PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again...

Blasphemy
12-02-2011, 02:28 AM
I'm predicting this will be the exact same shit game as the last two. I want my MVP back!

Echilion
12-04-2011, 11:19 PM
I'm predicting this will be the exact same shit game as the last two. I want my MVP back!

So do I :(

But thank goodness for The Show, or else I'd be stuck with this series

Rasp
12-05-2011, 12:46 AM
I'm hoping for a complete revamp of the series. Won't happen. But we can always hope.

DarkManX
12-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Couldn't have said it any better. I predicted last year before 2k11 came out that 2k12 will be the last 2k baseball game and I'm sticking with it.

V3T Hunter
12-11-2011, 05:26 PM
I hope they atleast fixed the glitched achievements because 2k11 had the most glitched achievements I've seen on 1 game in a while.

xX THE GRIX Xx
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
2013 is the year 2K's contract expires for MLB. We can only hope EA gets it back.

I can already see Online Team Play for a baseball game. That would be amazing.

V3T Hunter
12-17-2011, 11:24 PM
I hope that we will eventually get a baseball game that's as good as MLB The Show because those games are way better than any baseball game we've got on the 360.

Blasphemy
12-20-2011, 05:39 PM
So do I :(

But thank goodness for The Show, or else I'd be stuck with this series

I agree. I spent over 300$ on a PS3 JUST for The Show. It's THAT good.

DJ KOOLAIDE
01-09-2012, 03:05 AM

Same here man

TRIPPINIITHIS
01-23-2012, 02:31 PM
For real guys. You notice how phony this game is? I mean when you get a single instead of the runner turning right he turns left which would be an automatic out in baseball because that means the runner is leading towards second and could be tagged out. Then a guy is stealing third, I throw to the 3rd basemen and when he has the ball he is just waiting for the runner who is only halfway there to slide and he still tags him late. My heart broke when my brother sold his ps3. The show was the only game i played for it. Still have it and now I'm buying another ps3. I hope you guys are right about the contract expiring for 2k and hopefully ea will grab hold for like a 100 year contract. Thanks for listening stay up everyone!

Rasp
01-23-2012, 10:25 PM
You notice how phony this game is? I mean when you get a single instead of the runner turning right he turns left which would be an automatic out in baseball because that means the runner is leading towards second and could be tagged out.

Actually that's not an out even if the runner is tagged. You have to show intent to continue on to the next bag. Not just turn to the left.

Rasp
01-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Sorry for the double post but I'm hoping EA gets the contract after 2K's is up. Imagine how much fun MLB Ultimate Team would be. We can hope.

DarkManX
01-25-2012, 03:39 AM
For real guys. You notice how phony this game is? I mean when you get a single instead of the runner turning right he turns left which would be an automatic out in baseball because that means the runner is leading towards second and could be tagged out. Then a guy is stealing third, I throw to the 3rd basemen and when he has the ball he is just waiting for the runner who is only halfway there to slide and he still tags him late. My heart broke when my brother sold his ps3. The show was the only game i played for it. Still have it and now I'm buying another ps3. I hope you guys are right about the contract expiring for 2k and hopefully ea will grab hold for like a 100 year contract. Thanks for listening stay up everyone!
This is the last year of their contract. I was reading an article earlier in the week off Kotaku. It was a preview for the game and the article's head line was "
MLB 2K12 Reaches Down Deep For What Might Be Its Final Pitch." I'm very hopeful and optimistic that this will indeed be the last 2k baseball game we see and if I were a betting man I would say there it will be the last installment for the series.

Deyankees1
01-25-2012, 11:00 AM
Even if its the last game in 2k and MVP gets resurrected I highly doubt it will be as good as the show which I like many other purchased a PS3 for. MVP is an afterthought now and I feel bad for guys who only own a 360 and are stuck with 2k for their baseball fix and probably wont get a game for a while after this year. Still I'll probably skip this year even though I bought 2k and the show together for the past 3 years wont be doing that again. Sticking to the show, I'll maybe get 2k12 when its cheaper just for kicks.

perryboy26
02-11-2012, 03:53 PM
you predicted correctly. almost same shitty achievement list. that prob means they will be glitchy again. i want to play a good baseball game. i guess i will have to buy a ps3. i buy this game almost every year and every time i am disappointed. screw 2ksports

jacobedmcmillan
02-11-2012, 07:57 PM
The Show is ridiculously overrated. It was amazing like 3 years ago but now its the exact same game over and over again and its just not fun to play. It's really boring. The only reason it gets good reviews now a days is because of its name.

ChickinOnaChain
02-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I've seen pics do The Show and it's too bad Xbox can't get that title.

ItalianWeapons
02-12-2012, 12:08 AM

Dont hate on 2K10. I thought it was FANTASTIC. I will actually even say that it was the best baseball game on the 360. 2K11? Garbage.

Deyankees1
02-13-2012, 02:25 AM
The Show is ridiculously overrated. It was amazing like 3 years ago but now its the exact same game over and over again and its just not fun to play. It's really boring. The only reason it gets good reviews now a days is because of its name.

And 2K isn't the same every year? I've played both series every year since 06. The show makes way more improvements each year then 2K does.

MADasaHatter
02-13-2012, 12:42 PM
I didn't even get 2k11 because ... I was carrying on with the rest of my life. But the rehashed achievements can only mean the same ol' crap.

I long for the days of MVP (and NBA Inside Drive for that matter). 10 years and those games still kick ass.

erod550
03-07-2012, 09:17 PM
I, too, bought a PS3 just for The Show back in 06. I hardly play my PS3 other than for The Show because I like the Xbox Achievement system better and the 360 controller better.

Yes, The Show is similar from one year to the next but what sports game isn't? They still do add new features every year, even if it's not a complete overhaul. Co-op franchises are new this year, reminiscent of All-Star Baseball on the N64. Hopefully next year they'll add co-op online franchises so you can play with a friend that can't come to your house every day just to play baseball. Much easier to just meet up online for an hour and get a couple games in.

Rasp
03-08-2012, 04:19 AM
This game compared to 2K11 is a little better. It seems more refined, not as much irritating glitches and stuff as in years past. And all the achievements I have gotten have actually unlocked this time around :eek:

bi0nick420
03-11-2012, 09:58 PM
It would be nice if Microsoft made their own Baseball game like Sony has MLB The Show, oh well.. One could only hope.