PDA

View Full Version : Which DVD should I get? Voltron or GoLion (JP)

Motorexskygtr32
12-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I know there is a huge difference between Voltron and Voltron: Beast King Go Lion (JP).

I am kind of more leading to Voltron but to people who own Voltron Complete Series of DVD that I need to ask you guys a question.

I did went to the movie store and found Voltron Complete Series DVD but finding no english subtitle in the package at all. However in Amazon.com, it stated that it has English Subtitle in Season 1 but not other season. It never mentioned anywhere that has English Subtitle except Season 1. Not sure if it is misleading.

Amazon.com: Voltron - Defender of the Universe - Collection One: Blue Lion: Jack Angel, Michael Bell, Peter Cullen, Tress MacNeille, Neil Ross, B.J. Ward, Lennie Weinrib, Franklin Cofod, John Teichman: Movies & TV

Just wanted to make sure if all Voltron Season 1 to 8 do have English Subtitle, if not then I will get Go Lion instead. The reason why I asked whether it have English Subtitle is because I am deaf and required to use English subtitle to watch it in order to understand it. That would be greatly help if you guys could answer this. Thanks.

Darth Cuda
12-09-2011, 09:41 AM
Isn't golion the japanese animated one with all the gore ect. I remember watching and seeing that advertised when i watched final Voltron dvd and felt ripped off. If its what im temembering golion would be what i want.

I already replied to you in pm but ill throw it out here CE (metal case) didnt have subtitles. Atleast not disks ive checked.

Kyanite
12-20-2011, 03:40 AM
I know there is a huge difference between Voltron and Voltron: Beast King Go Lion (JP).

It's not "Voltron: Beast King Go Lion", it's just "Beast King GoLion". It's not a spinoff, prequel, sequel, or anything like that; it's its own series. The animation was licensed and recycled into the original Voltron series, nothing more.