PDA

View Full Version : Peace walker achievement help

SHADOWGEISTISHERE
12-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Beating the game without killing.... Ok fine whatever. Now during the virtuous mission when your at the shaky draw bring i traq two guys but when i walked over the bridge it leaned and there bodys fell into the river which i wasn't trying to do. Now do i have to start over because ? Please tell me no!

BSM
12-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Those count as kills. To avoid that shoot the bee hive and all four guards will run away

SHADOWGEISTISHERE
12-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Fuck this shit!

tehapoc
12-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Haha. You're not even like 5 minutes into the game.

If you shoot the hornet's nest and hit the first guy then you'll clear the entire area of enemies.

BSM
12-07-2011, 04:40 AM
I'm assuming you're far into the game and just realized that those counted as kills when you went to the sorrow's river?

CHRONICTHEORY
12-19-2011, 04:07 AM
le sigh...

minimalism
12-28-2011, 04:14 PM
i suggest just playing the game normally, killing whoever you want, just don't get spotted. if you beat the game with no alerts you unlock the stealth camo. if you beat the end by stamina depletion, you unlock his tranq sniper. having both of those makes a no-kill run easy as shit.

it's better that way, i think. MGS3 is a fantastic game, and you should play it first without having to tediously check a guide or youtube vids. then on your second run, use your stealth camo and new gear to mop up anything you need.

I H3PATITIS B I
01-13-2012, 10:47 PM
Does anyone know if guard dogs count? Because I always light those mofos up, :uzi: they always seem to wake up really quickly if you just tranq 'em.

Tha Mantis
01-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Does anyone know if guard dogs count? Because I always light those mofos up, :uzi: they always seem to wake up really quickly if you just tranq 'em.

I was wondering the same, also what about those guys who fly on those platform things? If you tranq them they fall and explode, so does that count as a kill?

tehapoc
01-14-2012, 06:04 PM
I just avoided shooting guys on hovercrafts and motorcycles.

Not 100% on dogs, but I would avoid killing them.

TVthePunisher
01-15-2012, 09:21 AM
I just avoided shooting guys on hovercrafts and motorcycles.

Not 100% on dogs, but I would avoid killing them.

Damnit I shot a dog! I avoided the Hovercraft guys but...wait why would a dog count? ._. if other animals don't count towards it, I'm not sure why a dog would. I at least hope not! The thing spotted me, I had a .45 out because I was shooting out the electric fence boxes...I didn't think to switch to the EZ gun ;>_> bam it was dead.

Edit: I can confirm that it has no effect on your achievement to kill dogs. I unlocked Peace Walker just fine.

snake2410
01-21-2012, 08:07 AM
Damnit I shot a dog! I avoided the Hovercraft guys but...wait why would a dog count? ._. if other animals don't count towards it, I'm not sure why a dog would. I at least hope not! The thing spotted me, I had a .45 out because I was shooting out the electric fence boxes...I didn't think to switch to the EZ gun ;>_> bam it was dead.

Edit: I can confirm that it has no effect on your achievement to kill dogs. I unlocked Peace Walker just fine.

Motorcycle and hovercraft guys do not count as kills as long as you tranq them. Even if they blow up as long as you tranq'ed them and didn't use a lethal weapon then they won't count.