PDA

View Full Version : Release date in US?

Necrophage33
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Anyone have any idea when this comes out? Says 12/11/11 in Japan, so I would think not too long after.

Also, the front of the case says "Orochi2" despite it being the third? Maybe it's some Japanese thing I'm not familiar with.

Cardiac318
12-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Nothing announced yet but most likely in March of 2012. Koei typically has a game released that month every year.

SimDaddyGT
12-06-2011, 12:24 AM
This is simply my personal opinion based on why this is called Musou Orochi 2 in Japan, and not a copied "truth" from official sources, but based on what I've experienced having both the JP version on PS2 (Musou Orochi: Maou Sairin) and the US version (Warriors Orochi 2), as well as the JP PS3 release of Musou Orochi Z, which combines the two games together, I'd say it's decently accurate.

Japan never claimed Maou Sairin (what we know as Warriors Orochi 2) to be a "direct" sequel, but as a retail expansion that simply changed all the scenarios for kept stages, and added a bunch of new ones, as well as a dozen or so new characters. Yes, the stories in Warriors Orochi 2 are fair sequels to the stories in Orochi 1 (meaning that Orochi was killed and then resurrects), but again, gameplay and graphics weren't changed enough in the long run to justify it in Japan as a sequel, hence why this new title is Musou Orochi 2 / Warriors Orochi 3.

As far as a release date goes, given this is coming out in Japan on both PS3 and 360, and not just PS3, I'd say we have a decent chance of getting an overseas release of this game, on both consoles even. And if so, I'm leaning towards Cardiac's estimation of March, maybe April, of next year.

Skode
12-06-2011, 04:26 PM
The game is on the Xbox 360... a console dead in japan so its fair to say they have europe and america in mind on that front. Then there is the fact the achievements for the game are in english.

This IS the third game in the series in japan just as much as over here in the west... they just didnt call the second game "Musuo Orochi 2" is all. Warriors Orochi Z is the only title not considered one of the trilogy for the series so far - it was the first and second game bundled together for the western PS3 audience whom before that had been deprived of a chance to play the series for themselves before that... it featured a couple of extra characters, dream stages and cutscenes but is not considered a sequel to either W01 or W02.

Necrophage33
12-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the very detailed responses haha. Looks like I'll be looking forward to March until further notice. Seems like a lot of work for this game, especially if it's anything like WO2, which was an insane grind.

OzzieArcane
12-07-2011, 06:57 AM
Warriors Orochi Z is the only title not considered one of the trilogy for the series so far - it was the first and second game bundled together for the western PS3 audience whom before that had been deprived of a chance to play the series for themselves before that...

I think you mispoke there. It was never released outside of japan so how could it have been for a western audience?

bentiancai
12-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Japanese version has just released today, hope we can get this game soon in north america.

Necrophage33
01-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Any word on an American release yet, since it's out in Japan?

Cardiac318
01-16-2012, 05:41 AM
Credit this link to Captain Sellers from the Sister sites Musou Orochi 2 PS3 board:

https://twitter.com/#!/inspchin/statuses/155557678180077568

Confirms we will find out the official release date this week.

amuro98
03-13-2012, 08:04 PM
Gamestop lists Mar 27 2012 as the release date. Their dates tend to be fairly accurate, but of course I don't believe it's out until I see it on the shelf at a store.

Gleylancer
03-13-2012, 10:22 PM
March 27 (US), April 6 (EU)

I H8ME I Santos
03-14-2012, 04:57 AM
I was told the 28th but then again the guy at the gamestop didn't even know that game was coming out.

Well I put down money for it and I was hoping to get it next week but I guess I will have to wait 1 more week and play it during my week holiday of school.