PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Display cases?

fallout frank
11-29-2011, 12:13 AM
I have finally decided to move out of Whiterun and have bought the home in Windhelm, but I don't seem to be able to use the display cases or wall mounts.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this another glitch, I only get the option to open and close the display cases, and no option at all when looking at the wall mounts.

GeorgeOP
11-29-2011, 12:24 AM
You need to drop the item. Then point your cursor at it. Press and hold the A button and you can move the item to where you want it (display case, wall mount, weapon rack, etc).

fallout frank
11-29-2011, 12:40 AM
O.k so guy above is talking rubbish, your just supposed to press A on the case, rack or wall mount but it seems to have glitched and I can't put anything in any of them.

Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Taylorboy
11-29-2011, 12:57 AM
The only thing i could mention that you haven't stated is that,

Weapons / Shields

Weapon must be equipped (Sheathed or not). Look at the far right/left of a wall mount then press A with the prompt. Shield goes centre spot after two items are placed on a wall mount. For a dagger, hold a dagger then press A on the centre of the velvet material on a dagger display case.

For Armour on a mannequin,

Pretty obvious, press A on the mannequin swap over items.

Sorry if you are actually doing this but you didn't put it so its the only thing i can think of :P.

So have weapon equipped and make sure you facing full left or right of the wall mount or centre of dagger case.

fallout frank
11-29-2011, 01:03 AM
I have tried with the weapon equipped, its just a glitch if you buy the house before doing a certain mission the house doesn't work.

Taylorboy
11-29-2011, 01:10 AM
I have tried with the weapon equipped, its just a glitch if you buy the house before doing a certain mission the house doesn't work.

Ahh fair enough. Do you know which mission ?

dragonpwnr99
11-29-2011, 03:18 AM
Ahh fair enough. Do you know which mission ?
The wiki says its is fixed by completing the blood on the ice quest. Both parts.

fallout frank
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
The wiki says its is fixed by completing the blood on the ice quest. Both parts.

Really? Any chance you know how to start the second part. I have done it up to where the mage gets arrested.

redlight racer
11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Here's the walkthrough for that quest (I'd Copy/paste it here, but don't want to post spoilers): http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood_on_the_Ice