PDA

View Full Version : Quick Kinect Question

MagicMurderBag7
11-30-2011, 04:59 AM
I just got a Kinect bundle with GunStringer and Fruit Ninja as download tokens and i'm running out of hard drive space. So i was just wondering (since it wont be opened until Christmas) how much space do they both take? I'm thinking that it can't be more then 3 gigs combined but i would like to know in advanced so i can make some room.

Thanks.

AgentOrange330
11-30-2011, 05:01 AM
I don't know personally but if you check on the Marketplace they should tell you what the download sizes are. Just select the game like you were going to buy it an eventually a screen will come up saying the download size. I think the Gunstringer is a disc game so did you get the disc for Gunstringer and a token for just Fruit Ninja as a download?

MagicMurderBag7
11-30-2011, 05:04 AM
It looked like it was a download token for Gunstringer but i'll check again. I can't imagine Fruit Ninja taking up too much space. It seems like a fairly simple game.

Edit: Nope its a download:
Incudes "Kinect Adventures!" and token codes for downloadable versions of "Gunstringer" and "Fruit Ninja Kinect"

AgentOrange330
11-30-2011, 05:33 AM
I forgot I had Fruit Ninja. Its 141 MB. Thats weird that it says Gunstringer is downloadable because its not on the Marketplace and all the bundles I've found online like that say Gunstringer is included on a disc. Other than that I'd say if the Gunstringer is a download it could be quiet hefty. Installing a full disc game can sometimes take up 5 GB or more...

AgentOrange330
11-30-2011, 05:36 AM
I stand corrected! The Gunstringer IS on the marketplace. It was under THE Gunstringer and not just Gunstringer. HA! Anyway, it says its free there and 697 MB. I'm glad I saw this because I had no idea the Gunstringer was free. It must be a demo or just a few levels. The disc game itself is usually $40...

MagicMurderBag7
11-30-2011, 05:43 AM
That must be a demo. I don't think it would be free and I would think it's at least 2 gigs. I have the GoD version of Reach and that takes up 6 gigs.

Edit:
all the bundles I've found online like that say Gunstringer is included on a disc.
Its from Amazon so I would think it's the same one from everywhere else.

Veedrock
11-30-2011, 01:06 PM
The Gunstringer is a download token everywhere, anywhere advertising otherwise is wrong. And it's possible for stuff to be available for download but not available for purchase.

What you can do is put your code in on your console and it should tell you what it is and how large the file is before you confirm your submission. So if you input the code, you'll get the information you need and can still back out of the confirmation before the code is actually used.

MagicMurderBag7
11-30-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't want to open the Kinect because its a Christmas present.

I've google the crap out of it and i can't find an answer. Best i could find is that a torrent of the game is about 3 gigs.

Worhammer
11-30-2011, 08:03 PM
I don't want to open the Kinect because its a Christmas present.

I've google the crap out of it and i can't find an answer. Best i could find is that a torrent of the game is about 3 gigs.
Just checked on my HDD; the game installed off a disc is 3.9GB. So I imagine that downloading it would be similar, or slightly less because of the lack of DRM stuff (if there is a lack...)

MagicMurderBag7
11-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Just checked on my HDD; the game installed off a disc is 3.9GB. So I imagine that downloading it would be similar, or slightly less because of the lack of DRM stuff (if there is a lack...)
Alright thanks. Looks like i need to free up a little over 4 gigs then.

Goddamn Rock Band, releasing DLC all the time and hogging up my hard drive.

[Waggly Bean]
11-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Be aware that there is free DLC for Gunstringer, and that is an extra 2GB. ;)

MagicMurderBag7
11-30-2011, 09:02 PM
;4727194']Be aware that there is free DLC for Gunstringer, and that is an extra 2GB. ;)
I knew there was free DLC, but 2Gigs!!!!! C'mon!!!

[Waggly Bean]
11-30-2011, 10:49 PM
I knew there was free DLC, but 2Gigs!!!!! C'mon!!!

I know, I'm with you on that. I'm really really low on HDD space right now - only got 1.2GB left on my 120HDD! :eek:

Twisted Pixel's games (and I guess content) do alway seems to be huge. They do put a LOT of silly video sequences into their games though - I guess the "Wavy Tube Man Chronicles" has more of that sort of stuff in it, so it's probably worth making that extra bit of room for it. ;)

As you've got yourself a Kinect, don't forget there are other freebies around. Kinect Fun Labs has free apps: Bobble Head, Googly Eyes, Build A Buddy and Kinect Me were all free from launch. Avatar Kinect is also free, but total pointless crap. Battle Stuff has also just launched and is free (don't know if it will be forever though), and Air Band and Mutation Station have both been free recently (probably not anymore but worth a check).

The sizes of these on my HDD are:

Kinect Fun Labs (hub - needed to play any of these): 723MB
Air Band: 407MB
Battle Stuff: 210MB
Bobble Head: 210MB
Build A Buddy: 256MB
Googly Eyes: Included in size of Fun Labs hub I think??
Kinect Me: Included in size of Fun Labs hub as well??
Mutation Station: 159MB

Even if you don't have the space right now, you should at least put any free ones on your download queue and then remove them again. This way, if it becomes paid content in future you will still be able to get it for free as it will have registered as you having previously owned it. ;)

MagicMurderBag7
11-30-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah i recently got rid of Comic Jumper because it was 2 gigs. I think currently Ms. Splosion Man is the biggest XBLA game on my HDD but i don't want to get rid of that yet because i'm not done with it. Maybe i should just upgrade to a 120 HDD.

Worhammer
12-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah i recently got rid of Comic Jumper because it was 2 gigs. I think currently Ms. Splosion Man is the biggest XBLA game on my HDD but i don't want to get rid of that yet because i'm not done with it. Maybe i should just upgrade to a 120 HDD.
Skip it and go straight to 320.

I've got a 250GB which I didn't think I'd ever fill up and now I'm down to 30GB left. lol.

'course, most of that is installed games which I haven't removed because I'm trying to force myself to finish them eventually (almost done with AC:Brotherhood so I can delete that soon...)

[Waggly Bean]
12-01-2011, 06:49 PM

I second this. Go for as big as you can afford!

Like I said, my 120GB drive is almost full. It's actually surprisingly easy to fill!

MagicMurderBag7
12-02-2011, 05:16 AM
Well for anyone else who is curious I just noticed that on the front of the box it say that you need 4.1 gigs free for both games.

As for a bigger hard drive, I'll have to look into it after the holidays.

ZingZitang
12-20-2011, 06:14 PM

Especially Considering the 320gb drive is cheaper then the Original 120gb use to be.

Coruba
12-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Can't you just use one of your spare USB's for storage until you free up some room on your main HDD?