PDA

View Full Version : Resuming from Checkpoint

Merch
11-30-2011, 01:48 AM
So I'm on the mission Truth and Reconciliation on Legendary. Rescued Keyes, got back to the bridge then the game freezes. When I restart the xbox and resume campaign it puts me at the dropship at the very start of the level. Is this a glitch or is there no way to resume from checkpoints in this game?

Delta438
11-30-2011, 02:17 AM
Unfortunately, you'll have to restart the level. Same thing happened to me, my game crashed in the middle of the level, and when I booted up the game again they didn't give me the option to resume from last checkpoint.

Actually a little disappointed with the stability of this game, it either hangs for a few seconds when you unlock an achievement, or it crashes when something graphically intensive happens. I threw a grenade at a bunch of infection forms, they all popped and my game crashed.

Merch
11-30-2011, 02:37 AM
Ugh, not really looking forward to playing through it again. Thanks anyway though.

For the record the game froze when Keys got stuck full of needles when the grunts flood the bridge. Does using the old graphics improve stability? I'll probably switch it for this mission if it does.

whodontlikgreen
11-30-2011, 05:13 AM
it only resume from check points if you save and quit

Alphaqsilly
11-30-2011, 09:05 AM

I notice a lot of people complain about this and think its a glitch. All Halo games have been like this. There is no auto save you have to manually save. You'd think after all this time they would have made an auto save or at least a save and continue option.

kms_md
11-30-2011, 06:11 PM

this. i had the same freeze in TaR and had to restart the level. i have just got into the habit of save/quitting whenever i am coming up to a potentially challenging area just in case a freeze occurs.