PDA

View Full Version : this game...

coloneilfrost
12-06-2011, 04:38 AM
am i the only one that has been dieing alot on normal difficulty? i keep getting killed by grenades or i get cornered or i get jumped by flood mosters or get blown up by flood monsters. the hardest level for me so far is the two betrayals level.... stupid bridge. even halo proves that games have been getting easier.....

Colby
12-06-2011, 04:54 AM
Yes games have been getting easier and in my opinion halo takes the most skill out of every multiplayer game. I love CoD and Gears but halo is the best. I still rape in halo so im not having the same issue with normal only on legendary which still isnt that hard.

DarkReign2021
12-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Halo doesn't really make a great case of games being simplified, but Halo 2 definitely does. To this day it's still the hardest campaign in the series and still one of the hardest games I've ever played period. The first Hangar Bay on Cairo Station + all Hunter Encounters + All Jackal Snipers + All Ultra Elites = OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?!

Nevander
12-06-2011, 06:16 PM
You just better be glad the Legendary stuff will still unlock in co-op and with skulls on, because if it didn't, you'd be in serious trouble.

Normal is piss easy, at least if you know what you're doing. Spend some time with a Halo vet and you'll start seeing how to pwn in Halo CE.

Took me no time to 1K it.

Yes I used a second controller and yes I used Bandanna.

MixMaker1
12-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Halo doesn't really make a great case of games being simplified, but Halo 2 definitely does. To this day it's still the hardest campaign in the series and still one of the hardest games I've ever played period. The first Hangar Bay on Cairo Station + all Hunter Encounters + All Jackal Snipers + All Ultra Elites = OMGWTFBBQ?!?!?!
This.

Jackal Snipers still haunt me in my sleep.

DarkReign2021
12-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Interestingly enough, Halo1 is less about being skilled at the game and more about being knowledgeable. This is a case of brains over brawn because you take advantage of all of the flaws to gain the upper hand. You know the enemy spawns, you know the cheap hiding places, you know the hidden shortcuts, etc... and you can easily knock out half of the game with your eyes closed. So many nifty little glitches like wielding 3 weapons or despawning all of the enemies in a level or knowing where to place a marine sniper to cover enemy drop locations.

If you haven't seen it, there's a video floating around with a couple of guys that manage to co-op the entire CE campaign in 90 minutes by taking advantage of every trick in the book and dying only a single time, which was intentional because they found a was to manipulate the revert into despawning certain enemies later on.

Penguino Rojo
12-07-2011, 02:39 AM
I was kinda startled by the original post, as I did find some of the game hard, but for the most part easy. I don't consider myself to be that good a player.

Then I remembered I started with the Grunt Funeral skull on. That took care of most of the elites up until I got the bandanna skull. Then I just sat back and chucked grenades wherever there were elites or at pockets of flood.

I still died, a lot, but it wasn't to hard to learn the positions to have grenades at . The hardest are the big open area battles, especially with the three way battles.

Nevander
12-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Jackal Snipers still haunt me in my sleep.

Lol. Love this post, it may even be sig worthy. :D

MixMaker1
12-07-2011, 05:36 PM
Lol. Love this post, it may even be sig worthy. :D
Truth. And I'm honored, yet still horrifically scared. H2 Legendary will NEVER be played again. Broke a controller or two iirc.

lifeexpectancy
12-08-2011, 04:10 PM
It seems your biggest problem is explosions. Tip: explosions actually do MORE damage on easy/normal than they do on heroic/legendary. I have no idea why they did it that way, but enemy fire does more damage on higher difficulties like you would expect. It's just the explosions that for some reason do less damage on higher difficulties. You may try heroic and see how it goes for you.

I do agree that Halo 2 is the hardest of the series on legendary, but tbh it's still really not hard at all if you're a veteran of the Halo games. I bet if some of the people here went back and played it again, they may see it's significantly easier than they remember now that they're more seasoned. I ran through it in more or less 2 sittings' worth of hours played, albeit spread out over a few days for some of it because I was working. I think Halo 2 PC's legendary campaign took me roughly 13-14 hours to complete.

The only truly 'hard' part in H2 Legendary is the beginning of one mission where you're dropped in a room with brutes and grunts, and once you get a couple downed and get a carbine and the high ground, that's cake too. The rest of the game just comes down to memorizing jackal sniper locations and popping in and out to snipe them, and using PP + head shot on elites just like every other Halo. I highly recommend adding it to your tag though as it's another great trip down memory lane + achievements, even if it doesn't have the eye candy Halo CEA has lol.