PDA

View Full Version : Game Haters

M7.Ninja
08-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I've seen several people here spreading game hate. This place probably won't have a happy ending if they keep to it.

I'm talking about a couple of people here who go around contaminating specific gaming boards with hate of the specific game in question. Most notably Halo (Gaylo to them).

I dislike many games coming out on the 360: HalfLife 2, Medal of Honor, Viva Pinata: Party Animals, Call of Duty 4 and Two Worlds, which I see as an imitation of Oblivion.

And that's not counting all sports titles and both "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band", which I despise and would never approach with a ten foot stick.

Do I go around pissing off the fans who are eagerly anticipating those games, and waste time and energy trying to convince them to do... what? Change their minds and pick up something else? I don't think anyone would turn away from something they look forward to.

And the tasteless name you coined up for Halo 3. What gives? Do you really want me to start haunting the boards of the games above, spreading the hate? Do you want me to coin up tasteless names for all the games above? I just coined up offensive names for all the games mentioned above while typing this topic.

It's not clever, it's not funny, and it would just piss fans off.

So, in the most direct (and hopefully non-offensive words), I will ask you: Either you stop it, or I start.

Vampire x360a
08-05-2007, 10:41 AM
i must say gaylo is a term i use, but it doesnt mean i hate the game, i just find it amusing, anyway i havent noticed this, and surley people are allowed there own opinion on a game

Webb
08-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Well, in all honesty, we don't allow the "game haters" around here. If people don't like a game, then they shouldn't go in to that board, yet alone post.

Best thing to do - report it to a mod ;)

Worst thing to do - "Either you stop it, or I start." ;)

Shaaady Souljah
08-05-2007, 03:10 PM
i agree with webb (of course. :p )

if you start, then you will not be around long either... either Ignore it, Report it, or Don't even look at it. Simple as that. ;)

shadow sniper
08-05-2007, 03:32 PM
like vampire i use the word "gaylo" but only on xbox live with my friends or watever.I dont know if i used that on here i may have once at most if i used it more then once the mods would kick me.I dont go on here and say bad things on the forums just that post i made about halo,and that was just saying this is why i dont like it and had a bunch of links to vidoes backing me up..but that was it.I dont see alot that hate stuff on this site but thats maybe beacuse im only looking 4 ways to get achievements lol.Also if there was that much hate on games the mods would kick whos ever doing it off.(weddmeister and shaady both sayed that)

CovertDog
08-05-2007, 03:33 PM
People shouldn't be bashing other people for liking a game, but if they have a reason for not liking the game, by all means express your views. An then there is the times that people are having a hard time in a game and when the post for some help they blow off a little steam about it. If it isn't anything to offensive, I see no problem with it.

L3giOn
08-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Bashing of games will be considered spam and if I see it I will be handing out infractions. I just gave one out the other day to someone for making a thread on how terrible Gears is.

If you don't like a game, don't post in that games forum. Simple as.

Now that has nothing to do with not liking a specific achievement, or a difficult part in the campaign, etc...I'm talking about all out bashing a game just because you don't like it.

M7.Ninja
08-05-2007, 05:26 PM
The reason I started this thread is because I didn't want this community to be torn into (specific game) fans and haters. I've seen more than a few communities get torn like that because of openly pissing off fans of a certain game.

My apologies if I offended anyone, but I had to get my message clearly across while eliminating any doubts of what it is. That's the reason behind the long (possibly harsh) post.

As I said, I'm not a fan of all upcoming 360 titles, and because of that I just steer away. Even if I posted something, as is the case in the Two Worlds board, I would take the time to pick the right words so as not to offend.

Thank you for your patience, and I hope you get it.

Kaens
08-05-2007, 05:32 PM
The reason I started this thread is because I didn't want this community to be torn into (specific game) fans and haters. I've seen more than a few communities get torn like that because of openly pissing off fans of a certain game.
This site has nearly 23,000 members with over 7,000 of them being active. Look around, do you see a lot of trash talking and bashing? No, you don't. You can't. You may see a few things that no one has noticed or reported yet, but that's about it. You're new so you may not have been around long enough yet to know that crap doesn't fly around here, you'll be banned faster than you post your hateful spam to the mods that are banning you.

M7.Ninja
08-05-2007, 05:35 PM
So are you going to ban me now?

Flea
08-05-2007, 05:36 PM
I think some bashing of games could be good,
if they actually put a reason for their dislike,
as opposed to just putting this game is cack dont buy it.

Tell us why you dont like it at least,
so we get a varied opinion instead of drivel.

Kaens
08-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm not, I didn't mean YOU specifically, I meant those spreading the hate...sheesh. Wait are you telling me you are spreading that hate?

Although I think Webb was clear, take it into your own hands and you're gambling.

Webb
08-05-2007, 05:41 PM

lol You misunderstood him. He's saying that if you start bashing in a thread, you'll probably get banned. "You" being, anyone that tries it :p

Edit: Too slow.... But I ain't Minty!!!!!

