PDA

View Full Version : The Forerunner Saga News Thread

LickableLemons7
12-05-2011, 01:29 AM
WARNING! Potential spoilers in the link below about Halo: Primordium. Read at your own risk!

http://www.halopedian.com/Halo:_Primordium

Some new info has been uploaded on Halopedia, pertaining to the upcoming sequel to Cryptum. Apparently, Primordium will focus more so on Riser and Chakas as they travel the Halo ring set up by Medicant Bias during the event in Cryptum.

The page features potential spoilers, particularly to the opening quote near the top. Halo: Primordium will be released on January 3rd, 2012 worldwide. Expect the final novel in the Forerunner saga to be released sometime during late summer of next year, before Halo 4's release date.

MixMaker1
12-05-2011, 07:55 AM
Whoa! Spoiler indeed, but that quote is AWESOME.

DarkReign2021
12-05-2011, 11:18 PM
Not sure if that's something that's already been discussed here or not. At any rate, not new to me, but nice that others can find it with greater ease. Looking forward to seeing what Riser and Chakas have to add to the series since I believe they're trapped on the rogue Halo with Mendicant Bias and The Precursor on it (and maybe a Gravemind too. Not sure yet.)

Hopefully it explains the whole Geas tie between Chakas and the Master Chief to some extent though...

LickableLemons7
12-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Well, well, well...like Glasslands, 343i has released a glimpse of what's to come in Primordium. So...

A bit of a Prologue and Chapter 1:
http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/halo-primordium-excerpt

And a bit of Chapters 2, 3, and 4:
http://halo.xbox.com/blogs/Headlines/post/2011/12/28/The-Halo-Bulletin-122811-Exclusive-Book-Excerpt-Primordium.aspx

Although Greg Bear isn't my personal favorite author in the Halo Universe, I find him better than Kareen Travis's recent instalment of Glasslands. Bear continues to help me expand my Halo-related vocabulary!

DarkReign2021
01-01-2012, 02:45 PM
got an email last night from amazon. My copy of primordium has shipped! I should have it in my hands tomorrow and, with luck, should have it read and re-read by Wednesday. I'm excited. I always enjoy bears work, halo or otherwise.

LickableLemons7
01-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Lucky! I'll just have to wait until the 3rd. Keep us posted on how it fleshes out the franchise. I'm looking forward to Master Chief's ancestral backgrounds.

DarkReign2021
01-05-2012, 04:11 AM
I haven't finished the whole book yet, but I'm about 60% done. The perspective of the narration is interesting as it to feel like a story is being told whereas the previous book was told in a present tense. This novel is being told in a post-Halo 3 time period as is pointed out at the very beginning of the novel. The science logs from the team interrogating the Monitor are proving to be valuable little nuggets of information themselves and bring up a lot of the same points that come to my mind while reading.

I won't spoil anything as it as a great read, but I must warn everybody. If you thought Cryptum was a departure from the series, this one only goes further away. It starts out very slow and the "Halo" elements don't really start kicking in until about 150 pages in. Now that they've started, though, they just keep on coming. I imagine it will only get better from where I've left off for the evening. I'll be finishing it tomorrow night.