damn my stubborn, obessive nature! Lol. The classic mode is still fun, of course. This is definately one of those games that I would never play through if it wasn't for the achievements.

mr mike 21
09-04-2007, 06:49 PM
This game is pretty bad I am stuck on the wallflip I go to classic mode and i can do it with no problem when I try it in story mode its almost impossible to do one thats not even the first time this happened there are like 5 other tricks that took forever.

01-03-2008, 01:39 AM
I bought this game 2 years ago for a cheap price and played it once. Hated it. Couldn't blame the game though, I guess I'm just not good with the whole skating genre. I put it in today for the first time in 2 years to work on achievements, and I still suck at it. Just not a big fan of this game :(

01-03-2008, 01:54 AM
and I was about to rent this game thanks for the tips guys. :woop:

Lord of Fate
01-16-2008, 04:50 AM
This game sucks even more when i went for the 1000/1000... got it! But the GAPs were terribly annoying.
Yeah the only thing I seriously hate about this game is that there's an achievement for completing all the gaps.

03-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Yeah the only thing I seriously hate about this game is that there's an achievement for completing all the gaps.

Yes, there are some that are linked into the story so if you dont do them, you cant go back.

04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
yeah. this is easily the weakest in the series. i was a huge fan since the first game but after this one and all the ones that came next... i just dont care anymore.

http://card.mygamercard.net/cylinder/reject444.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/reject444)

08-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Well, I liked it. It was one of the first games I ever played on Xbox original and I beat it 2-3 times. :D. The graphics are pretty good and I found the story mode fun, actually.

Don't have it for the 360 but the achievements look REALLY easy.

08-16-2008, 11:06 PM
i thought it was ok it wasnt the worst easy 1000g i thought

10-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Was an easy (and fun) 900g. Nuts to the gaps!

10-18-2008, 08:25 AM
yeah I got 900 too but this IS the worst THPS I had ever played

10-18-2008, 07:02 PM
I dont know why everyone hates this game, its a hell of a lot better than proving ground and thug2!

Well thats my opinion really. the best tony hawk game is probabally either 4 or thug

10-19-2008, 05:46 AM
It was an alright game. It's not like I expected them to reinvent the wheel with this one. It's built off the same engine as the earlier titles with a few extras. I just think people are getting tired with the formula...this game really isn't any different from the other THPS or THUG games, but it's just starting to look really dated.

As far as getting the 100%, not worth it unless you are truly obsessed with getting the 1000. It's an extremely quick and easy 850, but can be a frustrating 1000.

11-03-2008, 08:24 PM
All you people hating the game are idiots. Everyone I know that has played the game really liked it. One saying its the best game ever. The game was wicked when it was out. Online was a blast, story was wicked and easy gamerscore. For JC Elite why are you playing this game? For achievements? Well that is sad and stupid, yeah the achievements are fun but you should play this game even if it had no achievements. Its awesome and with such a low gamerscore (than you did have when you last posted) you would not know what is good or not

01-07-2009, 05:32 AM
I enjoyed this game a lot I hope they go back to the old style and get away from the stupid semi-realism thing. It's fun doing crazy stuff.

01-08-2009, 05:08 PM
i wish they still made good tony hawk games