PDA

View Full Version : Legends DLC: Pitching a Shutout achievement, any tips?

XSheetsyX
11-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Had a really good time with H.O.R.S.E and the other stuff is great. This is my last DLC achievement and I kinda just want to get this outta of the way so I can continue my player. To anybody that has the achiv, got any advice? Cause I'm literally using MJ and Pippen, they still get past D (cause this year defense kinda blows) and I might get up to like 6 points untouched and then a well contested shot makes it in......

StreetRob Rider
11-30-2011, 06:21 PM
I am in the same boat. I tell you what for me this DLC is really tough. I love Magic Johnson, but I have not mastered his jumpshot yet. Also Kareem! OMG! Dude was getting schooled by Bill Laimbeer last night. Also HORSE! Freaking hard to stop the thing in that meter! Still the DLC is going to be a blast when my friends come over and play it.

ATCS
11-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I just used a second controller for this, and it worked fine. Then all of a sudden it stopped working. Just try tinkering with plugging in the second controller and if it works by actually hitting the d-pad to go left or right and ACTUALLY choose to play as a second player.

All I know is that it worked for me last night, so hopefully you guys can get as lucky.

BladeMDP
12-01-2011, 03:07 AM
Yeah, I used the 2 controller method, it worked fine, got the achievement.

DarkManX
12-01-2011, 03:28 AM
Yeah, I used the 2 controller method, it worked fine, got the achievement.
The two controller method isn't working for me. What am I doing wrong?

BladeMDP
12-01-2011, 03:34 AM
That's weird, I actually got most of the DLC achievements using the 2 controller method (beating MJ 1 on 1, winning 3 on 3 challenge with 60s era team, winning challenge game by scoring all points outside the 3 pt arc, etc.) I just did it about an hour ago.

BladeMDP
12-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Actually I figured out the issue - I went back to work on the teammate challenge, had 2 controllers on, it didn't work. But I got it to work again, here's how:

1. Set up a one on one matchup, pick your two players, make sure you assign the 2nd controller to the other player.
2. Start the match.
3. Once you've started the match, immediately quit it.
4. Now, go to the teammate challenge, and start it up.
5. You should see the 2nd controller assigned to the other team.

I tested it several times, it worked everytime.

DarkManX
12-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Actually I figured out the issue - I went back to work on the teammate challenge, had 2 controllers on, it didn't work. But I got it to work again, here's how:

1. Set up a one on one matchup, pick your two players, make sure you assign the 2nd controller to the other player.
2. Start the match.

I don't know how you found this out, but thank you so much. What a great find bind props to you. This was even more helpful with beating Jordan because after I went into the hall of fame I deleted my save file for my player.

BladeMDP
12-01-2011, 04:59 AM
no problem anytime. A few thoughts to make the teammate challenges go faster.

If you shoot and miss during any of the teammate challenges and the other team gets rebound, immediately shoot it with that player (with other controller). It will not count the points and immediately give you the ball back (because the other team didnt clear the ball past 3 point line). Also, after you score, and the other team gets the ball, immediately use 2nd controller to make the player go out of bounds on the sideline.

I found one of the best players to use in the 3 on 3 challenge and teammate challenge is Jerry West. His form is easy to get the right release and can light up the 3s!

XSheetsyX
12-01-2011, 05:23 AM

2. Start the match.

Thanks Blade, I'll try this later. ;)

DarkManX
12-01-2011, 01:29 PM
no problem anytime. A few thoughts to make the teammate challenges go faster.

If you shoot and miss during any of the teammate challenges and the other team gets rebound, immediately shoot it with that player (with other controller). It will not count the points and immediately give you the ball back (because the other team didnt clear the ball past 3 point line). Also, after you score, and the other team gets the ball, immediately use 2nd controller to make the player go out of bounds on the sideline.

I found one of the best players to use in the 3 on 3 challenge and teammate challenge is Jerry West. His form is easy to get the right release and can light up the 3s!
You can also put the game mode to rookie. I didn't have any problem with the challenges. I used Jerry West for both modes and found all the games pathetically easy.