Your biggest gaming upset of 2011 is? all-time?

NickDiamondz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admittedly I haven't played that many games released this year, but of what I have played I'd say its a toss-up between Homefront and MvC3. Homefront just didn't deliver at all, single player is dull as hell and I still haven't beaten it because of that, and MP wasn't spectacular and good GOD was the game infested with campers. The MP gripe might be personal bias though, pretty sure I'm just turned off by all online FPS. MvC3 didn't inherently have anything wrong with it, but the fact that they released an updated version within the same year just grinds all the wrong gears.

All time? My answer will probably change as I think about it but off the top of my head I'ma say Dragonball Z Sagas. Man there was so much hype for that game, but it was so short (stopped after Cell, wtf?) and had no replay value. Co-op was admittedly fun though.

Edited by Veedrock

Didn't really have high hopes for Brink to begin with, so can't say it really disappointed me. Duke Nukem Forever would probably be my closest choice, but terrible as it was I still enjoyed myself going through it a few times. I sold it while it was still worth something, but I'm going to pick it up again for keeps soon as I find a copy for $10.

I would say my biggest disappointment of 2011 is that we had no new information on Mirror's Edge 2 or Beyond Good & Evil 2. So many games these days are bland and unoriginal garbage. I really want to see something new and exciting come out with these titles.

This is a bit of a small qualm (I haven't played many games most would consider bad this year) but Alice: Madness Returns was a bit of a letdown. While I still think the gameplay was good and the platforming solid, I recently found out how much material had to be cut from the main game. Boss fights, minigames, whole levels had to go. The game would have been truly amazing had it contained what they originally wanted to.

This is a bit of a small qualm (I haven't played many games most would consider bad this year) but Alice: Madness Returns was a bit of a letdown. While I still think the gameplay was good and the platforming solid, I recently found out how much material had to be cut from the main game. Boss fights, minigames, whole levels had to go. The game would have been truly amazing had it contained what they originally wanted to.

It was just too long to complete each level. I love the game but I play a level and I just want to stop

Goldeneye Reloaded. This first three levels were brilliant then it just turned into Call of Duty.

It just wasn't as good as the original. It is one of the games (64 version) I would gladly pay 30$ just to play a port on my Xbox. Along with mega manX and link to the past

Edited by ofay

Earth Defense Force Insect Armageddon. I thought it was ok but really expected something more like the older game. I would say Duke Nukem but I had very low expectations for it in the first place.

I bought it on release day for £30 which I thought was a bargain. But I'm with you, it just doesn't have the same atomsphere of the first. Looked good, plenty of weapons and decent armour suits, but only 15 levels!? Bit of a letdown as I finished it in a few hours. If I was online, I could have played some co op. I eventually traded it in to pre order Skyrim.

When I went to the counter in Gamestation with Brink and Duke Nukem, the lad there said to me " put them back, cos they're really shit". Saved me wasting money. So bought Alan Wake and Red Faction Armageddon and was impressed with both.

Homefront or Brink. Probably Homefront would have to take the top of these two.

Brink was a decent game, I just felt cheated for buying it full price. Definitely worth $30, definitely not worth $60. I enjoyed it, but it was disappointed because it could've been SO MUCH MORE.

Homefront on the other hand...complete letdown. Glad I played it at a friend's house before I went to the store to get it, cause I woulda been super pissed off had I actually paid for that piece of garbage.

Still not over FFXIII lol. What a disappointment.

(Don't ask about sig ok. OvO)

Thats probably one of mine for all time. Its the first Final fantasy since I started playing with US II that I didn't finish minus FFXI. Its also the last time I preorder one of them. I doubt I'll even try FFXIII-2. The next single player one will be a rental before I decide on it.

2011? Don't really have one.

Of all time? Buying my Atari jaguar for 300 bucks. Just to see it price dropped to 50 bucks a month later.

OUCH, thats what happened when I bought dreamcast and original xbox, wife was upset and said she wouldn't buy me another system. Then I paid 500 for 360 and 700 for ps3, with the latter being crap. Its a great blu ray player tho, with exception for MGS4.