Kaens
08-05-2007, 05:44 PM
Edit: Too slow.... But I ain't Minty!!!!!
Edit: too slow TWICE in the same post.. how do you do it? I had already fixed it before you posted ;)

Webb
08-05-2007, 05:45 PM
Edit: too slow TWICE in the same post.. how do you do it? I had already fixed it before you posted ;)

Now thats lies if ever I heard one :p

I move faster than an editted post you know ;)

Kaens
08-05-2007, 05:50 PM
Now thats lies if ever I heard one :p

I move faster than an editted post you know ;)
What I'm saying is I made my edit faster than you made your edit. Soon as I posted it I scrolled up to see which of you had said it, saw it was you and edited right away. See I always mix you two up so I have to try and remember which sig I saw :eek:

Webb
08-05-2007, 05:53 PM
What I'm saying is I made my edit faster than you made your edit. Soon as I posted it I scrolled up to see which of you had said it, saw it was you and edited right away. See I always mix you two up so I have to try and remember which sig I saw :eek:

Always mix us up :eek: *goes in search of his ban hammer*

Kaens
08-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Always mix us up :eek: *goes in search of his ban hammer*
A ban hammer won't fix the two headed admin! Well I guess if you bashed Minty's head off of it, but seriously he hasn't done anything!

da voodoo child
08-07-2007, 04:07 AM
i disagree with your game choices and i havent seen this problem

Elite Assassin
08-07-2007, 04:13 AM
There is really no reason to "hate" a game. You can dislike the game for certain reasons. But there is really no reason why to hate a game. There is moments in a game that I "hate" so to speak and that is when I am stuck on something like in Galaga for example today it took me 10 trys just to get the perfect challenge achievement which really sucked.

teh x3nomorph
08-07-2007, 04:48 PM
I think hate and dislike walk a fine line. There are several games that I personally can not stand.

Like, Fight Night 3. Its on the easy 1000's thread, and most people say its so stinking easy. I absolutely hated that game. I couldn't even play past the 5th or 6th fight even for somewhat easy achievement points.

If someone were to ask my opinion on that game, I would give them just that, even tho its not be "hating" on that game. I just personally, don't like it.

angry
08-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Well, in all honesty, we don't allow the "game haters" around here. If people don't like a game, then they shouldn't go in to that board, yet alone post.

Best thing to do - report it to a mod ;)

Worst thing to do - "Either you stop it, or I start." ;)

:whs If ppl hate the games so much then why would they go to the game board that they hate???? that's what confuses me. All i csn say is people need to grow up!!!

Mirksta
08-07-2007, 05:57 PM
it's a lot like console hating/fanboys, if you don't like it - leave it alone

Bluntman428
08-07-2007, 07:27 PM
I don't think it's quite right to say you can't make a thread knocking a game. If people can make threads talking about how much they love a game, why not the other way around? If the thread's well thought out and wasn't made with the distinct purpose of pissing someone off, I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to debate the quality of a game from both angles.

I made a thread a few months ago debating the popularity of Halo. Some fan(boy)s took it upon themselves to flame me, although I never said Halo was a bad game, just simply not worthy of all the praise and critical acclaim. But the majority of people brought up good points and counterpoints about the topic, which is why I started the thread to begin with. Some fans brought up excellent points, which made me rethink some of my own opinions on the game.

On the flip side, I think it's unacceptable to make a thread saying a game sucks and not putting any thought into it. Those threads exist for one purpose...to piss people off. But if there's merit to the thread, I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. If some people are immature enough to get pissed off whenever anyone says something they don't like, they don't belong on the internet, cause someone's always gonna be there to say something they disagree with.

Jdm
08-08-2007, 12:27 AM
I don't think it's quite right to say you can't make a thread knocking a game. If people can make threads talking about how much they love a game, why not the other way around? If the thread's well thought out and wasn't made with the distinct purpose of pissing someone off, I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to debate the quality of a game from both angles.

I made a thread a few months ago debating the popularity of Halo. Some fan(boy)s took it upon themselves to flame me, although I never said Halo was a bad game, just simply not worthy of all the praise and critical acclaim. But the majority of people brought up good points and counterpoints about the topic, which is why I started the thread to begin with. Some fans brought up excellent points, which made me rethink some of my own opinions on the game.

On the flip side, I think it's unacceptable to make a thread saying a game sucks and not putting any thought into it. Those threads exist for one purpose...to piss people off. But if there's merit to the thread, I see no reason why it shouldn't be allowed. If some people are immature enough to get pissed off whenever anyone says something they don't like, they don't belong on the internet, cause someone's always gonna be there to say something they disagree with.

Very well said, Blunt! I agree with you as well.

Whether you Hate or Dislike a game, there's no need to be immature about it. Swearing and Flaming won't get you anywhere. If you feel the need to express your thoughts about a certain game, please do it properly. Being negative to the point where you're starting fights with people, won't get you anywhere as well. Try to be constructive about it.

BackerMan
08-08-2007, 02:52 AM
Well, I don't care what other people says. Everyone have different opnions.

Wolf
08-08-2007, 03:17 AM
People are stubborn. Look at me. Every single odd post of mine is negative, but I won't change.

pongsifu
08-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Most trolls aren't trying to change minds, they are just trying to A.) get attention, or B.) piss you off for their amusement.

Either way, ignoring them or reporting them is the only way to get them to stop. Starting arguments gives them both A and B.

ravensfanyuya
08-09-2007, 11:20 AM
yea i think they are the type of people that wants to piss people off

Mr Arrow
08-09-2007, 02:36 PM
I dislike many games coming out on the 360: HalfLife 2, Medal of Honor, Viva Pinata: Party Animals, Call of Duty 4 and Two Worlds, which I see as an imitation of Oblivion.

And that's not counting all sports titles and both "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band", which I despise and would never approach with a ten foot stick.

Which begs the question, "What games do you like?" :confused:

M7.Ninja
08-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Which begs the question, "What games do you like?" :confused:

I look forward to Halo 3, BioShock, Mass Effect, PGR4, Eternal Sonata, Jericho, Army of Two, Halo Wars, Resident Evil 5 and Soul Calibur 4, to name a few.