PDA

View Full Version : Good game?

SiyusNL
12-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Thinking about buying the game, I liked the Hot Pursuit and Undercover Need for Speeds, yet I disliked the Shifts..so if some people could tell me some good things and bad things about The Run..I'd be very grateful!

BBDrew84
12-02-2011, 02:06 AM
I played The Run last night at a friends house, I did not enjoy it. It was too dramatic, I felt like it was a Fast and Furious video game. I enjoyed Hot Pursuit as well and the only comparable thing between the two is that you race cars. Hot Pursuit let you pick a race and your car and The Run is a race from San Fransisco to New York and you can only change cars when you come to a gas station. I would avoid NFS The Run, if you liked NFS Hot Pursuit there is a big chance you will be let down.

Oh! Not to mention crappy cut scenes where you had to tap :abut:or :bbut:rapidly to progress.

Wraithdagger
12-02-2011, 02:57 AM
It's decent, although NFS hasn't been that great in the past several years anyway. AI is a bit predictable, the story is average and so on. At least it has manual transmission and isn't stupidly arcadey like Hot Pursuit.

SiyusNL
12-02-2011, 09:16 AM
I played The Run last night at a friends house, I did not enjoy it. It was too dramatic, I felt like it was a Fast and Furious video game. I enjoyed Hot Pursuit as well and the only comparable thing between the two is that you race cars. Hot Pursuit let you pick a race and your car and The Run is a race from San Fransisco to New York and you can only change cars when you come to a gas station. I would avoid NFS The Run, if you liked NFS Hot Pursuit there is a big chance you will be let down.

Oh! Not to mention crappy cut scenes where you had to tap :abut:or :bbut:rapidly to progress.

Thanks for your info, Ive played the demo and I wasnt sure about it yet demo's can get you on the wrong path, but I will not be buying this one then,thanks. :)

kornfan2007
12-02-2011, 10:09 AM
I enjoy it. I enjoyed Hot pursuit too. It is not a good story, in fact there is barely a story there. Main downfall is the reset feature which resets if you drift a little off the track.

It's an average racer. Not great, but good fun all the same IMO

Rusty Knight 07
12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
I agree with the above, its not a bad game, the story gets in the way the second time you play it (did it on medium first, now trying on harder levels).

The reset is a pain, there's one right angle corner with arrows on that I always drifted wide so that car barely touched where the arrows were and BAM rest. Took me too many attempts to get around that one corner.

FSparacino4
12-04-2011, 06:13 AM
If you read Sports Illustrated, you can get a free copy of the game with a 28 issue subscription for ($49.95) at SIspeed.com

Trunks1337
12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
If you liked Hot Pursuit and driving new/fast cars single or in multiplayer then you will have a good time with the run. But dont expect any tuning or drifting stuff from NFS Series from the Past. Its just an arcade racing game with some scripted cinematic events but it is still NFS.

ajennice
12-07-2011, 01:39 AM
If you can get past these negatives, it's good.
Just a touch off road and you restart at checkpoint. The AI has super suspension and cuts corners without sliding/drifting, or going off the road. Bumping the AI will not spin them out, but you will when they do it to you. Your v10 Audi can't outrun a 350z straight up. the only overhead view they offer to ya and some more little things.....

kornfan2007
12-07-2011, 08:53 AM
Bumping the AI will not spin them out, but you will when they do it to you. .

I have spun plenty of AI out by hitting them. If you clip the front of them as you pass they tend to drift off line and sometimes crash or spin out. I played normal difficulty so maybe it changes at harder settings

Trunks1337
12-07-2011, 11:43 AM
I have spun plenty of AI out by hitting them. If you clip the front of them as you pass they tend to drift off line and sometimes crash or spin out. I played normal difficulty so maybe it changes at harder settings

Yeah did that as well when i was playing on Normal. Its working on extreme as well its just hard to manage as the AI is superfast here.

slycooper20
12-09-2011, 02:45 AM
I just completed the story mode, and I did enjoy it, but it does have some niggling annoyances, like the rubber band AI, the strict road limits (you get reset if you go off the road too much). Also what kind of annoys me is the fact that the rivals have no character development outside of a blurb of text on the loading screen, which sucks. Other than that, it's fun.

ajennice
12-10-2011, 03:10 AM
YEAH.. ruber band... I was in a boss chase and i cut a corner a cop pulled out, and the boss hit the cop, spun a bit, then went sideways into a roadblock... WOO HOO.. easy win....Yeah right... was up on him over 13 seconds and then his time behind went down like the stock market....WITH me running a good race... Passed me slowly... once in fron, I couldn't catch back up/pass WITH nitrous....
t
WTF?????

Wicelow
12-11-2011, 02:36 PM
The Run is the worst NFS ever.
And I've played almost every game in the franchise since NFSIII.

Boring as hell campaign (same 3 events over and over and over again, always in the same pattern), over-cheated AI (when the game doesn't want you to be 1st, opponents are driving rockets, not cars), cheap "drama" storyline and useless QTE to make the game look longer.

I did not like Shift and ProStreet very much because they were not "real" NFS arcade-oriented games but The Run is supposed to be one. And every aspect of it sucks.

ajennice
12-16-2011, 11:48 PM
I had to laugh onthe end of it.... I was over 20 sec (the main guy hit a car and got really caught up I guess), ahead when I reached the point where you hit the subway tunnel...Awesome.. 20 seconds a head and POOF there he is....And at the end I kept dying going throug the shipyard. Retries over and over...Finally I said screw it and went through slow thinking I may be able to catch him afterwards. Get through the shipping at -8 seconds behind, and POOF again.... side by side for the finale...

I understand setting up the end of the game, but come on!!!! No real incentive on even driving wild!!!!

Garbage!!! Just like Goldeneye Reloaded.. fun to start then you're SEARCHING for reasons to even finish (and I haven't finished goldeneye).

magixman
12-17-2011, 10:08 AM
YEAH.. ruber band... I was in a boss chase and i cut a corner a cop pulled out, and the boss hit the cop, spun a bit, then went sideways into a roadblock... WOO HOO.. easy win....Yeah right... was up on him over 13 seconds and then his time behind went down like the stock market....WITH me running a good race... Passed me slowly... once in fron, I couldn't catch back up/pass WITH nitrous....
t
WTF?????
Funny story, but a true one that's for sure... :p

ochoco
01-07-2012, 09:31 PM
I agree with most about the campaign. Though a few of the races were pretty cool, like with the avalanche.

Playing over live I'm having a blast though. If the rest sucked for you maybe give online a try.

Scorpio 1974
01-08-2012, 12:36 AM
The Run is the worst NFS ever.
And I've played almost every game in the franchise since NFSIII.

Boring as hell campaign (same 3 events over and over and over again, always in the same pattern), over-cheated AI (when the game doesn't want you to be 1st, opponents are driving rockets, not cars), cheap "drama" storyline and useless QTE to make the game look longer.

I did not like Shift and ProStreet very much because they were not "real" NFS arcade-oriented games but The Run is supposed to be one. And every aspect of it sucks.

I have to say I completely agree with Wicelow(apart from the bit about Pro-Street,which I completed!!) This is the most disappointing game of all the series.............man Carbon was pretty mediocre but least it had customisation of sorts! BLAND BLAND BLAND!!!!! :(